• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You wake up tomorrow morning, check Nintendo's site, and find the accompanying press release leaked.

You have enough time to CTRL+F one thing, what is it?
"Chrono"

I peered into the zohar and it showed me Xenogears HD-2D remake announced
On two conditions:
  • the camera is still 360° rotatable like the original (which actually would be a rad upgrade to the HD-2D engine anyway)
  • Takahashi and Saga come back to flesh out the second half so we get the game they wanted to make in the beginning (and the end)
and Xenoblade X Definitive Edition announced at the direct (true!)
Perfect, no notes.

So Kit and Krysta seems to be suggesting that fans of smaller franchises may get something. I am thinking Another Code remake is happening.
Or maybe, just maybe, we get a Hotel Dusk & Last Window + Another Code + Another Code R release like Famicom detective club.

wtf is "PROJECT EGG"
873021e840c85fc4abdd69a83dbc98249a-27-egg-shirt.2x.h473.w710.jpg

My Ignore the rumors for the most part bingo card is up, with my hopeful predictions. Most I'd like is NSO stuff, everything else is a bonus as we have enough this holiday as is.

This is a good one. Almost certainly not winnable though based on placements.

Thanks for reminding me about console archives and how that’s been radio silent for a while. Could be good if it was something like PC Engine or MSX or whatnot (not sure they ever indicated it would be something specific).

New Fire Emblem Heroes banner trailer just came out and it's actually a Genealogy banner.
Haha I was just thinking that. Very likely a coincidence, but maybe it's a lucky sign.

Looking at Arion's art reminds me I do really like how classic anime most of the guys look in FE4.
F59LKaKWYAA2xXb

I think Nintendo is going to reveal the bulk of remaining content that will be coming out for Switch between now and April/May of next year. As such, here is what I see them showing tomorrow (not in particular order):
  • F-Zero 99 - shadow drop (NSO)
  • F-Zero GX Remastered - shadow drop
  • Luigi’s Mansion HD - October release
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse 2 (HAL Labs) - November release (eShop)
  • Star Fox Assault Remastered (Bandai Namco) - December release
  • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (Intelligent Systems) - January release
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong (NST) - February release
  • Prince Peach Showtime (Good Feel) - March release
  • Splatoon 3 Side Order DLC (EPD) - April release
  • Upcoming NSO title teaser including rare titles (DK64 & Diddy Kong Racing)
Not expecting Metroid tomorrow unfortunately.

I think Nintendo is going to reveal the bulk of remaining content that will be coming out for Switch between now and April/May of next year. As such, here is what I see them showing tomorrow (not in particular order):
  • F-Zero 99 - shadow drop (NSO)
  • F-Zero GX Remastered - shadow drop
  • Luigi’s Mansion HD - October release
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse 2 (HAL Labs) - November release (eShop)
  • Star Fox Assault Remastered (Bandai Namco) - December release
  • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (Intelligent Systems) - January release
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong (NST) - February release
  • Prince Peach Showtime (Good Feel) - March release
  • Splatoon 3 Side Order DLC (EPD) - April release
  • Upcoming NSO title teaser including rare titles (DK64 & Diddy Kong Racing)
Not expecting Metroid tomorrow unfortunately.
When you say Luigi’s Mansion HD do you mean the GameCube game or 3DS game?

Weekly Questions Week 6 - Dawn of the Final Day
Hey everyone I’m posting today’s weekly question a little early tonight to give people time to respond. Just last week who knew what a wild turn this thread would soon take when Pyoro arrived on the scene and split our community in two between the nonspoiler and spoiler crowds and ultimately gave this thread one extra day of life. Today’s weekly question would have gone unanswered in this thread at least if not for Pyoro’s antics so for that and a few other wonderful curveballs, I’m grateful. Let’s move into it then!

Week 6 - What game or games do you think will be shadowdropped at this Direct?

I think for me at least I #TrustTheProcess and I’m picking Metroid Prime 2 Echoes and F-Zero GX. Not too long to find out, but I’m curious what you all pick!

As this is my last planned threadmarked post in the thread, I want to thank everyone preemptively who posted and helped make this thread an unbelievably amazing time. I’ve mentioned this before, but I really became attached to this community with the very first Direct Speculation thread on ResetEra. I was only a lurker at the time, but I followed the community for years and when Famiboards split off and had open registration I was so excited to finally join a community I cared about for years. Like my September ST last year, this thread and the many games and events were for all of you and I sincerely hope you enjoyed them and all of the fun, wild, and magical twists and turns no one could possibly foresee!

All of that said it’s time to look forward again as only a few hours remain between now and the TGS Direct we summoned through our collective hype. I’ll be there with y’all to the end of the show and beyond when Fami is reunited! Let’s have one last great night together and ultimately enjoy the show together! #TrustTheProcess :)

wtf is "PROJECT EGG"

D4 Enterprise's subscription based service. It has an iOS version with games from Bothec, Hector, and Compile, and the PC version has so many JP Computer games it basically is Japan's ultimate VC like service. Was announced for switch a while ago with a Hector Game coming to the system as the first title, iirc.

We could get fun stuff like hydlide or Zanac, or even Moon Crystal, so I'm hoping they drop it soon so I can import and sub...

This is a good one. Almost certainly not winnable though based on placements.

Thanks for reminding me about console archives and how that’s been radio silent for a while. Could be good if it was something like PC Engine or MSX or whatnot (not sure they ever indicated it would be something specific).

pretty sure it was hinted to just be general consoles, but with hamster doing the porting. That's a thing they noted about wanting to do for a while but mainly focus on Arcade stuff ATM. Either it's showing up now, or they'll milk taito and namco until they're bone dry for another year and maybe start it on Switch 2.

What I believe could be shadowdropped based on timing: Luigi’s Mansion (come on, it makes no sense to release 2 next year without 1 being on Switch + Halloween)

What I want to be shadowdropped: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Please)

What I thought would shadowdrop before leaks: F-Zero GX (F Zero 99 baybeeee though I guess that could shadowdrop too)

What I believe will actually shadowdrop: The GCN and Wii Fire Emblem duology. (You thought you were getting a remake of 4? In this economy?)

I think F-Zero 99 is probably a shadowdrop (maybe with GX coming not too much later). I also think there's. a decent chance of Prime 2+3 being shadowdropped if Prime 4 shows up.
Ah I should have included F-Zero 99 too! For some reason I separated it in my head as a big game vs a little game as it’s likely F2P with NSO, but yeah it seems like that one is happening with Pyoro’s leaks.

I must admit, this is the…weirdest (?) I’ve ever felt on Nintendo Direct Eve.

I am definitely excited - but like…at the same time - I’m going in tomorrow fully satisfied with what we already know.

We are getting

• A new and exciting 2D Mario game
• A remake of Super Mario RPG (Still feels unreal to me)
• A sequel to Wario Ware Smooth Moves
• Detective Pikachu
• Fashion Dreamer

All within the next, like - what - two months?!

I guess this is all to say - I already have so much to look forward to and play within the next eight weeks - and that’s just from a first party Nintendo perspective.

So, this is all to say - I am going into this Direct feeling really…cozy? Relaxed? Like I don’t feel any pressure - y’all got more stuff to show? Sweet! Just keep piling cherries on top of the cake.

But genuinely, I don’t have to be blown away this time. I already feel so content, and I mean…I don’t know, am I making sense? 😆

(Also - Hope y’all are doing well tonight!)

I must admit, this is the…weirdest (?) I’ve ever felt on Nintendo Direct Eve.

I am definitely excited - but like…at the same time - I’m going in tomorrow fully satisfied with what we already know.

We are getting

• A new and exciting 2D Mario game
• A remake of Super Mario RPG (Still feels unreal to me)
• A sequel to Wario Ware Smooth Moves
• Detective Pikachu
• Fashion Dreamer

All within the next, like - what - two months?!

I guess this is all to say - I already have so much to look forward to and play within the next eight weeks - and that’s just from a first party Nintendo perspective.

So, this is all to say - I am going into this Direct feeling really…cozy? Relaxed? Like I don’t feel any pressure - y’all got more stuff to show? Sweet! Just keep piling cherries on top of the cake.

But genuinely, I don’t have to be blown away this time. I already feel so content, and I mean…I don’t know, am I making sense? 😆

(Also - Hope y’all are doing well tonight!)
Yeah now that we finally reached September the games are going to be coming in rapid fire. Baten Kaitos is on Friday, iirc the Pikmins are next week etc.

Yeah now that we finally reached September the games are going to be coming in rapid fire. Baten Kaitos is on Friday, iirc the Pikmins are next week etc.
My gosh, you’re right! I totally forgot about Baten Kaitos and Pikmin Collection! It just keeps piling up haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom