• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread | ST22 July 2023 | PIKMINVASION

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bellydrum

Ugh

I'm paranoid... about (possibly but not probably) having Borderline Personality Disorder.

Doesn't that make me at least partly a narcissist?

Makes me afraid, it does.
What makes you think you have that? What makes you scared?

Well my connection on my Xbox isn’t super strong but Hidive is working well so I’m finally working on Lupin III Part VI. While working on the SMA4SMB3 e reader levels. Ugh how I’m the heck are you supposed to do no time to dwaddle

Well my connection on my Xbox isn’t super strong but Hidive is working well so I’m finally working on Lupin III Part VI. While working on the SMA4SMB3 e reader levels. Ugh how I’m the heck are you supposed to do no time to dwaddle

HiDive needs to get their app on my devices. It's one of the reasons why I haven't resubbed. I basically have to watch it on my PC which is not exactly the coziest of spots. No Playstation, no Switch, no built in TV app, means I'm less likely to watch it.

HiDive needs to get their app on my devices. It's one of the reasons why I haven't resubbed. I basically have to watch it on my PC which is not exactly the coziest of spots. No Playstation, no Switch, no built in TV app, means I'm less likely to watch it.
Oh outside of Xbox I just use the web browser version which works well enough

My backlog watching me buy new games
6bsk8u.jpg

Sigh I just can’t get into any games after TotK. I’ve tried starting 5 and I just bounce right off
Not sure if it'll work for you, but whenever I have that problem, I try something wildly different. Like, go from TOTK to a visual novel or pure turn-based RPG or something. Ghost Trick, A Space for the Unbound, Etrian Odyssey, something like that to name some releases this year.

Turns out I was making it harder by using Luigi. Mario is easier by a hair. Still took copious rewinds to get those coins

I did it, it was tortuous but I cleared and got the items in all the SMA4 E-reader levels. Even with rewind those short levels were a nightmare for the coins… tho now that I did that I have a feeling the base game will be a cake walk in comparison.
Tomorrow tho, I think I’ll see if I can get some rhythm going on FFVIII

The hype approaches

Give me Shin God Steel Jeeg with a dub! The lost Fzero GP Legend dub! Apparently Digimon is expected

F-Zero dub?
You mean the half finished one?
I only ever watched the japanese dub but the youtube channel that uploaded the whole series also had a few english episodes.

But does that mean it could get a physical release in the west?

The Slam Dunk movie was actually really good. Had my nephew and I choking up a bit. I bought volume 1 of the Japanese manga a couple of weeks ago because I'm going to get serous about learning Japanese and sports mangas are good. I also got Doraemon (which will probably be an easy read because I know I won't be reading Slam Dunk off of beginners Japanese).

So I've had a chance to take a good look at a PS5 in the wild today, and holy shit. That thing is even more humongous in person than on comparison shots.

So I've had a chance to take a good look at a PS5 in the wild today, and holy shit. That thing is even more humongous in person than on comparison shots.
I bought my PS5 used from a local store and it didn't come with a box. I went there on a bicycle and intended to carry it in my backpack, but was not prepared for the size. It did somehow fit, but I wasn't able to close the pack properly and was worried as hell that I'd break it.

To be fair though, it doesn't look that huge lying on its side on a shelf, and I think it's partially thanks to the wavy design. Maybe I'm just used to it, but I don't think it in reality looks as ugly as it does in photos either.

My YouTube home page on my TV has Pikmin 4 listed in a section called “life simulation games”

My life is a lie

Being like my father, who himself was a narcissist, and abused me.

Well, if it's any consolation,
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I struggled with exactly what fears you're describing, and I can say that the fact that you're worried about it, and that you care, says a lot of good about you.

F-Zero dub?
You mean the half finished one?
I only ever watched the japanese dub but the youtube channel that uploaded the whole series also had a few english episodes.

But does that mean it could get a physical release in the west?
FYI it didn’t show up. But a few years back someone was poking around and the dub was finished it just never aired, after the show was canned by fox(it had already finished airing in Japan at the time) the completed English dub masters got sent to Nintendo and are in their archives ever since. This is according to several of the actors btw.
A lot of shows in that era were dubbed as a set when they arrived in a single set of sessions rather than weekly. Since the whole thing arrived at once, was edited and then sent to the VA department

FYI it didn’t show up. But a few years back someone was poking around and the dub was finished it just never aired, after the show was canned by fox the completed English dub masters got sent to Nintendo and are in their archives ever since. This is according to several of the actors btw.
Yeah I've been looking into it after.
Was there any rumblings or is it just wishful thinking that it's something they would do, considering what they are doing with Digimon now and how they are also doing Sonic X?

Yeah I've been looking into it after.
Was there any rumblings or is it just wishful thinking that it's something they would do, considering what they are doing with Digimon now and how they are also doing Sonic X?
Oh modern release was wishful thinking, they’ve just been saving multiple foxbox dubs and making those connections(we also got Ultimate Muscle this year), trying to go after Kirby right back at Cha and F-Zero would be the big ones left. Discotek are amazing miracle workers/dream makers tho so you never know and they have a ton of Japanese connections at this point.

Would arguably be less work than the whole Digimon thing too

Kinda random question but what are the pro/cons of playing games from the “official” SD card? Any difference in performance vs playing from the internal storage? Or just loading times?

With EA Sports FC weighing in at 30ish GB I might have to spring for a SD card. Just curious for those who game from a SD card, if there’s any material difference than the internal storage.

Sigh I just can’t get into any games after TotK. I’ve tried starting 5 and I just bounce right off

You wake up one morning feeling gross with a headache. You can't seem to remember what happened. Then you look to your TV and see Assassins Creed Valhalla running. You begin to feeling even sicker. It's the 5th Ubisoft open world game you've played this month. You've been hopelessly going from open world game to open world game in hopes of recapturing your lingering memories of Tears of the Kingdom. You see your copy of TOTK sitting on the shelf and feel even more ashamed. How could you tarnish your memories with Link in such a way? Embarrassed, you flip the game case over, only see to Zelda looking back at you, her eyes peering into your soul. Tears begin to hit the case but they are not of the kingdom, they are of you. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry" you repeat as weep, gently rocking back and forth, game case clutched to your chest.

Just saw some kids on the street sharing joy cons and playing SMB (the NES one, not even the remake) and that made me happy 😢 the ones who weren't playing were even arguing for a turn

You wake up one morning feeling gross with a headache. You can't seem to remember what happened. Then you look to your TV and see Assassins Creed Valhalla running. You begin to feeling even sicker. It's the 5th Ubisoft open world game you've played this month. You've been hopelessly going from open world game to open world game in hopes of recapturing your lingering memories of Tears of the Kingdom. You see your copy of TOTK sitting on the shelf and feel even more ashamed. How could you tarnish your memories with Link in such a way? Embarrassed, you flip the game case over, only see to Zelda looking back at you, her eyes peering into your soul. Tears begin to hit the case but they are not of the kingdom, they are of you. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry" you repeat as weep, gently rocking back and forth, game case clutched to your chest.
This reminds me that Assassins Creed Valhalla is the only game I've ever refunded. The voice audio was so unbelievably awful that I couldn't make out a single word. Apparently most of the Assassins Creed games are like that now?

Kinda random question but what are the pro/cons of playing games from the “official” SD card? Any difference in performance vs playing from the internal storage? Or just loading times?

With EA Sports FC weighing in at 30ish GB I might have to spring for a SD card. Just curious for those who game from a SD card, if there’s any material difference than the internal storage.
At best some loading times are shorter but I don't think it's super noticeable tbh.

This reminds me that Assassins Creed Valhalla is the only game I've ever refunded. The voice audio was so unbelievably awful that I couldn't make out a single word. Apparently most of the Assassins Creed games are like that now?

Like the sound mixing was bad? The last Ass Creed game I played was Odyssey and I don't recall having any audio issues with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom