• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
April 3rd Question of the Week
  • Question of the week

What was the first Mario game that you ever played?

This week we finally see the Mario film get a release! For the vast majority us, Mario has played some sort of a roll in our video game lives. Whether you have played one game or fifty, it is almost impossible to play video games for long enough and not run into Mario.

My answer: Super Mario Bros

World_1-1_Super_Mario_Bros.png

I have said it before, This is literally the first memory that I have in my life. I was two at best. I didn't know my numbers or the alphabet, but that blue screen burned a hole into my brain and it never left. This may not have been the game that hooked me for life, but it certainly started that path for me.

So what say you, Fami?

April 10th Question of the Week
  • Question of the week

The Mario film just came out and it was a rousing success.
    What is your dream Video Game IP film?

At this point, it is clear that the Super Mario Bros Movie is a run away success, reviewers be damned. The sky is the limit for where things could go at this point for Nintendo and everyone else. So I want to know, what is your dream video game film? I don't want to hear what is only possible. I don't want to hear about what is feasible or realistic. I am giving out a blank check here. You can get anything made with it. What are you asking for?

My dream film: Star Fox. Yes, I know I am a big Star Fox fan so it shouldn't be a surprise, but we need more Star Fox in our lives. Give me an animated Star Fox film already!

So what say you Fami?

April 17th Question of the Week
  • What is your dream/most wanted retro game collection port or remake?

6e1687f941dc6dc7cbb2bf6afb7cf8ed8c6373377bdb0c31b3de95353bd103f4
    final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-cjx9496cw.jpg
    Advance_wars_00mLeMK.jpg

Within a 7 day period, we are getting these three collections! I have always been a big supporter of making classic games available on modern consoles. There are so many great games that are locked on past hardware, but they are still just as playable in 2023. We are in an age where just about any collection of games is possible. Heck, if we can get all of the classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle games, then anything is possible. So I ask you Fami, what is that dream collection that you are dying to play on Switch?

April 24th Question of the Week
  • What is your Favorite Star Wars Video Game?

sw-jedi-survivor-key-art-1080x1080_c38222d5.jpeg

This week marks the release of the highly anticipated game Jedi Survivor. Star Wars games have been around almost since the birth of modern video games. Throughout the years there have been some very memorable (and not so memorable) games. The franchise really exploded in popularity when the prequels started to drop. I think there was 51 or so games that released between The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. We have also seen Star Wars characters as guests in other games. Soul Calibur V anyone? So I ask you Fami, what is your favorite Star Wars game?

And may the force be with you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Back
    Top Bottom