• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm clearly that one crazy person who would have totally been down for an entire season of highschool Gohan seiyaman hijinx while Videl ran around desperately trying to unmask him.
See I woulda loved that but they insisted on bringing Goku back to take center stage again. Completely undermined his sacrifice in the previous arc, and negated the torch-passing moment it was supposed to be.

Had the arc been Gohan trying to balance high school and superherodom while Videl kicked ass as being Videl, that woulda been some classic Toriyama.

Oooooh, respect for that list.

I think the reason the Android saga works for me is because I'm a huge fan of Gohan's whole series-long arc, and the back half of the Cell section sees that come to fruition in a big way (I mean, Unmei no Hi, come on).

And one of the reasons I disliked the Buu saga so much was they completely undermined all of Gohan's growth and backseated him so that Goku could take over again (at the insistince of Toriyama's editor, who he hated so much that he actually based the design and attitude of Buu on in response 😅)
Ooh yeah the very end of the arc with Gohan is great! And yeah for Buu a lot of characters get tossed aside and others just have so much weird stuff going on. I also just don’t care at all for Buu as a villain with all of his forms haha. I’m glad he’s just become a joke side character since.

See I woulda loved that but they insisted on bringing Goku back to take center stage again. Completely undermined his sacrifice in the previous arc, and negated the torch-passing moment it was supposed to be.

Had the arc been Gohan trying to balance high school and superherodom while Videl kicked ass as being Videl, that woulda been some classic Toriyama.
☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

Ooh yeah the very end of the arc with Gohan is great! And yeah for Buu a lot of characters get tossed aside and others just have so much weird stuff going on. I also just don’t care at all for Buu as a villain with all of his forms haha. I’m glad he’s just become a joke side character since.
One of my favorite things about Super actually is
how they recruited Buu, had him in the tournament lineup during that arc's opening, but then when they get to the point where it's actually time for tournament Buu just completely flakes and they have the big surprise of Frieza joining the team in his place. And then the opening was slightly changed to remove Buu from the lineup. 🤣

We are listing out our favorite blur albums here? Well the top 4 is
1. The Magic Whip
2. 13
3. The Ballad of Darren
4. Blur

Oh sorry I didnt read the rest of the comments I just assumed that was obviously what we were listing.
Whichever one has “Coffee & TV” only because the music video of the sentient milk carton is one of the best things ever created in human history. That thing went through some shit.

One of my favorite things about Super actually is
how they recruited Buu, had him in the tournament lineup during that arc's opening, but then when they get to the point where it's actually time for tournament Buu just completely flakes and they have the big surprise of Frieza joining the team in his place. And then the opening was slightly changed to remove Buu from the lineup. 🤣
It’s so good! I was like hmm not 100% feeling this line up and then the swap happens which is absolutely for the best. I really love the whole tournament with the sliding kamehameha, Ultra Instinct, and the final team ups of course being the most exciting parts. Only the short time limit part is silly lol.

Whichever one has “Coffee & TV” only because the music video of the sentient milk carton is one of the best things ever created in human history. That thing went through some shit.
That's 13! (And I have a t-shirt of milky)

People like to shit on New Super Mario Bros.'s soundtrack, but it honestly has one of the best Bowser's Castle music ever.

Here's an orchestrated version from Fortune Street:

Top 10 unreleased games that everyone's waiting to get an updates about them during the next Direct but they won't

1. Metroid Prime 4
2. Hollow Knight Silksong

3. Mother 3
4. Star Fox Grand Prix
5. Sadness
5. Project H.A.M.M.E.R
6. Nonspecific Action Figure: The Game
7. Mega Man Legends 3
8. Raven Blade
9. Disaster Day of Crisis (US release)
10. Bandai Namco's Metroid Prime 4

Only about 5 pages while I was sleeping? And it's mostly filled with top 10 lists that become increasingly nonsensical. Are you alright, Fami?

Also:

Namek>Saiyans>Cell>Buu

Just had an idea. We talked about what kind of Direct we want since last September was farming/life sim Direct.

I want a DS Direct.

Elite Beat Agents sequel
Hotel Dusk sequel
Another Code something
Miles Edgeworth Investigations collection
Chrono Trigger DS port

Weekly Questions Week 5 Are Here! + Thread Event #2 Has Been Dated!
Week 5 of the Nintendo Direct Speculation thread begins now and it seems this may very well be the last week of this thread as insiders and leakers are pointing to Pokemon Week as the week of our 2023 September Direct! We’ve shared some awesome, dramatic, chill, silly and fun times together so let’s close out our potential last week together strong and united in hype!

This past week has seen a surge in rumors and new leakers of uncertain veracity have appeared on the scene which together have all painted a wild potential picture of the next Direct. I always urge everyone to hype responsibly and to remember that all rumors and inside info should be taken with a grain of salt, but yes the overall picture and vibes are looking quite exciting!

Before we dive into the weekly questions just two quick thread event updates! THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE is well underway with our first challenger fallen with 13 remaining. Losing avatars and titles will be handed out in this thread as they occur, but the moment the Direct is announced all final business will take place in @Barely Able ’s September Nintendo General Discussion Thread. I’m hopeful we’ll see a winner or two or even three from our remaining challengers! With the end of the thread seemingly in sight, I can now reveal our second thread event will begin on Sunday at 10:00 PM US West Coast time! All details will be announced then, but I will tease this is one we can easily all share and enjoy together so please look forward to it :)

Ok onto the two(!) questions for this week! I added a new primary question since I felt the original one had become a bit redundant, but for those looking forward to it I kept it on as a bonus question!

Week 5 - What announcement(s) do you think are most likely for the next Direct?

Bonus Week 5 (original question) – If you could pick any old game or series to make a surprise comeback, what are you picking?

I think for my own answer I’m picking Prime 2 and the Fire Emblem remake for hard locks and for something a little more off the beaten trail, I’ll say we’ll see a new HAL eshop game as well. For the old game series revival, I most want to see Chrono Trigger come back in a big way with a new game. I’ve always had immense fondness for both Trigger and Cross and have imagined direct sequels for both. The new scene in the Chrono Cross Remaster from last year has freshly reinvigorated that hype.

Excited to see your own answers Fami!

This year I finally watched in full several movies of Spielberg, Nolan, Fincher and Mann (The Dark Knight trilogy, The Prestige, Memento, Dunkirk, the Indiana Jones movies, Empire of the Sun, Minority Report, the Terminal, War Horse, Saving Private Ryan, Fight Club, Gone Girl, Se7en, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Heat, Manhunter). Crazy how one's cinematic culture can be so behind the times.

Only about 5 pages while I was sleeping? And it's mostly filled with top 10 lists that become increasingly nonsensical. Are you alright, Fami?

Also:

Namek>Saiyans>Cell>Buu
I was hoping we’d get one wake up reaction like this haha.

High five on the DBZ arc rankings! We feel the same!

I'm gonna be boring and say a teaser for the final wave (Wave 6) of the Booster Course Pass. However, I will be a bit more interesting than that and try and predict what they will show. The current trend this year with the February Direct for Wave 4 and the June Direct for Wave 5 is that they show the 'new' track of the wave and all of the characters coming in the wave but this would not work for Wave 6, as there isn't a 'new' track in Wave 6 as the tracks Piranha Plant Cove and Piranha Plant Pipeline would've fit the bill but they are already in Tour, so idk, maybe they will go for one of them still, Cove would be a great pick as the teaser track. As for characters, I think it will be Pauline and Diddy Kong, Pauline and Nabbit, or Nabbit and Diddy Kong as the options for the final 2 characters.

As we inch ever closer to the Direct, I think it has become clear to myself that my faith in The Process, which has always been and always will be unwavering, has reached the point where it must be worn with pride.

When I picked the thread title, I felt safe knowing if we didn’t get Prime 4 we’d likely get Prime 2 at least (and Mario Wonder). While I firmly believe we should always hype responsibly, my hopes are riding high on Prime 4. I think Prime 4 is ending this Direct. The big gorilla needs to wait until February, but that’s ok. His time too will come again. #TrustTheProcess. It’s Prime Time for Metroid Prime 4!

smallest game update sizes for my physical switch games (more than 0, obvs):

1. donkey kong tropical freeze - 21.5 MB
2. pikmin 3 deluxe - 25.5 MB
3. paper mario: origami king - 29.0 MB
4. the legend of zelda: link's awakening - 37.8 MB
5. ori and the blind forest - 39.4 MB
6. the legend of zelda: skyward sword - 40.8 MB
7. xeboblade chronicles definitive edition - 49.9 MB
8. super mario 3d world + bowser's fury - 85.2 MB
9. dragon quest xi s: echoes of an elusive age - definitive edition - 90.7 MB
10. cave story+ - 130 MB

I'm gonna be boring and say a teaser for the final wave (Wave 6) of the Booster Course Pass. However, I will be a bit more interesting than that and try and predict what they will show. The current trend this year with the February Direct for Wave 4 and the June Direct for Wave 5 is that they show the 'new' track of the wave and all of the characters coming in the wave but this would not work for Wave 6, as there isn't a 'new' track in Wave 6 as the tracks Piranha Plant Cove and Piranha Plant Pipeline would've fit the bill but they are already in Tour, so idk, maybe they will go for one of them still, Cove would be a great pick as the teaser track. As for characters, I think it will be Pauline and Diddy Kong, Pauline and Nabbit, or Nabbit and Diddy Kong as the options for the final 2 characters.
I’m thinking they will tease Rainbow Road Wii in the absence of a New track and it will end with Pauline and Diddy Kong. Nabbit is a great contender though especially as he is once again playable in Mario Wonder. His odds have definitely shot up!

Tropical Freeze was such a good game I will never forgive yahtzee for putting it down just to praise rayman legend.

I'd be genuinely surprised if we didn't get an announcement for either the Fire Emblem 4 remake or the F-Zero GX remaster next week. Probably not the biggest announcements (at least I hope so) but given all the smoke they seem the likeliest.
Bonus Week 5 (original question) – If you could pick any old game or series to make a surprise comeback, what are you picking?
I'd usually pick Wave Race here but I'm gonna say Panzer Dragoon this time, either another railshooter entry or a successor to Saga, I'm not picky.

Obviously neither Team Andromeda nor Smilebit exist anymore and Futatsugi is off somewhere doing god knows what. But there's nothing out there that quite scratches the same itch for me and I'd love to return to that world.

What did the bird mean by this

1694071858554373.png

I think he's claiming that his info isn't just from having access to YouTube backend stuff like most assume.
Which some of us have pointed out, as E12S is a prime example of a game only announced on Twitter with no youtube video for awhile.

What did the bird mean by this

1694071858554373.png

While Neves already gave a correct answer, i would like to add that we had this super correct leaker some time ago, PracticalBrush, who basically leaked a lot of stuff from a lot of companies (Nintendo, Capcom, Bamco and so on).

It was common thought that this person got the stuff via some kind of backend access of YT, which made it possible to see hidden uploads.

Since this person went silent from one moment to the next, all while teasing to leak the stuff from Nintendo's E³ Direct back then, it also kinda made sense since it shouldn't have been too difficult to identify who accessed those hidden videos and cutting them off.

Basically, ever since if some random person comes with a lot of correct stuff, the implication is: "Backend access to YT". ^^

Is it just me or is the Princess peach game artstyle remind me of the new paper mario series, could it be that IntSys is developing the game.
Not just you, IS is a popular speculation when it comes to Untitled Peach Game's developer. We even have one alleged insider claiming the game has similar exploration as Paper Mario.
Week 5 - What announcement(s) do you think are most likely for the next Direct
Apart from the obligatory Prime 4 mention:
  • FE4 Remake seems most likely because patterns.
  • We'll also definitely see some of the 3rd Party Ports that have been announced.
  • Maybe the final Mario Kart DLC?
  • Square will definitely show off something too.

Peach game could be Intelligent Systems. Fire Emblem Remake could be Intelligent Systems. Fire Emblem Engage was them. Warioware Move It! is theres.

In the span of 2 years they could have 4 games from 3 series lol. That would be a well oiled machine. This generation they’d have

-Fire Emblem Three Houses
-Paper Mario Origami King
-Warioware Get it Together!
-Fire Emblem Engage
-Warioware Move It!
-Peach game
-Fire Emblem 4 remake

Peach game could be Intelligent Systems. Fire Emblem Remake could be Intelligent Systems. Fire Emblem Engage was them. Warioware Move It! is theres.

In the span of 2 years they could have 4 games from 3 series lol. That would be a well oiled machine. This generation they’d have

-Fire Emblem Engage
-Warioware Move It!
-Peach game
-Fire Emblem 4 remake

The power of Gacha money.

-Fire Emblem Engage
-Warioware Move It!
-Peach game
-Fire Emblem 4 remake
I'm personally still not convinced Peach is actually from them, though if we don't get another Paper Mario (that isn't TTYD HD) soonish, there's certainly merit to it I suppose. It would also explain the Paper Mario vibes some are getting from it.

Refresh my mind, was Mario Wonder a leak?

IIRC, people started saying “Wonderland” just moments before the last Direct. I always saw it as funny guesswork and was surprised to see it match the announced game.

Refresh my mind, was Mario Wonder a leak?

IIRC, people started saying “Wonderland” just moments before the last Direct. I always saw it as funny guesswork and was surprised to see it match the announced game.

Could be remembering wrong, but i think Pyoro tweeted about it some days before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom