• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pikmin's not that difficult. As long as you get at least 1 Part a day, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

I had to use up a day to go back to The Impact Site to get more Blue Pikmin to get a Part in the Forest of Hope, but I still have more Parts than days.

I really want to hope and believe in Gamecube remasters. At least Metroid Prime Remastered is a good sign in the right direction (and so far the only that isn't hamstrung by a six month sales window for some arbitrary reason).

I just wish they were at a more steady pace because damn it's gonna take forever for them to otherwise acknowledge Custom Robo or Chibi Robo

I really want to hope and believe in Gamecube remasters. At least Metroid Prime Remastered is a good sign in the right direction (and so far the only that isn't hamstrung by a six month sales window for some arbitrary reason).

I just wish they were at a more steady pace because damn it's gonna take forever for them to otherwise acknowledge Custom Robo or Chibi Robo
There's no guarantee they will acknowledge those no matter the pace :(

I find the TTYD rumour to be somewhat believable. I don't think the next new PM is imminent and it lines up with other rumours about GC remasters being on the way. Regarding the fears of it being butchered as a fan of the original game I'm not too worried. Looking at the fairly recent Mario & Luigi games on the 3DS we still got Prince Peasley, Cackletta, Fawful, Midbus etc. Sure there were some odd changes to the NPCs and very, very few regular enemies but I wouldn't say they ruined either game, far from it. So the fears that Lord Crump, Rawk Hawk and the like will be removed are jumping the gun I think. If this TTYD remaster is the same just looking like a Switch game rather than a 3DS game I think it'll be well worth it.

I find the TTYD rumour to be somewhat believable. I don't think the next new PM is imminent and it lines up with other rumours about GC remasters being on the way. Regarding the fears of it being butchered as a fan of the original game I'm not too worried. Looking at the fairly recent Mario & Luigi games on the 3DS we still got Prince Peasley, Cackletta, Fawful, Midbus etc. Sure there were some odd changes to the NPCs and very, very few regular enemies but I wouldn't say they ruined either game, far from it. So the fears that Lord Crump, Rawk Hawk and the like will be removed are jumping the gun I think. If this TTYD remaster is the same just looking like a Switch game rather than a 3DS game I think it'll be well worth it.
bowsers inside story 3ds kept all of its designs

I think a TTYD remaster makes a lot of sense, honestly. I think a game that is, primarily, 2D texture assets would be somewhat easier than most other types of games to remaster, plus I think Paper Mario is a franchise that could use a li’l good-will boost among fans (even though I think Origami King ruled)

I think a TTYD remaster makes a lot of sense, honestly. I think a game that is, primarily, 2D texture assets would be somewhat easier than most other types of games to remaster, plus I think Paper Mario is a franchise that could use a li’l good-will boost among fans (even though I think Origami King ruled)
if we get a TTYD release, does that imply they are returning to the RPG style and preparing people for it?

Only GameCube game I want a remaster of:
GiFTPiA_Coverart.png

They robbed us the localization of this game. They owe us a western release!

(I also want Chibi-Robo too btw)

if we get a TTYD release, does that imply they are returning to the RPG style and preparing people for it?
I don’t think that’s a surefire bet or anything. A remaster doesn’t necessarily mean a going-forward return-to-form. It could simply be a relatively inexpensive release-schedule filler title. I think, if it blows sales expectations out of the water, they’d revisit some ideas from it in a future title, but I wouldn’t take it as a complete about-face.

I don’t think that’s a surefire bet or anything. A remaster doesn’t necessarily mean a going-forward return-to-form. It could simply be a relatively inexpensive release-schedule filler title. I think, if it blows sales expectations out of the water, they’d revisit some ideas from it in a future title, but I wouldn’t take it as a complete about-face.
I mean I played Origami King til beating the final boss and enjoyed a chunk of my time with it. I don't deny the game has flaws in its battle system but it has charm. It would be just good if we didn't have such discourse around the series anymore. The best way to do that is going back to the full-on RPG formula (you can also do a full-on action game but that would divide too I'm sure).

TTYD and Skies of Arcadia rumors plus Baiten Kaitos remasters in the same year (let’s ignore the terrible ToS remaster)? Sign me up for the GameCube RPG goodness

Throwing this out there just because I'm thinking of it, but is Pokemon Scarlet and Violet sure for another patch sometime soon? V1.2.0 only came out two months ago and I still feel there are several glitches that need to be ironed out still

Fake edit: Quick Google search and... https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...-update-to-be-distributed-by-the-end-of-april

So with the current Typhlosion 7 star raid taking over this weekend and next, looks like the Walking Wake/Iron Leaves raids are coming back as early as the 28th with the next patch

Assuming GX and Paper Mario happen, I'd be a little suspicious of Nintendo doing 3 GC remasters in one year, but it seems Metroid Prime might have been planned for 2022 at one point, and I guess the other point is they're all very different franchises and very different genres.

Makes me wonder what else, other than Pikmin 4 and a couple of remasters, will come in the second half. 2D Mario, something from NdCube, and something from EPD 4, mayhap.

Odama when?
After they mandate the NSO phone app for voice commands via microphone

monkeys-paw-paw.gif

Assuming GX and Paper Mario happen, I'd be a little suspicious of Nintendo doing 3 GC remasters in one year, but it seems Metroid Prime might have been planned for 2022 at one point, and I guess the other point is they're all very different franchises and very different genres.

Makes me wonder what else, other than Pikmin 4 and a couple of remasters, will come in the second half. 2D Mario, something from NdCube, and something from EPD 4, mayhap.
I want to hope that with Pikmin 3 Deluxe and 4, they'll probably want to bring back Pikmin and Pikmin 2 on Switch before the end of 2025 I imagine

Edit: Uhh uhh shit I misread your original question uhhhhhhhhhh FIRE EMBLEM H2 2023 probably would be my luck the game franchise I care so little for to be the tentpole for the rest of the year

April 10th Question of the Week
Question of the week

The Mario film just came out and it was a rousing success.
What is your dream Video Game IP film?

At this point, it is clear that the Super Mario Bros Movie is a run away success, reviewers be damned. The sky is the limit for where things could go at this point for Nintendo and everyone else. So I want to know, what is your dream video game film? I don't want to hear what is only possible. I don't want to hear about what is feasible or realistic. I am giving out a blank check here. You can get anything made with it. What are you asking for?

My dream film: Star Fox. Yes, I know I am a big Star Fox fan so it shouldn't be a surprise, but we need more Star Fox in our lives. Give me an animated Star Fox film already!

So what say you Fami?

Hey Fami! Hope everyone had a great Mario Movie/Easter/Early-April Weekend. My weekend was busy, but it was pretty great.

I took most of Friday off because I had a couple of friends coming to town. That evening, we joined up with more friends for dinner/drinks and The Super Mario Bros. Movie at an Alamo Draft House. Ahead of the movie, they played a bunch of Mario content (stuff like past Japanese and US Mario game/product commercials) which was fun. The movie itself, was an absolute delight. Everything everyone had said about it, glowing or not, is probably right and/or fair, but in that 90 minutes, none of that mattered. I don’t really have the words to describe it, but it was a fantastic experience for me, the people I was with, and seemingly most of the people in the theater. I’d say my biggest complaint is that I want more. The movie clipped along at an almost too-brisk pace. On the flip-side, at times, the fast pace did help tap into and provoke that inner “Mario” inside of me (to riff off a recent Miyamoto quote.) I mean, I can’t be the only one who could almost feel like I was tapping and holding R in some of the Mario Kart sections, right?! Anyway, great movie. The characterizations were overall excellent and the voice cast, after all of the debate, ended up being a huge asset, in my opinion. Only Fred Armisen threw me off, but I guess I can roll with it.

Also great job and congratulations to Nintendo, Illumination, Miyamoto, Chris-san and everyone else involved on the massive opening weekend. I feel I’m in great company knowing so many others flocked to the theaters for something that has been a cornerstone in my life for 30-some years.

To wrap up my weekend, on Saturday I went to a King Princess/The Strokes/Chili Peppers show with some of those same friends (one is a huge RHCP guy) which was fun; and on Sunday, me and a buddy had ballpark-access tickets to a game. They lost, but we had a great time walking around, watching the game, and playing some Pokémon Go/Pikmin Bloom. It finally felt like Spring!

Sprinkle in some breweries, golden lures/coin bags, petal planting/mushroom challenges, etc… throughout the 3-day weekend, and it made for an incredibly enjoyable time in my life. Just like I’ll never forget going to the theater with my dad and sister to see Super Mario Bros. ‘93, I doubt I’ll ever forget opening weekend of The Super Mario Bros. Movie.

Last edited:
Good evening Fami, hope you all are having a brilliant day : )

I usually don’t do this, as I don’t like attention. And I hope even after this we will focus on the game, not me.

As some of you know, I do hobby journalism behind the scenes and research various things for fun. Some accurate Nintendo rumors that were reported by YouTubers and other sites in the past partially were based on my research. As I said, I don’t like attention and thus always asked everyone to keep me private, which I intend to continue remain private in those stories.

However, now I have something super excited that I’m aware of. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door Remaster is finally happening and coming out soon!

I have been in touch with 3 sources with this. One of them redirected to me to the third source, who I hadn’t interacted before so it was just me cold messaging them on LinkedIn. Because this third source wouldn’t acknowledge the release date I had heard from the previous two sources, I’ll just leave it as “coming soon.”

I informed both @NintendoPrime and @NateDrake about this privately. There’s one more person I have informed, but they wish to remain anonymous.

I personally had always wished for TTYD remaster. I never played it on GCN so I’m over the moon excited to finally play it on Switch soon.
Can confirm he reached out to me and showed me "proof". Nothing more to say than that. Haven't heard it from anywhere else. But because he went public other sites have covered it so I will probably cover it as part of a larger video, but I personally don't have any knowledge other than stuff he showed me.

So let's go through these remasters/remake/new game rumours, shall we?

Metroid Prime: Remastered (CONFIRMED)
F-Zero GX (Nothing so far, but with the GameCube remaster thing, I can definitely see it coming sooner rather than later)
Kid Icarus: Uprising (Sakurai's hinted at it)
Golden Sun Remake (With Golden Sun coming to NSO, I kinda doubt this now. Not ruling it out entirely, but I doubt it's happening any time soon HD-2D pls)
New Star Fox (This is one of the rumours that doesn't have a lot of info on it. I guess we just gotta wait for more.)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Similar to F-Zero GX. Since we know GameCube remasters are coming, I can see this happening sooner rather than later)
New Donkey Kong (Okay, seriously, how much longer are you gonna hold off on this, Nintendo? It's one of the worst kept secrets in the gaming industry at this point)
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War Remake (I'm not holding much hope for it coming in the Switch's lifetime now. Maybe next console)
New 2D Mario (I have no idea what's gonna happen with this, if it happens at all during the Switch's life. Again, could be a next console thing)

Those are all the Nintendo based things that have been prominent in the rumour mill. I'm not an insider, so idk what's going on. Feel free to give your own thoughts.

I usually don’t do this, as I don’t like attention. And I hope even after this we will focus on the game, not me.

As some of you know, I do hobby journalism behind the scenes and research various things for fun. Some accurate Nintendo rumors that were reported by YouTubers and other sites in the past partially were based on my research. As I said, I don’t like attention and thus always asked everyone to keep me private, which I intend to continue remain private in those stories.

However, now I have something super excited that I’m aware of. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door Remaster is finally happening and coming out soon!

I have been in touch with 3 sources with this. One of them redirected to me to the third source, who I hadn’t interacted before so it was just me cold messaging them on LinkedIn. Because this third source wouldn’t acknowledge the release date I had heard from the previous two sources, I’ll just leave it as “coming soon.”

I informed both @NintendoPrime and @NateDrake about this privately. There’s one more person I have informed, but they wish to remain anonymous.

I personally had always wished for TTYD remaster. I never played it on GCN so I’m over the moon excited to finally play it on Switch soon.

Looks like your post here in slowly starting to make the rounds :)

Where’s the Paper Mario TTYD rumor? I called it saying the next paper Mario game will be a remaster/ake of TTYD!
About a page back

The vouchers are valid for 12 months! As for the games you would’ve missed in the last few years, I’d recommend (limiting the list to Switch exclusives so it’s not too long):

• Paper Mario: The Origami King (if you can forgive the fact that it’s not a RPG, just a very well-written and fun adventure game)
  • No More Heroes III (the three games are on Switch if you want)
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
  • Metroid Dread
  • Monster Hunter Rise
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
  • Live A Live
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (the only port I’m putting in this list, just to say that if you haven’t played it it’s an incredible game and it runs better on Switch that on PS4)
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Triangle Strategy

Thank you! This helps a lot :)

Why is it I have to find out from ResetEra about a rumor from here? Like how would I ever know about the rumors from here if I don’t visit this topic?
Which is why I think closing the Direct Speculation thread after a Direct happens is a mistake, as rumors can occur at any time.

They could rename it to something generic like Nintendo Speculation, but we do need a thread like that all year. Especially now that Switch 2 is reportedly a year away at worst.

How soon can Paper Mario come I wonder? If they do a June direct then I’d say it’ll be out august the latest
August to early September would be my guess for a release window. You have to wonder how much Nintendo have left for this fiscal year, and how they'll pace things depending on new hardware's launch timing.

Which is why I think closing the Direct Speculation thread after a Direct happens is a mistake, as rumors can occur at any time.

They could rename it to something generic like Nintendo Speculation, but we do need a thread like that all year. Especially now that Switch 2 is reportedly a year away at worst.
Same, speculating on Nintendo’s lineup is something I love doing year round, this thread veers way off topic to the point where I feel like I’m kinda killing the mood here when I bring actual Nintendo stuff up sometimes lol

Honestly I'd rather have a Paper Mario 64 remaster/remake before a TTYD one, it needs it the most. Skipping the first game in favor of the second is a very Silent Hill 2-esque move, and it would leave me scratching my head for sure.

The Direct Speculation thread is for Direct speculation. It's not a random rumors thread. We don't need a rumors thread because the majority of it is bullshit anyway. This is the general Nintendo thread where people can post news, articles, opinions, and yes, rumors. This thread is meant for people to post stuff without having to create a brand new thread for every little thing.

I agree I wish we had a topic like that because rumors are year round. They never stop and plenty of us like discussing these things.

Is this where I tell people I want a Star Fox Assault remaster with online play?
you can have that
As long as I get my Star Fox Adventures Deluxe remaster with proper General Scales fight and some sort of area expansion/collectible thing to do because the game is so fricking linear it's insane

My main question with a TTYD remaster is how will they choose to handle Vivian as a trans woman? I wouldn't say that the original Japanese or most localizations handle her gender with the most care (the closest comes in the Italian version), and the English and German versions choose not to tackle it at all. TCRF has some of the translations, you can see for yourself. Does this receive a revamp, let alone a relocalization?

I hope not. The Origami King was best when it was an adventure game and not trying to still do RPG-style battles (though the boss battles were probably the best implementation of the newer style of combat given they used unique context for each one.) As fun as the badge system is, I think they should just go full into the adventure format style. It's clear that they have ideas on adventure given that many battle aren't even turn-based and the dungeon design featuring puzzles.

I think the best thing to do is to make a thread to 'present' leaks, and another thread for 'discussing' those leaks. Makes it more organised.
It's easier to combine them and threadmark new leaks that come out, barring the possibility if threadmarks are limited in quantity per thread? (I don't know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom