• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uffff that price. I bought my first CE in Engage (for 90$ ) thinking it was high but this seems a bit much

Whaling: it's not just for F2P games!

That's approx. 5x more than the cost of the standard. Not sure what the production costs are on this but I imagine every single CE they sell is equivalent to at least 2-3 standard editions. So I guess that's one way to turn a profit in the face of a platform that's struggling.

some more, non-full-priced software similar to what you'd see on the DS and see how it does. Maybe eShop-exclusive?
When was the last time Nintendo published something like that anyway? I think it was Cadence of Hyrule?

Nintendo is going to announce the remakes by the end of the month just to spite me
Thank you for your sacrifice

in case you couldn't enough strategy RPGs
sigh I’ll add it to the list

Welp

One of the last friends I had left after I basically jettisoned most of my social circle for being Qanon types, a friend I usually agree with on most things and never feel like I have to watch what I say around him, just took Musk and Chappelle's side of the debacle from last night and said he's sick of cancel culture.

I feel like I'm gonna fuckin puke.

Welp

One of the last friends I had left after I basically jettisoned most of my social circle for being Qanon types, a friend I usually agree with on most things and never feel like I have to watch what I say around him, just took Musk and Chappelle's side of the debacle from last night and said he's sick of cancel culture.

I feel like I'm gonna fuckin puke.
Sorry man, I can't imagine that feeling of losing people you care about to that hateful nonsense.

We're here for you, for whatever that's worth.

That's approx. 5x more than the cost of the standard. Not sure what the production costs are on this but I imagine every single CE they sell is equivalent to at least 2-3 standard editions. So I guess that's one way to turn a profit in the face of a platform that's struggling.
That is definitety one way to profit. Also since figures are now more popular they seems to be capitalizing on that.

Sorry man, I can't imagine that feeling of losing people you care about to that hateful nonsense.

We're here for you, for whatever that's worth.
Appreciates it, bud.
And:
4but8zp2b7131.jpg

Holiday Jazz Day 12: “We Three Kings” Nick Colionne

Such a fun version of this song. Love the rhythm in the song and the electric guitar playing. Super funky and puts me in a happy mood. Smooth jazz guitar played in a soulful style and Christmas songs work so well together.

Also want to add that he was a music instructor for elementary and junior high students which is really cool. Need to make sure arts and music are promoted at an early age.

does anyone else's father randomly put cowboy bebop on the tv and then leaves the room
Yeah, sometimes when my dad is browsing tv and comes across Pokémon he'll put it on and leave to do something else lol. I think it's a habit he picked up when me and my sister were kids and he would always put it on while we ate breakfast before school.

I replayed both Sin and Punishment and Sin and Punishment Star Successor in the last 48 hours. Both are awesome games and the sequel is a masterpiece. Just an immaculate, wonderful challenge, with a parade of amazing bosses.

I really hope Nintendo brings IR back in some way for Switch and Switch 2. There’s a handful of Wii games that really need it or at least would benefit when gyro alone just can’t cut it that I’d love to see make a return. I’m sure it will happen someday, but I hope that day is sooner rather than later.

Playing Portal for the first time after getting it on the sale, and my mind is blown. Awesome game.

But I'm apparently near the end after like 2 hours playing? No wonder the collection was so cheap.

Playing Portal for the first time after getting it on the sale, and my mind is blown. Awesome game.

But I'm apparently near the end after like 2 hours playing? No wonder the collection was so cheap.
Yeah, the first Portal was originally bundled in the Orange Box and later released separately for $20. Its sequel is much longer though, at least twice as long if you're just doing the single player and then you also got the co-op mode.

Yeah, the first Portal was originally bundled in the Orange Box and later released separately for $20. Its sequel is much longer though, at least twice as long if you're just doing the single player and then you also got the co-op mode.
I think P2’s campaign took me like 6-8 hours to clear so that tracks. The co-op is incredible, do not skip it.

Ooph, the Portal collection is on my eShop list. Haven't played the original since 2008 and never played the sequel.

Stupid Pile of Shame and stupid potential Game Pass subscription.

Happy Crisis Core release date Fami! I won't be able to play until late tonight/sometime tomorrow. So excited to play for the first time.

9 Bayonetta games sounds amazing but Platinum just created the best slasher side character in history (sorry Vergil). Can some of those 9 games be Viola sub-series?

Beat Deus Ex GO last night, was really good (and I'm happy I only had to look up solutions for like 10% of the levels). It's a shame they delisted it. I'm assuming they didn't have the time/resources to nuke the community level stuff so the game could work once they pull the plug on the servers.

Tonight is looking like either a Splatoon 3 or Mario Kart 8 palette cleanser before I dive into Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. Doubt I'll finish it before holiday traveling but I'm glad I'm finally taking a whack at it.

They have to wait until they pick a new Bond actor so that they can patch his face into the game!

9 Bayonetta games sounds amazing but Platinum just created the best slasher side character in history (sorry Vergil). Can some of those 9 games be Viola sub-series?
She’s basically Travis Touchdown if he was a woman and I love her.

Anyway, I’ve had what I hope is just a cold for the past couple days. It’s mostly just a sore throat and a sneeze. I’m not feeling exhaustion or feverish or anything.

Famiboards GOTY 2022 Event
Hey all.

As the year is wrapping up, I would like to make an announcement on behalf of all of us on staff. Coming up on January 1st, and running to January 31st, we will host the Famiboards Game of the Year 2022 Celebration!

We will kick things off with a thread for nominations and votes, culminating in a results thread at the end of the month. It will be a fun fest where we nominate favourites, vote for said favourites, and wait with anticipation as votes gets counted and winners gets crowned.

But that’s not all! On December 21st, running to January 1st, we will host a precursory event of sorts, for the category Most Anticipated Game. It will have a separate process of nomination, voting and results for that category alone.

More details will follow soon. Stay tuned, and get hyped!

Wait. Crisis Core release date was today?

What.

I got my copy deliver on Friday the 9th. First time I get a game early and I didn’t even notice. Haven’t even played it since I had to cover a few night shifts and worked 12 hour days.

I want a do over. Get me Fire Emblem Engage early please 🥲

It’s so weird. I have to imagine the thing they’re held up on is like, co-ordinating a simultaneous release with Xbox? But I can’t imagine that’s actually that tough.
Feels like it would have been common sense where companies that would have had presence together on the same stage would debut their shared game together, but then I guess MS was all but absent so 🤷‍♂️

I still want to maintain hope we'll get a new game by Friday this week, but if not it'll be extremely unfortunate we have to wait until mid-January for a new N64 NSO title, around 80 days since the Mario Party 1+2 drop

Feels like it would have been common sense where companies that would have had presence together on the same stage would debut their shared game together, but then I guess MS was all but absent so 🤷‍♂️
Not that I wanna be over here siding with lawyers or anything but Dougie B and Philly Spence on stage at the Game Awards holding hands being like “look, we worked together on this wonderful, symbiotic deal! Hey FTC, look how well we get along” would have maybe helped their “getting sued by the FTC” thing

Engage is on the 20th. They're unlikely to do much the first week of the month because everyone is still recovering from the winter holiday period that week. Second week of the month I guess is possible but that's going to be coming in really close to Engage and they don't really want Engage marketing getting drowned out by all the "WHAT DID THAT TOTK TRAILER MEAN" stuff that'll inevitably happen.

"Two weeks after the last major release" pattern I think still holds. And for all intents and purposes having a Direct in early February isn't going to really hurt anything if Wikipedia's list of 2023 releases is anything to go by: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_in_video_games#January–March

This is funny to me because Mass Effect is 100x worse on this front at least in terms of the sheer size of their codex. Although that has narration by Neil Ross so maybe it gets a pass from people 🤔

I actually enjoyed the rhythm of going into XIII's codex and reading the details on stuff after each major story beat. But I'm a weirdo who also likes doing it in things like Kingdom Hearts, Legend of Mana, and Diablo II.

Yea, the cast was alright but nothing amazing. I still maintain that Snow was intentionally setup to be a pastiche of typical JRPG protagonists. Vanille was fine, just the VA was a little OTT. I've come around on Hope who is dealing with some pretty heavy stuff overall and probably could've done with better VA.
Hey, I’m one of the people who thinks Mass Effect is just okay, but apparantly I’m a weirdo.

Hope gets somewhat better at the end of the game, but that doesn’t make up for the other nonsense haha.

Engage is on the 20th. They're unlikely to do much the first week of the month because everyone is still recovering from the winter holiday period that week. Second week of the month I guess is possible but that's going to be coming in really close to Engage and they don't really want Engage marketing getting drowned out by all the "WHAT DID THAT TOTK TRAILER MEAN" stuff that'll inevitably happen.

"Two weeks after the last major release" pattern I think still holds. And for all intents and purposes having a Direct in early February isn't going to really hurt anything if Wikipedia's list of 2023 releases is anything to go by: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_in_video_games#January–March

This is funny to me because Mass Effect is 100x worse on this front at least in terms of the sheer size of their codex. Although that has narration by Neil Ross so maybe it gets a pass from people 🤔

I actually enjoyed the rhythm of going into XIII's codex and reading the details on stuff after each major story beat. But I'm a weirdo who also likes doing it in things like Kingdom Hearts, Legend of Mana, and Diablo II.

Yea, the cast was alright but nothing amazing. I still maintain that Snow was intentionally setup to be a pastiche of typical JRPG protagonists. Vanille was fine, just the VA was a little OTT. I've come around on Hope who is dealing with some pretty heavy stuff overall and probably could've done with better VA.
For me the problem with Vanille was the over-the-top voice acting, communicating through a series of squeaks and outbursts, combined with the ludicrous way she was animated to run and emote. But then I felt the same about various cut scenes with Tifa/Aerith in the FFVII remake. That kind of cartoony stuff you’d normally see on kids just looked a bit silly with adult characters in those art styles to me, maybe.

Had to call out sick today. My mental health is crashing bad which is having physical backlash. Thank goodness my mom is visiting this week. That’ll help a bit.

I just love hanging out at the airport in the snow, it's SO much fun.

/s

Now if only I had some kind of portable game device that I can play without a TV while out in the open waiting on a plane. If only such a thing existed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom