• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had an idea. We talked about what kind of Direct we want since last September was farming/life sim Direct.

I want a DS Direct.

Elite Beat Agents sequel
Hotel Dusk sequel
Another Code something
Miles Edgeworth Investigations collection
Chrono Trigger DS port
This is my first post here (because I'm too shy to be anything but a lurker) but I just wanted to even more emphatically YEAH this. 🥹

In fact let me make a top 5 out of it:

1. Miles Edgeworth Investigations Collection
2. Elite Beat Agents sequel
3. Hotel Dusk sequel
4. Another Code something (a collection would be cool, never got to play the Wii game)
5. Chrono Trigger DS port

Week 5 - What announcement(s) do you think are most likely for the next Direct?
I'm going to be both brave and boring and say: Metroid Prime 4 trailer; Princess Peach Real Name Trailer; Splatoon 3 Side Order Release Date; Mario & Sonic Play a Variety of Sports in France; Luigi's Mansion 2 release date trailer; Triforce Strategy reveal; Dragon Quest III 2D-HD trailer; Ys X international release trailer; F ZERO GX HD; new Rhythm Heaven.
Bonus Week 5 (original question) – If you could pick any old game or series to make a surprise comeback, what are you picking?
Last Story remaster and spiritual sequel.

Refresh my mind, was Mario Wonder a leak?

IIRC, people started saying “Wonderland” just moments before the last Direct. I always saw it as funny guesswork and was surprised to see it match the announced game.
I think there were some cryptic hints about the playable characters on Twitter? Like an elephant emoji? Don't think Wonder itself was outright leaked but 2D Mario rumors appeared shortly before the Direct (also had been theorised for a while on here)

Personally wondering if Princess Peach is a scenario/game idea that came from EPD and is either co-developed externally or outsourced to someone.

I think there were some cryptic hints about the playable characters on Twitter? Like an elephant emoji? Don't think Wonder itself was outright leaked but 2D Mario rumors appeared shortly before the Direct (also had been theorised for a while on here)
He did give away a hint at the game title with a WONDER word in special characters

It’s probably best for Pyoro to leak if Prime 4 will be there or not. If it’s not there then folks won’t get disappointed during the direct.
Generally I value getting the info and seeing the trailer the most, but I do think having some degree of chance walking in will make Prime 4 extra special after waiting 6+ years so in that sense I hope Pyoro won’t leak that specific game. I’d be fine either way ultimately though.

I'm going to be both brave and boring and say: Metroid Prime 4 trailer; Princess Peach Real Name Trailer; Splatoon 3 Side Order Release Date; Mario & Sonic Play a Variety of Sports in France; Luigi's Mansion 2 release date trailer; Triforce Strategy reveal; Dragon Quest III 2D-HD trailer; Ys X international release trailer; F ZERO GX HD; new Rhythm Heaven.

Last Story remaster and spiritual sequel.

I like your list ! :D

My answer to both of these

Week 5 - What announcement(s) do you think are most likely for the next Direct?
Bonus Week 5 (original question) – If you could pick any old game or series to make a surprise comeback, what are you picking?

The Holy Spirit
---------------------------------------
wLMh4ED.gif
----------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------The Father-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Son------------------------------

BesJgAC.gif
-
vCCmMhc.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which of the Xeno Trinity will it be? A port/remaster of Xenogears /Xenosaga/Xenoblade X all seem likely at this point.

Any and all are good choices.

I wish the way I originally formatted worked. It looked much cooler.

Last edited:

Atlus leaker claims Atlus have decided when to reveal the next Shin Megami Tensei game, apprently connected to V. There is not a lot of room left this year to reveal it in time for the anniversary, I wonder if we could see it next week in a direct. But it may conflict with P5T and P3Re marketing.

Atlus leaker claims Atlus have decided when to reveal the next Shin Megami Tensei game, apprently connected to V. There is not a lot of room left this year to reveal it in time for the anniversary, I wonder if we could see it next week in a direct. But it may conflict with P5T and P3Re marketing.

If (big IF) it's connected to SMTV (maybe an Apocalypse like game?) it might be possible Nintendo got first call again.

Atlus could leave marketing to Nintendo this way and just focus on their Persona stuff.

Again ... IF.

This is my first post here (because I'm too shy to be anything but a lurker) but I just wanted to even more emphatically YEAH this. 🥹

In fact let me make a top 5 out of it:

1. Miles Edgeworth Investigations Collection
2. Elite Beat Agents sequel
3. Hotel Dusk sequel
4. Another Code something (a collection would be cool, never got to play the Wii game)
5. Chrono Trigger DS port

My familiarity with Another Code isn’t the best but I was very into what I think is the first game? The one with Ashley. Fascinating series. Please return.

Watch it release on everything but Nintendo Switch.

Watch it release on everything but Nintendo Switch.
This isn't a Nintendo skipping series, its where most of their fanbase is.

Loved SMTV, I will take whatever they will give for it. The Nahobino is too peak for just one game.

a7559e40ca41a7ad6e8a859023dc18e3af5a7f4a.gifv
I'd like to see him used in a game with more of a story, but if it is a sequel he may become a side character with his own personality which I'm not opposed to.

Just had an idea. We talked about what kind of Direct we want since last September was farming/life sim Direct.

I want a DS Direct.

Elite Beat Agents sequel
Hotel Dusk sequel
Another Code something
Miles Edgeworth Investigations collection
Chrono Trigger DS port
10/10 idea.

However we already have a sequel to Hotel Dusk (Last Window), but I still agree we need more Kyle Hyde lol.

Unless Capcom makes AC7, there is still games to port, so Miles seems next.

I'm personally still not convinced Peach is actually from them, though if we don't get another Paper Mario (that isn't TTYD HD) soonish, there's certainly merit to it I suppose. It would also explain the Paper Mario vibes some are getting from it.
(Conspiracy speculation time)

Lets assume that the Princess Peach game does come from IS, If extremely successful, do you think that would potentially become Paper Mario’s replacement?

Given that the remake of Super Mario RPG exists and the M&L series is MIA, would these factors potentially leave way for Nintendo to consider that the Super Mario RPG series (depending on it’s success) should be the “Main” Mario RPG series moving forward and Nintendo will just leave Paper Mario and M&L in the back burner?

I would certainly hope this is not the case albeit more games like Mario RPG are welcome in my book but I don’t want to see Paper Mario die.

Lets assume that the Princess Peach game does come from IS, If extremely successful, do you think that would potentially become Paper Mario’s replacement?

Given that the remake of Super Mario RPG exists and the M&L series is MIA, would these factors potentially leave way for Nintendo to consider that the Super Mario RPG series (depending on it’s success) should be the “Main” Mario RPG series moving forward and Nintendo will just leave Paper Mario and M&L in the back burner?

I would certainly hope this is not the case albeit more games like Mario RPG are welcome in my book but I don’t want to see Paper Mario die.
I think Paper Mario is alive and well, regardless of Peach's success. Maybe they'll revive the Mario RPG brand if the remake does well enough, giving the people that don't vibe with modern Paper Mario a replacement while still experimenting with Paper Mario post Origami King.

Paper mario just had its 2nd biggest game ever, and it's slowly but steadily approaching Super Paper Mario as well. It's not going anywhere.

I'm still somewhat skeptical about the chances of Mario RPG even outdoing Origami king in sales, honestly.

Eurogamer - Nintendo Hoping To Release Switch 2 Sooner Than H2 2024 If Possible
Time to shake this thread

A recent report pinned Switch 2's arrival for the latter part of next year, with development kits now in the hands of some key partners. This chimed with what Eurogamer had also previously heard, though on timing I understand Nintendo is keen to launch the system sooner if possible.

I think Paper Mario has a future but I have been wondering something similar based on whatever Intelligent Systems are up to. After Origami King, they've worked on Fire Emblem Engage and two WarioWare titles (though Get It Together! was mostly finished around September 2020). If various rumours pan out, there's also a Fire Emblem 4 remake in the works and a Paper Mario remaster. The former doesn't surprise me and I suspect it may be the work of the Three Houses team, more or less (IntSys with Koei-Tecmo heavily involved).

The fact there's supposedly a Paper Mario remaster coming has always interested me. The usual schedule for Paper Mario would mean the next title is more or less due in 2024, which is currently the launch year for the Princess Peach game. Super Mario RPG remake rules out Paper Mario appearing this year, if the remaster is real. Potentially a Paper Mario remaster and the new Princess Peach game both end up launching in 2024. So I have been wondering if Princess Peach is an EPD x Intelligent Systems joint, with the Paper Mario brains heavily involved, with Paper Mario temporarily on the back burner (but still important enough to Nintendo that they want to keep the series regular presence through a remastered release). The obvious caveat there is that, as of yet, we've no idea if the Paper Mario remaster is actually real, nor do we know if it would be a full price release or a Pikmin style port built on the Hagi emulator.

I don't think there's any solid plans for Nintendo to continue Super Mario RPG and Princess Peach as 'replacements' for Paper Mario, though. The big question mark really is around the actual developers for Mario RPG and the Peach game. In both cases, we've no idea who is actually responsible for the games, and that in turn means we've no idea if those development arrangements are actually sustainable in the medium or long term. It's not unprecedented to see Nintendo's franchise offerings evolve, though; we've just seen the Bros sub-series in Super Mario go a decade without a new title (albeit with a port in 2019) while Nintendo experimented with Maker titles on Wii U, 3DS and Switch.

Nintendo being keen to launch sooner than the second half of 2024 is probably the most interesting part of that report and the bit best placed to shake up the speculation game.

I dunno how I feel about a tech demo for Switch 2 being "look how BotW runs at Switch 2 specs".

Could this September direct be the last one didecated purely to the Switch.....

No, I'm pretty confident the first direct of 2024 will still be Switch focused. Earlier does not have to mean 1st half, it can mean September vs November.

Could this September direct be the last one didecated purely to the Switch.....

My 2 cents: If they show MP4 with a release date within the next 6 to 8 months then yes.

This will be the last "big" Switch game. Stuff like Sailor Peach (and MP4 too) will also likely end up as cross gen releases (despite BC).

I think Paper Mario has a future but I have been wondering something similar based on whatever Intelligent Systems are up to. After Origami King, they've worked on Fire Emblem Engage and two WarioWare titles (though Get It Together! was mostly finished around September 2020). If various rumours pan out, there's also a Fire Emblem 4 remake in the works and a Paper Mario remaster. The former doesn't surprise me and I suspect it may be the work of the Three Houses team, more or less (IntSys with Koei-Tecmo heavily involved).

The fact there's supposedly a Paper Mario remaster coming has always interested me. The usual schedule for Paper Mario would mean the next title is more or less due in 2024, which is currently the launch year for the Princess Peach game. Super Mario RPG remake rules out Paper Mario appearing this year, if the remaster is real. Potentially a Paper Mario remaster and the new Princess Peach game both end up launching in 2024. So I have been wondering if Princess Peach is an EPD x Intelligent Systems joint, with the Paper Mario brains heavily involved, with Paper Mario temporarily on the back burner (but still important enough to Nintendo that they want to keep the series regular presence through a remastered release). The obvious caveat there is that, as of yet, we've no idea if the Paper Mario remaster is actually real, nor do we know if it would be a full price release or a Pikmin style port built on the Hagi emulator.

I don't think there's any solid plans for Nintendo to continue Super Mario RPG and Princess Peach as 'replacements' for Paper Mario, though. The big question mark really is around the actual developers for Mario RPG and the Peach game. In both cases, we've no idea who is actually responsible for the games, and that in turn means we've no idea if those development arrangements are actually sustainable in the medium or long term. It's not unprecedented to see Nintendo's franchise offerings evolve, though; we've just seen the Bros sub-series in Super Mario go a decade without a new title (albeit with a port in 2019) while Nintendo experimented with Maker titles on Wii U, 3DS and Switch.
Agreed, Hopefully we get our answer for who’s developing the Peach game in the direct next week.

A souped up BotW shown for Switch 2. First game ever we’ve heard shown with Switch 2. The “Nintendo is keen on launching the system earlier” I think means releasing it earlier in the latter of H2. They probably want a September release.

Given how major a shake up this is for the speculation thread as we enter the final week, I’ve given you a threadmark immediately, but can you please edit in this quote if not more:

“A recent report pinned Switch 2's arrival for the latter part of next year, with development kits now in the hands of some key partners. This chimed with what Eurogamer had also previously heard, though on timing I understand Nintendo is keen to launch the system sooner if possible.“
Edit: Got approval to add the above in. If you want to add more yourself though go for it!

Last edited:
If it's just a select few people, the risk isn't that high? And this is also kinda the point of those tradefairs, showing stuff off to your trade partners :D

Sure, but Gamescom is hilariously "unsafe" in this regard.

For comparison, i wouldn't have been surprised about such a move during TGS.

From the VGC article:
Another VGC source claimed that Nintendo showcased Epic’s impressive The Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 tech demo – originally released to showcase the power of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X in 2021 – running on target specs for its next console.

The demo is said to have been running using Nvidia’s DLSS 3.5 upscaling technology, with advanced ray tracing enabled and visuals comparable to Sony and Microsoft’s current-gen consoles.
If this is all true, that's pretty impressive!

I was going to write a post about how I forgot I had previously thought if Peach was a no show, both Prime 4 and DK could both be in the same Direct, but if the expected hardware timeline does condense I could easily see all three games making it.

I was going to write a post about how I forgot I had previously thought if Peach was a no show, both Prime 4 and DK could both be in the same Direct, but if the expected hardware timeline does condense I could easily see all three games making it.

If they show all those games in the Direct, though i'm still not onboard for anything DK existing, then it's definitely the last Switch only Direct.

Gotta say, the device goes out with some bangs. (I know that Switch will be around for the better of 1.5 years even after ReDraketed released)

Holy shitomole. This fking huge news

Another VGC source claimed that Nintendo showcased Epic’s impressive The Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 tech demo – originally released to showcase the power of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X in 2021 – running on target specs for its next console.

The demo is said to have been running using Nvidia’s DLSS upscaling technology, with advanced ray tracing enabled and visuals comparable to Sony‘s and Microsoft’s current-gen consoles.

The thread is about to go fully hyperdrive.

Someone pump the breaks before we fall down the hype rabbit hole.

Aaah shit, too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom