• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I want a new Switch to play RE4mastered Mercenaries on the go.
Me too! Mercenaries on 3DS was a blast to play, despite the fact that Capcom made us pay a full $40 price for it. Ah well, I'm used to getting robbed by Capcom.

So how's Sony's "build cinematic games to turn into movies" strategy working out for them?

EDIT: Random thought seeing the Dread Amiibo two-pack going for $5... TotK only has a Link amiibo right? BotW had a bunch of Amiibos available. I'm wondering if there's more they haven't revealed or if Nintendo is really starting to wind down the Amiibo project.

Last edited:
drumroll-pirate.gif

I think you understand that you deserved this gif this time. :]

I'm feeling gameboy/color games myself; I just hope I can play Pokemon TCG sooner rather than later.

I feel like we are getting a Genesis update next week. Just a gut feeling.

Base tier just had an update recently. If anything NSO is happening it’s going to be for the XP tier.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and suggest Ura Zelda for the JP N64 service.

Base tier just had an update recently. If anything NSO is happening it’s going to be for the XP tier.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and suggest Ura Zelda for the JP N64 service.
Wasn't Pokemon Stadium last week? That's why I thought GB games

Genesis I could see being next week, though

Wasn't Pokemon Stadium last week? That's why I thought GB games

Genesis I could see being next week, though
Argh, you’re right! My bad.

Double my bad: Ura Zelda apparently was cancelled. I am wondering if they could put the OoT Master Quest up on the service though 🤔

April 17th Question of the Week
What is your dream/most wanted retro game collection port or remake?

6e1687f941dc6dc7cbb2bf6afb7cf8ed8c6373377bdb0c31b3de95353bd103f4
final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-cjx9496cw.jpg
Advance_wars_00mLeMK.jpg

Within a 7 day period, we are getting these three collections! I have always been a big supporter of making classic games available on modern consoles. There are so many great games that are locked on past hardware, but they are still just as playable in 2023. We are in an age where just about any collection of games is possible. Heck, if we can get all of the classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle games, then anything is possible. So I ask you Fami, what is that dream collection that you are dying to play on Switch?

Argh, you’re right! My bad.

Double my bad: Ura Zelda apparently was cancelled. I am wondering if they could put the OoT Master Quest up on the service though 🤔
No stress! It's Monday, and some of aren't nearly caffeinated yet 😋

Advance_wars_00mLeMK.jpg

Within a 7 day period, we are getting these three collections! I have always been a big supporter of making classic games available on modern consoles. There are so many great games that are locked on past hardware, but they are still just as playable in 2023. We are in an age where just about any collection of games is possible. Heck, if we can get all of the classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle games, then anything is possible. So I ask you Fami, what is that dream collection that you are dying to play on Switch?
God this is a genuinely tough question.

I mean, there are a number of Gamecube games I would LOVE to see brought back to life after so many years if not decades of dormancy, but for a collection of older games that are typically pixel art...

God, it's gonna be obscure as shit and I don't think it'll hold up nearly as well as I think it will, but the trilogy of licensed Jurassic Park 3 games on GBA have a special fondness in my heart (even if I only owned Park Builder and rented the other two from Blockbuster back in the day)

14171_front.jpg
14160_front.jpg
14174_front.jpg

Last edited:

Advance_wars_00mLeMK.jpg

I spend every night dreaming of Viewtiful Joe and I spend every morning screaming that it will never be.

Advance_wars_00mLeMK.jpg

81RUeIjPdlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Even without MGS4 (which I doubt is ever getting a port to anything else), the MGS series playable on Switch would be amazing. If they bundled in all the VR Missions then it'd be even better.

Advance_wars_00mLeMK.jpg

some series i've always sort of wanted to play but never got around to and now it just kinda feels dated visually and kills my interest

there's not really any specific "dream" there but the upcoming Suikoden 1+2 remaster does fit that description pretty well

Advance_wars_00mLeMK.jpg

downloadwyfxr.jpeg

Not sure why they’re doing this with a 9 hr long game but sure I’m in to finally beat this one XD

Advance_wars_00mLeMK.jpg

Power Stone/Capcom early 3D fighters collection, Ace Combat ps2 trilogy, and Another Century’s episode trilogy would definitely be way up there for me. Oh and Cybuster series or SRWOG

Advance_wars_00mLeMK.jpg

ShadowHearts.jpg
51XFV04N9VL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
51MVXV3QQ6L.jpg

And...

220px-Xenosaga1box.jpg
Xenosaga_Episode_II_-_Jenseits_von_Gut_und_Bose_Coverart.png
Xeno3boxart.jpg

Easiest question ever

SQ_N64_SinAndPunishment_image500w.jpg
SQ_Wii_SinAndPunishmentSuccessorOfTheSkies_image500w.jpg

The original on NSO is technically fine but I'd love to have modern versions of two of my favourite games of all time, preferably rebalanced for gyro-aiming.
And this. Maybe this more than the above ones.

The good news, my new PC is able to load all 170 different enemy types in my game in one scene without any difficulty unlike my old PC.

The bad news, it's almost impossible to make a 2 and a half minute gif. Oh well, here's a taste:

Untitled_video_-_Made_with_Clipchamp_1.gif

The worse news is that this made it to the bottom of the page. 😩

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom