• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Famiboards Discussion Club |ST| A Community Podcast, Directly to You! (Audio Editor Wanted!)

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

FDCST.jpeg

Hello everyone! I am very happy to announce the launch of the Famiboards Discussion Club, a new podcast by and for the Famiboards community! We are hoping to have this be a monthly podcast in which we talk about current or interesting topics in the world of gaming, as well as interact with and have fun with you, our listeners and community members! This is being spearheaded by the Famiboards staff, but we are hoping to have a varied crew hosting the show as well as guests from the community to join in on the discussion. We hope you'll give us a listen!

Where can I listen?

We are planning to have this podcast published to Apple, Spotify, and YouTube.

Why a podcast?

Simply put, we just thought it would be fun to do, and a neat way to celebrate the community! Additionally, we are hoping it becomes a resource that can reach beyond the current Famiboards community and generate more interest and growth for Famiboards as a whole.

How can I help participate?

We intend to take ideas from the community for each episode and are hoping this thread becomes an active discussion ground that serves as a companion to the podcast. As of now, we are planning to take questions from the community that the podcast participants will discuss at the end of each episode. As the podcast grows and develops, we will take on ideas we feel are interesting and entertaining.

Additionally, Podcasts thrive on good reception and engagement, so if you enjoy what we are creating, please take the time to leave a review or comment on the service you are using and share it with anyone you may think will enjoy it.

Episode Index

Episode 01: June 2023 Nintendo Direct
Episode 02: Recalling three months of Tears of the Kingdom
Episode 03: Charles Martinet Steps Down and September 2023 Direct Predictions
Episode 04: Showtime! Nintendo Direct September 2023 Discussion
Episode 05: Discussing the WONDERFUL Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Next Episode's Topic:

TBD

Special Thanks:

All Hosts and Guests:
@Irene
@WestEgg
@VolcanicDynamo
@bellydrum

Podcast Credits:
Irene-Concept, Editing
WestEgg- Concept, Project Management
@Jaysc - Advisor
bellydrum- Intro and Outro theme, Editing
@OTBWY - Podcast logo
@Barely Able - Podcast name

Last edited:
Episode 01- June 2023 Nintendo Direct
We are up on YouTube and Spotify!

Looks like we're up on Apple now too!

Last edited:
Subscribed! Will give it a listen when I do my usual podcast listening during the week. Very excited about this after it was hinted at not long ago.

Direct link for Spotify users:

Last edited:
The internet when I try to plug the podcast outside of Famiboards.

17ua22.jpg

SO pumped to give this a listen later today!

Huge round of applause for all involved. A lot of work went into getting this idea off the ground, hope to join as a guest one day!

that was a great fist episode, keep it up 👍

edit: pleasantly surprised by the audio quality/editing, most podcasts have some heavy jankiness at the beginning 😬

Last edited:
that was a great fist episode, keep it up 👍

edit: pleasantly surprised by the audio quality/editing, most podcasts have some heavy jankiness at the beginning 😬
Yeah, the only real issue I think is my own audio quality, and that's more due to my setup. I'm going to work on that for future episodes.

Will check it out when I get the kids to sleep tonight.

Can we rip off other podcasts and do a NSO game of the month discussion on the last episode of each month? Could motivate more people to play games they otherwise wouldn't and to take part in the discussion.

Last edited:
Look, Ma, I'm on a podcast!

Had a lot of fun recording for the podcast. The Nintendo Direct was the perfect topic to start on - especially one that was so packed with Mario (though I'm a touch biased there). There was lots of work behind the scenes to get this going, and I'm glad to be a small part of it.

Wow! What a pleasant surprise. I am smack in the middle of revamping my podcasts to boot. Will be listening tonight 📻

Fantastic starting episode! Subscribed and will keep this in my rotation. If you ever need a guest or anything for RPGs in particular I’m happy to jump in!

This was awesome, everyone! I really enjoyed it! Can’t wait for the next entry~ Really liked how everyone always brought something up to the conversation.

Great first episode. Don’t have much else to add at the moment. Back to replaying the Pikmin demo.

Honestly flattered to have a credit on this. 😊 The name was just a fun idea that popped in my head.

Now to the podcast. This was damn good. Great interaction and transitions for basically getting everyone talking together for the first time. I know a ton of work went into this and it definitely shows! Definitely feels like a seasoned crew.

I didn't think about it until seeing it said here (most recently by @Barely Able directly above) but yeah, I wanna second (or third, or..) the praise about how smooth this whole episode felt, as though I had just come into the middle of a podcast series that has already been running for a while. Not just on the technical side but on the conversation side too. High fives all around for yall and I can't wait for the next one!

Ooh, I love podcasts. Would love to add another to my collection!

edit: Just to let you guys know though, the links in the description don't work. For now though, I'll just listen to it in the morning when I wake up lol.

Last edited:
This was a very fun listen, well done team! Not just because of the content, from some of you it was the first time I heard your voices ;)

Im afraid to listen to it, having then voices to add to those avatars... what if they change how i see you people forever... =O
(joking =D)

After the first few minutes i have 2 points:
  1. while its not reasonable to expect matching microphone setups, thers 2 things i think can be improved:
    WestEgg: way more room sound then the others, maybe positioning the Microphone closer if possible or having some cloth sorounding you (like a pillow behind the microphone or something) could help
    Irene: the signal is way louder then the others, and seems to be way closer to the mic. Gain adjustment/slightly reducing the signal level on the receiving end could help, feels also as if its slightly more compressed then the others, leading to higher loudness even on comparable gain.
  2. Maybe add the core topics of the episode to the title/description, or chapters, since 1:33 is a chunky size for outside people to invest without knowing what the content is about..
Other then that, nice first impression, you all sound like chill people (y)

(PS: don't want to sound pedantic about the sound. Its just that sound quality is a huge factor if a podcast is getting a fair chance, and fluctuation in sound quality can be quite fatiguing, leading to people turning of or not even giving it a try, especially if it is a chill background listen, and it would be a shame if easy fixes when found would hinder the success of the podcast to reach people =D)

Im afraid to listen to it, having then voices to add to those avatars... what if they change how i see you people forever... =O
(joking =D)

After the first few minutes i have 2 points:
  1. while its not reasonable to expect matching microphone setups, thers 2 things i think can be improved:
    WestEgg: way more room sound then the others, maybe positioning the Microphone closer if possible or having some cloth sorounding you (like a pillow behind the microphone or something) could help
    Irene: the signal is way louder then the others, and seems to be way closer to the mic. Gain adjustment/slightly reducing the signal level on the receiving end could help, feels also as if its slightly more compressed then the others, leading to higher loudness even on comparable gain.
  2. Maybe add the core topics of the episode to the title/description, or chapters, since 1:33 is a chunky size for outside people to invest without knowing what the content is about..
Other then that, nice first impression, you all sound like chill people (y)

(PS: don't want to sound pedantic about the sound. Its just that sound quality is a huge factor if a podcast is getting a fair chance, and fluctuation in sound quality can be quite fatiguing, leading to people turning of or not even giving it a try, especially if it is a chill background listen, and it would be a shame if easy fixes when found would hinder the success of the podcast to reach people =D)
Thanks for the feedback! I’m looking to potentially set up recording in my walk in closet the next time I record, as well adjust my settings more optimally, which should hopefully improve things.

Just listened to it. Very nice, cool to hear your thoughts (and voices)! Well done!

Last edited:
Finished it. Pretty good first episode! Keeping it monthly would be a good idea just so everything can pile up and guarantee a meaty podcast without needing to stretch it out with filler.

Audio balancing could use work, but otherwise it was solid.

And @bellydrum I love the music as usual ❤️

Thanks. The team reviewed several ideas, and I finally decided that reinterpreting some Wii U OST music would be fun and relevant.

I recreated this from scratch (by ear!) to the best of my ability, building the synths in Serum and making a little drum beat to give it a little more kick.

Thanks. The team reviewed several ideas, and I finally decided that reinterpreting some Wii U OST music would be fun and relevant.

I recreated this from scratch (by ear!) to the best of my ability, building the synths in Serum and making a little drum beat to give it a little more kick.

oh nice, great work.

Yessssss

I'm always happy to see the Wii U getting love!

the whole episode was great, but the music was the best part. you’re really good!

Great work folks, I've downloaded the first episode and will likely listen to it on my plane ride back from Japan.

Finally got to listen to this a couple days ago. Great work everyone, the conversation flowed really well and there weren't any technical difficulties that made it into the final recording which is always good to see on a first outing.

Back
Top Bottom