• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, can anyone tell me what's so special about Pyoro?

He practically leaked the last Direct and its announcements like Mario RPG and SMB Wonder. Also got other things like Sonic's prototype rabbit skin in Sonic Superstars and an N64 game being announced for NSO (which turned out to be Excitebike 64) some weeks back.

don't really see the point of leaking stuff when we're so close to the actual video being released.
Clout is one hell of a thing.

After this morning’s big Switch 2 report, I was thinking throughout the day about how it might affect what we might see in the Direct and I realized I think in all of the excitement of hosting the thread I possibly forgot to do a proper predictions post (or if I did, I forgot lol). Throughout the thread, I had been envisioning a September - November release for Switch 2 and had built my predictions on that, but with the possibility of a June release (or earlier) that definitely complicates things. So I’m going to do hardlock predictions (for my own guessing here) and then do a Timeline A (September) vs a Timeline B (June) comparison.

Hardlocks

Mario Kart Wave 6
Fire Emblem Genealogy Remake
Splatoon 3 Side Order
Mario Wonder
Super Mario RPG
WarioWare
Luigi’s Mansion 2
Metroid Prime 2
Pokemon Updates

Timeline A (September)

Only two of the three - Prime 4, DK, Peach
Possibly F-Zero GX
Possible new HAL eshop game
Other new thing - Tomodachi or Rhythm Heaven?

Timeline B (June)

Donkey Kong
Peach
Possibly Prime 4
Possibly F-Zero GX
Possible New HAL eshop game
Other new thing - Tomodachi or Rhythm Heaven?

No Chance For Now

Paper Mario TTYD

Conclusion

The two timeline possibilities are intriguing. I think we’ll get a better show with a bigger blow out if we are on track for the June timeline (which yes I acknowledge is funny that better show = Switch is dying faster lol), but while that does open up the possibility of getting all of the big three of Prime 4, DK, and Peach it also presents a stronger possibility of Prime 4 being saved as a cross gen launch title for Switch 2. I’m predicting a new HAL eshop game as the timeline makes sense to me and at least one other new Nintendo thing that will blindside us a bit. Maybe that’s Tomodachi or Rhythm Heaven, but I’m not sure. I’ve been saying from the start I think predicting a Direct on the level of the Farm Direct last year is the general level to shoot for, but Timeline B especially suggests maybe we can believe in something higher as the rumors/vibes have been suggesting. I’m really looking forward to the big show!
I wasnt sure about what could be shown(besides Prime 4 of course), but this post helps lol. Im really hoping its not on the level of the Farming direct last year, but Metroid and DK would be enough for me! A DK reveal now for Winter 2024 would make sense

Though every direct im hoping for DK and at this point prepared to be dissapointed XD

What’s the confidence level for a Metroid Prime 2 and/or 3 drop now? F-Zero GX is what he’s most likely talking about here. That’s a GameCube drop. We got this in February with Metroid Prime Remastered. We got this in June with Pikmin 1+2.

But this would be different. This could be 2 or 3 GameCube games from different series (F-Zero and Metroid)

I think Nintendo won’t have multiple GameCube drop. I could be wrong. I think if they’re all there Metroid or F-Zero won’t be shadow dropped. One will come later. I hope I’m wrong. I’ll take it all sooner.

This Thread Will Remain Up Through The Direct Airing For The Spoiler Crowd
Hey everyone, so we had an unprecedented situation begin to unfold tonight with Pyoro leaking Direct announcements. The plan going forward is to actually keep this thread running through the end of the Direct airing now to keep the spoiler crowd separated from the nonspoiler crowd. When the Direct finishes airing this speculation thread will close and discussion will be directed to the Direct thread.

So to be clear, when the tweet announcing the Direct happens, this thread will not be closed. I encourage everyone who is taking this ride to the end then to remain in this thread, but if you do decide to bail please do not bring any leaks with you either to the Nintendo General Discussion thread or to the ultimate Direct thread.

Let’s all continue to have fun here then and keep the hype rolling :)

What’s the confidence level for a Metroid Prime 2 and/or 3 drop now? F-Zero GX is what he’s most likely talking about here. That’s a GameCube drop. We got this in February with Metroid Prime Remastered. We got this in June with Pikmin 1+2.

But this would be different. This could be 2 or 3 GameCube games from different series (F-Zero and Metroid)

Pyoro didn't give any details about F-Zero.

We can't confirm that it will be GX (HD or Remastered).... It could be a new F-Zero, too....

It’s really happening, it seems. A GX remaster… holy shit.

I think it’ll just be F-Zero, with Prime 2 and 3 not happening this year.

Its mysterious to me that nobody is even considering it might be a new F-Zero.

:(

Way back when Sylux Hunter first teased F-Zero, they also warned us to keep expectations in check. That seemed to indicate it wouldn’t be a brand-new game.

Its mysterious to me that nobody is even considering it might be a new F-Zero.

:(

Because we’ve had GX remaster rumors. Syluxhunter who was basically the first person to hint at it has returned to Twitter with a response to Pyoro’s tweet. I recall Syluxhunter getting everything right when they leaked.

Just a reminder that Syluxhunter, who kinda started these F-Zero rumors last year, had also said to "manage your expectations a little".

Doesn't sound like a big new AAA F-Zero to me.

So it's either an F ZERO remaster of some sort (and I think it's GX that has been rumoured for a while?) or F ZERO's big comeback is as a new 99 game for NSO.

i6y57T9.png

Just a reminder that Syluxhunter, who kinda started these F-Zero rumors last year, had also said to "manage your expectations a little".

Doesn't sound like a big new AAA F-Zero to me.

That has never been rumoured or expected.

The hints have always been towards an HD version of GX.

Super disappointing if its just a port. And not even of the best one.
"Super disappointing" ? If this rumor is true, Nintendo is literally trying to bring the franchise back for potentially a brand new game on next-gen.

A F-Zero "remaster" à la Super Mario RPG or Metroid Prime Remaster would be fire, for sure.

1st party stuff is great, but I wanna hear about the 3rd party goods.

Liiiiiike if there's any particular Capcom mascots slated to show up~

"Super disappointing" ? If this rumor is true, Nintendo is literally trying to bring the franchise back for potentially a brand new game on next-gen.

A F-Zero "remaster" à la Super Mario RPG or Metroid Prime Remaster would be fire, for sure.
IDK, I can't take waiting for so long to see a remaster sell 14 copies, and sail off into the sunset again on disappointing expectations.

I wish we at least got a new game and that happened. Shrug.

Pyoro should’ve never liked the F-Zero tweet because people were thinking it could be F-Zero, Final Fantasy Tactics or Metroid Prime. You leave it at that and let people speculate. To me that’s how you do hints, but he killed it by liking the tweet.

Pyoro should’ve never liked the F-Zero tweet because people were thinking it could be F-Zero, Final Fantasy Tactics or Metroid Prime. You leave it at that and let people speculate. To me that’s how you do hints, but he killed it by liking the tweet.
Agreed. Especially if he wants to continue on and not risk getting caught by Nintendo's Sheikah hit squads.

To me leaks aren't the problem. They're whatever honestly. My problem is people who somehow think the leaks are the equivalent of an official announcement and get angry when Nintendo doesn't pull another megaton out of their ass to surprise people who chase leakers. You'd think people who follow leakers would understand this but every Direct there's always a few who will not shut up about Nintendo failing to surprise them when they went out of their way to ruin their own surprise.

To me leaks aren't the problem. They're whatever honestly. My problem is people who somehow think the leaks are the equivalent of an official announcement and get angry when Nintendo doesn't pull another megaton out of their ass to surprise people who chase leakers. You'd think people who follow leakers would understand this but every Direct there's always a few who will not shut up about Nintendo failing to surprise them when they went out of their way to ruin their own surprise.

Well, that's a them problem lol who don't understand the nature of these things.

I find it incredibly unlikely they are going to release another Metroid remaster this year, so don't get your hopes up for that haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom