• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Baba Yaga Hut
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
83Or92.gif

wooQQ54.png

(Huge thank you to @Raccoon for making this graphic)

Welcome everybody to a new thread, a new year, a new fami.

ST4 is gonna look a bit different than the first three. Hence the title. With @Raccoon picking back up the mantle of Direct Speculation Thread OP this thread will have a slightly different focus than before. Instead of raucous remarks about rumors and discussions about direct dates we're going to use this thread to talk about the most heinous act a member here can perform: actually playing video games.

And also general life/family/health/hobby/pet/food/job/school/grievance/childhood/nostalgia/Lego/Eggo/Prego related topics.

Speaking seriously for a moment, this thread, starting now, will serve more as the central hub of this community where we will do just that, build our sense of community. We'll talk about ourselves, our lives, our jobs, games we want to play, games we don't want to play, games that need to be remastered because nobody wants to play something in dosbox anymore, just a general repository for thoughts and questions we want to share or pose with our fellow community members. Because when it comes down to it, that's the reason we're all here- we love this community.

So to that end, I've decided to kickstart some of these discussions by setting up a new "weekly topic" system. Each week of this thread (starting Sunday because that is when the week starts and no I'm not taking questions on that) will have a new subject introduced with a new poll included that ties into it. Right now the tentative schedule is this:

• Week 1: New year's resolutions (gaming and otherwise)
  • Week 2: Coping with COVID (soon we'll have years of experience with this!)
  • Week 3: Relationship advice/questions/what games to play with your SO/kids, etc.
  • Week 4: Work related grievances. Compare your boss to your favorite Nintendo game boss!

In addition to that I want to do weekly raffles for $5 eShop cards (or whatever currency the winner chooses), which in order to enter you need to post a picture related to the raffle subject (as well as tag me), which (again tentatively) are as follows:

• Week 1: Food. Something you cooked, baked, ate, or saw somewhere. Should ideally be interesting!
  • Week 2: Pets. Your pet, your family's pet, your friend's pet, your neighbor's pet, that squirrel that sits on your windowsill every now and then and pleads with its eyes for you to give it some of your trail mix, that little stink bug that just refuses to ever get on your piece of paper that you are trying to use to carry it outside, etc.
  • Week 3: Your favorite (or one of your favorite) game or game related collectible.
  • Week 4: Free-for-all. Anything, something funny, something cute, something dumb, a picture of a used tissue, a picture of very dull looking blanket, a horse incinerator, a man wearing a monocle, etc.

-------------------------

In case you were starting to wonder, yes this thread is still primarily about Nintendo.

We're still going to discuss games we're playing, games that are soon coming out, game previews, game reviews, game sheviews, Nintendo tweets, things like that. Really the main thing we're going to try and keep out of this thread is discussion of rumors and speculation revolving around when the next direct is or what games may be announced/featured at said directs.

So what's on tap for January?

So far Nintendo's only game is Pokemon Legends Arceus launching on the 28th.

Other notable releases include:

• January 6: Arcade Archives: Super Pac-Man
  • January 6: Dead Cells: The Queen & The Sea
  • January 20: Windjammers 2
  • January 28: Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth

(List is not exhaustive and will be updated as new games are dated. Please feel free to ask me to add any games I've missed)

--------------

Some other useful threads include

Direct Speculation Thread

And here are the past Nintendo General Discussion threads

Also I'd like to thank the past OP's, @mazi , @Derachi and @Suswave . You guys are way better than me at this.

Alright, it's time to discuss! Let's get discussin'!

Last edited:
𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖘 𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖊!

New year, new thread, hopefully new DK.

As for the vote, I picked other. I want to beat more games this year and buy less. I need to calm my FOMO. There's plenty of games I love but haven't beaten yet. That needs to change.

So excited for the new thread in the new year! Great OP! Very excited for Record of Lodoss War for reals this time and Picross S7 this month! Fingers crossed Arceus turns out well, I’m waiting for reviews.

So excited for Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, and if it makes it, Breath of the Wild 2! I want to believe!

Seeing as how I no longer have a computer (at least for the foreseeable future) I am going to be slightly less committal on the weekly raffle thing. I still want to do it but I have a feeling it'll prove to be difficult to actually do the process of raffling and getting eShop cards on my phone so if that proves to be less than doable I might have to come up with something else.

But for now let's say it's still on.

To kick of food week here's a roast lamb leg I made for date night with my wife:

PXL_20211227_224404552.MP.jpg

PXL_20211228_001828734.MP.jpg

Seeing as how I no longer have a computer (at least for the foreseeable future) I am going to be slightly less committal on the weekly raffle thing. I still want to do it but I have a feeling it'll prove to be difficult to actually do the process of raffling and getting eShop cards on my phone so if that proves to be less than doable I might have to come up with something else.

But for now let's say it's still on.

To kick of food week here's a roast lamb leg I made for date night with my wife:

PXL_20211227_224404552.MP.jpg

PXL_20211228_001828734.MP.jpg

I had a computer some years back that gave me nothing but trouble till it finally quit on me. I ended getting the newest iPad at the time and tried it out, honestly prefer the iPad over a laptop. I still have that one from three years ago and still does good for me.

it only just occurred to me that things will be a little quiet because it's literally new year's eve

oh well, direct thread in 2 hours, 44 minutes

Happy New Year y'all!

I want to finish more games in 2022. I have a bad habit of starting a bunch of games and not finishing them (case in point, I started about six game this week 😅). Hopefully I can stick with it.

Love the animation. Was so confused at the end of ST3 why the avatar changed back. Now I know lol. Here’s to the new thread and new month.

it only just occurred to me that things will be a little quiet because it's literally new year's eve

oh well, direct thread in 2 hours, 44 minutes
We'll get an influx of drunk posters soon enough. Those are the bread and butter of forums.

We'll get an influx of drunk posters soon enough. Those are the bread and butter of forums.
I’m on pacific time, so within the next 6 hours I won’t even know what I’m posting. Please though everyone, don’t drive if you are imbibing.

Man, there are so many great games coming out in 2022 that we know about and I'm looking forward to playing none of them once Splatoon 3 comes out because that will consume all my gaming time.

Great ST @Skittzo!

While my goal isn’t to spend less per se on games in 2022, I definitely want to focus only on buying games because they genuinely excite me and not just because they’re in the zeitgeist. During the switch era, I’ve gotten a lot of games because people said they were good or because I thought I might like them. While that’s led to some great experiences I feel like on the whole I’ve invested a lot into games that didn’t deliver. Plus, as a kid I only got a new game every several months but each one really felt like an event and I got a lot more out of each one, so I’ll try to cut back on gaming purchases for that reason as well. There are already 4 games that I’m planning on getting in 2022, all of which I’m genuinely looking forward to, and there will almost certainly be more, but it’ll still end up being fewer than the previous 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom