• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread | ST22 July 2023 | PIKMINVASION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if it's any consolation, * Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

I struggled with exactly what fears you're describing, and I can say that the fact that you're worried about it, and that you care, says a lot of good about you.
...Thank you.

I needed this.

And yes, I experienced what you experienced as well.

Can’t believe we are already at the end of July. This month flew by. If I don’t get to say it before the transition happens sometime today, you had a great ST @famicorpse !

@shoptroll make sure to let a mod know when you plan to post the August ST today so we are prepared to lock this one and pin yours :)

What? July's almost over?

Nooo, time, why would you do this. I'm not ready to be another month closer to my 40th birthday.

Me, a couple of hours ago: "Oh, that store of geeky stuff is closing because the owner is retiring and it's having an "everything must go" sale? Might as well check it out; for curiosity's sake, of course. I mean, that store sells almost exclusively figurines and statues, and I'm not into that. No purchases for me, no sir!"

Me, right now: "Now where would it be a good place to display my newly bought Spider-Gwen and Wasp bishoujo figures?"

I'm too weak, y'all.

You did an absolutely phenomenal job @famicorpse! Thanks for taking the lead on steering the ship for this month!

So has adblocker stopped working on youtube? I've been getting ads even with it activated.
Are you using Chrome? I vaguely recall something about Google updating Chrome's backend to web 3.0 to improve security and essentially would break compatibility with a lot of third party apps (like ad blocker) because they needed higher access to the browser.

It was supposed to happen back in January of this year, but as a result I think the only browser now that works with Ad Blocker is Firefox

What? July's almost over?

Nooo, time, why would you do this. I'm not ready to be another month closer to my 40th birthday.

I'm only a couple of years behind you and I can feel my midlife crisis coming for me. I wish I'm back in TOTK hype May.

You did an absolutely phenomenal job @famicorpse! Thanks for taking the lead on steering the ship for this month!

Are you using Chrome? I vaguely recall something about Google updating Chrome's backend to web 3.0 to improve security and essentially would break compatibility with a lot of third party apps (like ad blocker) because they needed higher access to the browser.

It was supposed to happen back in January of this year, but as a result I think the only browser now that works with Ad Blocker is Firefox
Yeah. I dont mind ads, except on youtube lol.

But yeah it seems that at least for youtube use, Ill have to switch.

Haven’t watched it yet but hopefully it is a nice chaser to wipe the Secret Invasion finale taste out of the palette

I still need to catch up on Secret Invasion. I'm three episodes behind. Series didn't capture my attention like I hoped it would. Probably has been my least favorite of the MCU shows.

I've been out for a spell and expected to come back to find this place is now Xboards.

I marathoned Pikmin 1 the other day and find it remains an utter delight and one of my all-time favorites. Pikmin 2 cranks up the randomness, sometimes for the worse, but it's still a lot of fun and I can power through the postgame. Then it's contemplating a quick game of Pikmin 3 Deluxe before finally cracking into Pikmin 4.

So I've been thinking lately that Nintendo probably won't port the Wii U versions of WWHD and TPHD. That'd be too much work compared to what they will most likely do: drop an HD emulated version of the GCN games just like Pikmin 1/2 and Super Mario Sunshine.

Hm, gotta handle a few things but pretty chill day overall

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Sigh Right stuff sale got me at the last minute for 2 clearance items and one thing ive been wanting for a bit

Brave's built in blocker still works on YouTube just fine.
The fact that it's built in is the key here. It has a different access to the content being loaded (and thus blocked) compared to 3rd party Chrome add-ons which need certain APIs provided by the respective browser developer. Chromium browsers will need to feature integrated adblocking capabilities or else they'll be useless in that regard going forward. Luckily, most do this already (to an extent, at least).

Has anyone else noticed a bunch of apps aren't working? Instagram and Messenger aren't loading, Discord messages won't send nor can you scroll back more than a couple hours, my emails won't load on my phone, and my RCS messages to a group chat are also not working

Has anyone else noticed a bunch of apps aren't working? Instagram and Messenger aren't loading, Discord messages won't send nor can you scroll back more than a couple hours, my emails won't load on my phone, and my RCS messages to a group chat are also not working
AWS probably?

Ok need to get this only for the giant A/B buttons. Now I will be playing with power!

InvCqau.jpg

I feel like a sensible tipping system would pay the workers a livable wage and allow customers to tip if they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom