• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread | ST22 July 2023 | PIKMINVASION

Status
Not open for further replies.

famicorpse

Sleepy Mage
Pronouns
he/him
ST-22-Banner.png

SPECIAL-ANNOUNCEMENT.png

//////////////////////

ALERT: Pikmin are invading your favorite worlds! Maybe you’re enjoying your adventures in Hyrule. Are you STILL on ‘vacation’ with that weird Raccoon? Maybe you snuck in on that ship with Samus and are now regretting every life choice you’ve made. Or are you still on the frontlines n Aionios?

Do not fret explorers, this isn't your typical invasion. The Pikmin are traveling on my orders to bring you Summer tips and tricks for you to enjoy your Summer season with. Did you forget to drink enough water? The blue Pikmin will bring you some from whatever puddle they're cooling off in. Feeling blue? I'll order the red Pikmin (and Oatchi) to give you the biggest and best hug ever. Experiencing a black out in your area? The yellow Pikmin will charge your phone. Feeling hot? I'll order the ice Pikmin to...breathe cool air on you? Well, that actually sounds terrible...

But don't worry, the Pikmin aren't bad creatures. And they're only invading your worlds to give you tips for the Summer. So, as we continue, pay attention for tips on how to safely maximize your Summer vibes!

//////////////////////

Stay-hydrated.png

WHAT-ARE-PIKMIN.png

//////////////////////

If you're curious, Pikmin were discovered by Captain Ollimar on the planet PNF-404. Please note, they are not carrots and should not be eaten. Pikmin are semi-sentient plant-like animal life forms that you can befriend if you pull them out of the ground. Please make sure you are wearing a helmet with an antenna on it as it makes them feel like you're one of them. If they take a liking to you, you are now their leader and can command them with a whistle. But that's not why they're here.

//////////////////////

be-kind-to-yourself-others.png

DISABILITY-PRIDE.png

//////////////////////

July is Disability Pride Month. On planet Earth, 1 in 6 live with a disability. Disabilities can often be invisible to someone not currently living with one. It's important that we observe this fact and raise awareness of everyone living with a disability. Disabilities can be mental, physical, or both. Planet Earth is beautiful and we need it to be a good place for all of us, which is why Disability Pride Month is necessary: to remind us that we should always strive for better quality of life for ALL of us and not just some.

On July 26, 1990, the American with Disabilities Act was signed. This is piece of legislation granted protection to folks living with disabilities from discrimination. And thanks to the ADA, employers, businesses, and government entities can not base decisions towards an individual on their disabilities.

If you'd like to learn more, donate time/money, or need somewhere to send someone who is interested in learning about living with disabilities, The Arc is a neat organization advocating for the rights of folks with disabilities: The Arc.

//////////////////////

Stay-Cool-2.png

NOTABLE-RELEASES.png

//////////////////////

There are other worlds out there, and the Pikmin couldn’t possibly hope to explore them all by themselves. So, here are some of the worlds you could visit this month and spread the good vibes and good news to:

• legend of heroes: trails into reverie - 7/7/2023 (eShop)
  • oxenfree ii: lost signals - 7/12/2023 (eShop)
  • atelier marie remake: the alchemist of salburg - 7/13/2023 (eShop)
  • manic mechanics - 7/13/2023 (eShop)
  • might & magic: clash of heroes - 7/20/2023 (eShop)
  • nobunaga's ambition: awakening - 7/20/2023 (eShop)
  • pikmin 4 - 7/21/2023 - (eShop)
  • double dragon gaiden: rise of the dragons - 7/27/2023 (eShop)
  • disney illusion island - 7/28/2023 (eShop)
  • venba - 7/31/2023 (eShop)
There are way more worlds than the ones listed here. The Pikmin personally invite you to come to their world on 7/21 for Pikmin 4! If there are worlds significant to you that I have missed, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll update the list! Now go spread the Summer vibes!

//////////////////////

Wear-sunscreen.png

Before-we-go.png

//////////////////////

Before we go, I'd like to ask you to share a Summer memory. Is there a video game you played during Summer that you replay only in Summer? What's your favorite Summer drink and why? Do you have any video game songs that remind you of Summer?

//////////////////////

Also, prior to departure, I'd like to thank the explorers who brought us journeys before this:

|ST Oct 2021| by @mazi
|ST2 Nov 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or… by @Derachi
|ST3 Dec 2021| Topical Threes by @Suswave
|ST4 Jan 2022| Resurrections by @Skittzo
|ST5 Feb 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3 by @Dardan Sandiego
|ST6 Mar 2022| Marchful Mode by @EvilChameleon
|ST7 Apr 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel by @EvilChameleon
|ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8 by @Barely Able
|ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer! by @Irene
|ST10 July 2022| Julyve A Live by @Plum
|ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody’s 11-12 Discussion Thread by @Legion of Primes
|ST12 Sept 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03 by @xghost777
|ST13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary! by @hologram
|ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear by @bellydrum
|ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami by @Red Monster
|ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning by @chocolate_supra
|ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe by @SammyJ9
|ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month by @Brofield
|ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other by @Josh5890
|ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop is a Waterfall by @Irene
|ST21 June 2023| Welcome to Famipark! by @Party Skiar

Upcoming General Discussion ST Claims

ST23 August 2023
@shoptroll
ST24 September 2023 @Barely Able
ST25 October 2023 @VolcanicDynamo (or a month when a potential 3D Mario is announced)
ST26 November 2023 unclaimed
ST27 December 2023 unclaimed
ST?? Sometimes 2024-ish @Aurc (Metroid month)

//////////////////////

Anyways, I've rounded up the Pikmin and creatures that came with them and we are going back to our world. I'd like to thank you for hearing me out so far and wish you a healthy, fun, and relaxing Summer. Don't forgot to take care of yourself, and those around you when you can. Goodbye~!

//////////////////////

sale.png

Beautiful ST! I'm about to take a flight and will likely be spending at least some of the time playing the Pikmin 4 demo <3

So for a Summer memory, my Mom would always try to get me to go outside during Summer vacations, but I'd prefer to be inside playing games. I remember starting Phantom Brave one Summer and obsessing/grinding that game for months. My Mom walked in to put laundry away and asked "do you want a new game? You've been playing that one for weeks now. Does it ever end?" I then proceeded to explain to my Mom how Nippon Ichi games worked.

As for a game I replay: Super Mario 3D Land has become my end of Summer replay. For some reason, it feels like the perfect transition from Summer into Fall, so I'll be doing that during the end of Summer.

For my Summer drink: morir sonando (Spanish for "to die dreaming"). This is a refreshing milk and orange juice drink that my mother used to make during hot Summer days. I don't have it as often (I should ask her to teach me how she makes it), but here is a recipe if you'd like to try it.

And finally, this Earthbound song reminds me of Summer. I equate it to a hot and lazy Summer day.

Great ST @famicorpse!! And a belated thanks to @Party Sklar for hosting June! I missed saying bye to the old thread because I was watching Secret Invasion, but looks like I stumbled upon a wholly different invasion here!! 😱

a much cuter invasion at least

Last edited:
New thread! Gonna try that morir soñando, found weird to mix milk with juice but saw the recipe and it was with evaporated milk so makes more sense

"The music in Tears of the Kingdom is a bit subdued"
"FUCKER, WE'VE BEEN HOLDING BACK FOR THE RIGHT TIME TO BLOW YOUR MIND AND THEN YOU MAKE CRY AFTERWARDS!"

The one big summer memory I always hold onto is how every summer for my whole childhood (and some of my adulthood) my dad would take me to the same beach town and we'd always, always stop at this one particular ice cream shop. I don't know when I started getting cookies n cream in a chocolate-dipped waffle cone, but that's now all I get. Modest little place, no big deal, but I've treasured it all my life and always will. When one of my best friends visited from Canada I made sure to take her, and if I ever manage to make my way back to that town in the future it'll be one of the first places I stop. ❤️

For games this month, I’m really looking forward to both Trails Into Reverie and Pikmin 4. With Reverie, it’s one last big ride with three whole casts of characters I’ve loved for 10+ years now, and with Pikmin that’s just always a delightful time. Between those, Final Fantasy XVI and Rain Code, I’m fully booked for awesome games this Summer :)

"The music in Tears of the Kingdom is a bit subdued"
"FUCKER, WE'VE BEEN HOLDING BACK FOR THE RIGHT TIME TO BLOW YOUR MIND AND THEN YOU MAKE CRY AFTERWARDS!"
My only disappointment in TotK's music is that the saxophone never went as hard as it did in the final trailer.

Pikmin 4 demo made me a believer. Only played the first game via a demo at the store way back in the GameCube days and disliked the Pikmin dying so didn't like it. Does that make me desensitized? Probably.

Ah that new thread sme…. Wait is something burning! Oh no it’s summer! Time to hide out inside with some video games

Got a good rhythm going on FEWTH. Toying with FFVIII a bit again and crusader of centy is cool. Thinking of starting AI the Somnium files as my next evening game

It's Pikmin 4 month!

Though for me it'll be mostly "finishing ToTK" month. Let's see if I can pull that off before Pikmin launches, otherwise I'll have a decision on my hands

I’m planning to restart Ys IX once I’m done with FFXVI to keep the ARPGs going. I’m about 80% through FFXVI and it’s still incredible.

Pikmin month baby!!!!!!!

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

$200 day thanks to the Criterion Collection having a sale on Barnes & Noble.

Princess Bride
Dreams
WALL-E
Lost Highway
Raging Bull
Mulholland Drive
Seventh Seal

Fantastic ST, @famicorpse!

I have a lot of fond summer memories, but I think one of my favorite things I used to do as a kid was go camping with my family in August, at a place called Rock Creek in the Sierra Nevada mountains (it's near Mammoth, which is much more well known). In particular I remember the time we went muleback riding, and the mule my sister was on suddenly charged down the trail for no discernable reason. Since I was the one who had suggested mules instead of horses, she was really mad at me, haha.

I miss camping, I should see about trying to go again sometime.

Just finished my Steam sales... pain.

Held off on Elden Ring though, really hope it hits 50% during the winter sale. It's a game I'd really like to play, but I also don't see myself playing it for a while, so a 40 dollar impulse buy is too rich for my blood.

Finally had time to play a bit again. Jeez, the last two days have been super packed, getting to spend 1.5h with the Switch now was really nice. Making progress in Sunbreak still, albeit slooowly.

Happy Disability Pride month, Fami. I have an 'invisible illness' that's worsened in the last couple of years so I really should celebrate stuff like this.

July is the month where I finally finish Tears of the Kingdom and play a different game. This means you can soon all look forward to me complaining about how many RPGs I have and how many interesting indie games there are. Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom