• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk the F-Zero 99 either makes me question Pyoro’s entire leak or just that one specifically. It’s a fan idea created years ago and something raccoon pushed.

How would Nintendo go from Tetris 99 to Mario 35 to Pac-Man 99 to…F-Zero 99? This isn’t adding up and I don’t recall a fan idea coming true with Nintendo. Why bring back a dead series to be a nso spinoff. There’s too many red flags on this one leak in particular. It legit feels like he’s trolling raccoon specifically when raccoon called him a troll on here.

F51W6dubYAA26L8

See you tomorrow same time

Not advocacing to devil but Pyoro maybe still 100% with the DIrect announcement taking place tomorrow
Per Tweet that he liked, says only "do you like 13th" - not for what

Brazil (ERA) and Nate (Podcast) already hinted on 14th as Direct date

Honestly if there's nothing this week it probably just means we only have to wait another week which is whatever

The alternative would actually be way more interesting. It would mean Nintendo's breaking their pattern of having a September Direct, which both means that Pyoro lied and that would corroborate the thing Nate and MVG heard about March 2024 for Switch 2 (as it could likely mean they're skipping a Direct in lieu of doing a hardware announcement relatively soon sometime this year).

Either way it's probably just getting announced tomorrow and happening on Thursday though lol.

FZero 99 may well be the new idea Nintendo needed to bring the series back like they mentioned before. I can see it happening, I just hope GX HD comes alongside it.

Not advocacing to devil but Pyoro maybe still 100% with the DIrect announcement taking place tomorrow
Per Tweet that he liked, says only "do you like 13th" - not for what

Brazil (ERA) and Nate (Podcast) already hinted on 14th as Direct date
Would you say this week's Direct is:

• a Plinky Plonky Toy Piano Small Games Direct
  • a Surprisingly Super Year Seven Direct
  • a Middle of the Road Direct

UPDATE ON THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! 7 more challengers fell. Only 3 remain!
Hey everyone, I’m crossposting this from the General Discussion thread, we have an update on THE LEGNDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! With our community divided in half by Pyoro, some of the challengers have been hanging out safe from leaks there so I first posted this there.

Today was a bloodbath with seven challengers who all predicted an announcement at 7:00 AM Pacific Time being wiped out! While I’m sad all of you fell, you are all champions in my book for risking it all and bringing some fun energy to the forum! Since I don't want to overwhelm the thread here with a massive post, I put the results today behind spoiler tags.

Here you are Tee!

53154657163_188b42644b_n.jpg

You got Manaka Kurumi as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Manaka is a chef who works at a restaurant named Walnuts and her magical girl outfit reflects that. Her red, fiery color scheme matched Pyoro and this was a bit of a stretch, but “bird avatar…chicken…cooking” was the thought train here haha. Either way no one will confuse you with Pyoro the leaker for at least a month!

Here are your choices of titles:

Fami's #1 Manaka Kurumi Fan!
Magical Girls <3
I Lost The Legendary Speculator Challenge

Here you are Kysen!

53153588322_d03059e74f_w.jpg

You got Fate as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! While I grew up with Pokemon, I’ve missed some gens so I wasn’t fully familiar with your Pokemon, so after a quick google search of “Pikachu family,” I learned Togedemaru is both a lightning and steel type. That made me think immediately of Fate’s rad lightning sword. Fate is actually a crossover character from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and here specifically from the movie Reflection which was quite good. It had so many explosions in it haha.

Fami's #1 Fate Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Here you are Josh!

53154165366_12de3cc850_n.jpg

You got Karin Misono as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! While I could have easily picked someone with green hair and called it good, I went a little roundabout here. Karin Misono is the magical girl of Halloween and her outfit, rad scythe, and all of her attacks are Halloween themed. While I think you have some fondness for Halloween, I picked Karin because she has a big fondness for UFOs, cryptids, etc. which seemed like a great fit for your alien avatar. Karin is awesome and makes a huge impression in events as she’s really funny which also fits you!

Fami's #1 Karin Misono Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Here you are Legion!

53154596120_7d1a721b90_n.jpg

You got Kaede Akino as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! From talking to you I know you have a big love of animals and Kaede here does too so this was an easy choice! Kaede is one of the major Magia Record side characters and is friends with Rena (who Smoothies got) and Momoko. Kaede is a bit indecisive, but always kind and comes through when it counts. In battle she uses her staff to attack with vines and plants which is cool!

Fami's #1 Kaede Akino Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Here you are Sammy!

53154165356_b35af7d0a2_n.jpg

You got Mito Aino as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Mito has a forest ranger / archer theme going which seemed like a good complement for your squirrel. IIRC, while Mito is a minor character, she had a fairly prominent role in helping to take down the final boss, Walpurgis Night, which in gameplay functioned as a global raid boss. In the last month the game ran, I swapped out my Forest character on my team from Alina, the character I gave Dragoncaine, to Mito and didn’t look back as I learned Mito was super powerful! Her bow attacks could just rip through monsters. I definitely wanted to give you a cool character as you are an awesome member of the RPGs ST :)

Fami's #1 Mito Aino Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Here you are Dragoncaine!

53153588327_f45bf97f9d_w.jpg

You got Alina Gray as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Skull Kid rocks as a villain so I always loved your avatar. Similar to Skull Kid, Alina here is the main, chaotic villain of Magia Record so it was an easy choice to swap over. She is an artist obsessed with death and can open and close portals to other dimensions that she regularly fills with Witches and Uwasas (rumors that literally come to life as monsters). In addition to her immense presence in the story, she does have a fun side as well as events often pair her with a more positive chaotic presence with Karin (who I gave to Josh).

Fami's #1 Alina Gray Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Here you are Brofield!

53154657383_7ef7ba5f10_n.jpg

You got Tsuruno Yui as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Growlithe is a fire type and your great, positive presence on Fami made picking Tsuruno Yui “The Mightiest Magical Girl” an easy pick. Tsuruno is my second favorite character in Magia Record as she is a pillar of the main group of friends. Her title is self-proclaimed, but she regularly backs it up throughout the story through her actions and her title applies in other fun ways too like her being the #1 student in school. I was excited to learn the other day you like Madoka Magica! Hopefully one day they bring Magia Record the game back in some way so you can check it out. It’s a pretty cool spinoff that does its own thing that I came to love just as much as the main series :)

Fami's #1 Tsuruno Yui Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Tomorrow we have both shoptroll and VegiHam up for avatar bets. Please cheer them on as it is only them and Xorhan left in the challenge. Hopefully one of you will win!

I'm a team September 13 guy... unless of course I am proven wrong and it ISN'T September 13th for the Direct, THEN I'm just a guy that was wrong on the Internet. Fortunately, there's a lot of people who are wrong on the Internet, so I've got company.

Welp... looks like I'm a guy that was wrong on the Internet.

Sniff... I'll... just... be in my... corner... sniff...

Proceeds to huddle into the corner and bawl loudly with tears EVERYWHERE, blowing my nose into a Whopper sandwich

I know he’s active in here, but Ninty Prime just posted to 27K followers how Necro was wrong about the direct date on the 13th. This is why some leakers get unnecessary hate
That alt right shithead, causing unnecessary trouble for other people?

Say it ain't so.

Last edited:
What else have you heard? Either about the Another Code Remake or in general?
Remake wise I saw that Pyoro liked a Tweet guessing it, which he does for Correct Guesses. I ain’t no leaker. In general I just think that a simple puzzle game with some Touchscreen in handheld sounds neat. Also Ashley looks cool.

Nintendo is flipping the shadowdrop trend around, we are getting a Shadowdropped direct full of old games instead of an old game getting shadowdropped.

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and I thought as a goodwill gesture to make myself comfortable here that I'd give you just some leaks that I've verified from my sources for next week's direct.

1. Chrono Trigger 2d hd remake is being announced here, that is a fact and is undisputable
2. New donkey kong game that's like a mix of 2d and 3d it's kind of weird to describe you have to see it to understand it
3. Final fantasy tactics remake will be shown here
4. Metroid 2 and 3 remakes shown here

The direct airs next Tuesday so you'll be able to confirm all of this then and I hope we can really get along here and get to know each other better and maybe respect each other a little more
Zippo banned CONFLICT RESOLVED

Hey everyone, I’m crossposting this from the General Discussion thread, we have an update on THE LEGNDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! With our community divided in half by Pyoro, some of the challengers have been hanging out safe from leaks there so I first posted this there.

Today was a bloodbath with seven challengers who all predicted an announcement at 7:00 AM Pacific Time being wiped out! While I’m sad all of you fell, you are all champions in my book for risking it all and bringing some fun energy to the forum! Since I don't want to overwhelm the thread here with a massive post, I put the results today behind spoiler tags.

Here you are Tee!

53154657163_188b42644b_n.jpg

You got Manaka Kurumi as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Manaka is a chef who works at a restaurant named Walnuts and her magical girl outfit reflects that. Her red, fiery color scheme matched Pyoro and this was a bit of a stretch, but “bird avatar…chicken…cooking” was the thought train here haha. Either way no one will confuse you with Pyoro the leaker for at least a month!

Fami's #1 Manaka Kurumi Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Here you are Kysen!

53153588322_d03059e74f_w.jpg

You got Fate as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! While I grew up with Pokemon, I’ve missed some gens so I wasn’t fully familiar with your Pokemon, so after a quick google search of “Pikachu family,” I learned Togedemaru is both a lightning and steel type. That made me think immediately of Fate’s rad lightning sword. Fate is actually a crossover character from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and here specifically from the movie Reflection which was quite good. It had so many explosions in it haha.

Fami's #1 Fate Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Here you are Josh!

53154165366_12de3cc850_n.jpg

You got Karin Misono as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! While I could have easily picked someone with green hair and called it good, I went a little roundabout here. Karin Misono is the magical girl of Halloween and her outfit, rad scythe, and all of her attacks are Halloween themed. While I think you have some fondness for Halloween, I picked Karin because she has a big fondness for UFOs, cryptids, etc. which seemed like a great fit for your alien avatar. Karin is awesome and makes a huge impression in events as she’s really funny which also fits you!

Fami's #1 Karin Misono Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Here you are Legion!

53154596120_7d1a721b90_n.jpg

You got Kaede Akino as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! From talking to you I know you have a big love of animals and Kaede here does too so this was an easy choice! Kaede is one of the major Magia Record side characters and is friends with Rena (who Smoothies got) and Momoko. Kaede is a bit indecisive, but always kind and comes through when it counts. In battle she uses her staff to attack with vines and plants which is cool!

Fami's #1 Kaede Akino Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Here you are Sammy!

53154165356_b35af7d0a2_n.jpg

You got Mito Aino as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Mito has a forest ranger / archer theme going which seemed like a good complement for your squirrel. IIRC, while Mito is a minor character, she had a fairly prominent role in helping to take down the final boss, Walpurgis Night, which in gameplay functioned as a global raid boss. In the last month the game ran, I swapped out my Forest character on my team from Alina, the character I gave Dragoncaine, to Mito and didn’t look back as I learned Mito was super powerful! Her bow attacks could just rip through monsters. I definitely wanted to give you a cool character as you are an awesome member of the RPGs ST :)

Fami's #1 Mito Aino Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Here you are Dragoncaine!

53153588327_f45bf97f9d_w.jpg

You got Alina Gray as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Skull Kid rocks as a villain so I always loved your avatar. Similar to Skull Kid, Alina here is the main, chaotic villain of Magia Record so it was an easy choice to swap over. She is an artist obsessed with death and can open and close portals to other dimensions that she regularly fills with Witches and Uwasas (rumors that literally come to life as monsters). In addition to her immense presence in the story, she does have a fun side as well as events often pair her with a more positive chaotic presence with Karin (who I gave to Josh).

Fami's #1 Alina Gray Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Here you are Brofield!

53154657383_7ef7ba5f10_n.jpg

You got Tsuruno Yui as your new avatar from now until a month after the Direct airs! Growlithe is a fire type and your great, positive presence on Fami made picking Tsuruno Yui “The Mightiest Magical Girl” an easy pick. Tsuruno is my second favorite character in Magia Record as she is a pillar of the main group of friends. Her title is self-proclaimed, but she regularly backs it up throughout the story through her actions and her title applies in other fun ways too like her being the #1 student in school. I was excited to learn the other day you like Madoka Magica! Hopefully one day they bring Magia Record the game back in some way so you can check it out. It’s a pretty cool spinoff that does its own thing that I came to love just as much as the main series :)

Fami's #1 Tsuruno Yui Fan!
Magical Girls <3

Tomorrow we have both shoptroll and VegiHam up for avatar bets. Please cheer them on as it is only them and Xorhan left in the challenge. Hopefully one of you will win!
I didn’t lose a bet cause I’m just too smart for that.

But I wanna get in on this, can have a pfp too?

I didn’t lose a bet cause I’m just too smart for that.

But I wanna get in on this, can have a pfp too?
I have some extras I can hand out :) I took a screencap of your post here so I’m going to bed for now, but I’ll give you one tomorrow.

Idk the F-Zero 99 either makes me question Pyoro’s entire leak or just that one specifically. It’s a fan idea created years ago and something raccoon pushed.

How would Nintendo go from Tetris 99 to Mario 35 to Pac-Man 99 to…F-Zero 99? This isn’t adding up and I don’t recall a fan idea coming true with Nintendo. Why bring back a dead series to be a nso spinoff. There’s too many red flags on this one leak in particular. It legit feels like he’s trolling raccoon specifically when raccoon called him a troll on here.
The other possibilities I've entertained have boiled down to the following:

a) "99" is a side attraction/accompaniment to the GX remaster, not unlike how Mario v. DK games usually are to a mainline DK release.
b) 99 isn't a mere NSO thing and is a more ambitious project; basically a "new" F-Zero game entirely. The fact that it's built around ARIKA's BR and utilizes older assets (be it SNES, X or GX) not-withstanding.

Either or would be alright with me. My thing is, again, I just can't go through this pain of enjoying a game for a few months or so and then it's gone forever.

I know he’s active in here, but Ninty Prime just posted to 27K followers how Necro was wrong about the direct date on the 13th. This is why some leakers get unnecessary hate
I saw that too. Now people will say Necro said the announcement was today and he was wrong. Even though, he clarified it

Pyoro still betting on the 13th? Because it seems impossible on the 13th, I even begin to doubt the existence of Nintendo Direct.

I haven't read anything about the content and I try not to read any of the content so as not to be spoiled.

The other possibilities I've entertained have boiled down to the following:

a) "99" is a side attraction/accompaniment to the GX remaster, not unlike how Mario v. DK games usually are to a mainline DK release.
b) 99 isn't a mere NSO thing and is a more ambitious project; basically a "new" F-Zero game entirely. The fact that it's built around ARIKA's BR and utilizes older assets (be it SNES, X or GX) not-withstanding.

Either or would be alright with me. My thing is, again, I just can't go through this pain of enjoying a game for a few months or so and then it's gone forever.
Tetris 99 is still going last I saw, and Mario 35 only died because Nintendo is weird as fuck making anniversary stuff exclusive to the anniversary for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom