• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry everyone

This is about how I feel on it. The thing is i've seen some seemingly normal people who aren't in on the whole culture war background who think people that don't like how this has blown up on Twitter are like prudes or something and it's like ... no ... I can get how you'd think that, but the problem is really more the cultural background and how people hyping this shit as game of the year just because it has muh jiggle physics are the same type of people who read oneangrygamer
As someone who loves Xenoblade 2 but knows full well some of the character designs are awful and will always admit that, but also discovered that there's an icky segment of the fanbase who's like "no actually the game rules because of the character designs!!!" and celebrates that, I know this pain all too well.
Also as someone who played the demo, it's fine, but I wish the real controversy was how boring and unnecessary adding Souls mechanics to every action game is 😔 I get tired of games having terrible hitstun, especially a game that is inspired by character action games. My opinion on the quality is very similar to Maximilian's
See, before the "special" outfits surfaced and everyone went goofy over the game, back when I had just heard of it as being possibly "another Automata," I was thinking I might give it a try! But now that the demo is out and I'm seeing people say it's actually more Souls than Nier I'm like "welp, n/m"
See here, though, I'm the opposite. As soon as I heard "it's actually less character action and a lot more Sekiro" then I immediately got way more interested. I don't actually like character action games and I adore Souls games, so I guess I'm part of the problem who wants Souls mechanics in like... everything :p

Binging Gamecenter CX while drinking some special beers make this easter great!

Still don’t know which version of megaton Musashi wired I’m getting on the 25th

I'm committed to wearing this face all day but it hurts a lot

I was such a stupid kid that when I bought Sonic and Knuckles back then I thought something was wrong with the cartridge and tried to exchange it for a cartridge that wasn't defective looking.

if anyone else wants a cursed version of their pic, idle hands are the devil's playthings...

wZwGZpR.png
I don't doubt your abilities at all, so it's not a matter of could, but should my avatar be even more cursed?

The new Prince of Persia game is so fucking good. It's just a really good platformer, the Prince controls beautifully, and it's incredibly polished.

Somewhat related to Stellar Blade but I hate how Asian art and media has been glamorized and propped up by a certain sub-set of people in the West. Asia isn't some booby loving utopia they think it is. A lot the Asian media, are still very niche in their home countries. Stellar Blade will sell peanuts compared to something like Animal Crossing. A lot of popular anime airs on TV in the middle of the night either because it's too graphic for a regular audience or because it's not popular enough to warrant a primetime slot. Ratings systems in Japan, Korea, and China can be even more strict than their western counterparts, especially when it comes to violence. Walking around with a big boobed anime girl on your shirt will probably get you as many side eyes in Asia as it would in the US.

Of course, we know idiots online ignore this stuff in bad faith.

See here, though, I'm the opposite. As soon as I heard "it's actually less character action and a lot more Sekiro" then I immediately got way more interested. I don't actually like character action games and I adore Souls games, so I guess I'm part of the problem who wants Souls mechanics in like... everything :p
I wrote a big reply expanding on my problems with the trend but realized it probably came off as unnecessarily negative lol so I just deleted it. I like the From games. What i played of Stellar Blade was good, like a 7/10 so I wouldn't mind trying it sometime but probably on sale.

Fun fact: this is the first Gen Disc ST where you can't read "ST[XX] [Month], [Year]" as "ST, [XX] of [Month], [Year]"

If we had been founded a year earlier or later, this would have instead happened in the corresponding February

I love to imagine FamiCafe where pets are welcome and there are lounge seats to enjoy books, comics and manga and there are table arcade games and a dj is playing cool vinyl sets.

👌

Fun fact: this is the first Gen Disc ST where you can't read "ST[XX] [Month], [Year]" as "ST, [XX] of [Month], [Year]"

If we had been founded a year earlier or later, this would have instead happened in the corresponding February
that's a great fun fact

I wanted to make an April Fools day picture for you, but it feels so rude to mess with your cat...

...the shitpost abyss won out in the end, though

b2S4c3K.jpeg

Just finished my job interview. I think I did the best I could, but FUCK, am I nervous!

Fantastic thread @big lantern ghost

I’ve been playing the first sonic the hedgehog from the origins collection today. It is great. I will say that labyrinth zone, and scrap zone act 3 are the worst parts of an otherwise great classic.I’m at the final zone and will finish this evening

I’m not letting sinus stuff running my gaming fun.

I don't even know what could be done to make my good boi cursed. Mirror reflect? Given human eyeballs on top of where his should be? Canonically evolve into Hisuian Arcanine?
you’re not gonna like what i do

after i get cigarettes lmao

I don't even know what could be done to make my good boi cursed. Mirror reflect? Given human eyeballs on top of where his should be? Canonically evolve into Hisuian Arcanine?
v3LEQyT.png

mmmm I’m not fixing that outline

maybe later

see, this is what happens when i rush… not nearly horrible enough

H e y , t h a t ' s f u n n y ! L e t m e t r y .

S u p e r M a a a A A A A A A A A A ! ! !
I’ve been introduced to sonic the hedgehog (I did play generations last year). I’m playing the first one on the origins collection and it is great. Can’t believe I’ve missed out

I may play some Mario games I never played or haven’t in a long time as well

I just wish these sinuses weren’t as bad as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom