• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyJ9

Weeb of the Rings
Pronouns
He/Him
"Why hello, I didn't see you there!"

M2SCgFO.png

"What are you doing out here all alone? I say, you look like you've nearly caught your death of cold! Let's get out of this nasty weather, come along... my little cottage is just down the way through the trees."

"I call it..."

O6jK8hm.png

kW5t4bp.png

Welcome to the thread! This is the Nintendo General Discussion Thread, but it's really more a great place to hang out and chat, talk about whatever we feel like Nintendo-related (or even not!), and really pretty much whatever else! Don't worry about trying to be on topic too much, and please feel free to say hello and hop right in if you're new! Just please be respectful and considerate, this is a nice comfy space for everyone and we like to keep it chill, for the most part.

RE: Directland: Will we be getting a Nintendo Direct this month? Who knows! But it has happened the last few years in February, so we're strapped in and ready to go if we do. Full steam ahead on the hype train!

---

"Why such a strange name, you ask? It just came to me, honestly! I feel like a strange voice just described something about... threads? Discussion? Directs? Bah, it's all muddled about in my head. You see, there's a bit of magic about the place, and it tends to form itself and its purpose around the new owner. Which happens to be me! I just recently moved in, you know. The previous occupant was a certain @chocolate_supra , quite the spiffing fellow I must say. He really took great care of it! Now then... do watch your head, I'm afraid the house is built more for someone of my stature."

fY0xF5X.png

"Rather cozy, isn't it? Do make yourself comfortable by the fire, I'll fetch us something hot to drink. Do you prefer coffee? Tea? Hot chocolate, perhaps?"

---

"Ahhh... yes, there we are! Now, sip that slowly. I can see the color returning to your cheeks already! Let me see... I know just the thing to pass the time while you warm your cold bones. I'm something of a collector of tales, you know, and I'd be happy to spin one for you. They seem to be a part of this house as well, in their own way. Why, the previous owner told me one just the other day that was quite engaging! But that was his to tell, so I'll stick to those I know well. I know tales of heroic pasts, faraway lands, lost wonders... are they true? Make-believe? Hmm, well, who can say?"

"Now, sit back, relax, cast your mind adrift... and I shall begin with..."

---

"The Tales of the Travelers Eight"

Iwrf9SI.png

"These tales take us to distant Solistia, a land comprising an eastern and western continent divided by the sea. It is a bustling era, wherein large vessels navigate busy sea routes and the power of steam gives birth to new technologies. Some people thrill to glamorous stars of the stage and industry, while others are brought to tears by war, plague, and poverty. In this faraway realm, eight travelers hailing from different regions venture forth for their own reasons. What adventures will they find? What dangers? What will they learn on their journeys? And what will happen when their paths begin to intertwine?"

Game: Octopath Traveler 2
Release Date: February 24th
Relevant Famiboards Thread: Octopath Traveler 2 Pre-Release Thread

---

"What next? How about something more lighthearted - full of joy, wonder, and plump, pink roundness..."

---

"The Tales of DreamLand"

dD9VHGF.png

"The world's cutest eldritch god-being - cough - err, pink puffball, Kirby - is back in another adventure, this time revisiting one from his past - a return to DreamLand! He was simply trying to enjoy a slice of shortcake one day, as one does, when a mysterious hole in the sky opened, and soon Kirby was drawn into an adventure all across Planet Popstar to help Magolor rebuild his broken spaceship - now with newly added Mecha and Sand Copy Abilities! Errr... I'm not quite sure what that last part means, but a voice in my head made me say it."

Game: Kirby's Return to DreamLand Deluxe
Release Date: February 24th
Relevant Famiboards Thread: Kirby Return to DreamLand New Info, etc.

---

"How about something a bit more... dangerous? Mysterious? Unknown?"

---

"The Tales of the Labyrinth"

miBRc1B.png

"Not here, but somewhere far away... discover what lurks in the labyrinth's mysterious depths. As the spirit dwelling inside the Lanterne de Fantasmagorie, you set out under the direction of Madame Marta to explore the underground labyrinth and find the Curios that lie buried beneath Galleria Manor. This very story is only the beginning of the curious saga about to unfold. What mysteries will be uncovered in the labyrinth? And will you escape with your life, much less the loot? And what's really going on here, anyway? Mystery surrounds the labyrinth, the manor, and everyone involved, and things may not be what they seem... "

Game: Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society
Release Date: February 14th
Relevant Famiboards Thread: Labyrinth of Galleria announcement thread

---

"I have one last story for you - an old classic..."

---

"The Tales of Symphonia"

3LAaX3o.png

"Sylvarant is a world in danger of extinction due to the exploitation of mana by an evil group thought to be sealed away by the hero Mithos 4,000 years ago. Colette, The Chosen One, receives an oracle from the heavenly institution Cruxis, and sets out on a World Regeneration journey with her childhood friend Lloyd. Join them as they travel the land on a quest to unseal elemental temples and restore the flow of mana to the world, and ultimately reach the Tower of Salvation - where their destiny awaits."

"Hmm? What does 'Symphonia' have to do with any of that? And what is a Symphonia, you ask? Well, that is- err- you know, I think I'm nearly out of Tales to tell at the moment, and my throat is getting quite dry suddenly..."

Game: Tales of Symphonia Remastered
Release Date: February 17th
Relevant Famiboards Thread: Tales of Symphonia Remastered - Announcement Thread

---

"How are you feeling? Getting some warmth back in you? Hopefully at least one of those tales was to your liking. Oh, you need to be going? Not a problem, I've talked your ear off by now I'm sure. I needed to go gather some more nuts shortly anyway! Can never have too many nuts stored up, you know. Just remember that you'll always be welcome here! Until we meet again, friend. Stay safe!"

Previous General Discussion STs:​

|ST Oct. 2021| by @mazi
|ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or… by @Derachi
|ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes by @Suswave
|ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections by @Skittzo
|ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3 by @Dardan Sandiego
|ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode by @EvilChameleon
|ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel by @EvilChameleon
|ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8 by @Barely Able
|ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer! by @Irene
|ST10 July 2022| Julyve A Live by @Plum
|ST11 August 2022| Everybody’s 11-12 Discussion Thread by @Legion of Primes
|ST12 September 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03 by @xghost777
|ST13 Oct. 2022| Our First Famiversary! by @hologram
|ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear by @bellydrum
|ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami by @Red Monster
|ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning by @chocolate_supra

Upcoming General Discussion ST claims:​

ST18 March 2023 @Brofield
ST19 April 2023 @Josh5890
ST20 May 2023 unclaimed
ST21 June 2023 @Party Sklar
ST22 July 2023 unclaimed
ST23 August 2023 unclaimed
ST24 September 2023 @Barely Able
ST25 October 2023 @VolcanicDynamo (or a month when a potential 3D Mario is announced)
ST26 November 2023 unclaimed
ST27 December 2023 unclaimed

If anyone actually read this far:

Thanks for putting up with my rather silly idea for an ST, it was fun! And apologies to all my friends in the southern hemisphere where I'm sure it is not cold, snowy, or warm-up-by-the-fireside weather.

Thread has an Octopath Traveler reference, approved

Looking forward to an interesting month! Not super interested in anything besides Octopath for the month but I've got more than enough to keep me busy until then, and we should hopefully get some cool stuff announcement-wise

Great OP @SammyJ9 ! Going to be a fun month with Octopath, Kirby, and Theatrhythm among other stuff. Hope we have a cool Direct to celebrate soon!

Also didn’t get to say it before the thread closed, loved your January thread @chocolate_supra ! Hope you continue sharing your Chrono Cross adventures here or in the RPG thread :)

Oooo new thread time!
Pretty excited for February. Been looking forward to the new Theatrhythm game for a while!

The month of my birthday! I'll have to settle for the great Tales of Symphonia as a birthday gift to myself.

Excellent OP, the vibe is just perfect.

I'm really looking forward to Octopath Traveler 2 this month, but before that, Theatrhythm Final Bar Line is going to dominate my free time when it comes out.

FIRST PAGE YEEEEAHHHH

Let's go Direct month!!!!

Also, nice ST @SammyJ9. Comfiest one since last November's!

That was the goal! Like I said, I knew I could not hope to match your chaotic shitpost energy, so I went more warm and cozy vibes.
Well then, success. 😁

Also didn’t get to say it before the thread closed, loved your January thread @chocolate_supra ! Hope you continue sharing your Chrono Cross adventures here or in the RPG thread :)
Thankyouuuu
And actually there ain't much left, I just hit Terra Tower last night so the Cross is about to be Triggered or.. something 😅

@chocolate_supra You were as fine a captain as ever steering not just your first ST but the first ST of the year! Thank you for your service
salute-army.gif

wait what do you mean I'm next
Hell yeah I'll take a salute from King Bowser
anime-girl.gif

Nice thread!

Octopath Traveling II Dream Land with a quick stopover in Theatrhtyhm. February looks kinda packed after a pretty quiet month; I daresay a Direct may just be the cherry on top.

Why weebs seem to have such an obssession with women looking like children?

I was on a video about the remake of DS and people were talking about how Nicole was ruined because she looks older and elden ring good because women look younger.

oh shoot I forgot there would be a new one of these

February is my least favorite month, but at least it's short!

This thread is nice, though.

@SammyJ9 I just realized why your OP starts with us being greeted by a squirrel. 😅😅😅

It's been a long dayyy

Why weebs seem to have such an obssession with women looking like children?

I was on a video about the remake of DS and people were talking about how Nicole was ruined because she looks older and elden ring good because women look younger.
Am weeb, dunno

It weirds me out, too. Maybe it's just rose-colored glasses or something but I feel like the stuff from the 80s and 90s that I grew up on (and like.. pre-Haruhi 00s) skewed much more adult-looking. I dunno why everything now seems to lean the other way 😩

*gasp*
You bought me a ruby?? 😮😮😮
is this because I hid a picture of you in my ST last month?
😢 I only just know saw that. I'm touched, I'm honored, I'm grateful, and I thank you. Though I am embarrassed for not have noticing earlier, this has been wonderful for my cultural literacy. You see, I now understand what it's like to be on Team February, because I feel like an absolute fool.

😢 I only just know saw that. I'm touched, I'm honored, I'm grateful, and I thank you. Though I am embarrassed for not have noticing earlier, this has been wonderful for my cultural literacy. You see, I now understand what it's like to be on Team February, because I feel like an absolute fool.
Absolutely cackling right now, well done. 🤣

Always happy to help advance cultural literacy. Gonna put that on my resume. 👍

@SammyJ9 I just realized why your OP starts with us being greeted by a squirrel. 😅😅😅

It's been a long dayyy

Am weeb, dunno

It weirds me out, too. Maybe it's just rose-colored glasses or something but I feel like the stuff from the 80s and 90s that I grew up on (and like.. pre-Haruhi 00s) skewed much more adult-looking. I dunno why everything now seems to lean the other way 😩
I thought that one was fairly obvious, yeah :p. But there’s at least one or so more small things and/or puns in the OP, too!

Hooray for the new thread!

A Direct is coming soon, I can feel it. This is also the month we’re supposed to get our copy of Frosthaven in the mail 😁😁😁😁😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom