• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekly Questions Week 1 Starts Now!
  • Our first weekly discussion question is officially up now!

Week 1 – From the two Directs this year, which game or games would you most like to see an update on at the next Direct?

I'll be posting a new question every week around this time, midnight from Wednesday into Thursday. I have six questions prepared, because TGS starts in six weeks now! Hopefully we'll be seeing our next Nintendo Direct by then :)

THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE begins now! Sign ups are available for 1 week! Everyone is welcome to join!
  • Welcome to our first big event of ST6, THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! One of my favorite stories from ST5 was some of the bigger bets made in the thread regarding Direct announcement and timing so I wanted to open up that fun to everyone this time! For one week starting now, anyone interested in participating can make their predictions about Direct timing and put their Avatar picture and possibly title on the line for a shot to go down in Fami history!

Let’s break down how this will work. There are two levels / tiers to this challenge, Fun and Courageous. For the Fun tier, you simply have to pick the Direct date and air time. From the moment you fail to succeed, you will be given a unique avatar of my choosing that adheres to a certain theme that you must then wear until 2 weeks following the air date of the Direct. So hypothetically, if you guessed 2 weeks early, you are wearing the avatar for 4 weeks.

For the Courageous tier, for those who really want to experience the thrill of gambling and enjoy stronger glory for success, you must pick not only the Direct date and air time, but also the announcement time as well! Unlike the Fun tier, you must wear your unique avatar for 1 month following the air date and also change your title to one of three options of my choosing. For those in the Fun tier who also want a themed title for a goofier message board atmosphere, the same titles will be optionally offered to you as well when you receive your avatar.

I’m not sure exactly how popular this event will be, but I encourage anyone interested to participate! I’m prepared to hand out roughly 50 unique avatars to losers with priority to those who apply first. If we exceed that number…I’ll cross that bridge when we come to it lol!

Here’s how to directly participate exactly. If you wish to apply to the Fun tier, all you have to do is AT message me or reply to this post and underline “I will accept the challenge!” and then share your prediction. For example:

@xghost777 , I will accept the challenge! The Direct will arrive on September 9th at 2:00 PM.

If you wish to apply to the Courageous tier you must do the same except put your declaration in bold and then share your prediction including announce time. For example:

@xghost777 , I will accept the challenge! The Direct will arrive on September 9th at 2:00 PM and will be announced on September 8th at 6:00 AM.

All prediction times must be in US West Coast / California time to keep it easy for me. I will just say announcement times are typically either 6:00 AM or 7:00 AM (the first tweet of the day!) and typical show times are usually 6:00 AM, 7:00 AM or 2:00 PM. Midnight Nintendo announcements also typically do indeed take place at midnight in California. If you do pick midnight for any announcement, please say something like “announced at midnight between September 8th and September 9th” so I know exactly what you are signing up for. Also, in the event of a shadowdropped show for the Courageous tier please say something along the lines of “announced and released on September 9th at 2:00 PM.”

I do not recommend picking September 9th btw, it is a Saturday lol.

You will know I have accepted your submission when I Yeah! your post. At that time too, I will screen cap it on my phone so I know when you submitted and I do read every post in chronological order. It will not be right away, but I will update the Opening Post of this thread with a table to track people participating and so people following along can too. AT message me again if there are any errors or you need to make an update during the first week registration window though the point of underlining and bolding your post is to hopefully make sure you are fully aware of what you are signing up for lol. In the event the date strongly leaks or somehow the Direct itself airs next week, I will close the submission window, but honor it for anyone who has signed up already.

I hope you will all enjoy THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! Again, anyone is welcome to join and the more people who sign up the sillier and more fun this likely will ultimately be :)

Weekly Questions Week 2 Starts Now!
  • We may be in the middle of Chill Week here for the Direct Speculation ST, but time is quickly marching onwards! We had at least 21 replies to Week 1’s question which was awesome. Now it’s time for Week 2’s question!

Week 2 – Directs have been having themes lately. Last year was the Farm Direct, February was the Level 5 Direct, and June was the Mario Direct. What is the theme of this next Direct and if you could choose the theme yourself what would you pick?

We are seemingly only five weeks away at most from the next Direct now if it lands before TGS which is awesome! While I’m here I do want to give another shout to THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE which is in the last 48 hours of the registration period. We have 14 challengers already which is awesome! Check out the OP for who has signed up already and if you want to join in the fun check this post here for details. The deadline to register is 11:59 PM on Friday US West Coast time.

Our 14 Challengers for THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! Who will win?
  • Ok! Registration is over for THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE and we have 14 challengers which is awesome! I’m really hoping at least one of you successfully predicts the date! At best, a maximum of three of you could come out on top and be crowned Legendary Speculators which means at least eleven are walking away with new avatars and, if applicable, titles! September 13th is the most popular date by far with 9/14 challengers willing to risk their avatar predicting it. One way or the other, you’ll all find out the theme of the losing avatars and titles on September 5th as our first challenger Smoothies has placed their bet for a Direct announcement at 6:00 AM! (All times displayed are in Pacific time)

@smoothies Challenger 1 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 5th 6:00 AM - Air Date September 6th 6:00 AM

@Marce-chan Challenger 14 - Courageous! - Announced Saturday September 9th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 3:00 PM

@Koren Lesthe Challenger 3 - Courageous! - Announced Monday September 11th 6:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 9:00 AM

@tee Challenger 8 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 7:00 AM

@Kysen Challenger 10 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 7:00 AM

@Josh5890 Challenger 11 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 2:00 PM

@Legion of Primes Challenger 12 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 2:00 PM

@SammyJ9 Challenger 2 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 3:00 PM

@Dragoncaine Challenger 4 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 3:00 PM

@Brofield Challenger 5 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Thursday September 14th 7:00 AM - Bonus Fun Guess Luigi’s Mansion 1 Shadowdrop

@shoptroll Challenger 13 - Courageous! - Announced Wednesday September 13th 6:00 AM - Air Date Thursday September 14th 7:00 AM

@VegiHam Challenger 7 - Fun! - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 7:00 AM

@Xorhan Challenger 6 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 19th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 20th 2:00 PM

@MrBones Challenger 9 - Courageous! - Announced Monday January 8th 6:00 AM - Air Date Tuesday January 9th 3:00 PM

Thank you all for signing up and for everyone else out there I hope you cheer on your favorite posters / speculators and enjoy the fun, drama, and chaos to come :)

Weekly Questions Week 3 Begins Now!
  • We’ve already finished our second week of the Direct thread. That means we should have only four weeks or less to go if the September Direct arrives in time for TGS! Rumors should start picking up once Gamescom is over as all eyes will be on September! As we enter Week 3 it’s now time for our next question :)

Week 3 – From recent reports, we allegedly have another year ahead of more Switch. Which untapped series or character would you like to see get a new game before Switch 2 hits.

Curious to see what y’all pick! I think I’m rooting most for F-Zero and Fortune Street myself :)

Rad Amiibo Speculation By Paraspikey
  • Hello! I'm not super sure where this belongs, though since this relates to Nintendo Directs and announcements/releases happening in the near future, I thought this would fit here.
    Since late July, I've been looking into Amiibo, Amiibo restocks, and the connections they have to their announcements and reveals, and I wanted to present what I've found so far and what it has related to so I can get some possible feedback on my research (I've mostly been researching this in more closed off Discord communities, so I've been trying to reach out to others without a general bias to see if they think this has much ground).
    This is going to be a bit long, though there is a lot to say on the matter. I'll provide a TLDR at the end.

----
    • On July 25th, there was a massive Greece retailer who listed a bunch of Amiibo restocks happening.
      (Source)

image.png

The first 2 waves relate to Smash Brothers, the first wave being on August 28th, and the second wave being on November 10th, Rosalina and Boo (SMB Line) were restocked on August 28th, and Wedding Mario, Peach, and Bowser, Samus (Metroid Line), Wolf Link, Archer Link, and Links Awakening Link I don't have exact dates for, so I'd assume "Fall - Holiday 2023."

This stood out to me. In 2020, there was a Polish Amiibo leak that happened, and all of those restocks pointed to Nintendo announcements being made from May 2020 - February 2021.
    These included...
    SMB Mario: Restocked in September 2020 (SMB 35th Anniversary)
    The Zelda Line: Restocked in September 2020 (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity's announcement)
    The Splatoon Line: Restocked in June 2020 and in February 2021 (Splatoon 2 Support coming back, Splatoon 3's announcement)
    Cloud and Cloud P2: Restocked in late September 2020 (Steve's Smash reveal)
    Ryu: Restocked in early September 2020 (Steve's Smash reveal)
    The Pokemon Smash Line: Restocked in late November 2020 (Sephiroth's Smash reveal)

After remembering this, since the Smash line was getting restocked, I decided to look into the Amiibo restocks I could and see what I connected to, and after digging, I realized that I've looked through most, if not all, of the restocks that has happened since the Switch era, and ALL of them has connected to software announcements and releases.
    I wrote a document with all of the restocks I could find.
    image.png
    image.png

(When the restocks happen late in the month, when the announcement happens early the next month, I just put "1 month [X]" to make it simpler.)
    (The last 2 Animal Crossing ones could also just be them selling off pre-existing stock since I found those on reddit, though both posts were in early April.)
    (Some of these are also rough estimates due to the exact date being unavailable and the article only referring to it happening on a specific month.)

After looking at reputable Aliexpress retailer "ArtSwift"'s account, there's a lot more than this that has connected, like Smash restocks being before Sora's reveal and before his release, alongside the Metroid Smash line being restocked alongside Metroid Dread's release.

I think I looked as much as I did due to being in part disbelief that Smash news could be happening soon due to the restocks. But I couldn't find one that wasn't related to an announcement, release, or big push for that specific brand (Mar10 day, which had a Switch Bundle of "Pick 1 out of 3 Mario games" and Bowser with the Mario Movie)
    Long story short, all of the Amiibo restocks they've done are related to software announcements and releases related to the line they're restocking. It's a bit of a crazy pattern.
    This means all of the restocks they're doing should also connect to stuff.
    So, in this same document, I wrote down what can be concluded about the restocks, New Amiibo in general, and what the restocks could be related to.
    image.png

At first thought, I assumed the Smash restocks needed to be for Nintendo Live, but on their FAQ page, they specifically say that there will be no new product announcements at the event. (Source)
    Then I thought Nintendo would announce them on August 28th since that's the date they go on sale. They would have to announce them then to make sure the demand for the Amiibo is there, much like how they announced the Skyward Sword Link restock on June 20th, since that didn't directly connect to a new announcement (though it did connect to TOTK's release) (Source)
    But they didn't do that. This follows the pattern of what they normally do to prep up an announcement/release to silent stock stores so there is enough Amiibo stock demand for people who are interested in using them for new software.
    These restocks also aren't happening in the Americas, and they have brand new packaging, which specifically excludes the American and Canadian websites. (Source)
    This is due to the fact NoA is the global center of marketing for Nintendo since it is Nintendo's biggest financial market. They hold off on having Amiibo restocked in the Americas, specifically when they want to tie it into something.
    For 2 examples, they restocked Kirby's Amiibo in Japan a couple of weeks after Super Kirby Clash was announced/released, and they restocked Fire Emblem Amiibos in Australia on December 16th, the day they announced the Engage Expansion Pass at The Game Awards 2022.
    (Fire Emblem Source) (Kirby Source)

Of course, despite researching this extensively, I wasn't convinced anything was happening until they didn't announce it yesterday, but today, they announced the Super Mario Bros. Wonder Direct, which directly connects with the SMB Rosalina and Boo restocks that happened on the 28th.
    To me, this pretty much soft-confirms something Smash-related, software-wise, is going to happen. They've never done restocks specifically for Amiibo announcements, and speaking of which...

• On July 4th, Artswift, the Amiibo retailer I referred to earlier, said that they expect a Sora Amiibo announcement "in the near future."
      (Source)
    This is probably the strongest piece of evidence relating to something Smash Brothers happening in this direct, for 5 main reasons.
    1. They've never announced new Amiibo on their own during the Switch generation, especially for a 5-year-old game. It has always been announced alongside or shortly after new content, announcement, or release. The only time they've announced an Amiibo unrelated to new content day and date were Marine and Pearl, which...
    • It was announced 2 days after the Splatoon 2 Concert that happened in February, which happened on a weekend, which means they couldn't of announced it
    • The day after, we got the Splatoon 2 Starter Kit announced
    • Not even a month later, we got the Octo Expansion announced on the March 8th Direct.
    (This is a good source to find when they've announced a brand new Amiibo.)
    2. The Sora Amiibo wasn't announced in the Sora Sakurai presents. If they were planning on just revealing it 2 months after Pyra/Mythra's Amiibo release with nothing tied to it, why not announce it alongside everyone else?
    3. The Sora Amiibo code isn't in the game, which means if they randomly announce it, they would have to go back into the game after 2 years and program the Amiibo AI and roll out the update, which isn't an easy task nor is something any company nor developer would willingly do. They updated the game to have Amiibo support from Min Min to Kazuya. If they weren't saving it for something, why not include it? It'll be a waste of resources on Nintendo to do it randomly. Sakurai said the team "disbanded" in October 2021, and they would have to come back together ONLY to patch the game with Sora Amiibo support, something very unlikely if they're not working on a new game, like how they were able to patch Sm4sh to add Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta Amiibo support in 2017 since they were working on Ultimate, which was after they were announced in the December 2015 Smash Presentation, due to them knowing they wouldn't have the chance to announce it sooner.
    (Source on Smash Ultimate updates)
    4. They've never done restocks for new Amiibo specifically. Sometimes, a release could align with a new Amiibo being announced, though there has never been a case where a game, after being dormant for years, gets a new Amiibo announced with nothing new tied to it.
    5. Since Sora would have to have the Smash Ultimate branding, it is very unlikely for it to be announced alongside content for a game that isn't Ultimate.

• There is a lot more that points to something happening, though I would only like to point out a couple more things.
    - They restocked the Smash Gamecube controller in Japan. The last time they did this was in January 2020, 3 weeks before Fighters Pass 2's reveal.
    (Source for 2023 Restock) (Source for 2020 Restock)
    -Smash Amiibo tend to be stocked, on average, 16 days from the restock to their reveal (Fatmanonice's research). 16 days from now would be September 13th, the probable date of the direct.
    -The Smash Site updated, seemingly removing the Accessories page that was there (Internet Archive shows it was removed by December 2022 - April 2023)

(What the Smash site looks like since April 2023) (What the Smash site looked like before April 2023)
    - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's DLC is ending in September with its last wave, much like how they announced it the earliest they could after Sora was announced. Nintendo needs to announce DLC with content waves like how they did with Smash and Mario Kart so they can put it on their NSO service.
    - Restocks happen in waves ONLY with releases (TOTK, BOTW, Fire Emblem, and Kirby). This means the content the line is for has to be released at some point this year, which means it can't be for a new game or a "port" to a newer generation.

----
    This is about everything I wanted to share and have possible feedback on. Apologies for the long read, but there is so much here that points to more content for Ultimate being announced in the probable September direct. Even if we don't get anything Smash, it was fun looking into all of this, and at least we have something to use that could relate to new software.
    • TLDR:
      Amiibo restocks have historically 99% been related to upcoming Nintendo software announcements or releases. These restocks can not relate to Nintendo Live, and they weren't announced the day they went live, meaning they relate to future announcements and releases.
      Here are the upcoming restocks and what they could relate to:

-August 28th, 2023: Smash Series Restock Wave 1 [New Content Reveal?] (1 month before reveal?)
      -November 10th, 2023: Smash Series Restock Wave 2 [New Content Release?] (Same month as release?)
      -August 28th: SMB Rosalina and Boo Restock [Mario Wonder Direct]
      -Fall 2023: Wedding Mario, Peach, and Bowser Restock [Mario Wonder] (Could be same month?)
      -Fall 2023: Wolf Link, Archer Link, and Links Awakening Link [TOTK DLC/Wind Waker and Twilight Princess] (Could be same month?)
      -Fall 2023: Metroid Line Samus [Metroid Prime 4 Re-reveal] (Could be same month/1 month after?) (Can't be Prime 2 and/or 3 since they don't have Amiibo Functionality)

Sora Amiibo being expected by retailers, the Gamecube controller restocks, and the Smash site updating removing the accessories tab makes me think it's more likely we'll get something Ultimate related than not, and if they want to sell a long-running DLC pass on NSO since MK8's DLC is about to end, a Fighter's Pass 3, and putting Fighter's Pass 1 and 2 on there would be perfect.
    ----

EDIT (September 7th, 2023): Today, there was a report from Eurogamer and the VGC relating to new hardware being shown to devs behind closed doors, alongside possible signs of new hardware releasing in H1 2024 instead of the expected H2 2024.
    (Source)
    With the MK8 Bundle being a month earlier than usual, it seems likely to me that new hardware will be at least shown by the end of the year.
    (Source)
    If this is the case, then the new content we could be getting could not be a full-on Pass 3, but instead takes the form of Ultimate Deluxe or something.

TLDR 2: Basically, due to recent information, I am backtracking my statements made about it NEEDING to be for a Pass 3, but rather, while I still think a Pass 3 is a likely option, it can now easily be for something relating to next-gen, taking the form of an Ultimate "Deluxe."

Last edited:
    Weekly Questions Week 4 Begins Now! + Thread Events Updates!
  • We are here at the start of Week 4 for the Direct Speculation thread where September finally begins and things have heated up in a big way as we are staring down the Super Mario Wonder Direct today! Sadly I won't be able to join y'all watching Mario live, but I'm super excited to see what will be revealed there and I will be adding the archive to the OP ultimately for easy access! Of course the big news here as we begin Week 4 is that any of the next three weeks of this thread could very well be our last! If we get word from insiders and leakers that we are on the eve of a Direct announcement, the second big thread event will kick off the night before so please look forward to that! But for now, a quick update on the other big thread event as we do have our first challenger with their prediction coming up for the LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! If you are #teamfirstweek please lend @smoothies your energy as they are putting both their avatar and title on the line in predicting a Direct announcement on Tuesday September 5th at 6:00 AM for a Direct that will air on Wednesday September 6th at 6:00 AM (US West Coast time). I am prepared to hand out avatars for all 14 challengers, but I do hope at least one of you will win! One last announcement for the thread before moving on to our Week 4 weekly question, is that we will be getting a new poll sometime tomorrow on Friday my time so you have at least 24 hours to get your last votes in or shuffle them around.

Ok and now it's finally time for the next weekly question! With TGS approaching quickly, this question feels right to drop now!

Week 4 – What anime or licensed game would you like to see announced at the next Direct?

I'll pick two here myself, I'd love to see a Bocchi The Rock themed rhythm game (paired with a season 2 anime announcement!) and a new Star Wars Rouge Squadron game or a collection of the old ones. I'd forever like to see of course a new Magia Record console JRPG too haha. Maybe the new Madoka movie will increase the chances lol. Excited to see what y'all pick :)

Poll 1 Results - When Will The Next Direct Air? 550 Votes Cast!
  • It's a new month so time for a new poll! But first, I wanted to record all of the results from our first poll about when the Direct would air! 550 votes were cast which is super awesome! TGS week came in first at 192 votes, second place belongs to #teamfirstweek at 153 votes, and third place is Pokemon week at 136! Thanks to everyone who participated!

• September 2nd or earlier​

Votes: 3 0.5%

• Renren
      • Shoulder
      • Crimson
    • September 3rd - 9th (First full week of September)​

Votes: 153 27.8%

• BozPaggs
      • Skittzo
      • Gartooth
      • necrolipe
      • NabiscoFelt
      • Sadist
      • Mpl90
      • LoneRanger
      • Futaba11037
      • Wilmbreak
      • frog
      • lockstepper
      • SideTilt
      • Waluigisfather
      • Eddy
      • MrGab
      • Gamecocks625
      • Sknygy
      • Smash Kirby
      • Maronic03
      • jimjimbowcow
      • Irene
      • Kevin360
      • Almadel
      • The Cornballer
      • Marce-chan
      • DenkeyKong
      • The Giant
      • Hylianhero777
      • anderson64
      • xandelucas
      • Intoxicate
      • olobolger
      • Vash
      • MP!
      • hiro_90
      • Adulfzen
      • famicorpse
      • Leo
      • Seven
      • 2B
      • HeyItsPulse
      • Racalia
      • Bobo
      • Perd Hapley
      • kaydeejay
      • Demon Lizardman
      • Aostia82
      • MarcelRguez
      • Akoig
      • tomassino99
      • Sirhc
      • The Captain
      • nakuto
      • Palmtree Panic
      • Sparkling Hootle
      • Cheese&Onion
      • PandaAndino
      • Sturmgeist
      • Ragaar31
      • pbjms
      • Guishe
      • Dekuman
      • CherryGodzilla
      • Wockio
      • kidgalactus
      • Alkraken
      • Awesomegames23
      • Zeal543
      • jeenaud
      • Coco98bisFR
      • Gamer_G
      • Graystripe2000
      • friigiid
      • JNY97
      • smoothies
      • POE
      • TheMindOfThomas
      • SofyTrancy
      • Vookatos
      • grumpybat
      • Nexmark
      • lordzikon
      • zumaddy
      • husseinn91
      • lmog
      • Neverx
      • neil
      • Frayden_Darkmind
      • Eclissi
      • ZaWams
      • Sasha201
      • Thunder84
      • 1UP inc.
      • LiamRobertson
      • RoiDeLaBagarre
      • materialoccasion
      • Gleethor
      • RogueyOneKenobi
      • zestycrouton
      • Samurai Goroh
      • blackiceslay
      • SHISHKO
      • kanuman
      • Kapote
      • lunanto
      • Kobametal
      • AlwaysOnDeck
      • Geo64
      • Thiefcoal
      • justanotherperson
      • Derilian
      • UHadMeAtHADOU
      • Semi Lazy Gamer
      • Zumikoi
      • einnoc_
      • eye0h
      • EricTheGamerman
      • Superstarxalien
      • Wilmore
      • Normal-Pizza-2709
      • dotnetguy
      • capybarasuprema
      • burningup
      • thesillyfellaelde
      • Pointy Tucks
      • snadertjuh
      • JesusSaves7
      • GamerZorro
      • Dutchie
      • VanVulpes
      • flare
      • Bullwine85
      • 202x
      • Yahaha
      • browneyes84
      • Sologabs
      • Nc7
      • ConstanceClaudine
      • BlackthornOrion
      • uboijohnnee
      • oc123
      • Apenknul
      • OctoSplattack
      • currentmine123
      • Kingdra91
      • AtmosphereSupreme
      • xaeroseven
      • Raploz
      • AneshWesi
      • Enigma735
      • mypwisq1w2e3r4t5
      • kanpachi
    • September 10th - 16th (Pokemon Week)​

Votes: 136 24.7%

• hologram
      • Pokemaniac
      • Magic-Man
      • Brofield
      • oracion
      • lexony
      • KilgoreWolfe
      • Linkstrikesback
      • Slash
      • Dragoncaine
      • nenned
      • GamerJM
      • Laranjer
      • Dark Cloud
      • stingylettuce
      • Starphanluke
      • Rogue Agent
      • Barely Able
      • lightning16
      • Gabriel
      • MSnap
      • Look over there
      • SammyJ9
      • Rockodile
      • Wesen
      • Skipper93653
      • Kysen
      • Kingofcows76
      • Procheno
      • iag
      • DrDave
      • Apopheniac
      • TonyBaduy
      • Matplaysgames
      • prizna
      • palemire
      • lol
      • LuckyNumber69
      • tee
      • kazewing
      • SpringwoodSlasher
      • Arynio
      • Lord Azrael
      • V_ac
      • SphereSeeker
      • Atheerios
      • shoptroll
      • MeatheadSamus
      • placenta
      • Hocot8
      • Koren Lesthe
      • takriel
      • ChainsawMan
      • Cerlinho
      • Rexskel
      • Isotope
      • Jahranimo
      • Plubio
      • Cevan
      • Party Sklar
      • Ojoloco
      • Kent
      • pierre485
      • mfsjunior
      • Kane
      • Elias
      • Lintendo
      • switchum
      • Edengamer23
      • Jamoman
      • sh_louis
      • Selarmor
      • Neves
      • StephenNParker
      • Joe
      • Olinad
      • SirArthur
      • StefanJens
      • SpaceGodzilla
      • Prxem
      • sagadego20
      • Hugo Hufflepuff
      • Soralink91
      • kaladin84
      • Michie
      • krendler
      • TheoD
      • sm64pie
      • Skywaver
      • oomoepoo
      • Ab
      • Grif
      • ffr48
      • Tall Leprechaun
      • Notsowise
      • RealUncleNintendo
      • Paxie
      • robertman2
      • Torpoleon
      • DustinWretch
      • chasenik25
      • AndreVentu
      • Hyung91
      • moflesan
      • AoiHana
      • 420 Cludge Gang
      • JOMCKWO
      • MRNP
      • BloodMoon
      • Andre3333456
      • Shakaan
      • AlciPolanco
      • FloofGaming
      • ammonite
      • topsekret
      • Giancarlo
      • SilicaKong20XX
      • MagicOtters
      • Simbinha
      • snikdasnek
      • Johnson
      • AlexTheRecluse
      • SmolSam
      • moldybreadok
      • ()
      • naobinokami
      • Ylork
      • bennettva
      • Godhound
      • Superfirebros447
      • itzbluestone
      • Beansy
      • Paraspikey
      • Pillydillsy
      • Raditude
      • Tab
      • jkmc1205
    • September 17th - 23rd (TGS Week)​

Votes: 192 34.9%

• bellydrum
      • Derachi
      • tender
      • Spyder
      • Colocho
      • Momo
      • Suswave
      • TreIII
      • Vyleon
      • eli
      • tolkir
      • hannibunny2411
      • Herb Alpert
      • Charamiwa
      • Weebos
      • Guaraná
      • MisterSpo
      • Ozzie
      • LukasManak22
      • Alak96
      • SpaceCowboyJ
      • Mandos
      • Aurc
      • Vantell
      • juuso
      • Johnzyboi
      • Amadeus
      • ezembar
      • Green_Meeple
      • Toad King
      • Jbone916
      • NewPueblo
      • ika
      • Bambi
      • MaitreWakou
      • Obsonet
      • BassForever
      • meaulnes
      • NoidVoid
      • oese0
      • pld
      • NintendoMariah
      • Homura
      • RavensShade
      • fiendcode
      • ITSMILNER
      • Kenka
      • LonkFromPA
      • jtownbdp
      • JuP85
      • the_marmolade
      • Milannoir
      • bloopland33
      • Ryuhou
      • daybreak
      • Emerim
      • xghost777
      • Chrdmart
      • Appelsider
      • PortBlue
      • Vyplo
      • BlueRagu
      • Stupid Sexy Flanders
      • Yavga
      • Christo750
      • WideAwake5
      • Edminton
      • Vladimir
      • mariodk18
      • stodesign12
      • FuzzyAssassin
      • freedomseekr
      • Mrforeignwarren
      • Discokuningas
      • Boucantier
      • Drake001
      • DarkCojiro
      • MMXZero
      • OctaviusZarda
      • MilesTailsPrower
      • DrRudeboy
      • IronTed
      • Chie
      • Sumio Mondo
      • sneaky1999
      • doodlewhizz
      • SmilingSpoon
      • Beedlebum
      • AllEchse
      • Malus
      • AR15mex
      • Cubs017
      • curl-6
      • Mostafa
      • Mirev
      • Chia_Seeds
      • Xaltmas
      • Supreme Bum 01
      • joveroy
      • zigzz23
      • SirShorse
      • Pizzatarian
      • GoldCartridgeGamer
      • Earthbounder
      • Meriadock
      • Xorhan
      • Ometeotl
      • Sergio
      • RedPanda
      • mattyppp
      • terrornaught
      • midnightcrusade
      • Yompom
      • Hikari
      • Bayonutter
      • Karebarelee
      • koyotecat
      • BlueKing
      • Uncle Squingis
      • TimeSplitter
      • Time2Split
      • NCartwright15
      • theguy
      • IsisStormDragon
      • slide's
      • Secu
      • ramen_shake
      • JorgenRaft
      • MrMakepiece
      • kaya bunji
      • Smaggledaggle
      • quelseydilla
      • kojimaposting
      • alsotop
      • Beelzemontheworld
      • Inkling
      • hk-rara
      • L_esson
      • EdFiftyNine
      • TheSpaceBetween
      • kur1su
      • Kartina
      • JayMcK2103
      • goombaicebro
      • Poupou
      • ZephyrPhoenix
      • LeaveLuckToHeaven
      • Exce1
      • orbbot777532
      • Prime993
      • Raysu Delight
      • chartsJapan
      • Onilink97
      • GoYoshi
      • Cybergatuno
      • Superizer
      • Druss
      • LemonLime
      • nadademais
      • NamelessGB
      • Erathix
      • neon
      • Mikevdv
      • D36
      • Karatejoe
      • space_dragon
      • wheapon
      • SuperKoizumi
      • Acce04
      • Bulgowski
      • Orbit
      • FitTheory852
      • VOOK64
      • timshundo
      • xtoc
      • Brsito
      • xAolio
      • easternlights
      • FeiFongWong
      • TomNookYankees
      • Keviaar
      • invwar
      • nate_zinger
      • TsarOfAbility
      • glossonema
      • Super Devon
      • TheRealWario
      • Toastmaster1000
      • CheesecakeCat
      • Ashen_foefoe
      • Tachita
      • GPKs3
    • September 24th - 30th (Post TGS?)​

Votes: 22 4.0%

• Fridaynightcatlady
      • brennywhy
      • UncleAlbert
      • Hosermess
      • Gabev
      • TheBlade
      • Additional Notes
      • Brannigan
      • Nmanic
      • Emmitt smith
      • NintenDad1990
      • Mr Swine
      • CM132
      • maunx
      • Thatguyoverthere
      • SketchaMPM
      • LobstrsaurusRex
      • grobla123
      • lkandanman
      • AstroOhHey
      • Giratina
      • GAP
    • October! A little late!​

Votes: 13 2.4%

• VegiHam
      • Heron
      • Bosintang
      • Rantanplang17
      • Kongo B
      • Prophet64
      • Lucyfer
      • infinitywave
      • pajamasam
      • BackwardsCompat
      • Christer
      • Jhombus
      • terribleidiot
    • November Returns!​

Votes: 7 1.3%

• lemonfresh
      • waffledoodle
      • TheWolvesDen
      • gregtis
      • Rampo360
      • Kreeth
      • Ripfeld89
    • Somehow, December.​

Votes: 5 0.9%

• Red Monster
      • Tatsu
      • Stairouais
      • souio
      • thoughthaver
    • #TeamJanuary​

Votes: 10 1.8%

• chocolate_supra
      • Fuffelpups
      • YoboD
      • WhyS
      • Machine Doogs
      • VitalitySensor
      • BeanKing
      • MrBones
      • tombec94
      • YOGUIOSO
      • Puikko
    • #TeamFebruary or later​

Votes: 9 1.6%

• Pandora
      • Ahmed
      • karmitt
      • Hermii
      • Slappywag
      • Beanstar40
      • AerialAir
      • Chaos Theory
      • Jubs

• Total voters 550

Our First Legendary Speculator Falls + Mystery Avatar Bet Theme Revealed!
  • Sorry for the extended delay as yesterday was personally incredibly busy for me on multiple fronts, but yes early yesterday morning our first challenger for THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE @smoothies put both their avatar and title on the line for a shot to go down in Fami history as a Legendary Speculator by predicting a Direct would be announced at 6:00 AM yesterday morning for today at 6:00 AM. While the jury is still technically out on today, by missing their announcement prediction as a Courageous challenger they have lost the bet so the time has come to hand out a new avatar and a choice of titles that they will wear for now until one month out from the ultimate September Direct date.

So here you are smoothies!

53154371744_3235d439f9_n.jpg

Yes the mystery theme of the losing avatars is Magia Record themed like my own avatar haha. I picked this theme for three reasons: I love Magia Record, I had 50 potentially unique character art pieces on hand as a result from characters I pulled in the game (it was a gacha game), and everyone should know quickly what thread exactly you lost an avatar bet in.

Since our challenger pool was a good size, I did hand pick each avatar from the ones I had available so in your case smoothies I saw you had a Kapp'n avatar so I gave you Rena Minami whose attacks have a water element attached. Since you were first, you got one of my favorite characters too :)

You have three choices for custom titles for whichever flavor of fun speaks to you:

Fami's #1 Rena Minami Fan!
    Magical Girls <3
    I Lost The Legendary Speculator Challenge

Good luck to the remaining 13 challengers! Up next is @Marce-chan who picked a Direct announcement time for this Saturday at 7:00 AM for a show airing on Wednesday September 13th at 3:00 PM. It's a bold prediction for sure so good luck to you!

Weekly Questions Week 5 Are Here! + Thread Event #2 Has Been Dated!
  • Week 5 of the Nintendo Direct Speculation thread begins now and it seems this may very well be the last week of this thread as insiders and leakers are pointing to Pokemon Week as the week of our 2023 September Direct! We’ve shared some awesome, dramatic, chill, silly and fun times together so let’s close out our potential last week together strong and united in hype!

This past week has seen a surge in rumors and new leakers of uncertain veracity have appeared on the scene which together have all painted a wild potential picture of the next Direct. I always urge everyone to hype responsibly and to remember that all rumors and inside info should be taken with a grain of salt, but yes the overall picture and vibes are looking quite exciting!

Before we dive into the weekly questions just two quick thread event updates! THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE is well underway with our first challenger fallen with 13 remaining. Losing avatars and titles will be handed out in this thread as they occur, but the moment the Direct is announced all final business will take place in @Barely Able ’s September Nintendo General Discussion Thread. I’m hopeful we’ll see a winner or two or even three from our remaining challengers! With the end of the thread seemingly in sight, I can now reveal our second thread event will begin on Sunday at 10:00 PM US West Coast time! All details will be announced then, but I will tease this is one we can easily all share and enjoy together so please look forward to it :)

Ok onto the two(!) questions for this week! I added a new primary question since I felt the original one had become a bit redundant, but for those looking forward to it I kept it on as a bonus question!

Week 5 - What announcement(s) do you think are most likely for the next Direct?

Bonus Week 5 (original question) – If you could pick any old game or series to make a surprise comeback, what are you picking?

I think for my own answer I’m picking Prime 2 and the Fire Emblem remake for hard locks and for something a little more off the beaten trail, I’ll say we’ll see a new HAL eshop game as well. For the old game series revival, I most want to see Chrono Trigger come back in a big way with a new game. I’ve always had immense fondness for both Trigger and Cross and have imagined direct sequels for both. The new scene in the Chrono Cross Remaster from last year has freshly reinvigorated that hype.

Excited to see your own answers Fami!

Eurogamer - Nintendo Hoping To Release Switch 2 Sooner Than H2 2024 If Possible
  • Time to shake this thread

A recent report pinned Switch 2's arrival for the latter part of next year, with development kits now in the hands of some key partners. This chimed with what Eurogamer had also previously heard, though on timing I understand Nintendo is keen to launch the system sooner if possible.

Direct Speculation = Open Spoilers - General Discussion Thread = No Spoilers
  • I think the plan is to make this the open spoiler thread. Please head to the General Discussion Thread if you don’t want leaks we’ll get a post up there shortly having that be the spoiler free zone! It was a pleasure hyping with y’all if you choose to leave! Hopefully we keep some surprises still!

This Thread Will Remain Up Through The Direct Airing For The Spoiler Crowd
  • Hey everyone, so we had an unprecedented situation begin to unfold tonight with Pyoro leaking Direct announcements. The plan going forward is to actually keep this thread running through the end of the Direct airing now to keep the spoiler crowd separated from the nonspoiler crowd. When the Direct finishes airing this speculation thread will close and discussion will be directed to the Direct thread.

So to be clear, when the tweet announcing the Direct happens, this thread will not be closed. I encourage everyone who is taking this ride to the end then to remain in this thread, but if you do decide to bail please do not bring any leaks with you either to the Nintendo General Discussion thread or to the ultimate Direct thread.

Let’s all continue to have fun here then and keep the hype rolling :)

Regularly updated list of Pyoro’s leaks by Dutchie
  • The Last Call - Summon The Direct Event Begins Now! Day 1 - RPG songs!
  • Hey everyone it’s time now to kick off our second thread event! It’s the Last Call - Summon The Direct Event! We’ve had a wild journey to reach this point and our journey together actually won’t be ending here as originally planned, but even so it’s time to hype up the final hours leading up to a Nintendo Direct announcement! For the next three nights if needed, I’ll be posting songs every hour united under set themes to count down to the Tweeting Hour. Eight songs will be posted starting from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM. 6:00 AM is typically the first tweet of the day with a Direct announcement usually landing either then or at 7:00 AM so that, and the very real possibility / inevitability that Fami crashes under our collective hype, are why songs will conclude then.

This is an event for the whole thread to enjoy together! First and foremost let’s keep our energy high as we count down the hours by keeping the fun discussions and posts going strong! I also readily encourage you to share your own favorite songs in each theme with the thread. Please be kind to mobile users and only share one youtube video per post. Multiple posts are 100% encouraged! While this thread will not shutdown upon Direct announcement due to us needing to remain separate from the non-spoiler crowd I still would like to continue the tradition of setting a page count goal to aim for before the Direct is announced. In the spirit of treating each night like it could be the one and to keep the excitement high, I’ll set a fresh page count goal every night :)

Our first countdown theme in the spirit of the TGS Direct is RPGs! Our first song is Last Call from Neo The World Ends With You!

Let’s have a great night together and summon the Direct with our energy! 8 hours to go :)

The Last Call - Summon The Direct Event Day 2 Has Begun - Anime Songs!
  • Hey everyone Day 2 of the Last Call - Summon The Direct Event begins now! From now until the hour prior to the Tweeting Hour (the time between the first tweet of the day and the popular Direct announcement time), I’ll be posting new songs every hour united under a new theme. I readily encourage everyone to join in the fun and share their own songs they love while keeping the good vibes and great discussion flowing!

Last night we tried to summon the TGS Direct with RPG songs and today we’ll try from another angle. Tonight’s theme is anime songs and with their powers combined I think we’ll make it happen! Feel free to share your favorite OPs, EDs, insert songs, as well as anime songs from games! Like last night, please be kind to mobile users and share one song per post. Multiple posts are highly encouraged! I think sharing OPs and EDs directly will be most popular, so if you want to include the full song too consider hyperlinking a separate link in! I plan to do that for my own posts where possible :)

I’ll kick off the fun tonight with the OP from Baccano! It’s a crowd pleaser :)

Full song here!

The vibes are feeling great tonight so let’s all have a fun time together and summon the September Direct! 8 hours to go :)

UPDATE ON THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! 7 more challengers fell. Only 3 remain!
  • Hey everyone, I’m crossposting this from the General Discussion thread, we have an update on THE LEGNDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! With our community divided in half by Pyoro, some of the challengers have been hanging out safe from leaks there so I first posted this there.

Today was a bloodbath with seven challengers who all predicted an announcement at 7:00 AM Pacific Time being wiped out! While I’m sad all of you fell, you are all champions in my book for risking it all and bringing some fun energy to the forum! Since I don't want to overwhelm the thread here with a massive post, I put the results today behind spoiler tags.

Here you are Tee!

53154657163_188b42644b_n.jpg

You got Manaka Kurumi as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Manaka is a chef who works at a restaurant named Walnuts and her magical girl outfit reflects that. Her red, fiery color scheme matched Pyoro and this was a bit of a stretch, but “bird avatar…chicken…cooking” was the thought train here haha. Either way no one will confuse you with Pyoro the leaker for at least a month!

Here are your choices of titles:

Fami's #1 Manaka Kurumi Fan!
    Magical Girls <3

Here you are Kysen!

53153588322_d03059e74f_w.jpg

You got Fate as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! While I grew up with Pokemon, I’ve missed some gens so I wasn’t fully familiar with your Pokemon, so after a quick google search of “Pikachu family,” I learned Togedemaru is both a lightning and steel type. That made me think immediately of Fate’s rad lightning sword. Fate is actually a crossover character from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and here specifically from the movie Reflection which was quite good. It had so many explosions in it haha.

Fami's #1 Fate Fan!
    Magical Girls <3

Here you are Josh!

53154165366_12de3cc850_n.jpg

You got Karin Misono as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! While I could have easily picked someone with green hair and called it good, I went a little roundabout here. Karin Misono is the magical girl of Halloween and her outfit, rad scythe, and all of her attacks are Halloween themed. While I think you have some fondness for Halloween, I picked Karin because she has a big fondness for UFOs, cryptids, etc. which seemed like a great fit for your alien avatar. Karin is awesome and makes a huge impression in events as she’s really funny which also fits you!

Fami's #1 Karin Misono Fan!
    Magical Girls <3

Here you are Legion!

53154596120_7d1a721b90_n.jpg

You got Kaede Akino as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! From talking to you I know you have a big love of animals and Kaede here does too so this was an easy choice! Kaede is one of the major Magia Record side characters and is friends with Rena (who Smoothies got) and Momoko. Kaede is a bit indecisive, but always kind and comes through when it counts. In battle she uses her staff to attack with vines and plants which is cool!

Fami's #1 Kaede Akino Fan!
    Magical Girls <3

Here you are Sammy!

53154165356_b35af7d0a2_n.jpg

You got Mito Aino as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Mito has a forest ranger / archer theme going which seemed like a good complement for your squirrel. IIRC, while Mito is a minor character, she had a fairly prominent role in helping to take down the final boss, Walpurgis Night, which in gameplay functioned as a global raid boss. In the last month the game ran, I swapped out my Forest character on my team from Alina, the character I gave Dragoncaine, to Mito and didn’t look back as I learned Mito was super powerful! Her bow attacks could just rip through monsters. I definitely wanted to give you a cool character as you are an awesome member of the RPGs ST :)

Fami's #1 Mito Aino Fan!
    Magical Girls <3

Here you are Dragoncaine!

53153588327_f45bf97f9d_w.jpg

You got Alina Gray as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Skull Kid rocks as a villain so I always loved your avatar. Similar to Skull Kid, Alina here is the main, chaotic villain of Magia Record so it was an easy choice to swap over. She is an artist obsessed with death and can open and close portals to other dimensions that she regularly fills with Witches and Uwasas (rumors that literally come to life as monsters). In addition to her immense presence in the story, she does have a fun side as well as events often pair her with a more positive chaotic presence with Karin (who I gave to Josh).

Fami's #1 Alina Gray Fan!
    Magical Girls <3

Here you are Brofield!

53154657383_7ef7ba5f10_n.jpg

You got Tsuruno Yui as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Growlithe is a fire type and your great, positive presence on Fami made picking Tsuruno Yui “The Mightiest Magical Girl” an easy pick. Tsuruno is my second favorite character in Magia Record as she is a pillar of the main group of friends. Her title is self-proclaimed, but she regularly backs it up throughout the story through her actions and her title applies in other fun ways too like her being the #1 student in school. I was excited to learn the other day you like Madoka Magica! Hopefully one day they bring Magia Record the game back in some way so you can check it out. It’s a pretty cool spinoff that does its own thing that I came to love just as much as the main series :)

Fami's #1 Tsuruno Yui Fan!
    Magical Girls <3

Tomorrow we have both shoptroll and VegiHam up for avatar bets. Please cheer them on as it is only them and Xorhan left in the challenge. Hopefully one of you will win!

The Last Call - Summon The Direct Event Day 3 Has Begun - Mario Songs!
  • Hey everyone Day 3 of the Last Call - Summon The Direct Event begins now! From now until the hour prior to the Tweeting Hour (the time between the first tweet of the day and the popular Direct announcement time), I’ll be posting new songs every hour united under a new theme. I readily encourage everyone to join in the fun and share their own songs they love while keeping the good vibes and great discussion flowing!

Last night we tried to summon the TGS Direct with anime songs and sadly once again it just wasn’t enough. We need a third power to complete the Triforce and summon the direct so we must speak to Nintendo in a language that’s most relevant to them. Tonight’s theme is Mario songs! Feel free to share songs from adjacent franchises as well such Yoshi, Wario, DK, Kart etc! Like the prior nights, please be kind to mobile users and share one song per post. Multiple posts are highly encouraged!

I’ll kick off the fun tonight with Jump Up, Super Star! :)

Tonight we are making it happen no matter what so let’s all have a fun time together and summon the September Direct! 8 hours to go :)

FINAL UPDATE ON THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE
  • Here we are with the final update on THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! I'm sad to report all three remaining challengers were taken out today as Nintendo announced the Direct at 7:00 AM for a show tomorrow September 14th at 7:00 AM. Pokemon shifting to yesterday was certainly a major factor I feel that no one weeks ago could have seen coming. Shoutout to shoptroll though for getting the closest here as they were only off by one hour in their announcement guess!

Here you are shoptroll!

53154165401_276316c10a_n.jpg

You got Hinano Miyako as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Rusty Venture is a mad scientist so I picked Magia Record’s scientist magical girl for your avatar. She fights Witches using the vials of chemicals she carries with her. Hinano is a veteran magical girl and is one of the side characters who helps rally together others when the Wings of the Magius decide to truly invade Kamihama. You too are certainly a veteran of these boards :)

Fami's #1 Hinano Miyako Fan!
    Magical Girls <3

Here you are VegiHam!

53154657378_df8b7c4571_n.jpg

You got Tsukasa Amane as your new avatar from now until two weeks after the Direct airs! I don’t know if you saw, but you and Marce-Chan both had Link avatars in this challenge so at that point I knew I had to pick the Amane Twins for you both! Like her sister Tsukuyo, Tsukasa also is a White Feather in the Wings of the Magius and wields a flute in battle. I drew another connection to Link there as he plays a different kind of flute in Phantom Hourglass. Tsukasa is a bit more fun and easy-going compared to her sister, so it made sense to give you Tsukasa as someone running with the Fun Tier.

Since you did pick the Fun Tier for the challenge, you do not have to change your title, but here are some options if you wanted one anyway 😊

Fami's #1 Tsukasa Amane Fan!
    Magical Girls <3

Here you are Xorhan!

53154165361_31cae463a7_n.jpg

You got Konoha Shizumi as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! I’m unfamiliar with the character in your avatar so I wasn’t sure at first which character to pick. Your prediction dates were my favorite at the start of the challenge, so I decided to give you one of my favorite characters, Konoha. While she doesn’t have much of a role in the main story aside from participating in the final battle, Konoha was a staple character in my party for much of the game. I really dug both her fighting style that centered around her two sided scythe that has a butterfly design on both ends and her super powerful and spectacular Magia attack.

Fami's #1 Konoha Shizumi Fan!
    Magical Girls <3

I want to thank again all 13 challengers who competed in THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! While none of you may have gone down in Fami history as Legendary Speculators, your courage to jump into a mystery avatar and title bet for bragging rights really helped make an already awesome and wild speculation season on Famiboards even better!

I also want to give shoutouts to chocolate_supra, meatbag, Raccoon, Djehuty, soundchaser, and Tangerine_Cookie for joining in on the magical girl fun :)

Let's keep the awesome times going Fami through tomorrow's Direct :)

Weekly Questions Week 6 - Dawn of the Final Day
  • Hey everyone I’m posting today’s weekly question a little early tonight to give people time to respond. Just last week who knew what a wild turn this thread would soon take when Pyoro arrived on the scene and split our community in two between the nonspoiler and spoiler crowds and ultimately gave this thread one extra day of life. Today’s weekly question would have gone unanswered in this thread at least if not for Pyoro’s antics so for that and a few other wonderful curveballs, I’m grateful. Let’s move into it then!

Week 6 - What game or games do you think will be shadowdropped at this Direct?

I think for me at least I #TrustTheProcess and I’m picking Metroid Prime 2 Echoes and F-Zero GX. Not too long to find out, but I’m curious what you all pick!

As this is my last planned threadmarked post in the thread, I want to thank everyone preemptively who posted and helped make this thread an unbelievably amazing time. I’ve mentioned this before, but I really became attached to this community with the very first Direct Speculation thread on ResetEra. I was only a lurker at the time, but I followed the community for years and when Famiboards split off and had open registration I was so excited to finally join a community I cared about for years. Like my September ST last year, this thread and the many games and events were for all of you and I sincerely hope you enjoyed them and all of the fun, wild, and magical twists and turns no one could possibly foresee!

All of that said it’s time to look forward again as only a few hours remain between now and the TGS Direct we summoned through our collective hype. I’ll be there with y’all to the end of the show and beyond when Fami is reunited! Let’s have one last great night together and ultimately enjoy the show together! #TrustTheProcess :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Back
    Top Bottom