• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

Tingle
STHeader.png

8cf00f1339b83bfcc121c55efee1560d.png

Yes, that's right. This is the 10th Nintendo General Discussion thread since this site's conception back in October of 2021. That means we've been Generally Discussing Nintendo for 10 months now, with hopefully many more months to come. From humble beginnings this site has grown considerably, producing both masterful shitposts and genuinely good discussions along the way. As of writing, the site now stands at nearly 3,000 members and 300,000 total messages. Truly something to be proud of. Or fearful of. Depending on one's perspective.

As this is such a special occasion, I thought it only right to begin this thread by honouring the 10-strong team who brought you all of these fine STs. Well, 9 strong. EvilChameleon did two STs. Truly, he is a man of action to be admired. With that said, let me introduce to you:​

The STupendous League of ST Makers
STMakers.jpg
We have:
@mazi (ST1 Oct 2021 - The Beginnings)
@Derachi (ST2 Nov 2021 - Are you going to play Shin Megami Tensei V the dub way or...)
@Suswave (ST3 Dec 2021 - Topical Threes)
@Skittzo (ST4 Jan 2022 - Resurrections)
@Dardan Sandiego (ST5 Feb 2022- Xenodelayed Chronicles)
@EvilChameleon (ST6 Mar 2022 - Marchful Mode & ST7 Apr 2022 - Launch Timing Update for ST7 Sequel)
@Barely Able (ST8 May 2022 - Prime Real E-ST8)
@Irene (ST9 Jun 2022 - This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!)
And me, @Plum

Many thanks to all of you fine people! :D

04c122da01f371dc08a9ecf0920773d7.png

So, last month was a bit of a ride.

The month started with rumours of a Nintendo Direct; one coming at an unusual time: on the 28th or the 29th. Speculation began to run rampant. What could it be? What might be in it? Some folks even created whole bingo competitions in anticipation of the incredible Direct that was to come. How stupid they were to believe. Then, it happened. Inklings of doubt reared their ugly head as the notion of a Mini, or - worse - Partner Direct came to light. People began to wonder; does Breath of the Wild 2 even exist? Is Bayonetta dead once again? What even are we here for? What even is Nintendo doing?

Then, one fateful day, Nintendo announced a Direct focused on the upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles 3. You can watch it here. Not that you'd catch me watching it. I ain't no weeb. I actually just don't wanna spoil myself on the game as I'm currently playing through Xenoblade 1: DE and, in time, 2. Don't tell anyone. I have a reputation to uphold. A lot of detailed information about the game was shown, including the announcement of a Season Pass.

So, the final week came and, with our hopes for a full direct thoroughly dashed, Nintendo announced the altogether baffling return of the Mini Partner Showcases. A 25 minute, on-demand video whose reveal left more questions than answers. The Direct (Link) was - in terms of pure content - one of the best Partner Directs we've recieved. It showed off many ports and new titles, including a Portal 1+2 shadow-drop, and the long-awaited reveal of Persona 3, 4, and 5 coming to Switch. The day afterwards, Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope got a dedicated showcase (Link), and is releasing October 20th. It looks like a massive step-up from the already-great original game, and will surely be a big deal come October. In reaction to these events, I reached out to Nintendo themselves for comment, asking them how they felt towards any Breath of the Wild 2 fans who might be disappointed in the no-show:​

simpsons-laughing.gif

So, again, we wait. We wait for BotW2, for Metroid Prime 4, for the succ, and those mystery titles that are now nothing but mere whispers on the wind. Truly, they are the echoes of an era where hope was blossoming, where love was plenty. Yet, alas, that is the plight of the Nintendo fan; as some games come quickly. and some take the most sweetest of times. Will this miasma of incredulous waiting end? Will the second Breath wash over the hills, the sky filled with echoes of Prime 4? The only answer to such quandaries is to wait...

...or, play some games. Like these cool games that came out for Switch last month:
Mario Strikers
Omori_cover.jpg
Fall_Guys_cover.jpg
Fire-Emblem-Warriors-Three-Hopes_Key-Art_01.jpg
220px-Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_Shredder%E2%80%99s_Revenge_cover_art.jpg
MV5BMDRhZTI5YjgtZmQ1Ni00NGUxLTg0ZjItZTZmYWEyYzBkNmU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
monster-hunter-rise-sunbreak-desktop-logo-all.jpg

But who plays games anyway?

14737524cd0b9a24763caba3f6faf2cb.png

To get with the modern times, I asked Craiyon (AKA Dall-E Mini) to show me the games coming out this month. This is what it showed me:​

upcominggames.jpg

If these incredible representations don't help, these games are (from left to right):

AI: The Somnium Files - Nirvana Initiative
8th (Europe)
Solve the mystery behind a string of bizarre murders in this Visual Novel game with a Rather Novel name. Yes, this came out in the US last month, but I forgot about that when making the AI images so give me a break. We can't all be perfect.
Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series
8th
HD remasters of both the Wii remake of Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, and Klonoa 2. Two very cute 2.5D cult platformers that are finally getting re-released after years in obscurity. Guaranteed to grab your attention, and throw you into a good time. Make sure to buy this if you want a sequel!
Live A Live
22nd
A HD-2D Remake of a classic JRPG, one that never saw a Western release until now. This could be seen as the original Octopath Traveler (complete with weird-ass name), as the game is based around 8 wholly-different characters going on separate, yet connected stories.
Bear & Breakfast
28th
You play as a bear running a bed & breakfast.
What? You wanted more?
Digimon Survive
29th
Inspired by a night out in Milton Keynes, Digimon Survive is a Visual Novel/RPG hybrid that tells the story of a group of teenagers trying desperately to escape a strange land full of monsters, danger, and excessive roundabouts.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
29th
The long-awaited sequel to one of the Switch's first big success stories. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 promises to combine story and gameplay elements from the dangerously-weeb Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and the somewhat less weeb Xenoblade Chronicles, whilst adding some new flavours of its own to the formula. Your task in the game is to explore a vast world, in search of the reason why Xenoblade Chronicles X hasn't had a Switch port yet.

As for events, whilst there is speculation that we might get... another Mini... it's impossible to truly say what Nintendo might do. Might they do a regular Direct, and confuse everyone? Might they finally give us the Succ, and free us from sub-720p resolutions and flimsy 30fps targets? Might they simply drop the next Mario Kart DLC news on Twitter and call it a month? Nobody knows except Nintendo. All we know is that BotW2 is totally gonna be delayed again. To, like, 2025 or something. Come on.​

6Lpl5ew.gif

4170a2f13f01a5a87f9a82127ced6379.png

7e494b1d681f77bcc0e6b428787d34e6.png

5787a02d279fb468978ac0d12da46d1d.png

Fear not! This thread is the hub for the site in general, and in particular everything relating to the Japanese Videogame Publisher and Console Manufacturer, Nintendo. However, you're free to talk about most everything, really. We're a friendly environment that doesn't care whether you have just a Switch, all consoles, a PC, or a Philips CDI. Want to shitpost? Sure! Want to shoot the shit? Go ahead! Want to post shit? Don't do that. Most everything is welcomed here, and we're welcoming to most everyone.

Whilst the above is true, I'd also highly encourage that you go to many of the other fine STs and Discussion Threads that this forum has to offer; you may get better responses, and the thread-makers will definitely appreciate it. Hell, if you want to discuss a specific thing, or have a question to ask, why not make a thread of your own? Either way, please feel free to come on in, have a chat, post your thoughts, or simply chill out :D

Now, I think that is all...

harold-bearded-scroll-costume.jpg

"Nay, Sire. Tis not all, as you see
For thine scroll I hold must only be,
thy rules of auld that guideth this thread
To keep thee from despair and dread!
Now heed thine words, tis my desire
Lest one doth meet banhammers, pain, and fire!

Indeed. Tis not all. The thread guidelines are:
st10guidelines.png

I'm kidding with the Rhythm Heaven fans stuff btw. Everyone's allowed here...

...except Elite Beat Agents fans. Now they are the true enemy! /s

Seriously though, please try to just be a nice person in the thread. Believe me; it works better for everyone - including yourself - if you do. We're living in tough times and the world is getting shittier every day; and, whilst that doesn't mean you shouldn't care about any other things (this is a videogame forum, after all), it'll never help anyone for you to dwell on petty drama here. If you feel yourself- and things in general - getting heated, it's always better to step away than to continue the argument. I'm still working on this and I'm sure I'll be working on it for my entire life, but what's important is that you consider it. We're all just people with a common interest in all things Nintendo at the end of the day, and we're all deserving of the benefit of the doubt.​

37e9ef168f33da842b3ffc37636a9b64.png

As an addendum, I'd like to thank all the folks who encouraged me to actually finish this ST and put it out after a brief lapse in mental health the other day. This thread wouldn't be here without your help :D

Last edited:
Great OP! I can't believe breakfast bear is coming out this month.

Nice thread @Plum! For American college football fans, having Big Ten in the title is topical since they just got USC/UCLA to join.

Wanted to say this is amazing and extremely high effort, but then saw the Rhythm Heaven thing....
Still very nice and insane effort!!

July ve a Live is extremely funny

I was going to suggest

Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| No General Direct? Wow Nate, Why Would July To Me?​

but I didn’t want anyone actually genuinely going after Nate

The fuck is this shit about Rhythm Heaven fans??

I’m sure it’s supposed to be a joke of some kind but it’s still mean. Also Rhythm Heaven fans are the best.

I’m sure it’s supposed to be a joke of some kind but it’s still mean. Also Rhythm Heaven fans are the best.
Hey, everyone! Get a load of the Rhythm Heaven Fan over here!!!!!

I’m sure it’s a joke but it’s still mean. Also Rhythm Heaven fans are the best.
It's a joke lol. Mostly based on some dunking on Rhythm Heaven I did in the Direct Speculation thread :p I've edited something in to make that clear.

Damn @Plum how does it feel to be OP of the ST where

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Yet another Games Done Quick without a single Vectrex game on the schedule. The disrespect! 😑

No Rhythm Heaven fans? too bad, I'm already here. Rhythm Heaven rules! Something Something I Suppose!

I'd love to brag about starting the Rhythm Heaven hate train, but I'm too tired to meme. Great OP!

Sorry, out. Them's the rules :mad:

There'll be no rhythmic flicking of circles or tapping of screens in this ST!
Look, I'm gonna respond this the only way a Rhythm Heaven fan can:

Badaba is that true? Si!
Pose for the fans!
Wow you go big guy!

It's a joke lol. Mostly based on some dunking on Rhythm Heaven I did in the Direct Speculation thread :p I've edited something in to make that clear.
Ah. Not everyone keeps up with all the inside jokes on here. =P (And honestly the cliquey-ness of Era is one of the big things that made me leave that site for this one, so seeing more cliquey-ness here is always disappointing to me, even if done in jest. XP)

I’m glad you put the β€œ/s” after that Elite Beat Agents slander, at least. >.> lol

AYYYYYYYYYY

excellent job @Plum for making Famiboards X a very exciting time!

Alright, time to sleep. Idk why but I feel like I want to sleep for the entire weekend... but I still have work in the morning :(

Either way, hope the ST's good for you all!

Ah. Not everyone keeps up with all the inside jokes on here. =P (And honestly the cliquey-ness of Era is one of the big things that made me leave that site for this one, so seeing more cliquey-ness here is always disappointing to me, even if done in jest. XP)

I’m glad you put the β€œ/s” after that Elite Beat Agents slander, at least. >.> lol
I can remove it if it's too harsh; sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom