• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SEGA seems to not care about putting older Sonic games on the most popular platform for them, unfortunately. It seems like their logic is “we already made those games available on other platforms, and since you can play them via backwards compatibility or on PC right now why bother porting them again?” They won’t even make Switch the lead platform for Sonic game development despite it making so much more sense than sacrificing the quality of the version of the game that will inevitably sell the most.
Also kind of odd they haven’t put the sonic advance games on NSO when they don’t seem to be in any hurry to put out a collection of the portable games. Some of that though is Nintendo’s slow walking of releases too

Don’t you dare besmirch the good name of process with anime weeb games
You can't accuse people of besmirching The Process when you posted this blasphemy on page 152!
I feel like I’ve been disagreeing with everyone today. Like literally every step of the road I have the opposite opinion. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, COME AT ME FAMIBOARDS, MELEE REMAKE IS HAPPENING, RHYTHM HEAVEN IS HAPPENING, PRIME 4 WILL GET CANCELLED, DK WILL REIGN SUPREME. ALL HAIL THE PROCESS, IT NEVER FAILS

The timing of something like Star Fox Adventures would be so hilarious, with Beyond Good & Evil coming out, and Wind Waker/Twilight Princess likely to be revealed/released early next year, but I really enjoyed that game, and would love to play it on Switch.

As someone who skipped TOTK, and didn't exactly love BOTW, I'd be here for ALL of the classic Zelda gameplay mechanics.

The timing of something like Star Fox Adventures would be so hilarious, with Beyond Good & Evil coming out, and Wind Waker/Twilight Princess likely to be revealed/released early next year, but I really enjoyed that game, and would love to play it on Switch.

As someone who skipped TOTK, and didn't exactly love BOTW, I'd be here for ALL of the classic Zelda gameplay mechanics.
Wait, Beyond Good & Evil? There's been smoke about a port? Cuz that sequel is never coming out at this point.

A 20th Anniversary edition port got rated for Switch a week ago
Sweet, I bought it for the PS3 years ago, but I never really got around to playing it. I'm currently playing FF12 and I'm going straight to 16 next, so that's going to the backlog...... again 🙃

God, that reminds me. I completely botched my New Years resolution to finish ten games this year after I beat five, last year. I know that sounds lame as hell, but still! 😤 The only game I've beaten this year is Pokemon Scarlet.

God, that reminds me. I completely botched my New Years resolution to finish ten games this year after I beat five, last year. I know that sounds lame as hell, but still! 😤 The only game I've beaten this year is Pokemon Scarlet.
My goal was to beat 50+ games this year and I've only beaten 23 so far :(

I normally beat around around 40 and I'm not even close yet. Busy ass year.

I've also been trying to get out of my comfort zone and play other games outside of RPGs and fighting games, haven't really done that yet......

Pikmin 4 is tracking pretty well so far, especially in Japan (which should help carry it quite a bit). It’ll at least easily surpass 3 Deluxe as the series best seller when we get numbers in November. Some series have ceilings and that’s alright, expectations will also vary for these series. Maybe Engage is a disappointment for dropping relative to Three Houses (which has passed 4m), but that’s just one example.

Before last year Kirby would be batched in with these series, the original written off as a one-time outlier, but a jump to 3D broke through that ceiling.
Kirby and the forgotten land is the best selling game in the franchise. Over 6 million copies actually heck Star Allies sold 4 million copies. It’s not a Mario or a Zelda but that franchise is still making profits

Honestly, if Golden Sun fans can believe their game franchise can return, I don't see how Custom Robo's return is any less possible.
Chrono fans:
anime-hyouka.gif

Zelda was the Monolith action game. Let it go lol.
Then why did the Monolith recruitment page list it completely separate from Zelda, and clearly state it's for something different from what Monolith has done and is known for?

you better believe I've already made 200 posts in this thread and am accordingly in its top 10 posters
As it should be.

You can't accuse people of besmirching The Process when you posted this blasphemy on page 152!
TRUTHS BE SPOKEN 🙌

How does one check this?
At the top of the thread where you select watch thread and whatnot, there is a drop down tab which is three dots and an arrow. Hit that and then select “who’s replied?”. That will show you from most to least.

I guess with the huge breakthrough success of BOTW and TOTK it's reasonable to expect more Zelda games now. Maybe they'll treat it like Mario.
There have been four Zelda games released, already, on Switch, with at least two more coming.

And, I believe, between 4-6 on 3DS.

At the top of the thread where you select watch thread and whatnot, there is a drop down tab which is three dots and an arrow. Hit that and then select “who’s replied?”. That will show you from most time last.
Thank you, very cool!

How do you even have the time for that? Most of my backlog consists of RPGs. I can't imagine beating 20 of those within a year.
I beat a lot of shorter / medium sized games, like Mega Man 3, Mario 1, Pikmin 3 etc. I have played some big games though, but I don't think that's too bad. A decent number of people in the games complete thread have way more games beat than me!

This is all we have to go by and it describes "an action game that falls outside of the company's brand". To me, that implies no Xenoblade or even Zelda (this posting was released in June 2017, three months after BotW, MS's third Zelda title). MS has multiple teams, some of which are support teams for games like Animal Crossing.
Ugh I really wanna see this new ip, I can already imagine how it would feel on the switch 2. Damn they better release the Xenoblade trilogy on that thing lol I don’t even need 4K just better performance and better graphics but I wouldn’t complain about 4K

That doesn't really track with what the recruitment ad said. It was supposed to be outside of Monolith Soft's brand and that would include Zelda. Besides, they released a recruitment ad for a Zelda game three months before Tears of the Kingdom was first shown.

I'm pretty sure the translation for the page was simply about a "new challenge" and that they were hiring people with action experience, and/or who had experience with western trends. That was taken as "a new brand image"/new ip or whatever.

Consider that the job pages for Zelda and the action game directed to the same postings. Both were for production unit 2, which has been the dedicated Zelda team established during their BotW work. Similarly there's been no indication from game credits that there has been any significant amount of people available to work on another game. The one person that did reference an "action game" in their job history, was later confirmed to have been working on TotK.

Keep in mind, in between all of that, you had an interview with Takahashi saying only their Xenoblade pitches were being approved by Nintendo.

If it existed at all it was either canned/never approved, or put in deep freeze until Zelda was done. Maybe they can work on something else now, given that Zelda will be a long way off, but it's very hard for me to believe that they will have a new IP ready to drop in the next year or two.

I swear I must the be only Chrono Trigger fan in the world who actively doesn’t want a new Chrono game ever. I feel most of its fans just don’t understand that the things that made that game so appealing can’t ever again be replicated, not even with a remake.

I would be perfectly content with Square dropping an emulated ROM Collection of Mana style instead

I swear I must the be only Chrono Trigger fan in the world who actively doesn’t want a new Chrono game ever. I feel most of its fans just don’t understand that the things that made that game so appealing can’t ever again be replicated, not even with a remake.

I would be perfectly content with Square dropping an emulated ROM Collection of Mana style instead
I'm kinda halfway there. I don't want an HD-2D remake or anything, I really just want them to drop a straight port and be done, but I'd also love to see Chrono Break be made, even if it's outsourced to another studio that could do it justice (Sabotage is fresh in my mind now because of Sea of Stars but there are so many key people from CT at MonolithSoft now that they'd sorta be my dream studio to do CB). And if it comes out crap then hey, at least they didn't mess up the original! 😅

Also kind of odd they haven’t put the sonic advance games on NSO when they don’t seem to be in any hurry to put out a collection of the portable games. Some of that though is Nintendo’s slow walking of releases too
I’ll start worrying about that once we start getting any third-party GBA games on NSO. Though I am kinda worried about that because while the Sonic Advance games did get released for GBA Virtual Console on Wii U, they were only released in Japan. I’m worried that THQ’s involvement with publishing the games outside of Japan might be the reason why those games didn’t release on Virtual Console outside of Japan, and if that’s the case I worry that it’ll still be a problem on NSO…

I wonder if the Direct has a shot at getting announced tomorrow.
Maybe? Last year's September Direct was on a Tuesday, though that was a day before TGS, so that was the absolute latest that it could happen.

Don't they normally announce Directs like the day RIGHT before lol
eh, sometimes. I think it's usually day before when it's something small like a Mini or a Partner, but two days ahead is the norm for a regular Direct.

The Last Call - Summon The Direct Event Begins Now! Day 1 - RPG songs!
Hey everyone it’s time now to kick off our second thread event! It’s the Last Call - Summon The Direct Event! We’ve had a wild journey to reach this point and our journey together actually won’t be ending here as originally planned, but even so it’s time to hype up the final hours leading up to a Nintendo Direct announcement! For the next three nights if needed, I’ll be posting songs every hour united under set themes to count down to the Tweeting Hour. Eight songs will be posted starting from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM. 6:00 AM is typically the first tweet of the day with a Direct announcement usually landing either then or at 7:00 AM so that, and the very real possibility / inevitability that Fami crashes under our collective hype, are why songs will conclude then.

This is an event for the whole thread to enjoy together! First and foremost let’s keep our energy high as we count down the hours by keeping the fun discussions and posts going strong! I also readily encourage you to share your own favorite songs in each theme with the thread. Please be kind to mobile users and only share one youtube video per post. Multiple posts are 100% encouraged! While this thread will not shutdown upon Direct announcement due to us needing to remain separate from the non-spoiler crowd I still would like to continue the tradition of setting a page count goal to aim for before the Direct is announced. In the spirit of treating each night like it could be the one and to keep the excitement high, I’ll set a fresh page count goal every night :)

Our first countdown theme in the spirit of the TGS Direct is RPGs! Our first song is Last Call from Neo The World Ends With You!

Let’s have a great night together and summon the Direct with our energy! 8 hours to go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom