• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forever Ent teased another remake announcement this year, right? Here's a crazy prediction that actually makes sense. We didn't get Panzer Dragoon 2 remake because the team moved on to a different Sega franchise. Sega teased to do something with Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio series, right? I think both will get remade by Forever's teams. Crazy Taxi remake will be in this upcoming Direct, that's my guess. JSR will be on February Direct.

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei's remake got cancelled you think? That would suck. It's still on their website though, so reading it kinda surprises me.

Wait did I dreamed of Sonic Superstars release date? I could have sworn it was already announced for October 13th.
I checked my calendar for October aaaand you might've been thinking about this:

I checked my calendar for October aaaand you might've been thinking about this:
Nope. I remember it was Superstars. Maybe I did dream it or it was a rumor/retail listing somewhere.

Forever Ent teased another remake announcement this year, right? Here's a crazy prediction that actually makes sense. We didn't get Panzer Dragoon 2 remake because the team moved on to a different Sega franchise. Sega teased to do something with Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio series, right? I think both will get remade by Forever's teams. Crazy Taxi remake will be in this upcoming Direct, that's my guess. JSR will be on February Direct.
Nights into Dreams

Nope. I remember it was Superstars. Maybe I did dream it or it was a rumor/retail listing somewhere.
I'm pretty sure that date was rumored/leaked shortly after the game was announced
What about this project? Any ideas what it could be?

I think the two most popular theories were Kid Icarus and Baten Kaitos, iirc. But nothing has come off it so far.

Given the talk of both Jet Set and Crazy Taxi being bigger live-service games I bet neither one of them will be on Switch. PS/Xbox/PC only.

Given the talk of both Jet Set and Crazy Taxi being bigger live-service games I bet neither one of them will be on Switch. PS/Xbox/PC only.
Initial rumor said nothing about live service. Best bet is remake of the games, very unlikely that Sega possess the teams to create followups to either franchise.

Also at 130m sold, Switch doesn't need this pessimism. Sega will try to make Switch ports of their non-Yakuza games happen. Including next years Persona 3 remake.
What about this project? Any ideas what it could be?

This is 100% HD remaster of Star Fox Assault.

Wasn’t this the Baten Kaitos games coming out next month? Although they might not count as ‘Action’

Baiten Kaitos I & II was handled outside of Bandai Namco itself (Logicalbeat). ;)

The game apparently has 3D backgrounds also.

This is 100% HD remaster of Star Fox Assault.

That sounds very reasonable indeed. Would fall in line with GameCube remasters being a hot thing right now. (y)

Sega isn't going to waste JSR by licensing it to Forever. They have their own plans for the IP...
What are you talking about, that's a dead IP. There's nothing to waste. That might be the best chance of comeback. Sega ain't throwing millions to 90s as fuck series when they've just acquired a golden goose of 2010s.

I think Sega plans for Crazy Taxi and JSR are to make battle royale style games.

For example; Crazy Taxi be a big massive city where you have to compete with other players for who makes more money.

JSR the same, putting various players and be the player who can make more graffities.

Either way they can shadowdropped Dreamcast titles as they already have HD versions.

I think Sega plans for Crazy Taxi and JSR are to make battle royale style games.

For example; Crazy Taxi be a big massive city where you have to compete with other players for who makes more money.

JSR the same, putting various players and be the player who can make more graffities.

Either way they can shadowdropped Dreamcast titles as they already have HD versions.
Yep

Even if the JSR or Crazy Taxi Fortnite ideas don't work out the fact that Sega was trying it out internally shows that Sega sees those IPs as having potential and won't license them off like HOTD or Panzer Dragoon

hopefully is a Kid Icarus Uprising remaster, the world need to know how amazing this game is
+ @oomoepoo + @Rhythm Shift

Kid Icarus we can rule out for the project. Sakurai put out a tweet on Twitter following his Kid Icarus YouTube video that more thoroughly put down that anything was being worked on for Kid Icarus Uprising currently after the video suggested it.

The field is pretty open for speculation on the Namco Bandai rumor as a result.

None of those IP's are big enough to have a money generating GAAS entries. If Sega to create a GAAS game, they'd definitely start with the mega franchise they just acquired: Angry Birds.

Crazy Taxi and JSR needs a soft return before Sega invest big moneys in them. They're still very dormant, or even, dead franchises. Remake is the best way to go.
hopefully is a Kid Icarus Uprising remaster, the world need to know how amazing this game is
I don't see Namco remaking any game they weren't involved in first place. There are much better and talented studios for this. If Namco is doing a remake/remaster for Nintendo, there has to be legitimate reason for it.

Hang on have I berensteined myself into an alternate universe or something?
I'm SURE we already had a release date for sonic already. Like haven't people been talking about how it's really close to Mario and it reminds them of their boomer console war childhoods or something?

Hang on have I berensteined myself into an alternate universe or something?
I'm SURE we already had a release date for sonic already. Like haven't people been talking about how it's really close to Mario and it reminds them of their boomer console war childhoods or something?
Was probably because of this:

If that's legit and the plan hasn't changed then that puts it the week of Mario Wonder, just a few days before.

What are you talking about, that's a dead IP. There's nothing to waste. That might be the best chance of comeback. Sega ain't throwing millions to 90s as fuck series when they've just acquired a golden goose of 2010s.

Sega was planning to make JSR and Crazy Taxi into AAAA GaaS games for some reason.

Hyenas is about to be one of the biggest bombs in the last decade and will probably kill both games though as Sega realizes they have no idea how to make this game.

Forever Ent teased another remake announcement this year, right? Here's a crazy prediction that actually makes sense. We didn't get Panzer Dragoon 2 remake because the team moved on to a different Sega franchise.

They are on Front Mission 3 remake

What’s the latest rumours? Been to busy with work to keep up…
Not much lately. The last major rumor was perhaps Jeff Grubb’s Metroid Prime 2 Remaster rumor which is linked in the OP.

That said we did have two small Nintendo things that happened this week if you are into release calendar speculation and one that I think factors into Direct Speculation. First was the new Splatoon season launching with no mention of Side Order. While perhaps it’ll be a surprise reveal closer to the season start, I think most people myself included are going to look at Side Order being a December release. To me at least this is awesome knowing we have an awesome experience waiting for us in December which doesn’t always get major Nintendo releases.

The other one is the Wave 5 Mario Kart track review trailers have begun in Japan. At least for the last Wave, these essentially counted down to the big trailer with a release date. This one is interesting to debate about as the release is seemingly targeting around Mario Wonder and if we are getting a Direct tease, it must land within the next seven weeks.

Welp

It was nice hanging with yall

Warning. A Team January outbreak has been detected in the Nintendo Direct Speculation sector. All civilians are advised to avoid unnecessary travel until decontamination measures have been implemented.

face-mask.gif

So I opened Famiboards and got this notification:

"Your post in the thread "Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE - Join by 11:59PM Pacific!)" has received feedback: Please avoid betraying #TeamSeptember for the sake of your own sanity - Josh5890, xghost777, Derachi"

Then I woke up.

Still, better be safe.
Saw my name and an intimidating wall of text on opening this thread just now and was nervous what I was walking into haha.

Can I propose feedback to join the challenge that closes in five minutes though lol.

Our 14 Challengers for THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE! Who will win?
Ok! Registration is over for THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE and we have 14 challengers which is awesome! I’m really hoping at least one of you successfully predicts the date! At best, a maximum of three of you could come out on top and be crowned Legendary Speculators which means at least eleven are walking away with new avatars and, if applicable, titles! September 13th is the most popular date by far with 9/14 challengers willing to risk their avatar predicting it. One way or the other, you’ll all find out the theme of the losing avatars and titles on September 5th as our first challenger Smoothies has placed their bet for a Direct announcement at 6:00 AM! (All times displayed are in Pacific time)

@smoothies Challenger 1 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 5th 6:00 AM - Air Date September 6th 6:00 AM

@Marce-chan Challenger 14 - Courageous! - Announced Saturday September 9th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 3:00 PM

@Koren Lesthe Challenger 3 - Courageous! - Announced Monday September 11th 6:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 9:00 AM

@tee Challenger 8 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 7:00 AM

@Kysen Challenger 10 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 7:00 AM

@Josh5890 Challenger 11 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 2:00 PM

@Legion of Primes Challenger 12 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 2:00 PM

@SammyJ9 Challenger 2 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 3:00 PM

@Dragoncaine Challenger 4 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 3:00 PM

@Brofield Challenger 5 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 12th 7:00 AM - Air Date Thursday September 14th 7:00 AM - Bonus Fun Guess Luigi’s Mansion 1 Shadowdrop

@shoptroll Challenger 13 - Courageous! - Announced Wednesday September 13th 6:00 AM - Air Date Thursday September 14th 7:00 AM

@VegiHam Challenger 7 - Fun! - Air Date Wednesday September 13th 7:00 AM

@Xorhan Challenger 6 - Courageous! - Announced Tuesday September 19th 7:00 AM - Air Date Wednesday September 20th 2:00 PM

@MrBones Challenger 9 - Courageous! - Announced Monday January 8th 6:00 AM - Air Date Tuesday January 9th 3:00 PM

Thank you all for signing up and for everyone else out there I hope you cheer on your favorite posters / speculators and enjoy the fun, drama, and chaos to come :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom