• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChameleon

Rockenberg Enthusiast
Pronouns
he/him
Before we begin, I feel it is imperative to start this thread by linking to the Resource Hub For Supporting Ukraine thread, so kindly started by @bellydrum over in The Roost. Every little bit helps! And with that being said, let's start the show!

Starter-Header.png

Here it comes! From the Treehouse Studios on Famiboards, it's the fabulous 31 day Nintendo General Discussion thread for the month of March!
Everybody, come on down! You are the first 2,400+ contestants on the March Nintendo General Discussion thread!
And now, here's your host: EvilChameleon!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and welcome to the 6th monthly Nintendo General Discussion thread on Famiboards, celebrating the entire month of March! And say hi to the five fine folks who hosted before me; @Dardan Sandiego, @Skittzo, @Suswave, @Derachi and @mazi!

We're going to have a lot of fun this month, and instead of starting with an item up for bids as there are far too many of you to host a bidding round, we're going to hop right into the first pricing game: Kirby Cover Up!

Kirby-Cover-Up-Game.png

The rules of this game are simple; we're looking for the release date of Kirby and the Forgotten Land (in American date format). To guess, simply cover up Kirby with the 1 or the 3, cover up Tiff with the 7, 2, or 1, and so on down the line until you have covered up all five Kirby-related images. Sounds tough (it's tougher when a car is on the line), but as long as you have at least one number right, you get to keep playing, so go ahead and make your first guess!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's this thread about?
Chatting Nintendo, chatting games, chatting life, and just generally having a good time while we pass the time until April.

What are the rules?
Have fun. Be kind. Hate is foolish, love is wise.

Will there be more pricing games? A showcase?
Absolutely! Kirby Cover Up is just the first of three pricing games I plan on filling this thread with during the month. I will post a second game on March 8th, a third game on the 15th, and a showcase on the 22nd. All for fun, of course, there are no real prizes up for grabs here. You can ignore them, play along, do whatever you'd like!

Notable March Releases For The Nintendo Switch
March 4th
- Triangle Strategy
March 10th - Chocobo GP
March 22nd - Rune Factory 5
March 25th - Kirby and the Forgotten Land (whoops, I gave away the answer to the pricing game!)

Previous Nintendo General Discussion STs
ST5 - Xenodelayed Chronicles 3
ST4 - Resurrections
ST3 - Topical Threes
ST2 - Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or...
ST1 - The Beginnings

Cross posting this from the old thread
So...anybody here ever have twins?

My wife is due in May and I'm just feeling like my gaming time is going to vanish. I know I'll still have some time when the babies are sleeping but yeah...I've been grappling with that recently. Any tips from people who have had twins or just newborns in general? My days of online multiplayer are probably done and some of the longer games that I love, like Zelda, are starting to look pretty daunting because of how long they're going to take for me to play.
My friend had triplets last year and he games way more than I do. He put 80 hours into Arceus since launch.

I had my first kid last year, and yeah, my gaming time took a hit in the beginning. But we settled into a rhythm, and I’m pretty much back to gaming as much as I did before he was born. You’ll figure it out.

Congrats on the twins!

Oh the Kirby month! This month we be eating. And I mean that. Cars, vending machines and lightbulbs...

That new thread feel. Also what about those of us who don’t like Pokémon, why is there no none option?

Nice thread! Stoked for Triangle Strategy, but probably won't end up picking it up for a while, just got too much to play already.

Hopefully this month is a lot less.... eventful. I want Kirby to be the only thing I'm forced to see on YouTube by the end of the month.

Obligatory fuck Putin

The Batman is getting good reviews. Got something to do next weekend at least.

Triangle Strategy coming soon. Passing on it but will finally get to hear that soundtrack fully.

Then month ends with the main event. Mouthful Mode

My March shopping list on Switch is gonna be pricey.

Triangle Strategy
.hack//G.U. Last Recode
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Kirby and the Forgotten Land

New ST hype!

With Triangle Strategy and Kirby this month looks to be a good one. Also, I'll be moving out from home for the first time so that's exciting/terrifying

Yooooooooooo Kiiiiiiiiiiiirbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

Hello new thread and happy Kirby month everyone!

In addition to triangle strategy and Kirby we've got...
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC lap 2 Wave 1 - March 18!
  • Mario Golf new monthly outfit (Shy Guy Colors) - live now!
  • N64 Monthly Game (Snap?) - TBD?
Anything else to look forward to?

Last edited:
Hello new thread and happy Kirby month everyone!

In addition to triangle strategy and Kirby we've got...
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC lap 2 Wave 1 - March 18!
  • Mario Golf new monthly outfit (TBD?) - tomorrow?
  • N64 Monthly Game (Snap?) - TBD?
Anything else to look forward to?
Gran Turismo 7 is huge

Gran Turismo 7 is huge
ooh true I was only thinking Nintendo there so far

which, one more!

• Pokemon BPSP limited time Shaymin event
  • Chocobo GP (10th, free lite mode)

and while you're at it beyond Nintendo
  • Game Pass announcements tomorrow (and 3rd Tuesday of the month as always)
  • Tunic (March 16th, praying for game pass announcement)
  • Final Fantasy SOP (March 18th)
  • Ghostwire Tokyo (March 25th, waiting for game pass myself)

Ah, love that new thread smell.

Been really absorbed in Elden Ring, which is surprising to me because I've never been able to get into Soulsbourne games like this before. I think the open world helps a lot.

Kirby on the Nintendo side, CHAOS (aka Stranger of Paradise: FFO) on the Playstation end.

Should stand to be a good month for me with those two, alone!

My mother is buying Kirby for herself because she's a big fan ! So happy Kirby month to everyone and to her.

You guys are clever as hell with these new threads. Alot of dedication goes into them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom