• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dardan Sandiego

Dill Spowser's Nephew
Pronouns
he/him
7cNHhNZ.jpg

To get the most important thing out of the way, I want to thank @Derachi for the title. Initially, I thought I came up with it myself but I was mistaken. In a twist befitting this thread's namesake, it was actually our recently converted Firehouse Enjoyer who posted those very words in the previous ST. Even though I unraveled his devious plot to Inception-ate me, I was not strong enough to resist his bidding. Thus, the title and banner combination.

Most of my creative juices were spent on that so I will try to keep the rest as concise as possible. I suspect some of you still might have some questions about these threads (We've only had like a zillion of them) or Dardan Sandiego's Code of Better Posting and Gaming.

What is this thread for?

everything-annie-edison.gif

It's written as "Nintendo General Discussion" but the "Nintendo" is actually silent. Sure, we often talk about games made in the Nintendo region of Japan but these threads have become a one stop place to shoot the breeze with fellow humans of the gamer variety. Food, family, animals, politics. If you can think it, feel free to post it here. Just make sure it's Safe For Work because some of us actually frequent this thread in professional settings or in the presence of impressionable minds. My cats don't need to see you be horny on fami.

What happens next?

giphy.gif

Unlike my predecessor, I have no grand plan for this thread because February 2022 is the most Nintendo month of them all: We are getting their financial report on the 3rd and potentially a Direct on the 9th but no new game releases (barring a shadow drop). At least we have ancient games like Pokémon Legends Arceus which was released last year on the 59th of December (or 28th of February: Origins, if you live in the US). Occasionally I will come up with a poll but it would be disrespectful towards Nintendo to do something elaborate. Please look forward to The Sequel to Nintendo General Discussion ST5 (TBA). In the meantime, here's some interesting looking games and other stuff that might be relevant to Switch owners:

1 Feb - Yacht Club Games Presents in which they announced their new game Mina the Hollower
3 Feb - Nintendo Nine Months (April 21 - December 21) Earning Release for the Fiscal Year Ending March 2022

3 Feb - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
4 Feb - Maglam Lord
8 Feb - OlliOlli World
9 Feb - Nintendo Direct
10 Feb - Inua - A Story in Ice and Time
10 Feb - Powerslave: Exhumed
10 Feb - Egglia Rebirth
14 Feb - Infernax
15 Feb - Dynasty Warriors 9: Empires
17 Feb - All Aksys
18-19 Feb - Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour

25 Feb - Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream
25 Feb - Monark
26 Feb - Digimon Con
27 Feb - Pokémon Day

While you can obviously talk about any upcoming Directs in here, Raccoon's thread might be better suited for it. If we actually get one this month, post-Direct discussions will probably take place in here. Unless someone has different plans, that is.

What is "Dardan Sandiego's Code of Better Posting and Gaming"?

tumblr_lzwm2hkmgx1qhkwbs-1.gif

People ask me about this all. of. the. time. In short, I tried to codify the essence of the Famiboards experience (shitposting + playing games) in a way that can easily be remembered by everyone. We are obviously humans and not machines so it's unreasonable to expect all of us to follow this to the letter. Just keep it in the back of your head. Treat it as a handy guide to improve your experience when posting on here or when you want to play games. When in doubt, refer to the co(u)de!

Xenophobia sucks. Same goes for any kind of discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation etc. such as homophobia, transphobia, racism and so on. Keep in mind that people of many different walks of life frequent this board. They should all feel welcome and safe.
Every poster has something valuable to contribute. Don't shut people down or make them feel like they shouldn't express their opinions. If you disagree with a fellow member, do so respectfully. Don't automatically expect the worst of people because of a difference in opinion.
Not every discussion or disagreement has to end in a fight. Famiboards was in part founded because many of us wanted to discuss games but were tired of the constant bickering and tribalism. If you approach a discussion with the intent to "win" it, we all lose.
Old games are awesome. We all* love playing and especially talking about new games but did you know that the first video game was made in 43 BR (Before Raccoon)? Many of my favourite games I played years after their release, removed from all the hype and expectations. If you can't find anything new to play, it never hurts to look at the classics.
Be kind. Before you reply to someone, think about whether your post could be hurtful. The last two years have been rough on everyone and it's not like life before that was much easier. You never know how an unpleasant experience on Famiboards can affect someone in real life. Because after all...
Look, it's just games. Most of us are here because we are (or were) passionate about them. How you engage with this hobby is up to you but sometimes it's better to disengage from certain aspects, series or companies if they only evoke negative feelings.
A Wavebird in the hand is worth two in a green cloud is what my grandpa used to say. Don’t get swept up in hype and FOMO and buy games just because other people are playing them. There are so many great games and our time on this space dirtball is limited, it'd be a shame to waste it on things that you might not even enjoy.
Don't bait. Everyone enjoys a little bit of banter and it's very tempting to let our lizard brain take over to get those sweet notifications. But I promise you, getting Yeah!s for funny or wholesome stuff is even better. If you wrote something just to provoke a negative reaction, maybe it's better to not post it at all.
Eat Fresh! This needs no further elaboration.

And finally...

I'd like to extend a heartfelt thanks to all the OPs that came before me, the ones that carried this immeasurable burden from the very first Direct Speculation thread on Era to the new General Discussion STs on Fami. I will always strive to honour your legacy...

kMYZXbY.jpg

(please don't read anything into the order some of you made several OTs and I didn't know where to put you)

Previous Famiboards threads:
Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021| - mazi
Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or… - Derachi
Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes - Suswave
Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections - Skittzo

Last edited:
This thread will be the “is the Direct announced already” zone and when it is announced Team February will simply smile

Yo this ST made me laugh out loud multiple times

The rules acronym

The Annie gif (from season 6, no less)

And the part for which I even got up to show my spouse, the OP Avatar tribute. Bravo @Dardan Sandiego

Happy to finally be in the ST where we see a new direct with Xenoblade 3

Just ordered a 10:30 AM Firehouse subs sandwich to honor this ST

Hell yeah, February. This will be the month where DK will make his brilliant comeback. In 2D. In hand-drawn 2D.

Also @Dardan Sandiego you forgot Assassin's Creed Ezio in the releases of the month list. But then again nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

I hate this thread title with every fiber of my being 😡😡😡

Direct announcement Feb 8th, lock it!

Had a solid laugh out of the OP, well done. And best wishes to anyone celebrating Lunar New Year!

Nintendo should immediately launch F Zero X on NSO in honour of this thread starting on January 31st, or February 0th.

Awesome ST, @Dardan Sandiego!!

* sees the highlighted letters in the Code of Better Posting *
Ck3j1ZO.gif

That last image is already iconic, bravo
Because it uses every OP's icon, I see what you did there.

Also, bringing this over from the last thread because I had it queued up but was (ironically) too slow:

Is the whole country cold right now? I feel like everyone I talk to from different states it’s like freezing. Even in Florida it’s really really cold right now.
LOL no, I'm sweating bullets. Winter didn't even come to California this year, barely at all last year. I think cold is over for my neck of the woods. I'm terrified for what June/July brings.

Nintendo has no software planned for February besides a ROM of a 22 year old game.

I think this is it. Nintendo is finally doomed!

All these endgame quotes yet I'm the one who posted a Tony Stark quote last night. Am I a precog?? 🤔

remember when Nintendo retweeted the announcement that The Show was going multiplatform? there were actually people saying it didn't mean anything
Everyone can be correct since this that was about last years version I think. But no one should have doubted they were getting one of these game eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom