• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Nintendo-Holiday2012.jpg

❄️Happy Holidays!❄️

Hi everybody! Welcome to the Nintendo General Discussion ST for December. I’m your friendly resident red monster, and I’ll be your host for this fine thread. I’m not much one for fancy graphics or making GIFs, and I’m not especially witty or funny, or cool, but I have passion for this community and for Nintendo, and I can type on a keyboard, so here we go!

December is upon us. It’s the holidays! A time for friends, family, jingle bells, gift-giving, and video games. As we look forward to 2023 and all the excitement the year will bring (Tears of the Kingdom! New Nintendo hardware! My second child will be born!), we can use this time to look back and reflect on the year 2022 - on the games that came out that might get added to your list of all-time favorites, or maybe even some that came out and let you down, on the biggest news stories that rocked the video game world, and we can also reflect on our own little community here at Famiboards, where 2022 marks our first full calendar year.
❄️What is this thread for?❄️

This is our home base. A place for us to talk about the latest Nintendo releases, news, and gossip. Where we can speculate about Nintendo’s 2023 (don’t worry, I expect a new Direct Speculation thread will be here sooner rather than later. Expect to hear about that sometime this month maybe!). But don’t feel limited to just Nintendo stuff! You can talk about just about anything here. Video game development, other consoles, retro stuff, and even non-video game talk is more than welcome in this thread. So kick back and relax, grab a mug of eggnog or whatever, and enjoy the holidays with us!

nintendochristmas.jpg

❄️Notable Switch Games in December❄️
  • Inscryption (December 1)
  • Railbound (December 1)
  • Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered (December 1)
  • Resident Evil Village: Winter’s Expansion – Cloud Version (December 2)
  • Super Kiwi 64 (December 2)
  • Dragon Quest Treasures (December 9)
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 Reunion (December 13)
  • Resident Evil 7 – Cloud Version (December 16)
  • Sports Story (December TBA)
d1e3747f5e0acf34157017a1868f8520.png

❄️Previous General STs❄️

|ST Oct. 2021| by @mazi
|ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or… by @Derachi
|ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes by @Suswave
|ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections by @Skittzo
|ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3 by @Dardan Sandiego
|ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode by @EvilChameleon
|ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel by @EvilChameleon
|ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8 by @Barely Able
|ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer! by @Irene
|ST10 July 2022| Julyve A Live by @Plum
|ST11 August 2022| Everybody’s 11-12 Discussion Thread by @Legion of Primes
|ST12 September 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03 by @xghost777
|ST13 Oct. 2022| Our First Famiversary! by @hologram
|ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear by @bellydrum

e0c75c62bab24cf1a6efaa04c01a4045.gif

Before I let you run wild, I’ll leave you with a question you can answer at your leisure:​

What is your favorite holiday memory? It can be a particularly awesome gift you got as a kid, that time you got a standing ovation at the holiday program at school, the best holiday dinner ever you ever had, or maybe that time you took your kids to drop off their letters to Santa. No matter what holiday you celebrate, please feel free to share with us!

tumblr-oivbh0-Dg-ED1rrftcdo1-400.gif

That's all I got! Happy Holidays everyone. Be sure to behave so you don't wake up to lumps of coal in your stockings.

List of Upcoming General Discussion ST claims

ST16 January 2023 @chocolate_supra
ST17 February 2023 @SammyJ9
ST18 March 2023 @Brofield
ST19 April 2023 @Josh5890
ST20 May 2023 unclaimed
ST21 June 2023 unclaimed
ST22 July 2023 unclaimed
ST23 August 2023 unclaimed
ST24 September 2023 @Barely Able
ST25 October 2023 @VolcanicDynamo (or a month when a potential 3D Mario is announced)
ST26 November 2023 unclaimed
ST27 December 2023 unclaimed

Last edited:
Wow, two comfy threads in a row? Great ST!!!

My favorite holiday memories have to be those when I was a kid spent up in my grandparents cabin in Oregon, chopping wood with my grandpa, sitting by the fire, and staying in the kids trailer out in the woods playing SNES and eating snacks.

My favorite holiday memory was getting a laptop for Chanukah when I was young. I had to forfeit my other 7 days of gifts but it was hella worth it.

Great thread @Red Monster!

I’m also back with the festive jazz hits! I’ll be bring you a fun jazz tune every day until Christmas! Gotta start off with my main man Kenny G. You can’t have Christmas in Seattle without that soprano sax.

Holiday Jazz Day 0 - Kenny G “Winter Wonderland”

Edit: made this Day 0 since it’s still November for me. Why not get an extra jazz song in the thread?

Last edited:
My favorite holiday memory was getting a laptop for Chanukah when I was young. I had to forfeit my other 7 days of gifts but it was hella worth it.
Is that the same laptop you're now using to develop Magic of Mican? I'm sorry dude 😅❤️

Gotta start building the Christmas tunes playlist on Apple Music/Marvis tomorrow. Just gonna use the the XM Playlist website and grab everything Holly plays.

What is your favorite holiday memory? It can be a particularly awesome gift you got as a kid, that time you got a standing ovation at the holiday program at school, the best holiday dinner ever you ever had, or maybe that time you took your kids to drop off their letters to Santa. No matter what holiday you celebrate, please feel free to share with us!

tumblr-oivbh0-Dg-ED1rrftcdo1-400.gif

Plain and simple, my grandparents. I lost them all by high school and holidays are the time of year I feel closest to their memories!

Where we can speculate about Nintendo’s 2023 (don’t worry, I expect a new Direct Speculation thread will be here sooner rather than later. Expect to hear about that sometime this month maybe!).
I sort of called informal dibs on the next one and had it pencilled in for January 1. If there's demand sooner I could probably accommodate it but the New Year launch was the most exciting part of last year's thread and I think it's a great time to start.

Wow, two comfy threads in a row? Great ST!!!
It's so cozy in here!
Does this  grass thread ... does this thread feel like ... trousers?

Also prepare for the deluge of Famicoins now that you're the OP of the most active thread on the site lol
Prepare to be haunted by the spirit of a certain Wahrio as he stalks you to greedily scope out your newly ill-gotten gains.

I’m also back with the festive jazz hits! I’ll be bring you a fun jazz tune every day until Christmas! Gotta start off with my main man Kenny G. You can’t have Christmas in Seattle without that soprano sax.

Holiday Jazz Day 1 - Kenny G “Winter Wonderland”

Oh, yes. Bring on the tunes.

I expect y'all to race on Merry Mountain at least 20 times this month. No excuses.
... the wha?

Humbug.

I sort of called informal dibs on the next one and had it pencilled in for January 1. If there's demand sooner I could probably accommodate it but the New Year launch was the most exciting part of last year's thread and I think it's a great time to start.
As far as I know, January 1st is still the target date for the new thread, yeah.

January 1st is a great day for fresh beginnings all across the board!

It's cute that some of you are pretending that you're not going to watch The Game Awards. What else you gonna do that night? Play videogames? Spend time with loved ones? Please. You're all going to be posting on here and everyone here will be watching The Game Awards so you're going to watch to keep up with the conversation.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

It's cute that some of you are pretending that you're not going to watch The Game Awards. What else you gonna do that night? Play videogames? Spend time with loved ones? Please. You're all going to be posting on here and everyone here will be watching The Game Awards so you're going to watch to keep up with the conversation.

My breaking point was the steam deck giveaway unfortunately, earlier today

I will be watching while i shiny hunt

I was hoping there would be a Cavs game that night, but there's not. Shit.

My breaking point was the steam deck giveaway unfortunately, earlier today

I will be watching while i shiny hunt
Not even the chance to win a steam deck is enough to get me to pay attention to that show. The absolute most I’ll do is have it playing on my laptop off to the side while I play something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom