• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Famiboards Discussion Club |ST| A Community Podcast, Directly to You! (Audio Editor Wanted!)

Nice! Will give it a listen tomorrow! Still bummed there is no RSS so my app gets updated :(

I come back to Famiboards to discover this.

A surprise, but a welcome one, to be sure.

Last edited:
I like how our “safe bet” predictions for the September direct, Mario Wonder and TotK DLC may have already been taken off the board.

Hey everyone! We’re going to be recording a new episode on Sunday, if you would like to have a question discussed in the next episode, either about the direct or anything in general, please post it here!

In Princess Peach Showtime, what outfit (and associated gameplay mechanics) do you want Princess Peach to wear?

Question: Hey y'all, long time listener, first time asker. What game(s) do you think the Switch 2 will launch with, and what game(s) are you looking forward to the most that can exist thanks to the Switch 2's power?

I never said so but thanks for answering my questions last time! It was fun :).

Questions:

- What was your favorite part of the Direct/favorite announcement? What stood out the most?

- What do you think this Direct means for the future of the Switch? With the successor on the horizon do you think this was the last Switch-era Direct, or will there be one more?

Nintendo seemingly has another hit in their hand with F-Zero 99. Is there another franchise that you would like to see Nintendo turn into a battle royale?

Yay! Looking forward to the no doubt thirty minute long discussion of the SaGa Emerald Beyond reveal at the Direct.

5ffmgj.png

A bit late listening but three things:
  • @VolcanicDynamo, thank you for saying "Fur-K" because that's exactly what I wanted to say
  • @Irene, hell yes to Star Fox 99!!!
  • @WestEgg please find a way to start playing Skies of Arcadia so we can get that on Switch 🙏

how do i get to the pokemon
Talk to the local Pokémon professor in your town. They should give you a starter of your very own. Sometimes you might have to wonder out into tall grass before they show up if the lab is empty.

Hey folks, we’re looking to record a new episode this weekend. Hit us up with any questions you’d like to hear discussed! The main topic will be Mario Wonder, but feel free to ask whatever!

Hey folks, we’re looking to record a new episode this weekend. Hit us up with any questions you’d like to hear discussed! The main topic will be Mario Wonder, but feel free to ask whatever!
Since I assume Famiboards' Resident Mario Superfan will be there, I have a question for VolcanicDynamo: what's your favorite emerald power in Sonic Superstars? 😉

Question for all: with the amount of wild ideas on display in Wonder, where could the 2D Mario series even go from here? Do yall see the Wonder Seed level-morphing idea being the baseline concept for new 2D entries going forward, or is there some new innovation waiting around the corner?

I’m not sure how spoiler-y you want to get with the podcast, but I’ll go ahead and ask: what is your favorite Wonder Effect?

Alternatively if you don’t want to spoil too much, the question is: have you tried playing through the levels without the Wonder Effect? If so, overall, do you prefer the levels with or without them?

Thank you for answering my question! I’m a bit torn on what my favorite Wonder Effect would be, but I’d say I’m also partial to the ones that tturn levels into musicals. I know you guys didn’t discuss the worlds after 4, so I’ll go ahead and give my support to the Wonder Effect where you turn into a ball of goo! Major Odyssey capture vibes. Super Mario Wonder is amazing.

Also: those are some damn good Wowie-zowies!

Me listening to the way @WestEgg teed up my question for @VolcanicDynamo :
FUdsl5LUUAAQqVX.jpg:small

Also Volc I actually agree. The fireball dash seemed to be the only really useful one, and while I did start dabbling more with the others on my second and third playthroughs, they did mostly feel like a half-baked implementation that I hope they improve on next time.

Excellent segue after that, too. 🤣

Also, I was listening to this in my car so basically surrounded by speakers and totally immersed in the sound, so those wowie-zowies caused me to transcend to a different plane of existence for a second, bravo

Good stuff, love the wowie-zowies! I know you don’t get it until quite late in the game, but my favorite badge is definitely the midair spin jump. Just so much flexibility and added height you can get.

Hey folks, we are going to be recording a new episode this weekend, this one discussing our game awards predictions, and thoughts on the Legend of Zelda movie announcement. Let us know any questions you would like us to discuss!

Regarding the Zelda movie:

Would yall prefer it be an adaptation of one of the games (like Ocarina of Time: The Movie or something) or be treated as essentially a new standalone entry in the Zelda series?

Followup question: if it's a new standalone entry, which timeline would you hope it takes place on?
*runs away and hides*

I'm just itching to know if y'all think Tingle will be featured in the Zelda movie, and whom they should cast for the role.

I'm just itching to know if y'all think Tingle will be featured in the Zelda movie, and whom they should cast for the role.

Couple of years ago, i would've said Gilbert Gottfried ... but ... yeah that sadly isn't possible anymore.

So i go with Timothée Chalamet.

Hey folks, just a scheduling note, but due to an availability issue we’re pushing recording to next weekend. This likely means we’ll swap out our TGA predictions with reactions, but otherwise it shouldn’t be too much of a change.

Hey everyone, just a reminder that we are recording tomorrow, and since it is now post TGA, feel free to ask questions regarding the show now that it has occurred. We'll still also be discussing The Legend of Zelda live action film news as well.

Hey everyone, just a reminder that we are recording tomorrow, and since it is now post TGA, feel free to ask questions regarding the show now that it has occurred. We'll still also be discussing The Legend of Zelda live action film news as well.
Do you think there's a reason for why they got rid of Charles Martinet other than that he got too old for the job?

I feel like there's another reason we don't know about...

Do you think there's a reason for why they got rid of Charles Martinet other than that he got too old for the job?

I feel like there's another reason we don't know about...
We’ve already recorded the next episode and we discussed the Martinet retirement in an earlier episode. But it’s something I’m not really too conspiratorial about, and unless Martinet provides an alternative reason, I don’t really care to speculate further.

Look mom, my question was discussed in Famiboards Discussion Club!

Danny DeVito will be cast as Tingle, I guarantee it.

Heartily agreed that giving more time to trailers and Kojima’s OD at the expense of the actual developers celebrating their achievements was a big no-go. TGAs better shape up for next year.

Oh and I don’t think I’ve mentioned this before, but thank you so much for the time stamps! Rare for me to finish a podcast in one go, so having it divided into sections makes it easier for me to finish the whole thing.

Noticed a bleep in this episode during the Josef Fares mention, low-profile, non-intrusive, well done, but, if a bleep is ever needed in the future, might I suggest the NES Mario coin sound 😁

Also I appreciate yall taking my joke followup question so sincerely 🤣

Question for next episode:

If you had $2000 and could only choose one company, What video game related company would you invest in?

Bonus: I will evaluate your selections after you make them so think carefully!

I know the event is going on on the site right now and we just awarded the most anticipated game of 2024, but I’d love a full podcast just about games you’re looking forward to in 2024. Maybe along with general “Switch 2 in 2024 when?” discussion and such? If that would warrant a full podcast! I just always enjoy “here’s a look at the year ahead” type shows.

I know the event is going on on the site right now and we just awarded the most anticipated game of 2024, but I’d love a full podcast just about games you’re looking forward to in 2024. Maybe along with general “Switch 2 in 2024 when?” discussion and such? If that would warrant a full podcast! I just always enjoy “here’s a look at the year ahead” type shows.
oooooh actually yeah, the post-TGA podcast gave them a chance to talk about the games they loved from 2023, so a "looking ahead to 2024" would be a great followup!
plus I think one of my most anticipated would line up with one of Volc's most anticipated sooooo 😏

Hey folks, we’re recording a new episode this weekend, discussing our own 2023 Games of the Year, and our predictions for Nintendo in 2024. Feel free to give us any questions you like!

Question for VolcanicDynamo: what's the game you're most excited about playing in 2024 and why is it Penny's Big Breakaway?

Questions for the gang. I just wanted to ask how everyone is doing these days?

Also, any particular remaster or remake you want from Nintendo this year?

New resolutions for 2024. Specifically, what are your 2024 aspirations for Famiboards?

Episode 07- Our Favorite Games of 2023 and Looking Ahead to 2024

Back
Top Bottom