• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performing self-flagellation is a better way to pass the time than watching the Game Awards.

Just started my yearly RPG playthrough, this time it's Live A Live. I completed the Present Day chapter plus did some of the Prehistoric one and am happy to say I'm enjoying it so far.

The thread ended before I could respond, but while it’s not my favorite thing by any means fries in mayo can be pretty great @Magic-Man ! Garlic aioli is a lot better though.

… err, and hello new ST! Cozy.

Glad to be in the new thread with y'all. Had a minor dermatology operation this morning, spent most of the afternoon and early evening high off of painkillers, then I worked from about 5-10pm, then continued my Pentiment playthrough. The game continues to be a lowkey GOTY contender if you can appreciate its niche subject matter and gameplay mechanics.

December! The most boring month for game announcements

But at least there's some interesting games coming out. Not sure if I'll get it at launch but pretty interested in seeing how Sports Story turned out

December thread! Best month in my case as the office is pretty much dead, so I can relax.

Also we start the months having River City Girls 2, gonna put Tactics Ogre in waiting mode until the weekend

x4N9fDM.jpg

What kind of soup my dude
Panera broccoli cheddar, but I added rice because it was a bit too thin for my liking and also a bunch of crushed red pepper because I like for my food to hurt me

edit: oh and congratulations
athankya ❤️

aaayyyy it's the good doctor

I don’t think it’s possible to eat too much soup
I didn't think so either...

...until tonight
[Inception horn]

January is coming.
But this would imply it hasn't already been January all year long, and that we haven't stayed winning for the entire 365 days of this month

there’s no home for my urges
me before famiboards dot com

Cross-posting from the first-party thread: How have I seen ZERO talk about this Game Freak trademark?

Pocket Card Jockey 2 is coming.

December! This is probably my favorite time of the whole years to play Nintendo games. Hoping for some snow to.. long time since I saw snow stay for more than a day in December.

This is also why it absolutely sucks that Nintendo no longer releases EPD games during the holidays and basically it's all Pokémon and has been for the vast majority of Switch's lifespan. I just want a darn Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Captain Toad, Pikmin game in November/December as it gives me the best. Give it to me! Maybe next year..

But I will rectify this, by playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 - which I have not yet played despite buying it for full price back in 2010. Sorry about that.

Which leaves me with a follow up question for you fami: Which is the oldest game you bought close to launch or at full price that you have not yet played?
For me it's Super Mario Galaxy 2

If I remember correctly I did buy the Red Mario Wii bundle in November 2010, with Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros Wii. For reasons I dont know, I 100% both DKC and New Super Mario Bros and didnt start MG2 and then we moved to a new place and the Wii never got back up.

Oh sweet, it's December! Oh shit, how is the year almost over again?

I love this time of the year because I get to see friends I rarely see throughput the rest of the year, and because I get to spend more time with friends and family in general.

I hate this time of the year because of the sudden realisation that another year flew by, and way quicker than it should have.

What kind of soup my dude
What else but chocolate soup-ra

It's cute that some of you are pretending that you're not going to watch The Game Awards
I legitimately don’t even know when and what time it’s airing hahaha.

The game continues to be a lowkey GOTY contender if you can appreciate its niche subject matter and gameplay mechanics.
Give me a Switch port, I’ll play it

(oooor wait for a Steam sale as is custom for PC gamers)

What is your favorite holiday memory?
Japan trip with my girlfriend. Beautiful, beautiful place. And the food is amazing. I cannot stress that enough. The food is AMAZING.

That sweet december cool summer breeze.

Expecting a Goldeneye shadowdrop at the game awards next week.

Last edited:
Really thinking hard about opening a spreadsheet to help me tackle my backlog ahead of the holidays.

Unsure if I should include Xbox games since I'll be away from home and am not really a fan of the phone streaming experience.

@bellydrum much love to steering the November ST and making a comfy and cozy thread for all of us! 💜🧡

@Red Monster beautiful December ST and can't wait to park my butt by a fire while reading this thread with some hot cocoa 💚❤️

Fake edit: TORONTO IS GONNA SEE 20°C NEXT WEEK???

That is shorts and tanktop weather. So, climate change now has me all fucked up and worried for next summer 🫠

Real edit: Fukken BlogTO. Temperature will  swing ~20°C from -7°C to 11°C. So jeans and a t-shirt weather and I'm not nearly as anxious...but yeah going that wild a swing in temperature is probably not good either, no matter how short lived

Whoa it's already december! Great new chill thread!
The Splatoon new season went live so I know what I'll be playing until FE Engage comes out next month!

Since everyone is feeling festive, what is ya'lls favorite christmas time movie? If I had to pick one myself, it would be Klaus!

Cross-posting from the first-party thread: How have I seen ZERO talk about this Game Freak trademark?

Pocket Card Jockey 2 is coming.

Yes please! One of the absolute best games on 3DS. Hope this is undead for a second game. I guess the only issue would be the interface. Stylus control worked so well on the 3DS. I imagine TV mode would be more difficult to play at a quick pace.

Whoa it's already december! Great new chill thread!
The Splatoon new season went live so I know what I'll be playing until FE Engage comes out next month!

Since everyone is feeling festive, what is ya'lls favorite christmas time movie? If I had to pick one myself, it would be Klaus!

Kids friendly: National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and Jingle All The Way

Not-kids-friendy: Santa's Slay

E: And at least going by the trailers, Violent Night might be added to the Not-kids-friendly list soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom