• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread | ST22 July 2023 | PIKMINVASION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to tackle my post-Zelda depression with some Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes (Xenoblade 3 cut my playthrough last year), some Great Ace Attorney, and maybe some Octopath II.

Ghost Trick or Master Detective Archives, who you with?
Well, I’ve had ghost trick on my phone for a while and I’m up to the submarine kidnapping so I may try to finish it this weekend if I’m in the mood. Raincode is on my interested list but it’s more a genre I like digitally so I may wait for a sale. Plus I have AI Somnium files 1/2 and Danganronpa 2/3 in the backlog already

Please avoid using derogatory language like "braindead" to describe artists, as this lacks empathy and nuance for those who must rely on Twitter to make a living. - VolcanicDynamo, Josh5890, xghost777, MondoMega
Nintendo and other companies were really stupid not trying to migrate away from Twitter when it became clear that Musk didn't know how to maintain a social media site and that Musk was horrible bigot.

This whole thing has made me think that most marketing teams at major corps are not only evil, but extremely cowardly and totally incompetent.

Anyway, hopefully everyone involved with the decision to keep Nintendo reliant on Twitter gets fired next week. No courage, no brains, nothing worth keeping.

The artists etc who stayed on Twitter also seem pretty braindead. Love to stay on what has turned into 8chan until it literally breaks.

Last edited:
Nintendo and other companies were really stupid not trying to migrate away from Twitter when it became clear that Musk didn't know how to maintain a social media site and that Musk was horrible bigot.

This whole thing has made me think that most marketing teams at major corps are not only evil, but extremely cowardly and totally incompetent.

Anyway, hopefully everyone involved with the decision to keep Nintendo reliant on Twitter gets fired next week. No courage, no brains, nothing worth keeping.

The artists etc who stayed on Twitter also seem pretty braindead.
I just checked, and their main social media is Twitter. Twitter is usually used to divert traffic from one social media to another, but seems hardcore gamers are in Twitter, I understand why Nintendo would move their stuff more over there. Facebook is full of 30, 35+ year olds. We can make the argument of parents, but they already reach that demographic via ads in YouTube and ads that reach children

They definitely should make a tiktok account, tho.

I just checked, and their main social media is Twitter. Twitter is usually used to divert traffic from one social media to another, but seems hardcore gamers are in Twitter, I understand why Nintendo would move their stuff more over there. Facebook is full of 30, 35+ year olds. We can make the argument of parents, but they already reach that demographic via ads in YouTube and ads that reach children

Cool, but Twitter is increasingly non-functional and is run by a guy who is about three inches away from Holocaust denial.

It was incredibly stupid to stay on Twitter and the people who got Nintendo to stay on Twitter should obviously be fired on Monday and given no recommendations in the future. Cowards with zero competence.

Cool, but Twitter is increasingly non-functional and is run by a guy who is about three inches away from Holocaust denial.

It was incredibly stupid to stay on Twitter and the people who got Nintendo to stay on Twitter should obviously be fired on Monday and given no recommendations in the future. Cowards with zero competence.
I really doubt corporate cares about Twitter’s state of affairs. Unless they start affecting their metrics. Which is a possibility with this recent decision Musk made of limiting the amount of tweets you see per day. That is certainly a recipe for disaster that will further Twitter away from ad revenue.

Twitter is either gonna end up being a corpse social media like Tumblr, or it’s gonna slowly be relevant again. The only thing keeping it alive is the breaking news aspect

I really doubt corporate cares about Twitter’s state of affairs. Unless they start affecting their metrics. Which is a possibility with this recent decision Musk made of limiting the amount of tweets you see per day. That is certainly a recipe for disaster that will further Twitter away from ad revenue.

Twitter is either gonna end up being a corpse social media like Tumblr, or it’s gonna slowly be relevant again. The only thing keeping it alive is the breaking news aspect

"I doubt corporate cares if Twitter works or if Twitter constantly promotes black crime statistics" is just saying "Nintendo corporate is very stupid" in more words.

It was obvious that Twitter was eventually going to have more catastrophic failures after Musk fired everyone and it was obvious that Musk was going to turn to a hardcore racist after he started being so racist. Putting your fingers in your ears and going "LA LA LA" is a plan, it's just one you should get fired for. Nintendo's social media decision makers sucked at their jobs and should lose them.

Three inches is giving him too much credit.

Hey now. Facebook is like 50 plus demo. Don’t lump us geriatric millennials in there!

I have a statewide library card and recently learned of a couple locations within driving distance that have video games available for borrowing. My frugal soul is singing!
Nice! My county and city libraries don’t have games, so that’s a bummer. But do use them for ebooks routinely (and have the kids in a routine so they will support them in the future when they become the target for censorship if they aren’t already)

Fire Emblem on NSO is amazing with rewind. Really good for first timers and causal play.

I don’t have a ton of time to play currently so nice I don’t have to re-do chapters. Granted. This game I’ve played so much I don’t really lose ever. But lately I’ve been doing very daredevil stuff for fun so rewind had come in handy lol

The artists etc who stayed on Twitter also seem pretty braindead. Love to stay on what has turned into 8chan until it literally breaks.
You don't move over a following from one platform to the other in just a few minutes though.

Everyone has been clamoring for a replacement for months, Mastodon, Hive, now everyones hoping bluesky will be good l, but none was sticking so far.

Musk is hell of a dumbass, but he is lucky that humans love convenience, and sticking to what they're used to is convenient.

A social media platform can only be as good as the people on it, and as long as the audience is on Twitter, content creators will stay on there and vice versa, we would need a big a shake up to break this cycle, and I'm hopefully with every major fuckup they're pushing, but nothing was enough yet

I have a statewide library card and recently learned of a couple locations within driving distance that have video games available for borrowing. My frugal soul is singing!

Nice! My county and city libraries don’t have games, so that’s a bummer. But do use them for ebooks routinely (and have the kids in a routine so they will support them in the future when they become the target for censorship if they aren’t already)

Aren't I lucky! We have a national level library network. So if my local library doesn't have say, Astral Chain, or any games at all, I can log on with say, a Cork Library card, get the game delivered to a Galway Library building in the middle of nowhere, and return it at a Limerick library while I'm on holiday. Neat, huh? Anything an Irish library caries, any other Irish library also carries, and any Irish library card works in any Irish library!

yes calling artist who rely on twitter income stupid....really now. The fact is there is no viable alternative at the moment

I don't know why you are singling out Nintendo when almost every brand on Earth is still on twitter

Last edited:

I honestly wish that Twitter will die, and as soon as possible (even though that’s my main social media), but where should Nintendo go? There’s no better place than Twitter right now to convey simple and clear information to consumers : Facebook, Instagram and TikTok are not reliable because of their algorithmic feed, Reddit is a place to comment on stuff not to announce stuff, Tumblr is not a good place for brands, Mastodon is a convoluted mess that doesn’t appeal to the mass market, Bluesky is promising but still on invite only (and run by an antivax, cryptoevangelist libertarian, which is not much better than Musk), etc.

But Twitter is clearly dying, and they’ll probably leave one day or another. I’m wondering how will they announce stuff when they do. E-mail seems the more plausible answer, but I’d love to see a world in which we’d have to refresh the home screens on our Switch to see if they announced a Direct.

Calling human beings just doing their jobs “evil, cowardly, incompetent, etc” and artists “brain dead” simply for being where much of their audience happens to be is unnecessarily vitriolic.

Hiya fam! I’ve decided to step down from being a mod, so I’m just your friendly neighborhood red monster again.

As a lot of you know, we had our second child at the beginning of May. That caused me to need to take a step back from the website because I simply had less free time to dedicate to mod work. On top of that, I started a new job a few weeks ago. The new job pays more (which is good, because my wife is now a stay-at-home mom and we need the extra money), but comes with longer hours and even less time to give to the website. All this change has been pretty stressful, and when I came to the forums and saw whatever mod work of the day needed doing, it just stressed me out even more. So for my own mental health, I’ve decided to step down.

I want to thank you all for letting me help out for as long as I was able to. Being a part of the staff was a joy. The work is hard at times, but the team I got to work with made everything more than worth it. The current mod and admin team are a great group of folks! And this is a fantastic community. I look forward to contributing as a regular member going forward. For example, I’ll still post the weekly Weekend threads!

tldr, I’m not a mod anymore, the staff rocks, and you all rock too. Thanks pals. ❤️

yes calling artist who rely on twitter income stupid....really now. The fact is there is no viable alternative at the moment

I don't know why you are singling out Nintendo when almost every brand on Earth is still on twitter

I'm only mocking Nintendo here because it's a Nintendo focused forum and Nintendo has relied heavily on Twitter. The NBA is clearly the worst offender with regards to staying with Twitter for no reason.

But yes, I will relentlessly mock anyone who decided to keep their business on "Stormfront but also a technical clusterfuck."

Calling human beings just doing their jobs “evil, cowardly, incompetent, etc” and artists “brain dead” simply for being where much of their audience happens to be is unnecessarily vitriolic.

Not really. The job of Nintendo's social media team is clearly to immorally maximize revenue, but they are failing to do that by having no plan to transition away from a site that clearly cannot work and is run by a hardcore racist.

So they have instead stayed very very close to extreme racism while also degrading their future promotional efforts because the site just can't work because Musk fired too many people and is introducing too many features that causing the site to be a clusterfuck.

The big issue that makes them obviously bad at their jobs is that all of this was super foreseeable.

They (along with the social media strategists for the NBA, Microsoft, Sony, etc) should just not be employed moving forward.

Choosing "hardcore racism" and "complete instability and incompetency" for the place where you announce a lot of stuff is not good imo.

You could just send press releases to IGN.

Namco Anime Expo showcase about to begin! It'll be nice to see Switch get ignored once again lol

Not everyone sees the situation like that. People may not like Elon Musk, but the amount that outright revile him to the extent it bleeds into action compared to people who just shrug and still drive their Tesla or post on twitter is skewed by the internet being the internet.

He's divisive, but he's not perceived as evil enough most companies are gonna bounce from a major website like twitter. If the companies are still there, it means the eyes are still there. Usage will persist until the engagement proves insufficient. Their goal is to get their message out. Twitter has problems, but so far it's done that, and because of how ubiquitous the platform is, people by and large don't conflate using it with an endorsement of everything Musk has ever said or done, nor do most consider themselves or others morally bankrupt for continuing to use it.

Look what happens when Nintendo reveals a Direct. Look how effectively it circulates. If there are accusations of Nintendo being incompetent for using twitter then, they'd be hard to hear among the cheering. No one over there is getting fired, and people/companies aren't going to be held to trial for still using it.

It's not like people who know about Foxconn's practices and yet still buy consoles are treated as endorsing it morally, though they do actively benefit from it, and enable it: endorsing it financially. It's all a testament to ambivalence, informed in part by the bed-of-nails effect that avoiding companies that could be considered objectionable is impossible without basically rejecting modernity, making people less likely to bother avoiding any.

To be clear, I don't like twitter. I didn't like it before Musk, I don't like it now. It's full of people being horrible to each other. I would not shed any tears if it crashed and burned. But in the meantime, I still read tweets. I still share them, if they have something noteworthy. As do others. There's one on this page with a bunch of Yeahs. Kinda doubt those people are all Musk fans. Most people just don't make such extreme connections as yours.

Which is probably for the best if you're good with firing marketing people, seemingly without warning, simply for using twitter.

Not everyone sees the situation like that. People may not like Elon Musk, but the amount that outright revile him to the extent it bleeds into action compared to people who just shrug and still drive their Tesla or post on twitter is skewed by the internet being the internet.

He's divisive, but he's not perceived as evil enough most companies are gonna bounce from a major website like twitter. If the companies are still there, it means the eyes are still there. Usage will persist until the engagement proves insufficient. Their goal is to get their message out. Twitter has problems, but so far it's done that, and because of how ubiquitous the platform is, people by and large don't conflate using it with an endorsement of everything Musk has ever said or done, nor do most consider themselves or others morally bankrupt for continuing to use it.

Look what happens when Nintendo reveals a Direct. Look how effectively it circulates. If there are accusations of Nintendo being incompetent for using twitter then, they'd be hard to hear among the cheering. No one over there is getting fired, and people/companies aren't going to be held to trial for still using it.

It's not like people who know about Foxconn's practices and yet still buy consoles are treated as endorsing it morally, though they do actively benefit from it, and enable it: endorsing it financially. It's all a testament to ambivalence, informed in part by the bed-of-nails effect that avoiding companies that could be considered objectionable is impossible without basically rejecting modernity, making people less likely to bother avoiding any.

To be clear, I don't like twitter. I didn't like it before Musk, I don't like it now. It's full of people being horrible to each other. I would not shed any tears if it crashed and burned. But in the meantime, I still read tweets. I still share them, if they have something noteworthy. As do others. There's one on this page with a bunch of Yeahs. Kinda doubt those people are all Musk fans. Most people just don't make such extreme connections as yours.

Which is probably for the best if you're good with firing marketing people, seemingly without warning, simply for using twitter.

Incredible reading to say "wow, you just want to fire marketing people for using Twitter" when I clearly said "Nintendo's social media decision makers were extremely stupid to continue basing their promotional strategies around Twitter when Twitter is both NeoNazi run and increasingly does not function"

The social media decision makers at Nintendo and other companies that rely on Twitter just shouldn't have jobs. They're very stupid and have managed to thread the needle of "morally reprehensible" and "terrible financial move."

It's like starting a business partnership with Sam Bankman-Fried.

Did somebody anime and games?!

I like anme AND games!

But seriously , I was actually surprised by Alicization Lycoris, at least I foudn the combat system way more interesting than other similar action rpg like Tales (granted the last one I played was Zestiria). Interesting to see this one has become an allstars bringing all of the waifus of the previous games. Also thios one is def not coming to swtich later, Aquria is simply not good enough to optimize whatever engine they a re using (hell they had trouble initially with PS5/Xbox )

The SAO games in a vacuum look like they can fun just based on the footage I've seen but the fact that they are SAO games means I'll probably never play them. It's just a universe I have no interest in visiting in a game format.

So I haven't seen SAO after thesecond season (?), the one with the cousin, but are all those charactere's love interest?

The ones in the trailer are all original characters for the game. At least, I don't remember them from the anime.

Yes, but no lol. So oficially Kirito is married to Asuna and everybody knows it, she introduces herself like that and her friends know their relationship, still the games let you improve your relationship with any female not NPC going from holding hands to ending together in bed (nothing sexual and even the producer have explicited said they don't like that becuase it's weird if he is married to Asuna). Granted at least AL let you go to bed with Eugeo, the real waifu of Alicization Project

Hey, at least it's announced for Switch!
Yeah no way they were going to left it behind after all the DB lessons and seeing how CC2 left KnY for a later port

I don't know I kinda like arena fighters. Played 40 hours of MH One's Justice 2 on Switch, it's quite fun.
Told ya it's was going to be a new arena fighter, one punch was the only miss for them. Note that I don't say it a bad thing, as you said they are enjoyable specially if you are a fan of the franchise or at least know about it, A friend is fan of the naruto games and we usually play them when we get together and have a lot of fun

My only experience with anime arena fighters is that my friend was really into Naruto and wanted to play the Naruto games which hadn't been released outside of Japan at the time. He bought an import copy and a dick that would allow his Gamecube to play Japanese games. I think he got the third game on Gamecube and then shortly after, the first game was officially released in North America. But my friend was interested because he already had the third game which had more content and characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom