• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Famiboards Discussion Club |ST| A Community Podcast, Directly to You! (Audio Editor Wanted!)

Just read about this and will make sure to give it a listen later today! I'm always happy to see initiatives like this one.

Any plans on another episode? I really enjoyed the first one!
Thanks, glad to hear it!

We’re planning to record next weekend and have it ready some time in early August. I’ll actually be publishing the topic and requesting community questions tomorrow.

Episode 2 Topic announcement, Community Questions
Hello everyone!

First I wanted to thank everyone for the warm response to our first episode, it’s been very encouraging and makes us excited about moving forward!

We are ready to announce the subject of the next podcast, which will be a look back at the past three months of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Note this will be a spoiler discussion (though we may contain those to a portion of the episode so that you can avoid them if you wish).

In the Spirit of collaboration with the community, we are also now taking community questions! If there is a question you would like us to discuss on the show, whether about the episode topic or something else, please leave it in this thread.

Thanks again everyone!

As a huge fan of the world design and the vibes of exploration in BotW, I'd ask:
Was there an area from BotW, be it as specific as a town or as large as a region, that yall felt was improved as a result of the changes made in TotK?

Probably very difficult to choose, but: If you had to pick one 'moment' from the game as your favorite, what would you pick? Can either be one specific moment, or a more general section of the game.

Oh and one more: What surprised you the most about TOTK? With how much Nintendo was able to keep under wraps about this game there was a lot in it that nobody expected, despite being built on the same Hyrule as BOTW.

Oh and one more: What surprised you the most about TOTK? With how much Nintendo was able to keep under wraps about this game there was a lot in it that nobody expected, despite being built on the same Hyrule as BOTW.
I can hear what my answer to this question would be 👀

As someone who listens to roughly 8 hours of podcasts nearly everyday, this first episode is excellent. Congratulations to everyone who had a hand in putting this together. Well done.

Hey folks, just a heads up, recording of the next episode has been delayed due to a scheduling conflict. We'll still be recording this when we can, the episode may just take a little more time to release.

I know I am late to it, but if you are still looking for questions:

Considering the tools Link got in TOTK which make you feel like you can interact with the open world in any possible way, do you believe that Nintendo can more or less stick with it as a template? Or do you believe that they need to change something of the core gameplay in a major way?

Personally I think one obvious direction they could go is to have once again a direct sequel, but this time with sea and underwater exploration in a maybe flooded Hyrule.

And as a followup question: Do you miss the old Zelda formula and would there be other puzzle action adventure games you think are good alternatives for either 2D or old school 3D Zeldas you like to recommend?

nintendo_nx_reveal-600x365.jpg

Heads up, I'm working on the audio uploads for Apple and Spotify, running into some issues but hoping to have those shortly.

Edit: Spotify is up! Apple too!

Last edited:
Thanks again for having me on. I was really grateful to give my thoughts on this game (and other various Zelda-related things). Zelda has always been one of my favorite gaming franchises of all time and getting to talk about it with Famiboards feels.... güd

Nice! Doesn't show up yet in my podcast app but hopefully shortly!
We published our first episode through RSS, but apparently the first episode is free to upload while subsequent ones are not. As a result, the podcast will only be available on YouTube, Spotify, and Apple until we figure something else out.

We published our first episode through RSS, but apparently the first episode is free to upload while subsequent ones are not. As a result, the podcast will only be available on YouTube, Spotify, and Apple until we figure something else out.
Ah ok! Good to know because my app is indeed RSS based. Will check it through YT then :)

Ayyy thanks for answering my question!!

@Irene: I am also a Hateno stan!! It was my favorite town in BotW and was the place I was most looking forward to revisiting.

@WestEgg: totally agree with what you're saying about the caves, I loved the added layer they gave to exploring, especially getting to the end of a cave, Ascending through, and being surprised where I would pop up.

@bellydrum: Faron was one of the areas in BotW that I felt shoulda had some story and a Divine Beast of its own, so I love how they gave it a prominent place in the progression of TotK.

It wasn't really intentional, but pretty cool that this ended up coming out on the three month anniversary of Tears of the Kingdom's release.

Great discussion to have playing along my morning, guys. Loving all the TotK love. @Irene Definitely agree on the algorithm thing, my various online feeds are still chock full of Ultrahand madness. And @WestEgg yesss the caves are hands down the best addition to Hyrule.

isn’t it “lex-uh-knee”? like “polyphony” but with “lex” instead of the “polyph”

Anyway, I’m sure this episode was a banger! I didn’t play much of TotK, so I’ll hold off on listening to this one. But still! Great job pals.
Yeah probably

I dropped TOTK 15 hours in. Just wasn’t any fun for me. Probably will skip the episode as I might go back one day and finish it.

And since I never bother looking up anything Zelda cause I didn’t care enough about the game. I never really been recommended anything Zelda on YouTube for a long while now lol. I might’ve jinxed it tho.

isn’t it “lex-uh-knee”? like “polyphony” but with “lex” instead of the “polyph”
I think my idea was to combine my name Alex and a word like symphony, cacophony or whatever. So yeah you‘re correct. Though never really thought about how it would sound someone saying it out loud.

If available I sometimes like to use usernames like lexon, lexion or lexonid though.

While I know lexony is kinda strange, I‘m mostly fine with my username. I think any username sounds kinda weird when using it in RL. Especially the ones that are not real words. We use Discord in our Uni and at the first day one of our teachers dissed all our usernames even though he himself has a super cringe one involving the word ass (I wish I could share it), so I will at least always feel morally superior to them.

Last edited:
I think my idea was to combine my name Alex and a word like symphony, cacophony or whatever. So yeah you‘re correct. Though never really thought about how it would sound someone saying it out loud.

If available I sometimes like to use usernames like lexon, lexion or lexonid though.

While I know lexony is kinda strange, I‘m mostly fine with my username. I think any username sounds kinda weird when using it in RL. Especially the ones that are not real words. We use Discord in our Uni and at the first day one of our teachers dissed all our usernames even though he himself has a super cringe one involving the word ass (I wish I could share it), so I will at least always feel morally superior to them.
It's a cool username.
the ass one, I mean /jk

Finally got around to listening, great stuff all! Nice to hear some voices to match to usernames, and a good way to cap off TOTK season (well, for some it’s still going)!

Hey everyone! We’re going to be recording a new episode this weekend and need your community questions! This next episode is going to be more of a round up, with us planning to talk a bit about Charles Martinet, predictions for a September Direct, and some other topics. If there’s anything in general you’d like to hear from us about, just let us know!

hmmm. First question. Practical one too. Money is important. So is hobby.

Buying games, be it digitally or physically, can add up to a pretty penny in the long run.
So what are your strategies/advice for maintaining a financially responsible gaming hobby?

Personally, I try to get everything on the secondhand market. I think the only first-hand, day 1 game I bought this year was TOTK.

Questions time!

- What’s your favorite single Mario/Martinet voice line or bit? BONUS FUN: What completely terrible/hilarious celebrity or voice actor would you pick to be the next Mario voice?

- This one’s a bit cliche, but: For the September Direct, what’s one thing you really want that’s reasonably possible, and what’s one thing you really want that’s never happening in a million years?

In honor of Baldur’s Gate 3: what job class did you pick? Or which job class would you pick if you had to go on a medieval fantasy adventure?

And in honor of Pikmin 4: if you could get 100 of any Pikmin to help you with daily life, which would you pick?

I'm looking forward to the next episode! I'm already catched up everything!

As for questions.. well.. how are you all feeling about Donkey Kong's future plans this late on the Switch's life? Do you trust the EPD rumors? Any hopes of what the game could be?

Personally speaking, I'm still counting on it, and to be released on our current Switch.. maybe cross-gen at best; And I'm also hoping it to be a traditional 2D platformer with scope similar or bigger to Tropical Freeze; And of course, I strictly want the Kremlings back as the main antagonist force;

Hey folks, just a heads up, we were intending to record today, but ran into some technical issues and will likely push back a week. Thanks for your patience!

Me debugging my tech problems for the podcast, realizing that my headset was set to mute:

On the plus side, this means that we were able to record the episode today! I'm excited for you all to hear it.

Just dropping by to say this has joined my 'cooking and doing the washing up' podcast rotation. Great work all round, and the intro theme is so good.

Back
Top Bottom