• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But explain to me what in the tweet makes the teaser for a game coming to Switch lol
The kind of leakers that do this emoji code stuff generally use red/green/blue hearts or circles or whatever to signify Nintendo, Xbox, and Playstation since those are the colors they're generally associated with.

I
Want
Anything
Shin Megami Tensei.

But please be SMT V-2!! Or IV remasters.

Astral Chain 2 is long overdue and I think it's an easy guess for a cross gen game!! I see it coming either late 2024 or early 2025. Hope they reveal it at this Direct with a 2024 release year and then re-reveal for Drake. I loved that game so much!! That Nash Weedle guy apparently teased AC 2 on Twitter but I know he ain't reliable. But hey, something that is a bit more risky like that is interesting imo.

I'd kill MP2R for 4 appearing tho. Aside from that, perfect Direct!!

Holy hell we're finally seeing Resident Evil Switch, aren't we?!
But explain to me what in the tweet makes the teaser for a game coming to Switch lol
Red = Switch
Blue = PlayStation
Green = Xbox

Billbil-kun is teasing a new (?) multiplatfform zombie game that it would be coming to Switch.

He replied that is nothing related to COD.

Maybe Capcom is ready to talk about Dead Rising?

They've been on a roll here lately, and I don't think they're ready to stop just yet!

Going to get a petition started to bring back Fami subforums and introduce Rouge Port for all Paper Mario discussion :) I’m joking

Left 4 Dead let's go!
Broke: Left 4 Dead 2 Remaster

Woke: Left 4 Dead 3 reveal!
Maybe Capcom is ready to talk about Dead Rising?

They've been on a roll here lately, and I don't think they're ready to stop just yet!
Trelll reminding us they're based with the Dead Rising shout! Hype.

Jokes from earlier aside, honestly a majority of Fami handles Paper Mario discussion well. I don’t think we need a ban or quarantine for discussion.

TTYD HD is a fairly notable rumor, but I think it and the next Paper Mario will 100% skip this show with Super Mario RPG so strongly in the spotlight this holiday as the big November game.

Jokes from earlier aside, honestly a majority of Fami handles Paper Mario discussion well. I don’t think we need a ban or quarantine for discussion.

TTYD HD is a fairly notable rumor, but I think it and the next Paper Mario will 100% skip this show with Super Mario RPG so strongly in the spotlight this holiday as the big November game.
Yeah I'm not expecting TTYD HD anytime soon given SMRPG. That feels like a Fall 2024 title if Nintendo properly markets it. Or they could shadowdrop it on the eShop next Direct and then wonder why it didn't sell as well.

Yeah I'm not expecting TTYD HD anytime soon given SMRPG. That feels like a Fall 2024 title if Nintendo properly markets it. Or they could shadowdrop it on the eShop next Direct and then wonder why it didn't sell as well.
Already preparing for TTYD HD underperforming, eh?

Billbil-kun is teasing a new (?) multiplatfform zombie game that it would be coming to Switch.

He replied that is nothing related to COD.

Sounds like Zombie Army 5. Rebellion had something in dev along with Sniper Elite 5, ZA5 would be the least surprising thing. This could get revealed on Gamescom ONL.

100% in agreement, the chances of another Mario RPG showing up this direct (specifically TTYD HD) is less than zero. SMRPG will have the spotlight to itself on that front until February, possibly even until the September direct next year.

100% in agreement, the chances of another Mario RPG showing up this direct (specifically TTYD HD) is less than zero. SMRPG will have the spotlight to itself on that front until February, possibly even until the September direct next year.
To be fair, I think early in the Summer direct if I had said "we're gonna see a new 2d Mario, a new Peach game, a remake of Mario RPG, and a remaster of Luigi's Mansion 2" you'd say that was "too much Mario for one direct". Also as they showed with Pikmin 1-2, Nintendo's not afraid to drop a remaster even if it could potentially scratch the itch and take the spotlight away from their new game.

Yeah TTYD remaster isn’t coming anytime in a year. I agree next September the earliest and even then who knows it could be later because the summer presentation will be all about the Switch 2. All these rumored games and Nintendo will save stuff for Switch 2 or end of life.

Wind Waker and TP I don’t expect to see until switch 2 is released. Some good old 4K Zelda remasters. Insiders are very good with the games coming, but we know timing could be off. Rumored Metroid Prime game came years earlier than the release.

Last edited:
To be fair, I think early in the Summer direct if I had said "we're gonna see a new 2d Mario, a new Peach game, a remake of Mario RPG, and a remaster of Luigi's Mansion 2" you'd say that was "too much Mario for one direct". Also as they showed with Pikmin 1-2, Nintendo's not afraid to drop a remaster even if it could potentially scratch the itch and take the spotlight away from their new game.

I mean, I guess, but TTYD HD would be a graphical remake of a Mario RPG... When a graphical remake of another Mario RPG is releasing in two months.

There's a lot more overlap here.

TTYD visually holds up well as it stands. Just a simple Hagi port is all you need and it would be fine.

You wouldn't fix that game's padding, but people would riot if you tried to improve that game's content so whatever.

Guys the direct won't be for another month at the earliest we have a long time to speculate
This thread is only going to accelerate as it goes on which is pretty cool. When I post the next weekly discussion question roughly at midnight (perhaps a little earlier or later), we’ll very likely have less than five weeks to go at most which is exciting.

This thread is only going to accelerate as it goes on which is pretty cool. When I post the next weekly discussion question roughly at midnight (perhaps a little earlier or later), we’ll very likely have less than five weeks to go at most which is exciting.
There's also more stuff happening, like next week is Gamescom + ONL on Tuesday, which granted likely won't have much for Switch but it's something! And then we're getting toward early September and actual possibilities, so yeah, the thread will be picking up.

There's also more stuff happening, like next week is Gamescom + ONL on Tuesday, which granted likely won't have much for Switch but it's something! And then we're getting toward early September and actual possibilities, so yeah, the thread will be picking up.
Yeah Gamescom is going to be interesting to watch as this year is more focused on updates on existing games (so maybe less interesting to watch live haha). His Not-E3 show had trailers for Sonic, Fae Farm, and Prince of Persia (the latter iirc is on Switch?) so there’s some contenders for updates there. Perhaps Persona 5 Tactica also as Geoff has had Persona in the past.

00-800-aaDSC_7813-Paleo-Pot-Stickers-800x1200.jpg

and i'm out

Weekly Questions Week 2 Starts Now!
We may be in the middle of Chill Week here for the Direct Speculation ST, but time is quickly marching onwards! We had at least 21 replies to Week 1’s question which was awesome. Now it’s time for Week 2’s question!

Week 2 – Directs have been having themes lately. Last year was the Farm Direct, February was the Level 5 Direct, and June was the Mario Direct. What is the theme of this next Direct and if you could choose the theme yourself what would you pick?

We are seemingly only five weeks away at most from the next Direct now if it lands before TGS which is awesome! While I’m here I do want to give another shout to THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE which is in the last 48 hours of the registration period. We have 14 challengers already which is awesome! Check out the OP for who has signed up already and if you want to join in the fun check this post here for details. The deadline to register is 11:59 PM on Friday US West Coast time.

We may be in the middle of Chill Week here for the Direct Speculation ST, but time is quickly marching onwards! We had at least 21 replies to Week 1’s question which was awesome. Now it’s time for Week 2’s question!

Week 2 – Directs have been having themes lately. Last year was the Farm Direct, February was the Level 5 Direct, and June was the Mario Direct. What is the theme of this next Direct and if you could choose the theme yourself what would you pick?

We are seemingly only five weeks away at most from the next Direct now if it lands before TGS which is awesome! While I’m here I do want to give another shout to THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE which is in the last 48 hours of the registration period. We have 14 challengers already which is awesome! Check out the OP for who has signed up already and if you want to join in the fun check this post here for details. The deadline to register is 11:59 PM on Friday US West Coast time.
I believe this one could be the Metroidvania direct.
IF, and that's a big IF, Prime 4 appears, then maybe Prime 2 HD can be here. And Silksong. And maybe some other indie Metroidvania games. Gimme all of them !

I believe this one could be the Metroidvania direct.
IF, and that's a big IF, Prime 4 appears, then maybe Prime 2 HD can be here. And Silksong. And maybe some other indie Metroidvania games. Gimme all of them !
I would love a Metroidvania Direct, that’d be so rad! The Metroids and Silksong would be great headliners and Tevi and Momodora 5 would be great to see if the former doesn’t release sooner.

What is the theme of this next Direct?
- Games That Have Already Been Revealed Direct
more Mario Wonder, more Mario RPG, more Detective Pikachu, etc. maybe Silksong?

If I could choose the theme myself?
- Square Gets Their Shit Together Direct
revealing pixel remasters (not HD2D) of Chrono Trigger and Terranigma, with Chrono Break as the big mid-Direct reveal and an "extended" remaster of Xenogears with Takahashi and Soraya Saga helping finish the Disc 2 section being the One More Thing

- Games That Have Already Been Revealed Direct
(more Mario Wonder, more Mario RPG, more Detective Pikachu, etc. maybe Silksong?)

(revealing pixel remasters (not HD2D) of Chrono Trigger and Terranigma, with Chrono Break as the big mid-Direct reveal and an "extended" remaster of Xenogears with Takahashi and Soraya Saga helping finish the Disc 2 section being the One More Thing)
The HYPE Square Direct would be legendary. Just endless possibilities to pick from there and I’m right there with you with Chrono being an amazing headliner. Give me a native Kingdom Hearts II FM release, non Pixel Remaster FFVI, and announce a sequel to Neo TWEWY for good measure. End with Team Asano’s HD-2D FFXVII just to throw a big curve ball in there.

revealing pixel remasters (not HD2D) of Chrono Trigger and Terranigma, with Chrono Break as the big mid-Direct reveal and an "extended" remaster of Xenogears with Takahashi and Soraya Saga helping finish the Disc 2 section being the One More Thing
Ok, I want your theme Direct.

Square-Enix part Two direct.

The last june was Square Enix themed Direct part one and we'll finally get the second part. Nier Replicant, next Asano game, next Kawazu game, FF tactics remaster, Radiaata Stories HD remaster... Give me all!

It's the Nintendo shows as little as possible for 2024 Direct, which leads to another round of 'succ incoming' and '[redacted] confirmed' posting, as well as an insistence Switch's 2024 will be awful. People complain when commonly leaked/rumoured game doesn't show. In February, Nintendo announce a bunch of Switch titles up to summer 2024.

I would pick Nintendo puts the cat amongst the [redacted] pigeons as the theme of this Direct, with them announcing an exciting and interesting first half 2024 Switch line up: EPD Donkey Kong, a dormant IP return (Wave Race? F Zero? Kid Icarus?), a Fire Emblem 4 remake, a large scale Tears of the Kingdom expansion, and Metroid Prime 4. We don't see Princess Peach Game or Luigi's Mansion 2, which will wait until February. Obviously, new hardware is coming, but the will they/won't they/when they cycle online needs more fuel and a strong Switch showing for 2024 would be just that. It'd also be good for the huge Switch install base if the device's Indian summer stretches on into 2024, after Super Mario Bros Wonder and Super Mario RPG, and I'd prefer to see Nintendo continue firing consistently rather than a sudden dearth of titles.

Walking Dead game published by GameMill...

The Walking Dead: Clementine’s Ultimate Carnage
Developper : Robomodo (Tony Hawk RIDE, Tony Hawk Proskater 5)
First 79 $ Switch game, 25 characters, 25 battle passes.
Cross platform with Ouya, Luna and Google Stadia (it’s a zombie system).

I almost predicted it.
Now the nexr Nintendo Direct will have Metroid Prime 2.

Walking Dead game published by GameMill...

Jesus, does GameMill get funded by a gulf nation oligarch or something? They're releasing one game after another and none of them are particularly cheap looking games...

This, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom