• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s play a game. It’s called “what is switchum playing?” and the goal is that you have to guess what switchum is playing.

Here are your hints:

1) It’s an all-time classic

2) It’s considered one of the best games ever made

3) It’s part of a long-running series

4) Like, how the hell have I never played this?

5) It’s not like it’s a secret. It’s a super well known game that revolutionized gaming as we know it.

6) What the actual hell? I should have started this long ago

7) Seriously, what the fuck? You’re telling me I’ve taken 22 years to start playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time?

…wait

shit I think I ruined the guessing game

Mmm new thread, smell, etc.!

Happy to be in April - could be some fun developments this month

Let’s play a game. It’s called “what is switchum playing?” and the goal is that you have to guess what switchum is playing.

Here are your hints:

5) It’s not like it’s a secret. It’s a super well known game that revolutionized gaming as we know it.

7) Seriously, what the fuck? You’re telling me I’ve taken 22 years to start playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time?

…wait

Chrono Trigger

Here are your hints:

hackey sack

For some reason I read sorcery as groceries lmaoo
Look being able to conjure groceries at any given time is a fantasy of mine

Oh no. I swear, if you trap me in the Sega Dimension again, I will LOSE IT.
... <silently shoves the blue tapestries into a corner>

Seriously, what the fuck? You’re telling me I’ve taken 22 years to start playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time?
It's okay, you didn't miss much :sneaky:

So I'm playing Dr. Mario on Game Boy NSO. Why, when the much superior NES is right there? No real reason. And because there was no real reason to play it over any other version of Dr. Mario, it led to a discovery.

Remember the Super Smash Bros. Melee rendition of Dr. Mario's Fever? Kinda fast paced, has this bridge at the end of the song that isn't there in the original song?

Well imagine my shock when I play Dr. Mario on Game Boy, get to hearing Fever, hear the faster tempo and the bridge, and realize that this whole time, they just remixed the Game Boy version of the song, and then they just...stopped bringing back the longer version of the track!

Twenty three years! Melee has been out for twenty three years, and I had to find this out by playing a version of a game I had no good reason to ever play???

I’m saving my full thoughts for a review in the Completed Games thread, but I’ll give you a sneak peek:

-It is a fantastic game

-It is not the greatest game of all time

I’d love to hear more about what you didn’t like about it! Unless this was /s and I didn’t pick up on it

-It is not the greatest game of all time
hero-image.fill.size_1200x900.v1623383987.jpg

GET HIM BOYSSSS
meatbag when someone mentions a 3d zelda before 2017

Alright since a couple of people were doing the "Does this song sound like X" on the first page
I realize this next one is going to be an INCREDIBLY niche intersection
But please tell me if anyone else hears an Ace Attorney theme from 0:47 onwards

So I'm playing Dr. Mario on Game Boy NSO. Why, when the much superior NES is right there? No real reason. And because there was no real reason to play it over any other version of Dr. Mario, it led to a discovery.

Remember the Super Smash Bros. Melee rendition of Dr. Mario's Fever? Kinda fast paced, has this bridge at the end of the song that isn't there in the original song?

Well imagine my shock when I play Dr. Mario on Game Boy, get to hearing Fever, hear the faster tempo and the bridge, and realize that this whole time, they just remixed the Game Boy version of the song, and then they just...stopped bringing back the longer version of the track!

Twenty three years! Melee has been out for twenty three years, and I had to find this out by playing a version of a game I had no good reason to ever play???

Okay now that's some cool lore

New thread! Also, that Famicup of coffee in the opening .gif of this thread is just beautiful :)

I thought I will finish Ryza 2 last month. I ended up spending so much time just alchemy-ing that I'm still quite a way from finishing the main storyline...

mLl6LDG.gif

Good morning, everyone! Or uh, whatever time it is where you're at. The Famicafé never closes, so the passage of time is a little murky at the moment.

My cat really wanted to be in the OP but she's gonna have to settle for page 2:
6YbDVqY.gif

Been streaming FF7 Rebirth to my Steam Deck so I can play in bed and I gotta say, it's hella comfy.

mLl6LDG.gif

Good morning, everyone! Or uh, whatever time it is where you're at. The Famicafé never closes, so the passage of time is a little murky at the moment.

My cat really wanted to be in the OP but she's gonna have to settle for page 2:
6YbDVqY.gif
Famicafe is open 24-7. But sometimes it’s more like a cup of tea in the small hours in a quiet kitchen than Waffle House at 1am.

So I updated my game to check if the date is between April 1st and April 7th and if so to double all Jester damage dealt and halve all Jester damage received. And also turn the Jester's random buff ability into a guaranteed jackpot buff every time.

So I updated my game to check if the date is between April 1st and April 7th and if so to double all Jester damage dealt and halve all Jester damage received. And also turn the Jester's random buff ability into a guaranteed jackpot buff every time.
I almost fell for your April fools joke on Bluesky and was ready to make a thread on here to congratulate you 😭

Here are your hints:

…wait

Catan

Unfortunately the answer was Chrono Trigger. I’m planning on getting on hackey sack over the summer once school calms down; I hear it’s pretty controversial in the fanbase but still has a lot to love
that will never work

the only true way to play hackey sack is at school — and you have to do it until you’re yelled at and it’s taken from you

Alright since a couple of people were doing the "Does this song sound like X" on the first page
I realize this next one is going to be an INCREDIBLY niche intersection
But please tell me if anyone else hears an Ace Attorney theme from 0:47 onwards

you canNOT drop eternity with you in the thread and expect me not to collapse into a human flan, especially not after tdov

taking the day off from the thread to recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom