• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning, april
FSMjz_AXwAEGHJw.jpg

alright, @chocolate_supra's incredible avatar is an April Fools Day gag I can get down with

tMeQJg0.jpeg

I'm going for it. Introducing Forced CalArts @Suswave:

eOsGzov.png

New thread. New season. New jazz playlist.

Welcome to Sptingtime Jazz 2024!

Day 1: “Up Jumped Spring” Freddie Hubbard

Great way to start the month with an up best hard bop number from the amazing trumpeter. Has such cheerful playing but still bodied by the melancholic trumpet work that gives me a sense of an early spring morning. James Spaulding’s flute is such an amazing accompaniment to the bleat of the trumpet. Reminds me of the classic Peanuts cartoons.

Oh that's not for the day, I lost an avatar bet with myself from months ago, the fail and change was over the weekend.

I'm goddamn losing it at yours though, hell 🤣
@Suswave in shambles... the truth was out there but now it's in here...

the great thing about T-Square having a massive pile of albums is that T-Square month never has to end

seeing as I can’t remember any of your previous ones in detail… googly eyes?

give me a sec, maybe I’ll come up with something better
Prior to this one it was just a picture of Bowser from one of the Mario Movie posters, and beyond that I don't even remember exactly.

Congrats to @chocolate_supra for finally being recognized by Sega

special_240401_01_02.jpg

special_240401_01_03.jpg

Congrats to @chocolate_supra for finally being recognized by Sega

special_240401_01_02.jpg

special_240401_01_03.jpg
oh my god

oh my god

I'm so fucking tired of Stellar Blade twitter holy shit
I'm glad that I have no idea what this is and my only exposure to the game has been via the Axe of the Blood God discord where it's mostly been talk about the combat and how the parry timing compares to Sekiro/Nier/etc

Absolutely majestic

I'm glad that I have no idea what this is and my only exposure to the game has been via the Axe of the Blood God discord where it's mostly been talk about the combat and how the parry timing compares to Sekiro/Nier/etc
I honestly wish I had never found out

I'm not even necessarily opposed to the game, it's just the reaction to it has disappointed and irritated me so much

It's gonna be the new posterchild of "if you are super into this game then I automatically don't trust you" for me

I'm not even necessarily opposed to the game, it's just the reaction to it has disappointed and irritated me so much

It's gonna be the new posterchild of "if you are super into this game then I automatically don't trust you" for me
I can guess, for sure. Which sucks because (though I haven't tried the demo yet) it seems like the combat and vibe of the world is something I'll be into and I was looking forward to checking it out.

Absolutely majestic

Is the reaction unnecessary negative or something? Note: haven't read a lot about this game.

Is the reaction unnecessary negative or something? Note: haven't read a lot about this game.
It's become a chud rallying point because it's by an extremely sexist South Korean developer who went all-in on the "women in video games must be sex dolls" view, is the gist of it I think?

I'm just reading discussions of how the boobs move like slinkies and the game invented calf jiggle. I don't even want to see it for myself, it would ruin my imagination, like when the horror movie shows the monster.

I long for the blissful before times of, uh, about a couple of weeks ago, when I hadn't heard of Stellar Blade or seen the main character design. I think I'd die of second-hand embarrassment if I ever was to try it.

people trying to do a Gamergate 2 have been insisting that Stellar Blade is some key culture war battleground and are acting like it's the first video game to ever have horny character designs, and that its existence/success is somehow "fighting back" against "SJW prudes" because the dumbest people on twitter/youtube have managed to convince them there's some shadowy cabal trying to forcibly remove all attractive women from video games

It's incredibly dumb

It's actually unnecessarily positive. 😅
👇👇👇
It's become a chud rallying point because it's by an extremely sexist South Korean developer who went all-in on the "women in video games must be sex dolls" view, is the gist of it I think?

I'm just reading discussions of how the boobs move like slinkies and the game invented calf jiggle. I don't even want to see it for myself, it would ruin my imagination, like when the horror movie shows the monster.
On top of everything above, it started being shown off very very shortly after stuff started circulating about "woke" consulting firms "forcing" game devs to make "ugly characters" to fit "an agenda," using characters like Aloy from HZD and pretty much every character in TLoU as examples. So now every time I see anyone talk about Stellar Blade it's the whole "finally we're allowed to make characters attractive again!! Take that, woke mob!!!" angle. Youtube keeps trying to throw an Asmongold video at me where he declares it GOTY, just as an example.

I hate it so much.

people trying to do a Gamergate 2 have been insisting that Stellar Blade is some key culture war battleground and are acting like it's the first video game to ever have horny character designs, and that its existence/success is somehow "fighting back" against "SJW prudes" because the dumbest people on twitter/youtube have managed to convince them there's some shadowy cabal trying to forcibly remove all attractive women from video games

It's incredibly dumb

👇👇👇

On top of everything above, it started being shown off very very shortly after stuff started circulating about "woke" consulting firms "forcing" game devs to make "ugly characters" to fit "an agenda," using characters like Aloy from HZD and pretty much every character in TLoU as examples. So now every time I see anyone talk about Stellar Blade it's the whole "finally we're allowed to make characters attractive again!! Take that, woke mob!!!" angle. Youtube keeps trying to throw an Asmongold video at me where he declares it GOTY, just as an example.

I hate it so much.
Oh man. The fuck...

Wow. I thought Stellar Blade was embarrassing from the jump. Every piece of information I've learned from this thread has made it way more embarrassing.
Yeah like, if it was just some people's embarrassing little guilty pleasure action game then okay fine, whatever. But the fact that people are trying to elevate it as some massive victory for pervs in an imaginary war being waged against them is just exasperating.

👇👇👇

I hate it so much.
Yeah, that's about what I expected was probably happening. It's a sign of how predictable and repetitive the gamergate mob is that I already knew what their entire playbook was going to be without even hearing anything about this particular instance yet.

Like, c'mon. A) Get better material and B) ...ugh

I was living, for the most part, in blissful ignorance about what the problems with Stellar Blade are. And then I read the posts here.
I'm sorry everyone

It's incredibly dumb
This is about how I feel on it. The thing is i've seen some seemingly normal people who aren't in on the whole culture war background who think people that don't like how this has blown up on Twitter are like prudes or something and it's like ... no ... I can get how you'd think that, but the problem is really more the cultural background and how people hyping this shit as game of the year just because it has muh jiggle physics are the same type of people who read oneangrygamer

Also as someone who played the demo, it's fine, but I wish the real controversy was how boring and unnecessary adding Souls mechanics to every action game is 😔 I get tired of games having terrible hitstun, especially a game that is inspired by character action games. My opinion on the quality is very similar to Maximilian's

Also as someone who played the demo, it's fine, but I wish the real controversy was how boring and unnecessary adding Souls mechanics to every action game is 😔
See, before the "special" outfits surfaced and everyone went goofy over the game, back when I had just heard of it as being possibly "another Automata," I was thinking I might give it a try! But now that the demo is out and I'm seeing people say it's actually more Souls than Nier I'm like "welp, n/m"

to lighten things up a bit:

I really feel Sega was onto something with the Sonic & Knuckles lock on cartridge. So unerutilized I feel. Wish there were more games doing weird things like that. Like the Code Master games with extra controller ports IN the actual cartridges 😄

godddddd dammit can we fucking CUT THIS SHIT OUTTTTTTT

I'm so fucking sick of the minefield

please

please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom