• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prime 2 and Fire Emblem are not hard locks in any way. I wouldn't be surprised if neither shows up.
Oh if I wasn’t clear, they are both hardlocks for me for guessing. Not like everyone should feel as I do.

Love your new title btw lol.

I think Nintendo wants to avoid with Switch 2 presentation is people questionig what games are also for Switch

So I think it make sens if they show teaser trailers for FE 4 R, Prime 4 and others just to confirm that this will be on Switch 1 and then present with a full gameplay trailer at swith 2 presentation

I thought I worded my post on the last page clear that it was just my predictions and I edited it a bit to hopefully make that more clear. If we were just talking true hardlocks I’d say it’s these five with anything else having some degree of maybe attached:

Mario Kart Wave 6
Splatoon 3 Side Order
Mario Wonder
Super Mario RPG
WarioWare

Also I wonder if F-Zero GX HD may be a Prime R situation(an almost remake) because they want a graphical showcase series for Swtich 2 launch

Because im wondering if they dont have enough to show Mario Kart Switch 2 beyond a teaser

Also I wonder if F-Zero GX HD may be a Prime R situation(an almost remake) because they want a graphical showcase series for Swtich 2 launch

Because im wondering if they dont have enough to show Mario Kart Switch 2 beyond a teaser

Pretty sure a full new 3D Mario, that prolly started dev as a Switch game but was ever since upped for ReDraketed, and a "DLSS" patch for Metroid Prime 4 would be suitable showcases from Nintendo.

All they would need is another big 3rd party port. Elden Ring, Street Fighter 6 or one of the latest Resident Evils for example.

Or maybe even games like Dragons Dogma 2 or the rumored MonHun 6 that Capcom might announce soon / in 2024.

Pretty sure a full new 3D Mario, that prolly started dev as a Switch game but was ever since upped for ReDraketed, and a "DLSS" patch for Metroid Prime 4 would be suitable showcases from Nintendo.

All they would need is another big 3rd party port. Elden Ring, Street Fighter 6 or one of the latest Resident Evils for example.

Or maybe even games like Dragons Dogma 2 or the rumored MonHun 6 that Capcom might announce soon / in 2024.
Yes but I meant more because maybe Mario Kart is not quote ready and they want a Racing game of some sort

Yes but I meant more because maybe Mario Kart is not quote ready and they want a Racing game of some sort

Given my gut is 99.95% sure it will have BC with Switch, you can just continue playing Mario Kart 8 for a while. ;D

I don't think there's anything to suggest that F-Zero GX is a remaster on the level of Prime Remastered.

Hardlocks

Mario Kart Wave 6
Fire Emblem Genealogy Remake
Splatoon 3 Side Order
Mario Wonder
Super Mario RPG
WarioWare
Luigi’s Mansion 2
Metroid Prime 2
Pokemon Updates

Timeline A (September)

Only two of the three - Prime 4, DK, Peach
Possibly F-Zero GX
Possible new HAL eshop game
Other new thing - Tomodachi or Rhythm Heaven?

Timeline B (June)

Donkey Kong
Peach
Possibly Prime 4
Possibly F-Zero GX
Possible New HAL eshop game
Out of interest, what would you position as the headline titles (opener, middle, closer) out of the above? Would things significantly change between the two timelines?

I guess for my interpretations using your prediction lists as a template:

June - lead with FE, middle with Prime 2 + Prime 4 teaser, end with DK

September - lead with Mario RPG (+/- segueway into Smash if that actually plays out), middle with Side Order, end with Prime 2 + Prime 4

(I guess this question can be more openly directed too for whatever everyone else expects in the upcoming Direct - what’s your opener / mid-Direct headliner / closer of choice?)

The double pack idea makes a lot of sense, but I think even if not on the level as Prime Remastered I think they will count up essentially to Prime 4. So we get 2 now and then 3 in February and then Prime 4 somewhere after that.

Yeah that’s solid reasoning to count against Fire Emblem 4, but I’m kind of operating off they’ll be spacing big games out and I think we do know which four they are namely: Fire Emblem 4, Peach, DK, and Prime 4.

You (not only you) 're thinking too much.

I mean, Switch 2 won't arrive before September 2024. Switch will still be around until next summer and even after that.

100% sure on Switch (I'm not counting DLCs) :

• Super Mario Bros. Wonder
  • Super Mario RPG
  • WarioWare : Move it!
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Peach

A great list already :)

The rumours that seem the most credible (I think) :

• Fire Emblem 4 Remake
  • New Donkey Kong
  • F-Zero (HD)
  • Metroid Prime 2 (+3) (HD)

If we get all that, it'll be a great last year for Switch. Anyway, we'll see more clearly next week :)

Last edited:
Sweeping declaration/pipe dream regarding BC.
Same/similar cartridges, one slot (think 3ds if there is a subtle difference) so none of that digital bc only bs.
There will be switch games and 2witch exclusive games. If it runs on switch they won't do two boxes/prints, it'll just be a next gen update (maybe preloaded or day one patch type thing).
Full next gen updates for key titles and minor performance boost in smaller titles depending on dev interest (provides more of an incentive for people who are happy with their switch).
The Abyss is watching

Man people gonna be so torn coming into this direct
After this switch 2 flood gate everyone is looking towards the future for Nintendo yet also wanting to know so many game that will be the switch swan song.
THE FUTURE SO BRIGHT I'M GONNA NEED SHADE.

After this morning’s big Switch 2 report, I was thinking throughout the day about how it might affect what we might see in the Direct and I realized I think in all of the excitement of hosting the thread I possibly forgot to do a proper predictions post (or if I did, I forgot lol). Throughout the thread, I had been envisioning a September - November release for Switch 2 and had built my predictions on that, but with the possibility of a June release (or earlier) that definitely complicates things. So I’m going to do hardlock predictions (for my own guessing here) and then do a Timeline A (September) vs a Timeline B (June) comparison.

Hardlocks

Mario Kart Wave 6
Fire Emblem Genealogy Remake
Splatoon 3 Side Order
Mario Wonder
Super Mario RPG
WarioWare
Luigi’s Mansion 2
Metroid Prime 2
Pokemon Updates

Timeline A (September)

Only two of the three - Prime 4, DK, Peach
Possibly F-Zero GX
Possible new HAL eshop game

Timeline B (June)

Donkey Kong
Peach
Possibly Prime 4
Possibly F-Zero GX
Possible New HAL eshop game

No Chance For Now

Paper Mario TTYD

Conclusion

The two timeline possibilities are intriguing. I think we’ll get a better show with a bigger blow out if we are on track for the June timeline (which yes I acknowledge is funny that better show = Switch is dying faster lol), but while that does open up the possibility of getting all of the big three of Prime 4, DK, and Peach it also presents a stronger possibility of Prime 4 being saved as a cross gen launch title for Switch 2. I’m predicting a new HAL eshop game as the timeline makes sense to me and at least one other new Nintendo thing that will blindside us a bit. Maybe that’s Tomodachi or Rhythm Heaven, but I’m not sure. I’ve been saying from the start I think predicting a Direct on the level of the Farm Direct last year is the general level to shoot for, but Timeline B especially suggests maybe we can believe in something higher as the rumors/vibes have been suggesting. I’m really looking forward to the big show!
Even without the "possibly" games or the "one other thing" just compare this list and games already released this year to in what state WiiU + 3DS were in 2016. The Switch still will have so much to offer, it's crazy.

If they are already getting leaks, that might point towards a Direct very early next week? Like, maybe before Pokemon DLC drops?

Out of interest, what would you position as the headline titles (opener, middle, closer) out of the above? Would things significantly change between the two timelines?

I guess for my interpretations using your prediction lists as a template:

June - lead with FE, middle with Prime 2 + Prime 4 teaser, end with DK

September - lead with Mario RPG (+/- segueway into Smash if that actually plays out), middle with Side Order, end with Prime 2 + Prime 4

(I guess this question can be more openly directed too for whatever everyone else expects in the upcoming Direct - what’s your opener / mid-Direct headliner / closer of choice?)

It’s a bit tricky to answer this question cleanly since basically even within the timelines both have ranges of possibilities and reasons why something may or may not show up. I think I’ll answer this perhaps a bit more broadly by speaking to the contender status for each thing:

Openers - Side Order, Fire Emblem, Peach

Middle - Side Order, Fire Emblem, Peach, DK, Prime 2

Closer - Prime 4 or DK

I personally lean towards nothing is happening with Smash, but depending on its scale (amiibo update vs new fighters) I can see it fit anywhere in the Direct.

I think you (not only you) 're thinking too much.

I mean, Switch 2 won't arrive before September 2024. Switch will still be around until next summer and even after that.

100% sure on Switch (I'm not counting DLCs) :

• Super Mario Bros. Wonder
  • Super Mario RPG
  • WarioWare : Move it!
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Peach

A great list already :)

The rumours that seem the most credible (I think) :

• Fire Emblem 4 Remake
  • New Donkey Kong
  • F-Zero (HD)
  • Metroid Prime 2 (+3) (HD)

If we get all that, it'll be a great last year for Switch. Anyway, we'll see more clearly next week :)
Oh the timeline thing is based off the latest threadmarked report from Eurogamer yesterday saying that Nintendo is possibly aiming to have Switch 2 arrive before the back half of next year which would mean June is actually the latest we’d see Switch 2 if they were able to meet it. Given we are so close to the Direct, I think I want to hold off choosing to believe it or not until we see what pops up here and what doesn’t. Given the rumored software floating, I think a possibility is to have Prime 4 be cross gen for example which shrinks the upcoming big games down to three (Fire Emblem, DK, and Peach) which could easily spread across January - May. In that sense it’s plausible. But yeah, as for whether I commit to believing in one way or the other, I’ll hold off for a week or so.

I wondered since this is kinda early nobody here have their bingo ready right?
Probably because most haven't locked in their prediction yet I surmise?

kevin-hart-its-about-to-go-down.gif

Please, I beg you to use the spoiler tag from now on if those leaks are, as expected, for the upcoming Direct. For a lot of us, speculation is fun but getting spoiled not so much.

Edit: Welp, seems like we goin' on exile. See you all, then!

Last edited:
I volunteer to give my reaction to the leaks,

Just "I like what i've seen" or "Doesn't flash me", something like that. Spoiler-free of course.

Direct Speculation = Open Spoilers - General Discussion Thread = No Spoilers
I think the plan is to make this the open spoiler thread. Please head to the General Discussion Thread if you don’t want leaks we’ll get a post up there shortly having that be the spoiler free zone! It was a pleasure hyping with y’all if you choose to leave! Hopefully we keep some surprises still!

Do i even wanna know how many functions there are in MATLAB?

E: Ah okay, someone on Twitter posted a function that should definitely work with that tease.

fzero.

Wtf is MATLAB?

MATLAB​

The Language of Technical Computing
Millions of engineers and scientists worldwide use MATLAB® to analyze and design the systems and products transforming our world. The matrix-based MATLAB language is the world’s most natural way to express computational mathematics. Built-in graphics make it easy to visualize and gain insights from data. The desktop environment invites experimentation, exploration, and discovery. These MATLAB tools and capabilities are all rigorously tested and designed to work together.
MATLAB helps you take your ideas beyond the desktop. You can run your analyses on larger data sets, and scale up to clusters and clouds. MATLAB code can be integrated with other languages, enabling you to deploy algorithms and applications within web, enterprise, and production systems.

fzero is a function in matlab
Edit: beaten and I really thought I was smart this time 😥
Edit2: I love hate Matlab btw

Imagine if after months of credibility, this is the time Pyoro decides to cash it all in to troll?

I don't actually expect that, so I'll accept their leak as real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom