• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Live from the internet, Famiboards proudly presents the Nintendo General Discussion Thread:
Opinions-augusta-pmymzab6h28f40py4dvmac40y4mzmpkk62nqw27qeo.jpg

As the frost of father winter thaws away, it brings new life to us all. The grass begins to grow once again. The green returns to the trees. The flowers bloom to their beautiful colors. The animals who left before the first snow begin to return. As Spring allows all of that to enter, a new hope arrives. A chance to make new memories. A chance to start anew. A chance to accomplish goals once thought impossible.

What is a General Discussion Thread?
It is the thread that wonderful community was originally founded on. While it is first and foremost a place for Nintendo discussion, any and all chatter is allowed here. If you want to talk about video games, you are in the right place. If you want to take shots at the Spanish when Chelsea defeats Real Madrid later this month, you are in the right place. If you want to post random tweets, providing that they fall within the site guidelines, you are in the right place. This is the thread for all of us as we see fit.

Notable April Releases
Z1cZ2AsD.jpg
MYM_keyart_video_poster_ee16106fd7.jpg
PGA_Announce2_16x9.jpg

Hello-Kitty-and-Friends-Happiness-Parade_2023_03-30-23_012.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
capsule_616x353.jpg

be89eb9c1c6a57cf58e8d14b03d26b4c42d988e02c082fd0fe368417c43b959e
71ElgPtHAES._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
capsule_616x353.jpg
Atari Mania (PS4, PS5) - April 4
Creed: Rise to Glory - Championship Edition (PSVR 2) - April 4
GrimGrimoire OnceMore (PS5, PS4, Switch) - April 4
Meet Your Maker (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC) - April 4
Moviehouse - The Film Studio Tycoon (PC) - April 5
Curse of the Sea Rats (Switch, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC) - April 6
Everspace 2 (PC) - April 6
EA Sports PGA Tour 2023 (PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC) - April 7
Process of Elimination (PS4, Switch) - April 11
Rendezvous (PC) - April 11
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC) - April 11
Tron Identity (Switch, PC) - April 11
Ghostwire: Tokyo (Xbox Series X|S) - April 12
Rusted Moss (PC) - April 12
WarTales (PC) - April 12
Wildfrost (Switch, PC) - April 12
Beyond the Long Flight (PC) - April 13
Hello Kitty and Friends: Happiness Parade (Switch) - April 13
Shardpunk: Verminfall (PC) - April 13Voodolls (PC) - April 13
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection (Switch, PS4, PC) - April 14
Disney Speedstorm (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, all early access) - April 18
God of Rock (PC, Switch, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One) - April 18
Minecraft Legends (Switch, PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) - April 18
Puzzle Quest 3 (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4) - April 18
The Mageseeker: A League of Legends Story (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PC) - April 18
Survival: Fountain of Youth (PC early access) - April 19
Amid Evil VR (Quest, PC VR) - April 20
Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus and Butterfly (PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PC) - April 20
Greedventory (PC) - April 20
Molly Medusa (Switch) - April 20
Stray Blade (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X|S) - April 20
Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp (Switch) - April 21
Dead Island 2 (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC) - April 21
R-Type Final 3 Evolved (PS5) - April 25
ArcRunner (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC) - April 27
Live a Live (PS5, PS4, PC) - April 27
Mail Time (PC, PS5, PS4, Switch) - April 27
Omega Strikers (PC, Switch, Mobile) - April 27
The Last Case of Benedict Fox (Xbox Series X|S, PC) - April 27
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC) - April 28

April NSO Updates
330px-Pokemonstadiumbox.jpg

April Questions of the Week
These will be fun discussion points for us to talk about as the month goes on.

April 3rd- [Redacted]
April 10th- [Redacted]
April 17th- [Redacted]
April 24th- [Redacted]

Previous General Discussion STs:​

|ST Oct 2021| by @mazi
|ST2 Nov 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or… by @Derachi
|ST3 Dec 2021| Topical Threes by @Suswave
|ST4 Jan 2022| Resurrections by @Skittzo
|ST5 Feb 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3 by @Dardan Sandiego
|ST6 Mar 2022| Marchful Mode by @EvilChameleon
|ST7 Apr 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel by @EvilChameleon
|ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8 by @Barely Able
|ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer! by @Irene
|ST10 July 2022| Julyve A Live by @Plum
|ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody’s 11-12 Discussion Thread by @Legion of Primes
|ST12 Sept 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03 by @xghost777
|ST13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary! by @hologram
|ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear by @bellydrum
|ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami by @Red Monster
|ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning by @chocolate_supra
|ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe by @SammyJ9
|ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month by @Brofield

Upcoming General Discussion ST claims:​

ST20 May 2023 @Irene (Open to collaboration; DM for more info for TotK month!)
ST21 June 2023 @Party Sklar
ST22 July 2023 unclaimed
ST23 August 2023 unclaimed
ST24 September 2023 @Barely Able
ST25 October 2023 @VolcanicDynamo (or a month when a potential 3D Mario is announced)
ST26 November 2023 unclaimed
ST27 December 2023 unclaimed

Last edited:
On second thought, perhaps we should stick with the normal direction.

I'm keeping this avatar on for a little while longer.

What happened? It feels like I've just woken up from a 24 hour dream with Sonic and Yuji Naka.

Am...am I back? I think I'm back! Oh thank goodness, I'm finally home! I had the weirdest day. I was like...in this SEGA universe. Nintendo dropped out of the console business, and SEGA was on top, and it was all sorts of wrong...Ah, I missed you, ST thread smell!

Great ST this month, @Josh5890!

Shouldn’t we just have renamed the other one XD
Also bringing this here and resuming the name/how many do you recognize that mech challenge before I can’t
Since my original post was in the last couple pages of the now locked unquotable old OT, behold my dreaded (kit) backlog

IMG_6626.jpg

But for fun let’s add a twist: how many of these do you actually recognize! I do have one from Sega’s premier fantasy VN tactics series here

Great ST Josh! Most excited for Advance Wars this month. Also looking forward to GrimGrimoire and Star Wars. Only one month to go for Zelda!!

Phew. I managed to escape, the All-Out Attack left me with a sliver of health and then I ran off when they tried to offer me some macca to join them or something. Suckers.

Shouldn’t we just have renamed the other one XD
Also bringing this here and resuming the name/how many do you recognize that mech challenge before I can’t

Tbh I thought the title of the other thread would just get changed, but this works too.

My reasoning was that I figured it would be cool to keep the Segaboards thread separate as a time capsule of the April Fool's Day.

Happy April fellow hominids!
Finally, it's that time of year again where I can venture into the sun again without bathing in sunscreen or being burning like a grass type Pokemon on the surface of the planet Mercury.
Soon it will be the Australian winter, where temperatures plummet so low that the asphalt on the road is no longer molten and you can't even cook an egg on it any more.

I still think that bit at the end of Skyward Sword is what inspired KT to make Hyrule Warriors

RE4 is one of my favorite game of all time.

I thought for sure by release date I’ll just buy the remake cause it’s based off R4.

But nah. I had no desire to play and even now don’t care for it. Only remember it existed cause of Ada’s voice actress is getting some nasty comments from losers. Hope she’s okay, and mentally as well. it sucks to read what’s happening.

And that’s Skyward Sword HD finished. Up next I’d BotW Master Mode! Got about 6 weeks to do this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom