• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xghost777

Magical Girls <3 #TeamJRPG #TrustTheProcess
53099701503_bed0161e74_z.jpg

Welcome everyone to the sixth Nintendo Direct Speculation Star Topic on Famiboards! I’m super excited to be hosting this thread as we spend time hanging out and discussing just what is in store for the next Nintendo Direct. It is Prime time indeed for some more Wonderful speculation as we are generally expecting to be gearing up for the seemingly annual September Direct that precedes the Tokyo Game Show which begins on Thursday September 21st. While nothing is ever 100% certain with Nintendo, the general expectations walking in is for Nintendo to share upcoming game information up through roughly March of next year, make a few new software announcements and updates, and for there to be a greater focus on games from Japanese developers. In this opening post here, I’d like to collect information and resources helpful for the basis of good speculation and discussion as well as present some exciting games for the thread. Let’s get right to it then!

RESOURCES

First up here, let’s take a quick look at what games are coming out from Nintendo directly!

Pikmin 1 + 2 Physical Version September 22nd
Detective Pikachu Returns October 6th
Super Mario Bros. Wonder October 20th
WarioWare: Move It! November 3rd
Super Mario RPG November 17th
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (temp) 2024
Princess Peach will star as the main character in a brand new game (temp) 2024
Metroid Prime 4 TBA

Aside from Pikmin and possibly Detective Pikachu, all of the games above are strong contenders to have update information in the next Nintendo Direct. Of particular note I feel, are Super Mario Bros Wonder which may potentially share details on online features and Super Mario RPG which from the initial trailer did show a new gauge in the battle system. Will Super Mario RPG have other new content? Now seems like a good time to find out! Of course, the two most interesting announced games to potentially hear more about are Princess Peach’s new game which we saw a very short teaser of last time and Metroid Prime 4 which realistically all we know is that Retro Studios is developing it. Do you #trusttheprocess Fami for Metroid Prime 4? Is this finally our time!?

Additionally, we have some announced DLC to look forward to:

Mario and Rabbids Sparks of Hope Final Rayman DLC August 30th Out Now!
Pokemon SV The Teal Mask September 13
Splatoon 3 Side Order
Pokemon SV The Indigo Disk Winter 2023
Mario Kart Wave 6

A Wave 6 teaser for Mario Kart is practically a hard lock for the next Nintendo Direct. Who are the last characters and just what course will they tease for the grand finale? My guess is firmly on Pauline, Diddy Kong, and Rainbow Road Wii, but yes this will be a fun one to watch! The other interesting announced DLC is certainly Splatoon 3’s Side Order which teased a world devoid of color. Figuring out where both of these DLC land is perhaps one of the most interesting speculation puzzles left for the year. For Side Order specifically, will it be in the Direct or will it perhaps even precede the Direct? There are good arguments for both sides! While we are on the topic of DLC I think most of us are really starting to wonder if Zelda Tears of the Kingdom will finally get some form of free or paid DLC. This might be our last shot to find out this year.

UPDATE: Zelda Tears of the Kingdom is confirmed to have no DLC in the latest Famitsu interview. That's a bit disheartening!

Finally for our lists here, we all know Fami loves a good rumor so I’d like to compile a shortlist of notable rumors and keep this section up to date with major rumors (no “Switch 2 could be announced at Gamescom or not at all!” stuff). I’d also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone who needs to hear this to not randomly AT message and beg insiders who post on our boards for information. As the great Raccoon once put it, that behavior is “cringe.” (Hope you are doing well Raccoon)

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Fire Emblem Genealogy Remake
New Donkey Kong
F-Zero GX
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

In addition to the long rumored games (the top four of which are decent contenders for new announcements here btw), we may be getting new reports as this Direct period progresses. I plan to threadmark notable pieces of information so we can reference it easily. Getting out good information quickly is always encouraged and exciting, but eligible posts for threadmarks for Tweets in particular must also transcribe the tweet directly into the thread including relevant links because Twitter these days can be both unstable and threads are no longer viewable to those without a Twitter account.

Whenever is safely possible with rumors and reports, please point people to the direct sources of information. Informed discussion is better discussion as games of telephone often lead to hurt feelings for everyone involved. If Hide Tags are in use, please use them as well for all related discussion. We do not want to get people in trouble. Also, please keep in mind with all rumor talk we often only have a fraction of the information that may no longer even be fully true if it ever was at all. There’s no reason to be dismissive and rude to others or to be weirdly attached both in favor of or against video game news, rumors, speculation or even games themselves that may not pan out.

In short, always be kind to each other and let’s have fun!

UPDATE MARIO WONDER DIRECT

On August 31st we got a Direct for Super Mario Wonder! This Direct gave us more information on new characters and enemies, the game structure, new power ups, the new badge system, online play details, and more! I’ve included the archive in the OP for easy access!

THREAD GAMES

On that note, let’s discuss some thread games! Of course, we will have polls and the first one is already up now letting you easily express where you feel our next Direct is roughly landing! Beyond that we will also have weekly questions. I have prepared six to start, which should get us to TGS, but if we need more, I’ll happily write more! You can get a preview of the weekly questions below and I will make a threadmark when a new round officially starts!

Week 1 – From the two Directs this year, which game or games would you most like to see an update on at the next Direct?

Week 2 – Directs have been having themes lately. Last year was the Farm Direct, February was the Level 5 Direct, and June was the Mario Direct. What is the theme of this next Direct and if you could choose the theme yourself what would you pick?

Week 3 – From recent reports, we allegedly have another year ahead of more Switch. Which untapped series or character would you like to see get a new game before Switch 2 hits.

Week 4 – What anime or licensed game would you like to see announced at the next Direct?

Week 5 - What announcement(s) do you think are most likely for the next Direct?

Bonus Week 5 (original question) – If you could pick any old game or series to make a surprise comeback, what are you picking?

Week 6 - What game or games do you think will be shadowdropped at this Direct?

Our first major thread event has started, THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE. Please click on the link or check the threadmarks for info on how to apply! Everyone is welcome to join! Below is a list of participants so far! I will put this list in chronological order by announcement time if applicable and then air date. All times displayed are in Pacific Time.

@smoothies Challenger 1 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 5th 6:00 AM - Air Date September 6th 6:00 AM

@Marce-chan Challenger 14 - Courageous! - Announced Saturday September 9th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 3:00 PM

@Koren Lesthe Challenger 3 - Courageous! - Announced Monday September 11th 6:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 9:00 AM

@tee Challenger 8 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 7:00 AM

@Kysen Challenger 10 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 7:00 AM

@Josh5890 Challenger 11 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 2:00 PM

@Legion of Primes Challenger 12 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 2:00 PM

@SammyJ9 Challenger 2 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 3:00 PM

@Dragoncaine Challenger 4 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 3:00 PM

@Brofield Challenger 5 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Thursday September 14th 7:00 AM - Bonus Fun Guess Luigi’s Mansion 1 Shadowdrop

@shoptroll Challenger 13 - Courageous! - Announced Wednesday September 13th 6:00 AM - Air Date Thursday September 14th 7:00 AM

@VegiHam Challenger 7 - Fun! - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 7:00 AM

@Xorhan Challenger 6 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 19th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 20th 2:00 PM
There is at least one more thread event planned for the thread that will begin at the end of the Speculation Thread provided Nintendo doesn't completely blindside us!

That’s it from me for now. Let’s both bring the hype and have a wonderful time together Fami :)

Last edited:
No Directs the rest of the year. Directs are in a death spiral.

You'll get 2 Directs a year and you'll like it.

If I'm wrong someone quote this post and laugh at me.

*Joker here we go.gif

I need more information for Super Mario Wonder… and hoping about the F-Zero GX remaster.

I hope this September we get to see more of Princess Peach will star as the main character in a brand new game (temp)
I would expect maybe a second, incredible trailer but still no title (because Bill will say the title is a spoiler).

It'll be on the 13th or 14th. The week before is Starfield, which every game company on the planet not named Microsoft will avoid like the plague, and the week after would be cutting it close with TGS.

Plus, I'm going to be at Super Nintendo World on the 13th so I need the planets to align and give me a new Mario Kart Wave 6 trailer while I'm in line for the Mario Kart ride.

I’m wondering if here will be where Level 5 gives us the megaton Musashi wired release date or sooner.
Also we still don’t have a NA price for Baten Kaitos officially do we?

Feels too soon somehow. Anyways I hope for Zelda DLC or at least to not have the Amiibos be scalped to oblivion.

PREDICTION TIME!!! IT WILL HAPPEN AROUND THE SAME TIME IT DOES EVERY YEAR! THERE WILL BE GAMES SHOWN! TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!

Its likely between first 2 full september weeks.

Curious to get more info of upcoming 2024 games, hopefully long rumoured DK game will be announced!!

I'm excited for this thread and Direct! I think we are in for a good one between some needed updates and our first look ahead at 2024. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Mario Wonder, Mario RPG, and hopefully Peach. We definitely have an interesting curveball for Prime with the Jeff Grubb Echoes rumors, but darn I really think they are going to want Switch fans to have one big game to look forward to next year and I think it's finally Prime 4's time. Donkey Kong could do it too, but there's so much Mario stuff right now I think it gets saved for next year. Predicting Fire Emblem Genealogy Remake and F-Zero GX HD will get announced here with Paper Mario saved for next year. Hoping we get a genuine surprise too like a new HAL eshop game (like BoxBoy or Part Time UFO).

Hoping the Level 5 games resurface and hopefully Daemon X Machina 2 will be there since we haven't seen anything of it. I thought Atelier would be there for sure until it was revealed to be a gacha game for phones and PC yesterday lol.

God I feel like we just did this

We did but the addicts have started going through withdrawal so the Fami administration wants to quarantine all those people in one place before they start shambling through the streets and breaking down walls while screaming "Direct"

Gonna be either the first week or third week...last year was 3rd so I'm gambling 1st week.

Also I didn't think we'd see prime 4 before the switch 2 reveal but someone mentioned that botw was revealed before the switch so I'm on more hopium now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom