• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I honestly don’t have a ton of interest in Trace Memory/Another Code, I do hope thats what the remakes turn out to be because I just find it incredibly fascinating when Nintendo digs up forgotten series and gives them another shot. Famicom Detective Club was surprisingly great so I hope these can hit the same.

(truthfully I’d prefer Wild World/City Folk but I that’s just wishful thinking)

Just gonna bring up that, unless I'm forgetting something, every time Metroid has shown up in a Direct in the Switch era, it's been in the middle. Prime 4 announcement, Dread announcement, and Prime Remastered shadowdrop were all middle of the direct material.

I'm not saying Prime 4 couldn't be the closer, but I also wouldn't discount the idea that it could show up and not be the closer.

I think its just a case by case thing. Other M was the closer over Galaxy 2 in 2010. They also have used less popular things than Metroid to close Directs like Bayonetta 3, Xenoblade etc. It just depends on how they want to pace the direct, and what games they're showcasing for that Direct.

Just gonna bring up that, unless I'm forgetting something, every time Metroid has shown up in a Direct in the Switch era, it's been in the middle. Prime 4 announcement, Dread announcement, and Prime Remastered shadowdrop were all middle of the direct material.

I'm not saying Prime 4 couldn't be the closer, but I also wouldn't discount the idea that it could show up and not be the closer.
If Bayonetta 3 - of all games - closed a Direct, then I feel Prime 4 can absotively posilutely close this Direct (or a future one). Doesn't really matter, ultimately, but I'd find it odd if Prime 4 were just placed in the middle without the proper sweaty build up, lol.

Imo, the only reason Dread didn't close the E3 2021 Direct is because that Direct was essentially a Zelda Anniversary Direct. Dread was certainly more hype than just the Skyward Sword announcement, but obviously there was more there than just that one remaster.

edit: Oh wow! Skyward Sword wasn't even announced in that Direct, it was announced in the February 2021 Direct. Jeez... no wonder people were pissed, lol. Expectations: Zelda 3D All-Stars. Reality: Zelda G&W.

Last edited:
I really hope this Peach game is a big deal. We should always root for new successful IPs. Peach’s first go around was alright. Maybe this will be her big break through game to have her own series.
The reveal trailer looked pretty cool. I expect it to be a fairly simple game, akin to Yoshi and Kirby games, but I've very much liked the last two Yoshi games, and while I've never played a Kirby game, the Switch ones seem to have been well-received.

(truthfully I’d prefer Wild World/City Folk but I that’s just wishful thinking)
The two Animal Crossing games I wish I played more of. Didn't play much Wild World because I found the graphics to be lacking, and didn't play much City Folk because of the control scheme.

Brazil said the Direct is on the 14th in the west. That means Nintendo will be following the June 2023 direct model. 7 am pacific direct, which is 11 PM in Japan. Nate would be fully correct.

Is anyone else kinda worried we won’t get any surprises this direct? Like even last direct pyoro didn’t leak everything, but this time I have a bad feeling he already leaked everything except the closer. Like think about what we are almost certainly getting: Mario RPG news blowout, splatoon dlc blowout, warioware trailer, mario wonder trailer, peach game blowout, Mario kart dlc, Mario vs DK, F-Zero announcement(s), and another Code/ trace memory remakes. That’s enough to fill out most of a direct, so I just hope we get some surprises in here beyond the closer. Maybe smash news?

Weird, that game actually looks good.

I just don’t know to feel about them anymore.
Well, they were given the exact same physics engine as mania, alongside tons of ideas from its scrapped sequel. It would kinda be harder to make the game look BAD then to make it look good

Is anyone else kinda worried we won’t get any surprises this direct? Like even last direct pyoro didn’t leak everything, but this time I have a bad feeling he already leaked everything except the closer. Like think about what we are almost certainly getting: Mario RPG news blowout, splatoon dlc blowout, warioware trailer, mario wonder trailer, peach game blowout, Mario kart dlc, Mario vs DK, F-Zero announcement(s), and another Code/ trace memory remakes. That’s enough to fill out most of a direct, so I just hope we get some surprises in here beyond the closer. Maybe smash news?
I posted earlier everything he leaked and what we already know. If we go by the Peach and Luigi’s Mansion game there will be surprises left in this direct.

Even if this is/was all of Nintendo's output for this Direct (which I personally doubt), there should still be some third-party offerings as well?

If we get the 12th announcement for a show on the 14th, I’ll feel bad all ten remaining Legendary Speculators will lose the avatar bet. It’s going to be a full bloodbath.

Edit: Actually wait, Brofield has a shot!

If we get the 12th announcement for a show on the 14th, I’ll feel bad all ten remaining Legendary Speculators will lose the avatar bet. It’s going to be a full bloodbath.

family-guy.gif

if it gets announced on the 12th, it'll be for the 13th, having it be announced for the 14th is very unlikely.

Okay, but if your wrong you have to make YOUR pfp a banana, mkay?
Dark Cloud with an avatar will break the site 🤣

Necro did say we would need a tranquilizer 👀

I just remember that the original Angry Birds games were pulled from App Store which means my copy of Angry Birds Trilogy on the 3DS is actually useful after all

The Last Call - Summon The Direct Event Day 2 Has Begun - Anime Songs!
Hey everyone Day 2 of the Last Call - Summon The Direct Event begins now! From now until the hour prior to the Tweeting Hour (the time between the first tweet of the day and the popular Direct announcement time), I’ll be posting new songs every hour united under a new theme. I readily encourage everyone to join in the fun and share their own songs they love while keeping the good vibes and great discussion flowing!

Last night we tried to summon the TGS Direct with RPG songs and today we’ll try from another angle. Tonight’s theme is anime songs and with their powers combined I think we’ll make it happen! Feel free to share your favorite OPs, EDs, insert songs, as well as anime songs from games! Like last night, please be kind to mobile users and share one song per post. Multiple posts are highly encouraged! I think sharing OPs and EDs directly will be most popular, so if you want to include the full song too consider hyperlinking a separate link in! I plan to do that for my own posts where possible :)

I’ll kick off the fun tonight with the OP from Baccano! It’s a crowd pleaser :)

Full song here!

The vibes are feeling great tonight so let’s all have a fun time together and summon the September Direct! 8 hours to go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom