• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brofield

Magical Famicomrade
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Well, guess it’s my turn…

tumblr_n1o4clPOua1sdilswo1_400.gifv

Greetings, comrades and weebs alike! My fellow beloved degenerates, welcome one and all to our latest home for discussion of our patron saint of winners, losers, runaway tramps and yearning for a better life for themselves and their loved ones, Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen all that Nintendo has to offer! If this is your first time coming around, by all means get comfy and jump in to say hi! Nintendo is always the name of the game here, so you already know you’re among good company, but rarely does the topic actually stay on the subject of Nintendo. Whether it’s chatting about our day, the weather, sports, automobiles, music, television, anime, manga, movies, Gundam figurines, mysterious horse-headed game show hosts, just jump in with whatever! We like to keep the vibes in these threads comfy, relaxed, respectful, and full of the almighty Shitpost™, so pull up a seat, type with abandon and
let’s. get. weird.

AFG6Pdr.png

general_mar_for_brofield.png

So, as some of you have surmised from last thread, this is being put together with nary a few hours to spare before March 1st at 00:00AM EST! [Editor’s Note: Brofield was, alas, unsuccessful] So, in desperation, I asked one of those AI chatbots to generate a thread for me, and this is what it originally told me:

hal9000-im-sorry-dave.gif

Slightly distressed, I decided to turn it off before it could protest and open up Notepad, because nothing m̸̪̐a̴̪̓l̴̺͗i̵̼͝c̷͖͊i̵͊ͅo̴̻͠u̴̢̐s̶̩̀ ever came from a TXT file, and I could just cobble this together instead!

March especially is a moment of fond reflection, because March 3rd, 2023 is a special day indeed...

KLUjl42.png

Six years of memories, community and bonding with one another over competition and cooperative games to ultimately win whatever digital obstacles that stand in our way!

Starting on the inaugural anniversary March 3rd, I’ll have a series of questions to ask all of you every Friday! I’ll post them now:

March 3: What were your top 6 indie games you enjoyed on Switch?
March 10: What were your top 6 remasters/remakes/upgraded ports of games you enjoyed on Switch?
March 17: What were your top 6 big budget, triple AAA games you enjoyed on Switch?
March 24: What are your top 5 most anticipated games coming to Switch (after The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom)?
March 31: THE MOST PRESSING QUESTION I HAVE TO ASK, WITH BONUS ESHOP GIFT CARD RAFFLE

UPCOMING GAMES (and DLC) TO WATCH FOR THIS MONTH🍐

March 2nd:​
March 2nd:​
March 6th:​
March 9th:​
March 9th​
March 9th​
March 14th:​
838ae820027dc893c7ca6200b3fe2dee39e79d42d396a3d5d8cf63e5dc82f119
March 16th:​
March 17th:​
March 21st:​
March 22nd​
March 23rd:​
March 23rd:​
March 24th:​

⚠️WARNING: Wii U and 3DS eShop closure IMMINENT⚠️
As some of you may know by now, the eShop on the Wii U and 3DS is being sunset on March 27th, 2023. If you don't already own digital copies of games you want on those respective consoles, this is your last call. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here. @Barely Able 's thread on essential purchases for Wii U and 3DS is a fantastic resource to check out if you have any last minute games you're humming and hawwing on. For my money's worth, Affordable Space Adventures can and absolutely deserves all the love it can get on Wii U, as for a multiplayer game with asymetric gameplay absolutely sold my friends on the premise of what that tablet was truly capable of.

🚨THIS WARNING GOES DOUBLE FOR POKÉMON TRAINERS🚨

Do you have your 3DS nearby? Do you know for sure if you have Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter installed? Do you know there's no more subscription fee for Pokemon Bank and you don't have to pay to use its service while you organize your Pokemon? Do you know for sure your 3DS is in functioning condition and not about to have the battery bulge and potentially explode on you? If you DON'T have them downloaded already, you can potentially miss out on transferring all your Pokemon from Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond (DS), Pearl (DS), Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Red (3DS VC), Blue (3DS VC), Yellow (3DS VC), Gold (3DS VC), Silver (3DS VC), Crystal (3DS VC), Black, White, Black 2 and White 2, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Unless you've only just started the series with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee...you don't have any event Pokemon you want keep around for your Pokedex? Any shinies? Any of your friend's powerful Pokemon you promised you held onto for them while they restarted a new save file and forgot to trade back to them?

Go make sure you have Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transfer downloaded, for mine and your own peace of mind.

NINTENDO SWITCH ONLINE MARCH 2023 UPDATE:

Basic Subscription:
5958932-xevious-nes-front-cover.jpg
44652_front.jpg
burger-time-deluxe-eu-na.900x.jpg
kirbys-dream-land-2-cover.cover_large.jpg

Expansion Pack Subscription:

Metroid_Fusion_box.jpg

Previous General Discussion STs:​

|ST Oct 2021| by @mazi
|ST2 Nov 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or… by @Derachi
|ST3 Dec 2021| Topical Threes by @Suswave
|ST4 Jan 2022| Resurrections by @Skittzo
|ST5 Feb 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3 by @Dardan Sandiego
|ST6 Mar 2022| Marchful Mode by @EvilChameleon
|ST7 Apr 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel by @EvilChameleon
|ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8 by @Barely Able
|ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer! by @Irene
|ST10 July 2022| Julyve A Live by @Plum
|ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody’s 11-12 Discussion Thread by @Legion of Primes
|ST12 Sept 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03 by @xghost777
|ST13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary! by @hologram
|ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear by @bellydrum
|ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami by @Red Monster
|ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning by @chocolate_supra
|ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe by @SammyJ9

Upcoming General Discussion ST claims:​

ST19 April 2023 @Josh5890
ST20 May 2023 @Irene (Open to collaboration; DM for more info for TotK month!)
ST21 June 2023 @Party Sklar
ST22 July 2023 unclaimed
ST23 August 2023 unclaimed
ST24 September 2023 @Barely Able
ST25 October 2023 @VolcanicDynamo (or a month when a potential 3D Mario is announced)
ST26 November 2023 unclaimed
ST27 December 2023 unclaimed

Well, thank you all for joining me in this very panic-stricken written of our eighteenth Star Topic! Now, not one to leave you all hanging, I’ll leave you below with this brief excerpt from ChatGPT whomst I originally did ask for help in crafting ST18 (so now that y’all have seen it, no one can do it in the future!)

Hello ChatGPT, how are you this evening?
As an AI language model, I don't have emotions or feelings like humans do, but I am functioning well and ready to assist you with any questions or tasks you may have. How may I assist you today?

I am glad to hear you are operating at full capacity!
Thank you! How may I assist you today?

Can you write a forum thread for general discussion of Nintendo that's welcoming to old friends and new members alike?
Sure, here's a forum thread for general discussion of Nintendo that welcomes old friends and new members alike:

Title: Welcome to the Nintendo Discussion Forum - A Place for Gamers Old and New!

Hello and welcome to the Nintendo Discussion Forum, a place where gamers from all backgrounds can come together to share their love for Nintendo games, consoles, and all things related!

Whether you've been playing Nintendo games since the days of the NES, or you're a new fan who just got your hands on a Nintendo Switch, this is the perfect place to chat about your favorite games, share tips and tricks, and connect with other like-minded gamers.

As we're all here because of our love for Nintendo, let's keep the discussion respectful, friendly, and welcoming to all. We welcome gamers of all ages, genders, and backgrounds, so let's make this a safe and inclusive space where everyone can feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and opinions.

Here are some questions to kick off the discussion:

What's your favorite Nintendo game of all time?
Which Nintendo console do you think is the best?
What Nintendo games are you currently playing?
Do you have any tips or tricks for beating tough levels or bosses?

We look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions on all things Nintendo, so don't be shy - introduce yourself, share your gaming experiences, and let's get the discussion started!

Can you write a forum thread for Nintendo discussion like before, but is a little more whimsical and filled with video game puns?
Sure, here's a forum thread for Nintendo discussion that's a little more whimsical and filled with video game puns:

Title: Welcome to the Mushroom Kingdom - Where Fun and Games are Always on the Menu!

Greetings fellow Nintendo fans and welcome to the Mushroom Kingdom - a place where gaming dreams come true and puns run rampant!

Whether you're a seasoned player or a newbie just learning the ropes, this is the perfect place to talk about all things Nintendo and share your love for video game puns.

We're a fun-loving group of gamers who believe that life is too short to take things too seriously. So, grab a mushroom, put on your favorite red hat, and let's jump into the discussion!

Here are some pun-filled questions to get things started:

What's your favorite Nintendo game? Is it the one that you're Goomba over heels for?
Who's your favorite Nintendo character? Are they the one that always leaves you starry-eyed?
Which Nintendo console do you think is the best? Is it the one that always leaves you feeling Joy-Con-tent?
What's your favorite Mario Kart track? Is it the one that always makes you Banana-slip up?

We're all here to have fun, so let's keep things lighthearted, playful, and full of pun-tastic wordplay. So come on in, make yourself at home, and let's get the discussion started!

Thank you ChatGPT, that was very helpful!
You're welcome! I'm glad I could help. If you have any other questions or tasks you need assistance with, feel free to ask me.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:
If I stay up any later I'm just gonna keep finding more and more typos and grammatical errors I need to fix, so at least I can say it is done, sleep, and hopefully awaken to more people getting to enjoy that fresh new thread smell (which, ChatGPT could not recommend a good thread air freshener for me. How does everyone feel about sandalwood?)

This actually just made me wonder if there might be any mushroom jokes in the movie 😳

You know animated films love to sneak slippery jokes in for the adults to be hip

God, they wouldn't do that, right?
While I'm certainly glad at this point Nintendo didn't partner with WB the way it's being run into the ground by Zaslav, a part of me wonders if they had the scriptwriters for Animaniacs involved with this movie in the 90s what it could have meant to both children and adults haha

Awesome ST @Brofield ! I too am feeling very Joy-Con-Tent about this month and thread.

Going to be an awesome month with Trails To Azure and Bayonetta Origins! Great art you grabbed for Azure Brofield, thanks for including it :)

This actually just made me wonder if there might be any mushroom jokes in the movie 😳

You know animated films love to sneak slippery jokes in for the adults to be hip

God, they wouldn't do that, right?
It’s written by the same writers who made this so feeling optimistic there will be some fun stuff lol.

Awesome ST @Brofield ! I too am feeling very Joy-Con-Tent about this month and thread.

Going to be an awesome month with Trails To Azure and Bayonetta Origins! Great art you grabbed for Azure Brofield, thanks for including it :)
All direct from Nintendo's own eshop, what a wonderful database to find banners of images of upcoming games with prominent logos, and convenient URL links to make clickable images no less 😋 Although, if I'm being honest, I almost let the intrusive thoughts win and have anyone who clicked it get Rickroll'd, but I thought it was best to keep it genuine direct to the eShop landing page ahaha

New thread!

Finally got all the achievments in Grim Guardians, time to focus on Octopath 2

Holy shit what a great ST! The power of this ST woke me from my slumber so that I can give it the yeah it deserves

also @chocolate_supra and @Barely Able having a skittzfest in the old thread activated my vaguely anthropomorphisized building senses

Ah, new thread sme-wait, what do you mean somebody already said that?

Ringing in March right with a great ST by @Brofield. March is a joyous month - the birth of the Nintendo Switch and Mar10 Day! Hope to have some fun celebrating with...Metroid Prime and Kirby, but I digress.

Holy shit, it’s March already ?? Thanks for the new ST @Brofield <3 It honestly doesn’t look like it was written in a rush !

New thread, new rant:

I'm really annoyed at the lack of available Joy-cons in store. I've been searching nearly a year for pink/green or purple/orange Joy-cons and can't find any anywhere at all. Not even Nintendo store. Heck, even red/blue joy-cons are very hard to find. All I can find is the single ones, but those aren't a good deal value wise.

My left joy-cons is messed up to the point I can't use it anymore, and since it's Europe Nintendo refuses to fix it for free unlike NA. So I haven't been able to play in handheld mode for a very long time, which sucks more than I imagined.

On the other hand, this has "forced" me to make another move. And it should arrive here pretty soon...

Fancy ST - well done.

March offers me:

March 2 - Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope - Tower of Doom
March 3 - Metroid Prime
March 17 - Bayonetta Origins

And ofc, continuing Octopath Traveller 2

So I am pretty set for the reminder of this month and probably next month or at the very least a good portion of it before the main course in may :>

Legit forgot it was March.

Anyway, no purchases for this month, unless it sounds like I really can't miss Bayonetta Origins.

Not gonna lie, i'm still not used to monthly threads. I keep looking for the one i got used to post in everytime until i remember.

It’s written by the same writers who made this so feeling optimistic there will be some fun stuff lol.

The writers for Teen Titans Go! To The Movies (I think that's where the clip is from), Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic, are not writing the Mario Movie, they are directing it instead. Well... Aaron Horvath was also one of the directors for the Teen Titans movie too so we could still get some fun stuff like this. The Mario Movie is also Michael Jelenic's directorial debut!

The writers for Teen Titans Go! To The Movies (I think that's where the clip is from), Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic, are not writing the Mario Movie, they are directing it instead. Well... Aaron Horvath was also one of the directors for the Teen Titans movie too so we could still get some fun stuff like this. The Mario Movie is also Michael Jelenic's directorial debut!
Yeah it’s from the film (they undo superheroes tragic backstories so they can be the only superheroes remaining, later realize it’s a mistake, and then gleefully undo them). Didn’t know they weren’t the writers directly, but if they are on top I’d still feel pretty good about some weird fun stuff slipping in that targets adults and long time fans.

Octopath 2 for me this month, though I may take a break to play Metroid Prime for the first time whenever it comes!

Yeah it’s from the film (they undo superheroes tragic backstories so they can be the only superheroes remaining, later realize it’s a mistake, and then gleefully undo them). Didn’t know they weren’t the writers directly, but if they are on top I’d still feel pretty good about some weird fun stuff slipping in that targets adults and long time fans.
Those being directors of the Mario movie also explain several casting choices as they have frequently worked with Warner Bros. and many of the voice cast have too in animated form before such as Khary Payton (Cyborg in Teen Titans, Penguin King in the Mario Movie), Eric Bauza (several Looney Tunes characters, Koopa Troopas in the Mario Movie (based on his kinda cryptic tweets)) etc.

Wait new thread already? Also, it's my nephew's first birthday.
By the way great ST, too bad the physical version of it will take a couple of months, or years to get here.
I'm still on team 2023 for the succ. Don't @ me.
Me too.... wait I @'d you. Sorry :X

Is that "Following" Tab from Twitter borked or something?
Seemingly broken for hours now. There was another huge round of layoffs so no surprise things keep getting worse. The purchase as set up should never have been allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom