• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST26 November 2023| The Man Who Erased His Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
st26.png

Welcome, welcome, welcome! This right here is the Nintendo General Discussion ST for November 2023! I’m running the show this month! My name is… ahem…

And I’ll be your guide for this month’s discussion! We might be rapidly approaching the end of the year 2023, but we’re certainly not approaching the end of the games! But we’ll get to the games in a moment.

First! What’s this thread about?

This thread is for, as the title might indicate, discussing Nintendo! Generally! But it’s so much more than that. This thread is the lifeblood of the forum. The glue holding it all together. And most importantly, it’s the thread where really, you can discuss whatever you want! What you had for lunch, what you’re doing later, what movies you’ve seen, what model kits you’ve built recently, what games you’ve been playing, what your favourite sandwich at Subway is, anything! Nothing is off-limits (within reason) around these parts. But of course, video games are our bread and butter!

So, what games are coming out in November? Let’s take a look at some of the big ones!

November 3rd - WarioWare Move It! (Switch)
1600px-WWMI-banner.webp

November 3rd - Fashion Dreamer (Switch)
3ecddd559183fe77778a41704d6459d946a03efb8567c56d907eb5452c4f31ba.jpg

November 9th - Like A Dragon Gaiden The Man Who Erased His Name (PC, PS, Xbox)
Like-a-Dragon-Daiden-Ann-06-08-23.jpg

November 17th - Super Mario RPG (Switch)
1600px-SMRPG-Nintendo-Switch-Key-Art.webp

November 17th - Persona 5 Tactica (PC, Switch, PS, Xbox)
82111f4c361948a56afa01658171015ef2ce31dd4bbf6963f7854f19254f6d0f.jpg

Plenty of other games coming this month too! Did I miss one you’re excited about? Be sure to chat about it in the thread below!

PREVIOUS GENERAL DISCUSSION THREADS
|ST Oct 2021| by @mazi
|ST2 Nov 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or… by yours truly!
|ST3 Dec 2021| Topical Threes by @Suswave
|ST4 Jan 2022| Resurrections by @Skittzo
|ST5 Feb 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3 by @Dardan Sandiego
|ST6 Mar 2022| Marchful Mode by @EvilChameleon
|ST7 Apr 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel by @EvilChameleon
|ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8 by @Barely Able
|ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer! by @Irene
|ST10 July 2022| Julyve A Live by @Plum
|ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody’s 11-12 Discussion Thread by @Legion of Primes
|ST12 Sept 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03 by @xghost777
|ST13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary! by @hologram
|ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear by @bellydrum
|ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami by @Red Monster
|ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning by @chocolate_supra
|ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe by @SammyJ9
|ST18 Mar 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month by @Brofield
|ST19 Apr 2023| A tradition unlike any other by @Josh5890
|ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop is a Waterfall by @Irene
|ST21 June 2023| Welcome to Famipark! by @Party Sklar
|ST22 July 2023| PIKMINVASION by @famicorpse
|ST23 Aug 2023| Things Get WEIRD by @shoptroll
|ST24 Sept 2023| Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.) by @Barely Able
|ST25 Oct 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary! by @VolcanicDynamo

UPCOMING ST CLAIMS

ST27 December 2023 by @MissingNo.
ST28 January 2024 is up for grabs!
ST29 February 2024 by @Suswave
ST30 March 2024 by @Raccoon
ST?? Sometimes 2024-ish @Aurc (Metroid month)

Last edited:
Awesome ST @Derachi ! It’s going to be an excellent month for games! Excited for Like A Dragon Gaiden (my last high priority game this year!), Super Mario RPG, WarioWare, Tevi, Yohane, and more!

Time to talk about which Nintendo series has the best food in honor of Thanksgiving

Not gonna lie the rock roasts in BOTW/TotK look delicious

Ahh new thread smell! Absolutely love that Yakuza-style picture of your Penguin, Derachi, you should use that as your new pfp :D

That new thread smell. I summon Blue Eyes White Dragon!

IMG_7584.jpg

IMG_7583.jpg

This kit was a super satisfying build with no extra work required(no stickers or panel lining). Not sure what I’m building next. Time for some gaming and anime!

Also super curious to see the final Gigabash Ultraman dlc character tease Thursday. Plus the release next week that I hope will correspond with a sale

What the hell, I saw the old thread got locked and wondered what insanity had to happen for that.

Never would've occurred to me that the month was over, nobody could've seen that coming!

Great ST @Derachi !

Oh wow a big thread about Gaiden? Time to bring the debate here: Do y'all like the cabaret mini-games. Not the management ones, but the ones where you just talk to women? Twitter and Reddit seem to be especially divided on this and I think the mini-games are weird and I won't play them.

Ooooh, turkey month, aka Indie World month. Wonder what shadowdrops the gobble bird will bring this year (please give me Outer Wilds, mr bird!)

Very nice thread, @Derachi ! The Yakuza title card for your penguin is perfect. Hard to believe it’s November already, but that means we’re getting into cozy cold-weather gaming season

ST looking dope @Derachi! Gotta love that fresh new thread smell on the first page.

@VolcanicDynamo thank you for steering the ship in the month of Mario! An admirable captain as any to take the helm!

~~~

While we still got two-ish hours of Hallowe'en left, this kinda fucked me up

Me meeting the characters in Process of Elimination:

Why hello there Shulk from Future Redeemed, what are you doing in this game?

cuUI9Dv.jpg

My Halloween game tonight is Alan Wake II which is tremendous. If you have a platform to play it on, I’m halfway through and can’t recommend it enough. Engaging gameplay, a very cool story, and just a ton of fun and wonderfully weird stuff and sequences (including one that might be my favorite in a game this year). I think I’m going to go for the Platinum trophy since I don’t want it to end yet.

My Halloween game tonight is Alan Wake II which is tremendous. If you have a platform to play it on, I’m halfway through and can’t recommend it enough. Engaging gameplay, a very cool story, and just a ton of fun and wonderfully weird stuff and sequences (including one that might be my favorite in a game this year). I think I’m going to go for the Platinum trophy since I don’t want it to end yet.
Dang it, I don’t need even more games to add to my backlog!

Do you need to play the original game first?

Dang it, I don’t need even more games to add to my backlog!

Do you need to play the original game first?
You should definitely play the first game (including the former DLC episodes included in most releases of the game) and ideally I’d recommend playing at least the base game of Control too if you haven’t (the Alan Wake DLC for Control is surprisingly not terribly essential at all). Both are fantastic games, so don’t view that as too much of a hurdle here. At least so far, I haven’t encountered really anything at all from Alan Wake’s American Nightmare so that seems fine to skip.

oh my GOODNESS The Mysterious Murasame Castle is good

I thought it just had all-time great music but the game itself is so fun and atmospheric

THREAD?!

shit you beat me before I rounded up all my spooky Octobery Grögol Bonanza songs

My dad was just asking me why we stopped going to Carl's Jr all the time, and it got me thinking about the stuff I used to order there. Remember the Six Dollar Burger? What a big deal they made it out to be that it was like the quality of a sit-down restaurant burger (that'd normally cost around $6 back then) but for half the price?

So I got to wondering what they call it now that everything's way more expensive, which got me looking into their menus and.. it's nowhere to be found. A regular Carl's burger now costs $6, and the closest thing I can see to what the "Six Dollar Burger" may have transformed into is something called the "Big Char" which is now $9.

So I looked up McDonald's pricing to compare, literally googled "McDonalds menu prices" and was met with a bunch of articles about how Joe Biden is making the cost of McDonald's soar.

. . .

Yeah, I guess that's enough internet for one night.

November! Hallmark movies going on rotation for 2 months straight!

Really glad we have a few more OPs lined up. I encourage any new members or those that haven’t done it to take the plunge. It’s fun and no web design skill needed!

My dad was just asking me why we stopped going to Carl's Jr all the time, and it got me thinking about the stuff I used to order there. Remember the Six Dollar Burger? What a big deal they made it out to be that it was like the quality of a sit-down restaurant burger (that'd normally cost around $6 back then) but for half the price?

So I got to wondering what they call it now that everything's way more expensive, which got me looking into their menus and.. it's nowhere to be found. A regular Carl's burger now costs $6, and the closest thing I can see to what the "Six Dollar Burger" may have transformed into is something called the "Big Char" which is now $9.

So I looked up McDonald's pricing to compare, literally googled "McDonalds menu prices" and was met with a bunch of articles about how Joe Biden is making the cost of McDonald's soar.

. . .

Yeah, I guess that's enough internet for one night.
lol. Economy grows 4.9% which is ridiculously good yet it’s met with bad takes (not to say there aren’t issues to be addressed of course).

Also saw that in Connecticut a Big Mac meal is $18

lol. Economy grows 4.9% which is ridiculously good yet it’s met with bad takes (not to say there aren’t issues to be addressed of course).

Also saw that in Connecticut a Big Mac meal is $18
Well what pops my brain is it's well-documented that the price hikes are leading to astronomical profit for these companies, which would not be the case if the price hikes were necessary to keep up with inflation. They're even bragging in their publicized quarterlies about how much more money they're making because of the public simply accepting the price hikes. But then a certain side of the "news" decides literally any price hike is a response to Presidential policy, as though Joe's had a damn "raise prices" button installed in the Oval or some bullshit.

And yes, people were putting the Biden "I DID THAT!!" stickers on gas pumps in my town. I sadly have seen them in person.

But on the bright side, I just got an ice cream at Sonic's and got to enjoy some nighttime breeze that wasn't 80° finally

I'm really looking forward to starting it, but I need to finish the last DLC episode of the first game, and then I'm gonna replay Control.

Also great ST @Derachi!

Damn, I didn't even think about the fact that @Derachi's ST was coming today when I posted that Yakuza headline from Kotaku. Shoulda saved it for the first page of this thread, oops 😅

November! Hallmark movies going on rotation for 2 months straight!

Really glad we have a few more OPs lined up. I encourage any new members or those that haven’t done it to take the plunge. It’s fun and no web design skill needed!
I think I mentioned it, but I will be happy to do another ST sometime early next year as needed. I yield to newer members and first timers of course. But I can fit it just about whenever! Maybe March/April ish?

I just posted my first-ever thread in Treehouse; I couldn’t find any threads on Pokedoku and thought it’d be a fun Fami tradition to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom