• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@gamerguy I like yer avatar!

Thanks. I'm finally playing through them all (1,2,Torna,3).

I'm hoping for some MP4. I really loved dread, and the remaster of Prime. I played through Prime 1/2 on my gamecube this year and am ready. It's been cooking for a while now.

I would also love a new Waverace. I have no basis or expectation it will be in a direct. I just want it. I love blue storm... it's the best arcade racer ever made, with dynamic weather effects that crank the physics something crazy. 60fps, new courses, crazy weather physics, and gyro controls. Want. It probably wouldn't sell though. Nobody makes arcade racers unless it's a kart game.

Ok still don't understand, you mean Nintendo got a hold of pyoro? Or at least that's what is assumed, because he is no longer posting?
Basically if Nintendo found out who the leaker was, they either fired the internal employee, or exerted pressure on the company in question to have that person fired to stay in Nintendo's good graces (ie it was a gamestop marketing person who was the source).

Yes yes! Let’s keep finding employees really hyping this up
dougi5duk.png

When nintendo goes in for the kill, it is always a silent kill.
Swift in the night, leaving no trace.

PractialBrush, Pyoro...Heck even the guy who leaked all those details and screenshots of Scarlet/Violet(not Khu, some other guy I forogt the name) vanished without a trace

Focusing on games launching on winter is kind of odd or am i reading too much into it?
It's pretty much the same wording they used last September, where they showed Pikmin 4 (June) and closed on Zelda (May). They never actually stick to what they say they'll be focusing on. Winter goes from December to March, so this'll most likely be their "holiday sales pitch+setting up Q1 of next year" direct with probably a game or two that are further out.

They choose how to word these tweets, so the "focused on" parts are always meant as expectation setters for us, and not binding restrictions for Nintendo.

Tbh my predictions videos are so GOATed, last time, we got nothing right but one of my friends threw out a Peach game as a "pie-in-the-sky" hope, and THAT ended up being correct, so maybe the magic will happen again... I mean who knows tbh

I want the final reveal in this direct to be a new game that will get the fans happy like FE4 remake or Prime 4, Splatoon 3 Side Order is just too bland to be the final reveal.

Basically if Nintendo found out who the leaker was, they either fired the internal employee, or exerted pressure on the company in question to have that person fired to stay in Nintendo's good graces (ie it was a gamestop marketing person who was the source).
If Pyoro tweets ever again, I'm still holding to it's a similar situation to ArcadeGirl64, where she was in a relationship with someone from marketing and Nintendo likely knew about it/approved of the "leaks" (and nobody can say "what if they didn't know?" because if everyone on every Nintendo.forum knows her by name, then Nintendo surely does, as well.

its sad i saw some of the ' hate ' comments for pyoro yesterday , i wonder if he is reading famiboard as well
Dude it is a leaker , at some point we’re going to have to let go.

This entire thread was more about pyoro than the direct.

You all went into withdraw when they stopped tweeting.

When nintendo goes in for the kill, it is always a silent kill.
Swift in the night, leaving no trace.

PractialBrush, Pyoro...Heck even the guy who leaked all those details and screenshots of Scarlet/Violet(not Khu, some other guy I forogt the name) vanished without a trace

So what you're saying is that Nintendo is silent but deadly.

I think the worst direct in recent memory was last September's farming direct and it still had a lot of bits to like. I'm not too concerned about it. Perhaps the only thing that might show is the fact the software pipeline would inevitably be drying up for Switch 2
This is my favorite direct😟

FINAL UPDATE ON THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE
Here we are with the final update on THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! I'm sad to report all three remaining challengers were taken out today as Nintendo announced the Direct at 7:00 AM for a show tomorrow September 14th at 7:00 AM. Pokemon shifting to yesterday was certainly a major factor I feel that no one weeks ago could have seen coming. Shoutout to shoptroll though for getting the closest here as they were only off by one hour in their announcement guess!

Here you are shoptroll!

53154165401_276316c10a_n.jpg

You got Hinano Miyako as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Rusty Venture is a mad scientist so I picked Magia Record’s scientist magical girl for your avatar. She fights Witches using the vials of chemicals she carries with her. Hinano is a veteran magical girl and is one of the side characters who helps rally together others when the Wings of the Magius decide to truly invade Kamihama. You too are certainly a veteran of these boards :)

Here are your choices of titles:

Fami's #1 Hinano Miyako Fan!
Magical Girls <3
I Lost The Legendary Speculator Challenge

Here you are VegiHam!

53154657378_df8b7c4571_n.jpg

You got Tsukasa Amane as your new avatar from now until two weeks after the Direct airs! I don’t know if you saw, but you and Marce-Chan both had Link avatars in this challenge so at that point I knew I had to pick the Amane Twins for you both! Like her sister Tsukuyo, Tsukasa also is a White Feather in the Wings of the Magius and wields a flute in battle. I drew another connection to Link there as he plays a different kind of flute in Phantom Hourglass. Tsukasa is a bit more fun and easy-going compared to her sister, so it made sense to give you Tsukasa as someone running with the Fun Tier.

Since you did pick the Fun Tier for the challenge, you do not have to change your title, but here are some options if you wanted one anyway 😊

Fami's #1 Tsukasa Amane Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Here you are Xorhan!

53154165361_31cae463a7_n.jpg

You got Konoha Shizumi as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! I’m unfamiliar with the character in your avatar so I wasn’t sure at first which character to pick. Your prediction dates were my favorite at the start of the challenge, so I decided to give you one of my favorite characters, Konoha. While she doesn’t have much of a role in the main story aside from participating in the final battle, Konoha was a staple character in my party for much of the game. I really dug both her fighting style that centered around her two sided scythe that has a butterfly design on both ends and her super powerful and spectacular Magia attack.

Here are your choices of titles:

Fami's #1 Konoha Shizumi Fan!
Magical Girls <3

I want to thank again all 13 challengers who competed in THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! While none of you may have gone down in Fami history as Legendary Speculators, your courage to jump into a mystery avatar and title bet for bragging rights really helped make an already awesome and wild speculation season on Famiboards even better!

I also want to give shoutouts to chocolate_supra, meatbag, Raccoon, Djehuty, soundchaser, and Tangerine_Cookie for joining in on the magical girl fun :)

Let's keep the awesome times going Fami through tomorrow's Direct :)

Considering changing my username colour to emerald in a bid to will the rumoured new SaGa into appearing. Otherwise hoping for some nice AA surprises or a Fire Emblem reveal. Today has been pretty stressful so either way this will be a nice break.

She's appeared in Brawl as a trophy and also In Ultimate as a spirit
You can tell Nintendo did have a soft spot for Another Code and would have wanted to do more if Cing didn't file for bankruptcy.
1694616092550949.png

ngl I'm pretty pessimistic for this Direct. The leaks didn't inspire much confidence, and with likely being the final Direct for Switch 1, I'm betting all the cool shit is being saved for the successor reveal in March

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, though

With Nate also confirming a SoP for tomorrow, it’s hard to not get excited. Even if both are underwhelming, all of the announcements on one day should be a lot of fun regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom