• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread | ST22 July 2023 | PIKMINVASION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smooth Criminal... "Play the part"... Dang this is a tough riddle. Closest thing I got is Sleeping Dogs but they did say they're not doing that.

GRID Legends, perhaps? It IS a pretty smooth racer after all.

iOS one is definitely Empire Total War.

They said they're not doing 2K games on Switch on twitter. Turn Me Up games is their people and they did tease future ports. Plus, Aspyr was the one who ported the new versions of Mafia.
Hmm... what about Deus Ex Human Revolution and/or Mankind Divided, then? Feral worked on those in the past, they're RPGs, so you "play a part" and they have stealth mechanics, so you can play them in a "smooth" way.

(Someone at Feral is laughing so hard at me right now, I bet)

Hmm... what about Deus Ex Human Revolution and/or Mankind Divided, then? Feral worked on those in the past, they're RPGs, so you "play a part" and they have stealth mechanics, so you can play them in a "smooth" way.

(Someone at Feral is laughing at me so hard right now, I bet)
Apparently "now you've got to play the part" thing is a lyric from a 80s christian song "I Want to be a Clone" by Steve Taylor. Do Deus Ex games involve anything about cloning? Not that I know of. None of the games Feral did do.

And then there's Smooth Criminal...

So how’s that “partnership has never been stronger” going for you Jim Ryan?

wtf, me procrastinating on upgrading to the paid version of FFXIV means I get to play Stormblood for free.

This is awesome
I’m salty I played so little that I only got through one or two dungeons before noping out, but my account was alive long enough to trigger a month or two of subscription fees. So I pretty much have to make a new account if I want to give it another try.

Maybe they're remaking Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.
😬

Watched the FFXIV fanfest keynote earlier and think the best thing from it was that you'll be able to apply two dyes to gear pieces. Could be a game changer my god.

Not even kidding.

sucks.

But I’m finding Resident Evil Remake 4 disappointing. Obviously, no fault to the game. But the original being one of my favorites, I just don’t like how it plays.

Only a couple hours in. So we’ll see how it ends up. If I decide to actually finish it.

Aha! The plot thickens!

(meanwhile, the people at Feral are probably like "We were just going to announce a rhythm game! What the hell is all this nonsense?!)
Well... there's a karaoke rhythm mini game in Sleeping Dogs. It got "Can't Fight This feeling" by REO Speedwagon but not "Smooth Criminal"....

Aha! The plot thickens!

(meanwhile, the people at Feral are probably like "We were just going to announce a rhythm game! What the hell is all this nonsense?!)
Feral seeing how the people thinks that their port of Michael Jackson The Experiencie is a port of the mafia and Deus ex games

wtf-meme-e1546574956270.jpeg

God, I would LOVE Sleeping Dogs on Switch, fantastic game that.

Could be Hitman? Smooth Criminal and I Want to be a Clone could be hints towards Agent 47. Maybe a port of the new version of the game with all maps etc.

God, I would LOVE Sleeping Dogs on Switch, fantastic game that.

Could be Hitman? Smooth Criminal and I Want to be a Clone could be hints towards Agent 47. Maybe a port of the new version of the game with all maps etc.
It seems it is Deus Ex Mankind Divided:

michael-jackson-smooth-criminal.gif

e3jvsto01ue51.gif

Apparently the 100% working pool table in Mankind Divided was pretty famous. MD is the direct sequel to HR, so I don't think they'd release just the sequel. This got to be a collection of some sorts.

But if they do Deus Ex games, Sleeping Dogs should not be far away.

e3jvsto01ue51.gif

Apparently the 100% working pool table in Mankind Divided was pretty famous. MD is the direct sequel to HR, so I don't think they'd release just the sequel. This got to be a collection of some sorts.

Oh nice, these were games I was keen to try so I’ll pick up a collection of them for sure

e3jvsto01ue51.gif

Maybe is a deus ex collection with HR and MD

The only thing that makes me sad is that Feral Interactive doesn't seem to publish any of its games in physical format... for now.

Final Fantasy XIV Trailer: Summer is sunny, bright, fun! Come on outside to travel through the lush jungles and scenic beaches!

Real life: It's 95 degrees out at 7pm. Feel your skin instantly getting sunburned. You like bugs and allergies? We got plenty of those. You like the feeling of being sticky all the time? Have some humidity. Oh and there might be a flash thunderstorm that might give you a little relief but you'll feel even more gross afterwards.

Real life: It's 95 degrees out at 7pm. Feel your skin instantly getting sunburned. You like bugs and allergies? We got plenty of those. You like the feeling of being sticky all the time? Have some humidity. Oh and there might be a flash thunderstorm that might give you a little relief but you'll feel even more gross afterwards.
My neck of the woods the other night:
0zS8p5l.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV Trailer: Summer is sunny, bright, fun! Come on outside to travel through the lush jungles and scenic beaches!

Congrats on living with me in the American South (southeast Texas sucks)

video game jungles: beautiful and mysterious yet forbidding, secrets everywhere and great treasures hiding at every step.
irl jungles: malaria

Arizona is fun 🫠
I actually do quite like the Flagstaff area. Nobody expects "bigass forest" when they enter Arizona.

We need more see through consoles, not sure who console makers are rebelling against by not providing the undeniable best
Thank goodness for aftermarket shell manufacturers (which is who I'll be going to if Switch 2 doesn't launch with any interesting colors because I think I'm really really ready for an atomic purple Switch)

Thoughts on Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

-Dr. Gero fucks
-They should have cut out that whole training segment with Goku and Vegeta. Complete filler
-It was nice seeing Piccolo take the leading role
-I don't know if Toriyama was an ass man before but he is certainly an ass man now
-It was nice that they acknowledge that Gohan has done nothing since the Cell Saga and worked that into the story. This movie did a decent job at rehabilitating his characterization
-They still need to fix Videl's characterization. Her older version was cooler in Dragon Ball GT

Also when are we getting the Megaton Musashi Wired deets Level-5! And the anime in English would be nice

Finished Ys IX. I loved it, and I’m definitely looking forward to Ys X, hopefully next year. I’ll probably have to replay them all before then. Next up, I’m restarting Trails in the Sky after getting toward the end of SC a couple years ago. I’ll be playing them on Steam Deck so I can actually suspend them when I need to take a break during a cutscene. I also might restart NieR Automata since I’m still kind of in the mood for ARPGs.

I actually do quite like the Flagstaff area. Nobody expects "bigass forest" when they enter Arizona.

Thank goodness for aftermarket shell manufacturers (which is who I'll be going to if Switch 2 doesn't launch with any interesting colors because I think I'm really really ready for an atomic purple Switch)
I'd go for atomic purple if offered but if I had to do it myself I'd go for crystal green, I was suitably envious (heh) over my friend's n64

I'd go for atomic purple if offered but if I had to do it myself I'd go for crystal green, I was suitably envious (heh) over my friend's n64
Crystal green is nice, and generally I would go after a rich green or blue but there's just something about atomic purple that feels so Nintendo. If that makes sense.

I've helped cover Arizona a few times for work (mostly the Phoenix area) and a few years ago I did two solid weeks in July, and I think it was literally 115 degrees or higher every single day.

...I don't miss doing that
Yep, that's Phoenix alright. The high has not been below 110f for about two weeks now.

e3jvsto01ue51.gif

This would be crazy to me. I loved Mankind Divided, it and Batman Arkham Knight are two of my favourite last gen games. Having those on Switch would make the library almost flawless for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom