• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I'm not super sure where this belongs, though since this relates to Nintendo Directs and announcements/releases happening in the near future, I thought this would fit here.
Since late July, I've been looking into Amiibo, Amiibo restocks, and the connections they have to their announcements and reveals, and I wanted to present what I've found so far and what it has related to so I can get some possible feedback on my research (I've mostly been researching this in more closed off Discord communities, so I've been trying to reach out to others without a general bias to see if they think this has much ground).
This is going to be a bit long, though there is a lot to say on the matter. I'll provide a TLDR at the end.

----
  • On July 25th, there was a massive Greece retailer who listed a bunch of Amiibo restocks happening.
    (Source)

image.png

The first 2 waves relate to Smash Brothers, the first wave being on August 28th, and the second wave being on November 10th, Rosalina and Boo (SMB Line) were restocked on August 28th, and Wedding Mario, Peach, and Bowser, Samus (Metroid Line), Wolf Link, Archer Link, and Links Awakening Link I don't have exact dates for, so I'd assume "Fall - Holiday 2023."

This stood out to me. In 2020, there was a Polish Amiibo leak that happened, and all of those restocks pointed to Nintendo announcements being made from May 2020 - February 2021.
These included...
SMB Mario: Restocked in September 2020 (SMB 35th Anniversary)
The Zelda Line: Restocked in September 2020 (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity's announcement)
The Splatoon Line: Restocked in June 2020 and in February 2021 (Splatoon 2 Support coming back, Splatoon 3's announcement)
Cloud and Cloud P2: Restocked in late September 2020 (Steve's Smash reveal)
Ryu: Restocked in early September 2020 (Steve's Smash reveal)
The Pokemon Smash Line: Restocked in late November 2020 (Sephiroth's Smash reveal)

After remembering this, since the Smash line was getting restocked, I decided to look into the Amiibo restocks I could and see what I connected to, and after digging, I realized that I've looked through most, if not all, of the restocks that has happened since the Switch era, and ALL of them has connected to software announcements and releases.
I wrote a document with all of the restocks I could find.
image.png
image.png

(When the restocks happen late in the month, when the announcement happens early the next month, I just put "1 month [X]" to make it simpler.)
(The last 2 Animal Crossing ones could also just be them selling off pre-existing stock since I found those on reddit, though both posts were in early April.)
(Some of these are also rough estimates due to the exact date being unavailable and the article only referring to it happening on a specific month.)

After looking at reputable Aliexpress retailer "ArtSwift"'s account, there's a lot more than this that has connected, like Smash restocks being before Sora's reveal and before his release, alongside the Metroid Smash line being restocked alongside Metroid Dread's release.

I think I looked as much as I did due to being in part disbelief that Smash news could be happening soon due to the restocks. But I couldn't find one that wasn't related to an announcement, release, or big push for that specific brand (Mar10 day, which had a Switch Bundle of "Pick 1 out of 3 Mario games" and Bowser with the Mario Movie)
Long story short, all of the Amiibo restocks they've done are related to software announcements and releases related to the line they're restocking. It's a bit of a crazy pattern.
This means all of the restocks they're doing should also connect to stuff.
So, in this same document, I wrote down what can be concluded about the restocks, New Amiibo in general, and what the restocks could be related to.
image.png

At first thought, I assumed the Smash restocks needed to be for Nintendo Live, but on their FAQ page, they specifically say that there will be no new product announcements at the event. (Source)
Then I thought Nintendo would announce them on August 28th since that's the date they go on sale. They would have to announce them then to make sure the demand for the Amiibo is there, much like how they announced the Skyward Sword Link restock on June 20th, since that didn't directly connect to a new announcement (though it did connect to TOTK's release) (Source)
But they didn't do that. This follows the pattern of what they normally do to prep up an announcement/release to silent stock stores so there is enough Amiibo stock demand for people who are interested in using them for new software.
These restocks also aren't happening in the Americas, and they have brand new packaging, which specifically excludes the American and Canadian websites. (Source)
This is due to the fact NoA is the global center of marketing for Nintendo since it is Nintendo's biggest financial market. They hold off on having Amiibo restocked in the Americas, specifically when they want to tie it into something.
For 2 examples, they restocked Kirby's Amiibo in Japan a couple of weeks after Super Kirby Clash was announced/released, and they restocked Fire Emblem Amiibos in Australia on December 16th, the day they announced the Engage Expansion Pass at The Game Awards 2022.
(Fire Emblem Source) (Kirby Source)

Of course, despite researching this extensively, I wasn't convinced anything was happening until they didn't announce it yesterday, but today, they announced the Super Mario Bros. Wonder Direct, which directly connects with the SMB Rosalina and Boo restocks that happened on the 28th.
To me, this pretty much soft-confirms something Smash-related, software-wise, is going to happen. They've never done restocks specifically for Amiibo announcements, and speaking of which...

• On July 4th, Artswift, the Amiibo retailer I referred to earlier, said that they expect a Sora Amiibo announcement "in the near future."
    (Source)
This is probably the strongest piece of evidence relating to something Smash Brothers happening in this direct, for 5 main reasons.
1. They've never announced new Amiibo on their own during the Switch generation, especially for a 5-year-old game. It has always been announced alongside or shortly after new content, announcement, or release. The only time they've announced an Amiibo unrelated to new content day and date were Marine and Pearl, which...
  • It was announced 2 days after the Splatoon 2 Concert that happened in February, which happened on a weekend, which means they couldn't of announced it
  • The day after, we got the Splatoon 2 Starter Kit announced
  • Not even a month later, we got the Octo Expansion announced on the March 8th Direct.
(This is a good source to find when they've announced a brand new Amiibo.)
2. The Sora Amiibo wasn't announced in the Sora Sakurai presents. If they were planning on just revealing it 2 months after Pyra/Mythra's Amiibo release with nothing tied to it, why not announce it alongside everyone else?
3. The Sora Amiibo code isn't in the game, which means if they randomly announce it, they would have to go back into the game after 2 years and program the Amiibo AI and roll out the update, which isn't an easy task nor is something any company nor developer would willingly do. They updated the game to have Amiibo support from Min Min to Kazuya. If they weren't saving it for something, why not include it? It'll be a waste of resources on Nintendo to do it randomly. Sakurai said the team "disbanded" in October 2021, and they would have to come back together ONLY to patch the game with Sora Amiibo support, something very unlikely if they're not working on a new game, like how they were able to patch Sm4sh to add Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta Amiibo support in 2017 since they were working on Ultimate, which was after they were announced in the December 2015 Smash Presentation, due to them knowing they wouldn't have the chance to announce it sooner.
(Source on Smash Ultimate updates)
4. They've never done restocks for new Amiibo specifically. Sometimes, a release could align with a new Amiibo being announced, though there has never been a case where a game, after being dormant for years, gets a new Amiibo announced with nothing new tied to it.
5. Since Sora would have to have the Smash Ultimate branding, it is very unlikely for it to be announced alongside content for a game that isn't Ultimate.

• There is a lot more that points to something happening, though I would only like to point out a couple more things.
- They restocked the Smash Gamecube controller in Japan. The last time they did this was in January 2020, 3 weeks before Fighters Pass 2's reveal.
(Source for 2023 Restock) (Source for 2020 Restock)
-Smash Amiibo tend to be stocked, on average, 16 days from the restock to their reveal (Fatmanonice's research). 16 days from now would be September 13th, the probable date of the direct.
-The Smash Site updated, seemingly removing the Accessories page that was there (Internet Archive shows it was removed by December 2022 - April 2023)

(What the Smash site looks like since April 2023) (What the Smash site looked like before April 2023)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's DLC is ending in September with its last wave, much like how they announced it the earliest they could after Sora was announced. Nintendo needs to announce DLC with content waves like how they did with Smash and Mario Kart so they can put it on their NSO service.
- Restocks happen in waves ONLY with releases (TOTK, BOTW, Fire Emblem, and Kirby). This means the content the line is for has to be released at some point this year, which means it can't be for a new game or a "port" to a newer generation.

----
This is about everything I wanted to share and have possible feedback on. Apologies for the long read, but there is so much here that points to more content for Ultimate being announced in the probable September direct. Even if we don't get anything Smash, it was fun looking into all of this, and at least we have something to use that could relate to new software.
  • TLDR:
    Amiibo restocks have historically 99% been related to upcoming Nintendo software announcements or releases. These restocks can not relate to Nintendo Live, and they weren't announced the day they went live, meaning they relate to future announcements and releases.
    Here are the upcoming restocks and what they could relate to:

-August 28th, 2023: Smash Series Restock Wave 1 [New Content Reveal?] (1 month before reveal?)
    -November 10th, 2023: Smash Series Restock Wave 2 [New Content Release?] (Same month as release?)
    -August 28th: SMB Rosalina and Boo Restock [Mario Wonder Direct]
    -Fall 2023: Wedding Mario, Peach, and Bowser Restock [Mario Wonder] (Could be same month?)
    -Fall 2023: Wolf Link, Archer Link, and Links Awakening Link [TOTK DLC/Wind Waker and Twilight Princess] (Could be same month?)
    -Fall 2023: Metroid Line Samus [Metroid Prime 4 Re-reveal] (Could be same month/1 month after?) (Can't be Prime 2 and/or 3 since they don't have Amiibo Functionality)

Sora Amiibo being expected by retailers, the Gamecube controller restocks, and the Smash site updating removing the accessories tab makes me think it's more likely we'll get something Ultimate related than not, and if they want to sell a long-running DLC pass on NSO since MK8's DLC is about to end, a Fighter's Pass 3, and putting Fighter's Pass 1 and 2 on there would be perfect.
----

EDIT (September 7th, 2023): Today, there was a report from Eurogamer and the VGC relating to new hardware being shown to devs behind closed doors, alongside possible signs of new hardware releasing in H1 2024 instead of the expected H2 2024.
(Source)
With the MK8 Bundle being a month earlier than usual, it seems likely to me that new hardware will be at least shown by the end of the year.
(Source)
If this is the case, then the new content we could be getting could not be a full-on Pass 3, but instead takes the form of Ultimate Deluxe or something.

TLDR 2: Basically, due to recent information, I am backtracking my statements made about it NEEDING to be for a Pass 3, but rather, while I still think a Pass 3 is a likely option, it can now easily be for something relating to next-gen, taking the form of an Ultimate "Deluxe."
I know many people aren't talking about the Amiibo restocks, though I just wanted to clarify some things due to things that have happened since I posted this.

1. I no longer believe the Smash restocks will be for a Pass 3. With the current information out there, it makes little sense. However, I also do not think this all will only relate to the Sora Amiibo. I think this leading to an "Ultimate Deluxe" on new hardware is the most probable option and accounts for everything, including changing the packaging to remove any mention of the Switch.
2. I have no idea if the Smash stuff will be in the direct. I don't want people dismissing this entire theory if it isn't. If we get nothing, that is even stranger since they didn't announce the restocks when they actually restocked them.
3. They moved the MK8 Holiday Bundle to October and not November. This is a really weird thing to do if they weren't going to announce something relating to hardware around the month of November.

I also want to apologize if this stuff doesn't actually pan out all by the end of the year. I would have no idea why Nintendo would decide to break a basically 7-year-trend now for no reason. This took a lot of time and research, and presenting it to the public only for it, basically for the first time, not mean anything, would really suck, to put it lightly.

I do think everything listed, being Smash, Zelda, Mario, and Metroid restocks, will mean something, and it would be weird if at least the Zelda and Metroid restocks weren't for this upcoming direct.

That's all I wanted to say to the people willing to read. Once again, I have high hopes this will all pan out; "when" is just the thing in question.

Last edited:
Is Punch-Out on the Wii really that offensive though? Like sure, every character is a stereotype but it's all in good fun and everyone gets made fun of in 1 way or another. I'd like to think most people would be OK with it, and there would always those people on Twitter but I don't think anyone should pay much attention to them.
you can do nothing on politically, correct, with a risk of ofending someone, Punch-Out have a lot of that

If a remake or new game of Punch-Out does ever happen, obviously it will be very different from the stereotype-stuffed older games. My guess is Nintendo does nothing with it, but a revival adjusted for modern sensibilities isn't out of the realm of possibility.

If they’re going to make another MvDK, the least they can do is give us a better Mario to DK ratio. I’m not expecting a DK reference for every Mario one, but something more than just “generic jungle level with DK island swing in the background” would be nice for once

I think they could 100% make a new Punch-Out game or port the Wii one without much controversy. If they wanna be safe, changing the designs and stories of some characters isn't that hard. Just because a series in the past has had some sus aspects doesn't mean it's doomed to never get a game again. Look at Street Fighter and Final Fight (I know Final Fight hasn't had a game in awhile but hold on, they crossover). These games have had a few offensive characters and yet we see Capcom rewriting and improving the lore so characters like Poison could get added to SFV. I'm not sure if anything in Punch-Out was as extreme, so I'm sure Punch-Out could exist today.

One thing that's pretty cool and respectful in Punch-Out!! Wii on Next Level's part is that they actually got the proper corresponding ethnicity for each voice actor and character. For example, Piston Honda is voiced by a Japanese VA, Glass Joe a French VA, Von Kaiser a German dude, etc

Didn't know this until now: Bear Hugger's voiced by Richard Newman (an American-Canadian, fittingly enough), who voiced Rhinox in Beast Wars!
That's actually pretty awesome. I had no idea either.

Been trying to wrap my head around this and genuinely the only DS and Wii games that are related to each other I can see getting a remake are… NSMBDS and Wii??

I sincerely doubt it considering the obvious, but like, what else is there? Unless it’s moreso them sharing similarities than the games literally being sister titles.
the DS and Wii remake, Pyoro is hiting, could be for a third party, since this hint is too vague, it could apply to both first party or third party games.

Okay, I'll stop following the leaks. It's become incomprehensible to me.

I'm pretty sure that the like on F-Zero 99 is a joke in reference to the MEME. Only Mario vs DK seems plausible to me. I still doubt that a real DK will be unveiled because of Super Mario Bros. Wonder.

Someone needs to tell Pyoro that can't happen because Nintendo doesn't work with IPs they own from dead companies. 🗿

Regularly updated list of Pyoro’s leaks by Dutchie
I remember Another Code not getting a particularly great reception at the time of release, but seems there are fans here.

Odd choice to bring back. I wonder if former Cing folk are involved in any capacity?

Been trying to wrap my head around this and genuinely the only DS and Wii games that are related to each other I can see getting a remake are… NSMBDS and Wii??

I sincerely doubt it considering the obvious, but like, what else is there? Unless it’s moreso them sharing similarities than the games literally being sister titles.
I saw people on the games leaks subreddit discussing the possibility of the games being Prime 3 and Hunters, and for some reason they'd just skip Prime 2. I have no clue where this idea came from but a few people were subscribing to the idea since "Prime 2 wasn't important". I'd cry if they skipped Prime 2 and just rebranded Prime 3 as Prime: Corruption.

I feel like pyoro needs to be more specific when it comes to niche games like this. Obviously they have a cult following, but most people really aren’t interested in Another code, or know what it is. Him saying “a Wii and DS game” is going to make people think of big games like Mario

Pretty confident that Metroid Prime Hunters is going to get left in the dust. When it comes to the situation of Metroid Prime 2 and 3 remasters, my guess is a Pikmin 1+2-styled thing. Hopefully in next week's Direct.

I feel like pyoro needs to be more specific when it comes to niche games like this. Obviously they have a cult following, but most people really aren’t interested in Another code, or know what it is. Him saying “a Wii and DS game” is going to make people think of big games like Mario
I think that's the point.. at the end of the day, this is all for internet clout. It's getting incredibly frustrating

Hmm I kind of disagree tbh. I’ve seen people speculating a lot of titles. I don’t think people were jumping to Mario. Of course a bigger fanbase would want Mario.

Fun Fact: NLG originally intended for the final boss fight in Punch Out Wii to be against Princess Peach but Nintendo NOPED out on them so hard that empty Tim Hortons cups and bits of poutine launched out of their heads.

The Princess Peach bit is true btw, can you imagine?

I think that's the point.. at the end of the day, this is all for internet clout. It's getting incredibly frustrating
But like, I feel like it’s more understandable with the first party games because those are the ones people come for, so it’s good to build suspense. But to say that a Wii and DS game are getting remade, then drop a third party very few people know. It rubs me the wrong way

Gang the point is not to get too invested in the hypothetical thing you've invented in your head

Even though I'll be gutted when Triforce Strategy remains a figment of my imagination.

Is there really anything else in the conversation?

New DK game won’t be announced until later. 2D Zelda doesn’t seem like something Nintendo would do now with switch 2 around the corner. I can’t think of anything else to end the direct on other than Prime 4.
Yeah new DK game is probably February Direct. If anything they put a 10s clip of it mentioning he'll get his game next year to avoid hate on Mario vs DK.
Princess Peach can be the opener tho.
The ray traced reflections in the water of the Wii boxart clearly means the remaster is for Switch 2
4 in Japan symbolizes death
Starting with a 4 and ending with a 4 represents th death of the Switch and birth of the Switch 2

1a2ae7e6-f1ec-46d5-bb10-fff3b40641f0
Or it means the death of the Switch 2!!!
Why would Pyoro call out Ashen like that? The dude doesn’t have to be a fake leaker and get banned from this website. We’ve seen leakers have some bad info here and there. Nate has gotten things wrong before.

If most of Ashens stuff checks out, especially the Kirby game, I think he’s good.
Wait he's calling out Ashen?? I don't remember ashen saying that Peach wouldn't have the name revealed. He only said we'll see the game, no?
There it is! It’s Another Code/Trace Memory like folks were speculating

JESUS CHRIST, YES!!! YES!!! WE WON!!!!!

A quick recap of Pyoro's stuff so far for the upcoming Direct:
  • Nintendo Direct upcoming week, probably either Wednesday the 13th or Tuesday the 14th
  • A new F-Zero game, could possibly be F-Zero 99
  • Untitled Princess Peach game will be there, possibly titled 'Princess Peach Showtime' or similar
  • A new Mario vs Donkey Kong game, with the return of the mini's
  • A remake of Another Code/Trace Memory
  • A new 99 type of game, possibly F-Zero 99
Please let me know if i missed anything!
Still, other than the Peach game nothing big. Peach could be opener, maybe. But nothing on a bigger scale from Pyoro right now. Metroid Prime 4 looking good…haha

If we get Another Code/Trace Memory, does that mean Kyle Hyde's shenanigans in Hotel Dusk/The Last Window stand a chance of coming back?

(I've given up trying to stay up to date on this thread; I'm assuming the last 35 pages were all fluff n shitposts)

There was no reason to think it was a bigger game, the fact it was "remakes of a wii and ds game" had people hone in on Another Code instantly.

If we get Another Code/Trace Memory, does that mean Kyle Hyde's shenanigans in Hotel Dusk/The Last Window stand a chance of coming back?

(I've given up trying to stay up to date on this thread; I'm assuming the last 35 pages were all fluff n shitposts)
You’re never going to catch up on reading the pages lol

Another Code/Trace Memory remake
Mario vs DK
F-Zero GX remaster and/or F-Zero 99
Princess Peach Showtime

It’s what we got so far from Pyoro

Thanks for the summary, this is a hard thread to follow.

It'll be interesting to see who's behind Another Code and how that came about but yeah, more niche stuff could well come along in the longer term.

On a personal note, I'm happy the Direct date seems to be the 14th instead of 13th for having Thursday off work instead of Wednesday! Hopefully in the morning, too, so there's less time to get to it.

Ashen is partially wrong so far. I think he said no Peach title name would happen, which honestly makes no sense. If we saw the game again, which we will, Nintendo would give the title
I think their FFT claim is wrong, as well -- at least for the Direct. Though the claim also included TGS or VGA... so.

I'm not 100% certain but I'm not expecting to see FFT in the Direct at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom