• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They took out the 3.5 mention, but otherwise most of the rest stayed intact.
I don't really know enough about the whole raytracing stuff to judge what the version number means but if it looked basically like what Sony and Microsoft showed off, that's impressive either way.

Nice leak but the most interesting things are that it was running DLSS demos and that the switch might come early in the year, nothing on the new direct which this thread is about tho. Only thing relevant to a direct is Nintendo might tease the system in the direct if it really is coming h1 2024

I'm going to be both brave and boring and say: Metroid Prime 4 trailer; Princess Peach Real Name Trailer; Splatoon 3 Side Order Release Date; Mario & Sonic Play a Variety of Sports in France; Luigi's Mansion 2 release date trailer; Triforce Strategy reveal; Dragon Quest III 2D-HD trailer; Ys X international release trailer; F ZERO GX HD; new Rhythm Heaven.

Last Story remaster and spiritual sequel.
Before the thread inevitably rockets forward given the big news drop, I meant to respond and say first great list and great pick for a revival with The Last Story. One to sadly rule out though I feel is Ys X. Falcom is notoriously slow handing over games for English localizations to their partners. Not sure if it still is the case, but they used to wait until games were completely done on their end before handing them over to localize. Both of the Kuro No Kiseki games (Trails 11 and 12) are definitely up next for Falcom with NISA already handling the Japanese PC releases. As a huge Falcom fan I wish they could shorten the gap (which might happen now that they have less to catch up on), but they are always worth the wait!

Staying out of this topic as I got both SMRPG Remake and Wonder (as 2D Mario) spoiled for me before the last Direct, so I want at least one surprise

Last Story remaster and spiritual sequel.
You know, it's kinda sad that of all the Operation Rainfall games, only Xenoblade Chronicles blew up. I'd really like to see both this and Pandora's Tower get a second chance on Switch (or the successor tbh).

In the context of directs, a September launch vs a November launch really changes nothing for the first direct of 2024. Nintendo can easily have a January/February direct focused on current Switch games coming in the first half of 2024, and then in March/April have a Switch 2 reveal event. Nintendo and their partners still needs to market and sell ~9 months of Switch 1 software before the successor is out.

I'm the only one who don't care about Switch 2?

I mean .... The release is still far off. There are still games to come and I still have plenty of games to discover....

Now, I'm more excited about the next Nintendo Direct

With even Eurogamer saying Nintendo wants to release it earlier than later, I am officially an H1 2024 truther. This is probably an insane hopium take, but I think the Switch 2 might be the "one more thing" of this Direct. They're losing runway to announce it before it leaks like a sieve, either through developers or mass production lines.

Switch successor can run the Matrix demo?!now this make me believe the next 3D Mario will have visuals compared to it movie
John-Leguizamo-Blasts-Super-Mario-Bros.jpg

The hottest Mario and Luigi, let's gooooooooo!!

I'm the only one who don't care about Switch 2?

I mean .... The release is still far off. There are still games to come and I still have plenty of games to discover....

Now, I'm more excited about the next Nintendo Direct

Whenever you're asking a question that starts with 'am i the only one...' , the answer is no. ;)

I'll only start caring about it when a presentation for it is announced personally.

I definitely wonder where Switch 2 will fall exactly. I always thought avoiding the holidays if possible was a smart move in the sense you can build up a bigger install base. June - September always seemed appealing to me in that regard. I don’t think it’ll be acknowledged officially at all still this year as they have a great holiday ahead with Mario Wonder.

A potentially condensed timeline is definitely interesting with where some of the bigger Switch 1 projects fall and the shrinking possibility for smaller ones. Cross gen will absolutely play a large role for a while too. But yeah depending on how condensed it is exactly, I think there is potential room for seeing Prime 4, DK, Peach, and Fire Emblem all in the same Direct which is super wild. There is a greater possibility I guess now in the most extreme shortening window that Prime 4 is saved to be a cross gen launch title, but eh we’ll see. Definitely going to be sleeping on all of this to think about how it all really fits together.

Imagined if we actually is getting jan 2024 blow out like 2017, that would be so cool.

I hope they open preorders at a different time though. It was hard in 2017 waking up so early, it didn't get easier with increasing age.

If the Switch 2 releases by June there won’t be a February direct. At that point nintendo has to announce the Switch 2 and this will be the last Switch only direct.
Last nintendo console to launch in june was N64 in japan and for handhelds the gba. So interesting if they pick that month again

I have an actual info leak:

Later today, there will be a lot of YT videos with dumb face thumbnails.

Hope You guys consider donkeykong "big"
I think in the movie he's like 2 times the size of Mario so I definitely consider him big.

On a serious note, holy hell if they reveal DK!!!
Sorry for the extended delay as yesterday was personally incredibly busy for me on multiple fronts, but yes early yesterday morning our first challenger for THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE @smoothies put both their avatar and title on the line for a shot to go down in Fami history as a Legendary Speculator by predicting a Direct would be announced at 6:00 AM yesterday morning for today at 6:00 AM. While the jury is still technically out on today, by missing their announcement prediction as a Courageous challenger they have lost the bet so the time has come to hand out a new avatar and a choice of titles that they will wear for now until one month out from the ultimate September Direct date.

So here you are smoothies!

53154371744_3235d439f9_n.jpg

Yes the mystery theme of the losing avatars is Magia Record themed like my own avatar haha. I picked this theme for three reasons: I love Magia Record, I had 50 potentially unique character art pieces on hand as a result from characters I pulled in the game (it was a gacha game), and everyone should know quickly what thread exactly you lost an avatar bet in.

Since our challenger pool was a good size, I did hand pick each avatar from the ones I had available so in your case smoothies I saw you had a Kapp'n avatar so I gave you Rena Minami whose attacks have a water element attached. Since you were first, you got one of my favorite characters too :)

You have three choices for custom titles for whichever flavor of fun speaks to you:

Fami's #1 Rena Minami Fan!
Magical Girls <3
I Lost The Legendary Speculator Challenge

Good luck to the remaining 13 challengers! Up next is @Marce-chan who picked a Direct announcement time for this Saturday at 7:00 AM for a show airing on Wednesday September 13th at 3:00 PM. It's a bold prediction for sure so good luck to you!
Jesus I made a typo(was gonna predict the safest possible date of announcement as 12th) but when I saw it was already too late.
I'm super happy to be the second loser and loner on the day tho!! And can't wait to see my new avatar 😍

Atlus leaker claims Atlus have decided when to reveal the next Shin Megami Tensei game, apprently connected to V. There is not a lot of room left this year to reveal it in time for the anniversary, I wonder if we could see it next week in a direct. But it may conflict with P5T and P3Re marketing.

The Shin Megami Tensei V-2 I've been predicting for 2024 since last year is finally getting revealed!!! Please Atlus make it happen!!

Tbh I don't see them "wasting" all the budget that gone into V, the many models, world building and etc with only doing one game with it. An Apocalypse type sequel is a given imo.

And probably Switch exclusive as well as V. Maybe the "V Maniax" multiplat was mistaken for a new game.

Hopefully it gets revealed in this Direct for next year.
From the VGC article:
Jesus Christ if that's true...
Well I'm not surprised BotW tech demo was shown. With that game they could further enhance everything to impress devs. And showing a PS5/XSX tech demo on their hardware was a mastermind too.

If the Switch 2 releases by June there won’t be a February direct. At that point nintendo has to announce the Switch 2 and this will be the last Switch only direct.
Yeah, the suggestion Nintendo are looking to launch as soon as possible means their marketing events could be far less predictable in the first half of 2024. I'd assumed we were looking at a September or October launch for hardware based on the 'second half' chat, with a reveal in May and a software showcase in June. That would have put the last Switch only Direct as February.

Now it's more difficult to tell. Nintendo could do a Mini Direct early in the year, depending on what they announce this month and what the release slate looks like, ahead of a March or April hardware reveal. I think the hardware is definitely publicly confirmed before they announce their fiscal year projections in May, but the launch might now be anywhere from April onwards. I'd guess the software schedule is a deciding factor in launch timing. Nintendo are going to want that steady cadence that turned Switch into a strong performer.

The Switch successor sounds like the best of both worlds for hardcore console gamers and Nintendo handheld enjoyers. If Nintendo plays their cards right this could be the best console of all time with hardware as capable as the demo sounds.

Nintendo can still have a direct focused on mostly Switch 1 games after Switch 2 is revealed/detailed. Again, Nintendo and it's partners are not just going to completely drop the Switch 1 in favor of Switch 2, Switch 1 will continue to receive support (be it cross gen or playable on successor thanks to bc) for several more years.

The Switch successor sounds like the best of both worlds for hardcore console gamers and Nintendo handheld enjoyers. If Nintendo plays their cards right this could be the best console of all time with hardware as capable as the demo sounds.

Decent price (400 - 450) and a solid launch lineup (3D Mario, some nifty third party ports) and patches for Totk/Mario Kart/Splatoon 3 ... yep, if they nail this.

Okay Switch 2 in May with Metroid Prime 4, DK(cross gen) in July, Astral Chain 2 in September(cross gen), Super Mario 3D open world game(next gen exclusive) in October and Pokémon Legends 2 (cross gen) in November.

MP4 and Astral Chain revealed in the September Direct. Pokémon revealed at the Pokémon Presents in February. DK and Mario revealed at the hardware reveal event in February or January.

top 10 top 10 lists

4. Metroid. The Prime games alone can be a total tossup as to how someone will rank them. Throw the 2d games into the mix and you get a springboard for some interesting conversations.
  1. Fusion
  2. Prime 2
  3. Dread
  4. Prime 1
  5. Super
  6. ZM
  7. Prime 3
  8. SR
  9. Hunters
  10. Pinball
That was tough, usually I'd just do tiers as a cop out

Okay Switch 2 in May with Metroid Prime 4, DK(cross gen) in July, Astral Chain 2 in September(cross gen), Super Mario 3D open world game(next gen exclusive) in October and Pokémon Legends 2 (cross gen) in November.

MP4 and Astral Chain revealed in the September Direct. Pokémon revealed at the Pokémon Presents in February. DK and Mario revealed at the hardware reveal event in February or January.
My prediction for the games revealed at the reveal event:

• Mario 3D Next (launch day, november 2024)
  • Mario kart 9 (launch day)
  • Arms 2 (December)
  • Luigi's Mansion 4 (2025)
  • Monolith new series (2025)
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land 2 (no date)
  • Nintendo published Platinum new IP (no date)
  • Nintendo published Team Ninja new IP (no date)

Pokémon will remain on Switch for a considerable amount of time. 2026 is when we'll get gen 10 on Switch 2.

Pokémon will remain on Switch for a considerable amount of time. 2026 is when we'll get gen 10 on Switch 2.

With the power of the Switch 2, I hope Game Freak can release a game that looks comparable to what Capcom was doing on 3DS but that might be asking too much from them.

My prediction for the games revealed at the reveal event:

• Mario 3D Next (launch day, november 2024)
  • Mario kart 9 (launch day)
  • Arms 2 (December)
  • Luigi's Mansion 4 (2025)
  • Monolith new series (2025)
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land 2 (no date)
  • Nintendo published Platinum new IP (no date)
  • Nintendo published Team Ninja new IP (no date)

My predictions for the event are:
  • 3D Super Mario (launch title, October or September, or main holiday title);
  • another look at Metroid Prime 4 (launch title if it's May/June, niche holiday title for October/November or the enhancements if it's already released);
  • Mario Kart X(Spring 2025);
  • Animal Crossing Next(2025);
  • Astral Chain 2 (2024 or early 2025);
  • Super Mario RPG 2(2025);
  • Xenoblade Warriors (fall 2024);
  • Pokémon Legends 2;
  • a brand new 2D Zelda;
  • Donkey Kong.

With the exception of RPG 2, Kart, 3D Mario and Animal Crossing, everything will be cross gen, some will release before Switch 2 and get enhancements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom