• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

big lantern ghost

the notorious blg
Pronouns
he/him
MWyB5pN.gif

Famiboards is a place with a friendly and genuinely loving community. I spend enough time here that sometimes I take for granted what a rare thing that is to be a part of. @PixelKnight, wise bloke that he is, coined a term for this special mood we have: Famicafé. That’s exactly what I was envisioning as I put this thread together. I strongly believe that Famiboards dot com is the best damn website on the internet. Thanks for being here and making it what it is.

Be yourself, be kind and have fun! Don’t forget your beverage of choice.

Famiboards: The Mario Maker Course
That’s right: Famiboards now has an officially unofficial course in Mario Maker 2! It’s not very taxing — I don’t want anyone tilted at Famicafé! If you crave a challenge, try to get all 70 coins in a single run, or beat the speed run record that Fami staff and alumni have been working on the past few days!

lb7WOEN.gif

9FG-6C0-BFF

VIDEO GAMES
Did you know that video games are releasing on the Nintendo Switch this month? It’s true! Here’s just a few of them, and what day they release:

• Freedom Planet 2 (4th)
  • Botany Manor (9th)
  • Grounded (16th)
  • Planet of Lana (16th)
  • TMNT Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants (23rd)
  • Another Crab’s Treasure (25th)
  • SaGa Emerald Beyond (25th)
  • El Shaddai HD Remaster (28th)

GenDisc: The Story So Far
|ST Oct 2021| by @mazi
|ST2 Nov 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or… by @Derachi
|ST3 Dec 2021| Topical Threes by @Suswave
|ST4 Jan 2022| Resurrections by @Skittzo
|ST5 Feb 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3 by @Dardan Sandiego
|ST6 Mar 2022| Marchful Mode by @EvilChameleon
|ST7 Apr 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel by @EvilChameleon
|ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8 by @Barely Able
|ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer! by @Irene
|ST10 July 2022| Julyve A Live by @Plum
|ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody’s 11-12 Discussion Thread by @Legion of Primes
|ST12 Sept 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03 by @xghost777
|ST13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary! by @hologram
|ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear by @bellydrum
|ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami by @Red Monster
|ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning by @chocolate_supra
|ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe by @SammyJ9
|ST18 Mar 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month by @Brofield
|ST19 Apr 2023| A tradition unlike any other by @Josh5890
|ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop is a Waterfall by @Irene
|ST21 June 2023| Welcome to Famipark! by @Party Sklar
|ST22 July 2023| PIKMINVASION by @famicorpse
|ST23 Aug 2023| Things Get WEIRD by @shoptroll
|ST24 Sept 2023| Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.) by @Barely Able
|ST25 Oct 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary! by @VolcanicDynamo
|ST26 Nov 2023| The Man Who Erased His Moves by @Derachi
|ST27 Dec 2023| Have a Cuppa with Your Fami by @MissingNo.
|ST28 Jan 2024| This Is Our Year by @ngpdrew
|ST29 Feb 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity by @Suswave
|ST30 Mar 2024| Famiboards Town-Square by @Raccoon

The Future
GenDisc chugs along thanks to community volunteers. If you’d like to sign up to helm an open month, @ me in this thread and let me know! I’ll add you to the list. Here’s how that’s looking at the moment:

• |ST32 May 2024| by Chie
  • |ST33 June 2024| by DecoReturns
  • |ST34 July 2024| by xghost777
  • |ST35 August 2024| by shoptroll
  • |ST36 September 2024| by Suswave
  • !!! No one has claimed October or later !!!

Last edited:
Oh great hell day starts early

Edit: I am referring to the day of pranks and evil scams mind you. This was a fun one tho
Ok now this is a good April fools joke

Last edited:
Famiboards: The Mario Maker Course
That’s right: Famiboards now has an officially unofficial course in Mario Maker 2! It’s not very taxing — I don’t want anyone tilted at Famicafé! If you crave a challenge, try to get all 70 coins in a single run, or beat the speed run record that Fami staff and alumni have been working on the past few days!

lb7WOEN.gif

9FG-6C0-BFF
Someone @ me if my record of 38.204 gets beaten 😎

holy shit, love an official Mario Maker level to celebrate the occasion!

I should find some of my old levels…

or make some new ones that make people less angry…

looks up info on dream den and hole of heroes in pikmin 2…. Uh it may be time for a break… heck the credits rolled maybe I should just count this as complete for now

I am alive, I am tired, and I get a four day long weekend! Let's get this bread!

To @Raccoon, your stewardship of the Town Square is as inspiring as always, and thank you for bandying this rowdy crowd of merry gamers for a chill ST!

To @big lantern ghost, the cozy vibes remain immaculate as always, and looking forward to what April has in store (minus the "news" that'll come out today 🙃). But thank you for reminding me Botany Manor comes out later this month, I'm excited to check that one out!

To @chocolate_supra, yes I did listen to MEGALITH, and life was good. @Suswave thank you for bringing chaotic sax jazz into my life with this lil ditty

To @KilgoreWolfe, I am absolutely elated you've been vibing to Springsteen, and if nothing else I am glad that this is my one small legacy on this esteemed board 😋 Are you going through his discography in release order, or just with whatever grabs your fancy? Any deep cuts you've found that speak to your very soul?

To @Imitatio, my Sisfield does not care for games nearly as much as I do, but she does like her Bioshock and recently setup my old 360 so she could replay the series again the other day lol. Also Marc Summersteen reminded me of the Funny or Die skit about Republican Bruce Springsteen but I'm not a hundred percent sure if the bit still holds up or not from 2014 lmao

By the way, I read the replies to the bonus sanity check at the end of my thread and sadly I don't think anyone else hears it.

Maybe it's just the Boss Baby effect (i.e. "this is giving me major Boss Baby vibes" says man watching his second movie ever), but the saxophone lick at about 2:12 immediately reminded me of the Dolphin Shoals lick, as featured in this great video.

To @KilgoreWolfe, I am absolutely elated you've been vibing to Springsteen, and if nothing else I am glad that this is my one small legacy on this esteemed board 😋 Are you going through his discography in release order, or just with whatever grabs your fancy? Any deep cuts you've found that speak to your very soul?
I have mostly been listening to the Spotify 167 song Best Of, but from that I've really enjoyed Rosalita and his cover of Nightshift. Oh, and Hello Sunshine is great too. I also ended up picking up Darkness on the Edge of Town on vinyl, and Adam Raised a Cain really stuck out to me. Looking forward to listening to more!

Also, great ST @big lantern ghost! Any OP with a Mario Maker level in it is already a winner in my books. Speaking of which, if anyone wants to try my levels (I'm kinda proud of them), my maker ID is BT6-9JK-1QG.

I have mostly been listening to the Spotify 167 song Best Of, but from that I've really enjoyed Rosalita and his cover of Nightshift. Oh, and Hello Sunshine is great too. I also ended up picking up Darkness on the Edge of Town on vinyl, and Adam Raised a Cain really stuck out to me. Looking forward to listening to more!

Also, great ST @big lantern ghost! Any OP with a Mario Maker level in it is already a winner in my books. Speaking of which, if anyone wants to try my levels (I'm kinda proud of them), my maker ID is BT6-9JK-1QG.
Ahh, DotEoT is a certified classic; Candy's Room and Racing In The Streets is what always stuck out to me, but of course with Badlands leading the charge it's just a wonderful self-contained album. If you enjoy the one-two punch of Born To Run leading into Darkness, I highly implore you listen to the album that should have come out between both; The Promise. Listening to all three as a trilogy brings a certain cohesiveness that is hard to describe, but god it just sounds so good.

The man puts out so much material that he's had not one but two full double LPs of tracks left on the cutting room floor (and then there's everything behind The River with The Ties That Bind collection) that arguably stand among the pantheon of his best works regardless, it's just so awe-inspiring.

Also Spotify only having a paltry 167 songs for their Best Of playlist compared to my own Springsteen playlist that's approaching 400 songs has me feeling like this meme lmao

anyone else think Mamma Mia's instrumental sounds like a Sonic stage theme (put it to 1.5 speed)

Apropos of nothing, but there has yet to be a week where I don't click the "Click for frogs" in your signature thinking it's part of the post, move my mouse to start playing "Frog Hop" while wondering what this has to do with the topic at hand, at which point my brain finally wakes up and goes "Hey, wait a minute..." 50/50 shot I press play anyway, because it's a good song.

EDIT: Also, yeah, I feel the Sonic vibes.

By the way, I read the replies to the bonus sanity check at the end of my thread and sadly I don't think anyone else hears it.

Maybe it's just the Boss Baby effect (i.e. "this is giving me major Boss Baby vibes" says man watching his second movie ever), but the saxophone lick at about 2:12 immediately reminded me of the Dolphin Shoals lick, as featured in this great video.

oh my god no you’re totally right

Ahh, DotEoT is a certified classic; Candy's Room and Racing In The Streets is what always stuck out to me, but of course with Badlands leading the charge it's just a wonderful self-contained album. If you enjoy the one-two punch of Born To Run leading into Darkness, I highly implore you listen to the album that should have come out between both; The Promise. Listening to all three as a trilogy brings a certain cohesiveness that is hard to describe, but god it just sounds so good.

The man puts out so much material that he's had not one but two full double LPs of tracks left on the cutting room floor (and then there's everything behind The River with The Ties That Bind collection) that arguably stand among the pantheon of his best works regardless, it's just so awe-inspiring.

Also Spotify only having a paltry 167 songs for their Best Of playlist compared to my own Springsteen playlist that's approaching 400 songs has me feeling like this meme lmao

I'll be honest, the primary reason I went with DotEoT is because the record store didn't have Born to Run, lmao. I will definitely give The Promise a listen soon too.

And 167 seemed like a lot to me but considering how much he's put out I understand what you mean lol.

I'm pretty proud of my last post in the previous GenDisc thread, ngl

edit: dang, I mean my second to last post. I totally forgot about the holy shitpost I made in response to Volc 😅

Last edited:
lest my threats be empty, here are some cursed canon Suswave Mario Maker Courses

The McFilthy Mole Emporium
3R1-TKP-J0G

A Quiet Lake
75P-662-0QF

Weird Traffic
SHS-KCL-P1

The Wizardian Procedure
8MQ-HNG-MPG

Build A Tower
PMT-X1S-B7G

please be aware that I made these courses to ruin a friend’s livestream

they are bizarre and slightly puzzle-oriented

and have very low clear ratios…

@big lantern ghost lemme just say as a frequent gifposter: your opening gif is some good stuff. Also dang I wish I had Mario Maker now. 😅

I am fully laughing at this shit irl dude

Dammit! Dammit dammit dammit! I was thinking that!! But I almost immediately then thought "nah come on Choco, not every sax lick is the Mario Kart lick," and kept looking throughout the song. 😅
Shoulda had more faith in my own ears.

Standing here like the Travolta gif because we're not already on page two.
I don't think we're even allowed to move to page two till @Irene says her thing

The charge move is 1000 years of death, we got the sword catch, we’ve got the finger pistols, we have the human sword, we have Star Wars and the Adams Family in one, we have a freakin Eva ref XD
おめでとう 🤣

Back
Top Bottom