• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The WWTP HD Collection can be released for Switch, or crossgen with Switch 2:
• 720p/1080p & 30fps on Switch
• 1080p/4k & 60 fps on Successor

The WWTP HD Collection can be released for Switch, or crossgen with Switch 2:
• 720p/1080p & 30fps on Switch
• 1080p/4k & 60 fps on Successor
I'm willing to wait for WWTP on nuSwitch if it's 60fps, but also wasn't the reason Skyward Sword HD in 60fps because it was rebuilt? I don't think those games could achieve 60fps if they're just the Wii U ports

Incoming. Be Ready.

4PPvdvRRc8cJLXaGoYhHWi-1200-80.jpg

Does anyone know what the schedule for Nintendo is like at Gamescom? Dunno what their presence is like, haven’t seen anything about them at all.

pretty sure the interesting stuff is happening behind closed doors

Well I mean

Sega hired them to build the modern Sonic CD in 2011, and that was so well received that they had them redo Sonic 1 and 2 as well, and then they made Mania, and then Sega had them do Origins complete with a redo of Sonic 3&K, and it's possible one of them was slightly involved in Superstars because he was talking about his engine being adapted to run in that game. 😅

But I get ya, it was funny

pretty sure the interesting stuff is happening behind closed doors
Donnerstag, 24. August 2023
  • 11:30 – 12:30 Uhr: Nintendo 64 – Nintendo Switch Online mit HeyNancy
??? Is this just going through the games currently released on N64 NSO with a streamer? Or some kind of reveal behind the scenes how they pick their games? (I'm assuming it's with darts 30 yards away and only when someone hits a bullseye is when they release a game on the service)

??? Is this just going through the games currently released on N64 NSO with a streamer? Or some kind of reveal behind the scenes how they pick their games? (I'm assuming it's with darts 30 yards away and only when someone hits a bullseye is when they release a game on the service)
They're not going to tell you that 1) they want to stretch things out as long as possible and 2) they don't want to operate NSO at a loss like other subscription services do during their growth phase.

They're not going to tell you that 1) they want to stretch things out as long as possible and 2) they don't want to operate NSO at a loss like other subscription services do during their growth phase.
It just seems really peculiar to have an event about an otherwise lackluster service that they haven't really seemed to be pushing particularly hard, but at the same time it probably is foolish to hope for anything substantial to come out of this

It just seems really peculiar to have an event about an otherwise lackluster service that they haven't really seemed to be pushing particularly hard, but at the same time it probably is foolish to hope for anything substantial to come out of this
I don't really think Nintendo sees it that way, they have several Everybody's 1-2-Switch segments there after all lol.

They probably have a stage at their booth again so they will have some kind of show there, get some random 13 year old attendees on stage to play with them and then be like "oh yeah rember the good old days of back then?"
It won't be anything special.

I'll just be happy to Prince of Persia and Star Ocean at their Booth tomorrow.
And pick the 100 platinum points you can get there.

They want to shake shake it up.
Or at least not do Diddly, squat.

Mischief Makers and Diddy Kong Racing, come forth. Pipe dream.

What secret third party exclusive?
Sorry, not an exclusive, but a third party game Nintendo is helping to distribute. Could be an exclusive. Reported by Lex Luddy, whom Jeff Grubb corroborates (on Switch 2 rumors):
the company has not been booking any behind-closed-doors appointments with press, bar a single third-party game that the console manufacturer is helping to distribute.

Why do I have a feeling this is the unknown Capcom game?
Yeah I feel this is it too, either Monster Hunter or Megaman. It makes sense, have press play it at Gamescom, reveal it at September Direct and details at TGS.

Also could be Fantasy Life i, an exclusive that Nintendo could distribute. But why the secrecy, we know the game. Shouldn't be behind closed doors.

I mean, do we actually consider games that released on both 3DS and Switch as cross-gen releases? I think there's definitely a difference between something like a PS4 to PS5 game like Horizon Forbidden West than a Switch game that also released on 3DS. I'm of course not talking about the quality or size or anything, but it's just.. it's not really the same as the 3DS doesn't really have a successor other than the Switch Lite, in a sense.
Yes, the Switch is just as much a successor to the 3DS as it was to the Wii U so games like Sushi Strikers and Fire Emblem Warriors were cross-gen titles.

Wonder if this is where they show off that super secret third party exclusive? I still don't have the faintest idea what it could be.
If it weren't already released, I'd be dead certain it was Red Dead Redemption.
If it wasn't heavily featured on Gamescom already, I'd think of Mortal Kombat 1, but that one would be on the booth(like 11 for Switch on Pax).

I think it's the Capcom game meant to be released before the end of the FY. They might even make it their marquee Q1 title like Monster Hunter Rise in March 2021.

Imho... It's either a "mainline spin off" Resident Evil, as in, the equivalent of Zero/Code Veronica for Biohazard/Village, a new mainline game that's not Resident Evil Apocal9pse, or what would be the result of a plan for Revelations 3(that won't have that name). Resident Evil Switch has been rumored for ages by literally the person that got 100% of the RE and MH leaks right waaaaayyyy ahead of reveals(Dusk Golem). It definitely turned into something and that something isn't RE9 which was rumored separately.

OR it's an asset reusing Monster Hunter Rise 2 coming to all platforms before World 2 comes. That seems a bit insane tho?? But we did get Generations and World almost on back to back years right?

But they wouldn't show a third party game behind closed doors to press if it wasn't something major.

off topic a bit but i wonder since they were testing it for splatoon 3, if mario kart 9 you can get new characters from DLC but you can unlock costumes and cosmetics from a free battle pass sort of deal

I just accidentally rewatched the Super Mario RPG trailer and now I'm hyped as hell for more of that soundtrack all over again (and playing it, of course!)

the rumored timed Resident Evil for the console? or Monster Hunter Rise/World sequel?
I think it's not supposed to be an exclusive anymore, but it's most likely Resident Evil. RE games release pretty often (six games have released since 2017: Biohazard, 2 Remake, 3 Remake, Village, 4 VR, and 4 Remake), and a Switch title has been rumored for a while now. It feels way too early for Monster Hunter.

Honestly, despite people constantly saying that WW/TP HD ports would be happening any day now, looking at the Zelda releases we've gotten throughout the Switch's life... I'm not sure where they would have gone?

2017 - Breath of the Wild (and BOTW DLC)
2018 - Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
2019 - Cadence of Hyrule and Link's Awakening
2020 - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (and CoH DLC)
2021 - Skyward Sword HD (and AoC DLC)
2022 - Nothing, but this was TOTK's original target year
2023 - Tears of the Kingdom

If Nintendo was actually sitting on finished Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD ports, then wouldn't 2022 have been the year to drop them? There was no first-party release in August outside of Kirby's Dream Buffet, and that was a smaller eShop title. Not necessarily saying that these games aren't getting ported to the Switch or that Nintendo isn't sitting on them. They could be sitting on them! And if TOTK doesn't get DLC, Nintendo could drop one or both as the requisite Zelda release for 2024. But I just felt like airing my confusion because every time someone has said "WW/TP HD!" over the years, my brain has gone "...But we already have a big Zelda release scheduled for this year???"

I've brought this up before, but I think it's honestly decently likely that if we do get WW/TP they'll be 3D All-Stars style Gamecube ISOs on a disc and the Wii U versions will forever be stuck on Wii U. Nintendo only has so many resources to work on porting stuff and they probably internally view remakes (especially one that was basically a way for the Zelda developers to get familiar with working with HD development and another that was outsourced to Tantalus) as nonessential versions.

Maybe Nintendo sees Wind Waker HD / Twilight Princess HD as good titles to fill the gap of an original 3D Zelda on Switch 2 while consumers wait.

Weekly Questions Week 3 Begins Now!
We’ve already finished our second week of the Direct thread. That means we should have only four weeks or less to go if the September Direct arrives in time for TGS! Rumors should start picking up once Gamescom is over as all eyes will be on September! As we enter Week 3 it’s now time for our next question :)

Week 3 – From recent reports, we allegedly have another year ahead of more Switch. Which untapped series or character would you like to see get a new game before Switch 2 hits.

Curious to see what y’all pick! I think I’m rooting most for F-Zero and Fortune Street myself :)

We’ve already finished our second week of the Direct thread. That means we should have only four weeks or less to go if the September Direct arrives in time for TGS! Rumors should start picking up once Gamescom is over as all eyes will be on September! As we enter Week 3 it’s now time for our next question :)

Week 3 – From recent reports, we allegedly have another year ahead of more Switch. Which untapped series or character would you like to see get a new game before Switch 2 hits.

Curious to see what y’all pick! I think I’m rooting most for F-Zero and Fortune Street myself :)
Rewatching some Factor 5 streams at GamesCom in 2019, I really wish Julian and his team at Epic Games Cologne could accomplish the Turrican they would love to make between two Fortnite updates...

Since they love the Switch and Mario Maker, they would like to include a level editor similar to the one used in SMM.

Always Star Fox.

Not sure if that counts as "untapped" but it sure feels like it does.

Actually now that I think about it, a truly untapped game I'd love to see make a comeback is Excitebike.

Also I'm assuming your question is more about Ninty franchises, because if not then I have a laundry list of Sega and Squenix properties 😅

Rewatching some Factor 5 streams at GamesCom in 2019, I really wish Julian and his team at Epic Games Cologne could accomplish the Turrican they would love to make between two Fortnite updates...

Since they love the Switch and Mario Maker, they would like to include a level editor similar to the one used in SMM.
My big Factor 5 want is always going to be Rogue Squadron. They have to at least port 2 and 3 one day right?
Always Star Fox.

Not sure if that counts as "untapped" but it sure feels like it does.

Actually now that I think about it, a truly untapped game I'd love to see make a comeback is Excitebike.

Also I'm assuming your question is more about Ninty franchises, because if not then I have a laundry list of Sega and Squenix properties 😅
Star Fox is definitely untapped and needs to come back! I’d love to see a new game before Switch 2 hits! Would be huge!

Excite anything would be cool to me! I got a huge kick out of both Excite Truck and Excitebots on Wii!

By all means, share your laundry list of third party wants! The spirit of the question was Nintendo, but I left it open on purpose!

My big Factor 5 want is always going to be Rogue Squadron. They have to at least port 2 and 3 one day right?
Hm, the Star Wars: Rogue Leaders for the Wii that got cancelled despite being almost finished...

Last year, Factor 5 said they wrere still hopping to get this released one day.

EDIT :
Speaking of untapped series and Factor 5, did you know (gaming) ? Factor 5 worked on a Pilotwings game that later got renamed but still used very similar gameplay, but with a gigantic openworld design (basically a scale down version of Earth) that used the WiiConnect24 to check the Weather Channel of the Wii and reproduce weather conditions all over the world in real time ?

Big up to @LiamRobertson for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom