• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the new season launches on the 31st, Side Order probably won't be coming along with it. Nintendo already has major DLC releasing the day before in the Rayman expansion for Mario + Rabbids. I doubt they would schedule DLC right on top of each other like that.
They dumped a whole bunch of DLC on top of each other back in March this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't mind them running on top of each other in that sense. October, November, and December are all open for DLC and we do have three left to slot in provided Pokemon Wave 2 doesn't get delayed.
First round of predictions:

-Metroid Prime 4 gets a 2024 teaser
-F-Zero GX HD announced Dec 2023
-Metroid Prime 2 shadow drop
-Fire Emblem: Geneology announced- Jan 2024
-Splatoon 3 DLC
-TOTK DLC
I am also for Fire Emblem in January. Mimic this year.

I think GX is a September shadowdrop, but it would be weird if Echoes was also one so hmm...maybe you nailed it.

Few takes;

• Since we've already got 2 of H1 first party releases in the last Direct, we'll get just one in this one. Whatever it is, it'll accompanied by two henchmen: shadowdrops. Either Prime 4 + 2/3 shadowdrop or... New Starfox + Adventures/Assault shadowdrop. I want the latter one of course.
  • I expect Wonder/RPG to be there but not Pikachu or WarioWare.
  • The "million seller" title that Capcom teased. Gamescom or here? If here, my vote is on something Megaman related. A RPG. This one could be opener as Capcom titles opened Directs before.
  • Square needs to reveal one of the mid projects already. SaGa or Mana. It's been a while.
  • So does VanillaWare. They teased it enough.
  • Spike Chunsoft also had a JRPG project. perfect place to reveal it.
  • It's been a while since Namco announced a remaster or a port. We'll get some here. Big guess: Xenosaga trilogy.
  • Forever teased another remake, didn't they? I'd say... Crazy Taxi.
  • Could we get a Final Fantasy Tactics reveal to be released this year? yes we can.
  • Another R* port shortly after RDR? No. This time a Take Two game. Borderlands 3.
  • Persona 3 Reload? Nah, I expect it to be at February Direct.
  • MGS Collection Vol 2? Nah but I do expect another collection from Konami. Castlevania PS2 collection or Goemon N64 collection.
  • What big indie games can get announced here? Valheim, its exclusivity ends this October.
  • Marvelous just recently revealed 4 big games with no info. Get ready for first trailers for Daemon X Machina Titanic Scion and Japanese themed Rune Factory! Too early for Project Magia, I think.
  • Feral's next game, either Deus Ex Mankind Divided or Hitman Absolution. God, I hope it's NOT Hitman Absolution. It IS Hitman Absolution, isn't it.
  • Lightspeed Studios haven't done anything since that super successful Portal port. Maybe their next port is here? Left 4 Dead collection or... Half Life 2?
  • Yokai Watch

They dumped a whole bunch of DLC on top of each other back in March this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't mind them running on top of each other in that sense. October, November, and December are all open for DLC and we do have three left to slot in provided Pokemon Wave 2 doesn't get delayed.

I am also for Fire Emblem in January. Mimic this year.

I think GX is a September shadowdrop, but it would be weird if Echoes was also one so hmm...maybe you nailed it.
The DLC in March wasn't within 24 hours of each other though, it was given a few days to breathe. Releasing the Rayman DLC right before Side Order would be a horrible idea that I doubt Ubisoft and Nintendo would ever agree to.

The DLC in March wasn't within 24 hours of each other though, it was given a few days to breathe. Releasing the Rayman DLC right before Side Order would be a horrible idea that I doubt Ubisoft and Nintendo would ever agree to.
Just to be clear on my own end, I haven't picked a time yet for when Side Order will drop. Basically, I could see either end of the argument. It being right up against Mario and Rabbids is certainly cause for pause, but it being so simple that the new DLC launches when the new season launches also seems plausible to me. I'm also really wondering when Mario Kart Wave 6 drops. November feels right, but I think it's possible it squeaks out in October.

I'm also really wondering when Mario Kart Wave 6 drops. November feels right, but I think it's possible it squeaks out in October.
My guess would be between Wonder and RPG. So either the week of the 27th, or the week of the 9th, so as to avoid WarioWare. I’d lean the latter.

Prime 4, Astral Chain's sequel and maybe the Peach game. Those are the main ones I'd like to see (or see more of). As much as I want DK, too, I can't see that when it's Mario Time at the moment.

The "million seller" title that Capcom teased. Gamescom or here? If here, my vote is on something Megaman related. A RPG. This one could be opener as Capcom titles opened Directs before.
Rockman Taisen finally shows itself?!

...But seriously, one scenario I imagined is that while Capcom's TGS would likely be all in for Monster Hunter 6 (where THAT is perhaps revealed at Sony's own pre-TGS showcase?), Nintendo's could very likely be the place for Taisen to unveil itself.

Given its presence in the original nvidia leak, Taisen's probably not an exclusive, but maybe it's another Rise type of deal where Nintendo gets either a console-exclusive to share with a Steam release (a la MH Stories 2), or it's another staggered exclusive like Rise and GnG before it.

Either way, I'm ready to just FINALLY see whatever Taisen is.

i would unironically love to able to play the 64 castlvanina's on a modern console
Of course you would, CV 64 was a great game. Where the whole "CV64 was a bad game" talk is coming from, beats me. It was a good game for the platform it was on and it reviewed pretty well.

Though it aged pretty badly. A little touch up on graphics and animations might be needed.
Rockman Taisen finally shows itself?!

...But seriously, one scenario I imagined is that while Capcom's TGS would likely be all in for Monster Hunter 6 (where THAT is perhaps revealed at Sony's own pre-TGS showcase?), Nintendo's could very likely be the place for Taisen to unveil itself.

Given its presence in the original nvidia leak, Taisen's probably not an exclusive, but maybe it's another Rise type of deal where Nintendo gets either a console-exclusive to share with a Steam release (a la MH Stories 2), or it's another staggered exclusive like Rise and GnG before it.

Either way, I'm ready to just FINALLY see whatever Taisen is.
It's got to be this super secret Megaman title... or the next MH game. There's only 7 months until this unannounced game comes out, the last time Capcom announced a brand new title that had this short time between reveal and release, it was MH Rise on Switch. Could it be MH game so soon? Yes it can, all the patterns match!

If it's a Megaman title, definitely a Direct announcement.

If it's a MH title but only for home consoles? Gamescom announcement (pretty unusual place, though)

If it's a MH game with Switch as one of the platforms? 50-50 chance.

I'm expecting to not see the Princess Peach game until the February Direct next year. I figure we got such a short tease and no title because it's further out; I'm expecting late spring - early autumn for its release. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though!

Last edited:
I'm expecting to not see the Princess Peach game until the February Direct next year. I figure we got such a short tease and no title because it's further out. I'm expecting late spring - early autumn for its release. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though.
Ehh, we saw more during the reveal trailer than we did for Pikmin 4. That game was released 10 months after it was revealed. A similar timeframe for Princess Peach would mean a release in April.

Metroid Prime Remastered was delegated to a headline in the direct. Metroid Prime 2 would be the same. It gives them the ability to not have to bring up Prime 4 if they wanted to wait.

It's exciting knowing a remaster of my favorite game ever or either the follow up to my favorite trilogy has a high chance of appearing in a direct soon

If there are any NEW first party titles set to release before the Switch 2 next year, I expect them to come out ASAP. This includes the Peach game. The closer it releases to the Switch 2, the more it'll be forgotten about in the hype for the new console. Remasters make much more sense for the late Spring/Summer timeframe.

Ehh, we saw more during the reveal trailer than we did for Pikmin 4. That game was released 10 months after it was revealed. A similar timeframe for Princess Peach would mean a release in April.
for all the memes about Pikmin 4 taking so long, when it was finally revealed it was honestly suprising how brisk we got info for it and how soon it came out

If it's a MH title but only for home consoles? Gamescom announcement (pretty unusual place, though)
I disagree at least when it comes to MH6. I really think Sony secured at least the rights to lead off for marketing this title, again, even if it's not exclusive.

MH6 will probably debut at a Playstation State of Play sometime before TGS in September.

Good point! It's totally possible we'll see it soon.

Ok so I'm operating under the assumption that the Switch 2 is September at the earliest and we won't get a full blowout until June.

I don't think we hear anything about the Peach or Luigis Mansion games in the next direct unless they are coming in early 2024 (like first two months early). We will likely get a couple of other game announcements for 2024 though.

Eyyyy new Direct thread! Feels like we were just here, but I’d be lying if I said my hype wasn’t starting to build. Directs are such a special experience especially when shared with the community, so I’m pumped for another round with you all.

Here’s my humble wishlist for the September Direct

1. The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Master Quest shadowdrop. Higher difficulty, remixed temples and shrines and new enemy types.
  2. everyone has a good time

Excellent thread @xghost777 ! It’s time!

If I had to pick a date, it’s September 13th. TGS is later again this year but I don’t think they’ll do it literally the day before again like last year and we’re going to go back to the tried-and-true ‘week before TGS’ pattern.

That’s right, I’m bringing back the Pattern Police.

Ehhh… maybe. Don’t love the name.

My first Nintendo Direct with you :)
  • Probably new informations for Super Mario Bros Wonder and other games announced at the last Nintendo Direct.
  • News for Splatoon 3 DLC.
  • New announcement for Metroid Prime 4
3rd games are hard to predict. For example, Level-5 may give news about their games (Decapolice, Fantasy Life i, etc.) but they may also wait until TGS 2023.....

What I'm hoping from Nintendo :
  • F-Zero GX. I hope it's this game. I hope the rumors are solid. Metroid Prime 2 and 3, they've got time to (re)release them.
  • A new game for Donkey Kong.
I think my expectations are reasonable.

Hmmm, do we see another GC remaster shadow drop? We’ve had 2 in a row now, I think a third would set expectations that every direct going forward for the foreseeable would have one which Nintendo might not want due to the disappointment when one doesn’t appear. If we do get one though, I expect we get MP 2 and 3

Metroid Prime 2 HD - Released on eshop right after the Direct
Metroid Prime 3 HD - Released November, a retail release containing both MP 2 and 3 HD releases same day

FZero GX HD comes in Feb 2024

Do y’all think Peach makes the september direct?
The Direct better be like
qgcotxe.gif

Weekly Questions Week 1 Starts Now!
Our first weekly discussion question is officially up now!

Week 1 – From the two Directs this year, which game or games would you most like to see an update on at the next Direct?

I'll be posting a new question every week around this time, midnight from Wednesday into Thursday. I have six questions prepared, because TGS starts in six weeks now! Hopefully we'll be seeing our next Nintendo Direct by then :)

Do y’all think Peach makes the september direct?
I really hope so as they left us on a big cliffhanger in the first trailer, but it's also exactly the kind of trailer where I think they know the value in torturing us making us wait for more to bring more hype and intrigue to it.

@xghost777 :
Aside for the obvious next Super Mario Bros. Wonder trailer, all I'm waiting for is a Metroid Prime 4 reveal.
The time is coming. The time is now.

A weird thing with me and the Mario trailers is that I rarely find the reveal trailer to be the one that hooks me, it's usually the next one, they also usually put the game's main theme song in the trailer (just li ke they did with Mario 3D World and Mario Odyssey). I hope they'll do a nice one for Wonders ^^.

Last edited:
You know they say that all Direct are created equal, but you look at a General Direct and you look at a 3rd party Partner Showcase and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you try to predict the nature of the next direct, you got a 50/50 chance of getting it right. But the people at Nintendo are freaks and they are not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, to guessing it right. Then you add Mini Directs to the mix, your chances of guessing it right drastic go down. See the September Direct, you got a 33 1/3 chance of guessing it right.

So Famiboards, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus the 25% chance of Nintendo weirdness and you got an 8 1/3 chance of guessing the September Direct. But then you take the 75% chance of getting it right, if the patterns are respected, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, you got 141 2/3 chance of guessing the September Direct. See Famiboards, the numbers don't lie, and they spell Direct for you during TGS week.

Oh is it this time again already?

To be honest, between the last speculation / Direct and this thread, time didn't feel so boring.

Thanks to Zelda.

I wonder after the succes of Animal Crossing New Horizons, if they make a new spinoff or maybe remaster the Gamecube game?
That's the only one I haven't played yet.

But seeing the rumors of the Switch 2 that could be released next year, I don't think Nintendo plans on something big, maybe except Prime 4.

Week 1 – From the two Directs this year, which game or games would you most like to see an update on at the next Direct?

I'll be posting a new question every week around this time, midnight from Wednesday into Thursday. I have six questions prepared, because TGS starts in six weeks now! Hopefully we'll be seeing our next Nintendo Direct by then :)

Confirmed? Metroid Prime 4.
Unconfirmed by rumoured? Fire Emblem remake (Genealogy or Path of Radiance). A shadowdrop of New Mystery of Fire Emblem getting re-released for the first time officially outside Japan and localised would also be nice.

Honestly, i see Metroid Prime 4 as some sort of "Schrödingers cat" for this Direct.

After the public apology for the delay and dev restart, i'm sure Nintendo only shows it again if it's within 4 to 6 months of release.

So if MP4 is releasing after March 2024, it might not be in the September Direct.

Had to look up what they even showed in the last two Directs that hasn't been released yet. I guess since I'm pretty much sold on Mario Wonder already it's gotta be the Peach game though I'm not getting my hopes up for it. Feels like it could skip the September Direct to have a big re-reveal next year.

LEVEL-5 GAMES! Where the hell are they? I'm starting to get worried that they might get delayed. And Level-5's delay is not like delay of other publishers. Once they get delayed, they disappear for years!

I'm already sold on Wonder but really want to see more of it. Also wouldn't mind an update on Mario RPG, just to maybe see a bit of the (hopefully) new localization.

Honestly, i see Metroid Prime 4 as some sort of "Schrödingers cat" for this Direct.

After the public apology for the delay and dev restart, i'm sure Nintendo only shows it again if it's within 4 to 6 months of release.

So if MP4 is releasing after March 2024, it might not be in the September Direct.
You jinxed it. Prime 4 will now be a 2028 game and will be called Metroid Prime 4 Ever, with Randy Pitchford and Gearbox finishing the game.

The game will have a Collector's Edition called "Morphing Ball of Steel".

You jinxed it. Prime 4 will now be a 2028 game and will be called Metroid Prime 4 Ever, with Randy Pitchford and Gearbox finishing the game.

The game will have a Collector's Edition called "Morphing Ball of Steel".

My friend, if i had that kind of power, i would abuse it to win every lottery in this world and enjoy the rest of my life slacking around.

And i would actually use it to reverse-jinx, so that games i'm waiting for release earlier than expected!

Batman Arkham Trilogy

So the last few years dates and a few notable announcements/updates:

13th September 2022:
Fire Emblem Engage, Octopath Traveler 2, Pikmin 4, Kirby RTDL Deluxe, TOTK
23rd September 2021: Mario Party Superstars, Final Super Smash Bros Annoucement, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Announcement of Animal Crossing Direct, Mario Golf, Bayonetta 3
September 2020: The weird one with a Mario Anniversary Direct on the 3rd, a Partner Direct on the 17th and a Monster Hunter Rise direct afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom