• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope “didn’t sell well,” whatever that means, because Ubisoft hasn’t sold it for 15 bones yet. I love both games dearly but I didn’t pull the trigger on Kingdom Battle until 4 years after it released when it was $15, and also because the sequel had been leaked announced that day. Clearly that worked to Ubisoft’s advantage because I preordered the gold edition of Sparks of Hope at full price.
I preordered both gold editions at full price, it’s true the quick reduction in cost moved so many copies of mushroom kingdom. That’s why I wasn’t really sure why Ubisoft it didn’t sell well in their expectations. Most Ubisoft games don’t really sell well at launch anymore due to how often they reduce cost months after launch.
I also think the new battle system for sparks was a downgrade compared to the first game in terms of a strategy game.

Indie World next week is perfect timing for me to renew my complaints about there being too many interesting things these days.

Prediction. We will see some of this in the next direct...or not...

Metroid Prime 4
Zelda TotK DLC
Mario Kart 8 DLC Wave 6
Paper Mario TTYD
Metroid Prime 2 & 3
F- Zero GX
Something Mario Party
Something Fire Emblem
Something Donkey Kong
Something Mario & Sonic Olympics

Mass Effect
Tomb Raider
Fallout
Just Cause
Hitman
Halo
Resident Evil
New Rayman
This is the energy I like to see

Me if that happens:
dWrphrT.jpg
Please be 3D, Murfy has got some explaining to do

One day closer. I’m not sure what my hype level for this direct should be. We’re late into the switch life. Probably the second to last exclusive switch direct. September directs tend to be my least favorite out of the February, June, September direct trio.

Of course we’ll see the game announced, but what big new stuff would Nintendo announce now that’s not a port, remaster or dlc? DK I really hope for. 2D Zelda I would love too, but it feels like it’s going to wait until next gen. We may or may not see the Peach game and same with Prime 4.

it looks so good, does Good-Feel publish it in Japan? It would be cool if Nintendo helped them distribute it to the rest of the world, like they did with Part Time UFO
It's probably gonna be Nicalis again since they published Monkey Barrels.

Remember the absolutely wild "nipple reveal" Super Mario Odyssey September 2017 Direct footage that went through a lot of the game's most outlandish ideas and made Easy Allies all roll on the floor?

Yeah. Give me a similar trailer for Wonder.

One day closer. I’m not sure what my hype level for this direct should be. We’re late into the switch life. Probably the second to last exclusive switch direct. September directs tend to be my least favorite out of the February, June, September direct trio.

Of course we’ll see the game announced, but what big new stuff would Nintendo announce now that’s not a port, remaster or dlc? DK I really hope for. 2D Zelda I would love too, but it feels like it’s going to wait until next gen. We may or may not see the Peach game and same with Prime 4.

Big new stuff (not port, remaster, remake) ?

• Metroid Prime 4
  • Super Mario Bros Wonder
  • Peach

And Nintendo could announce a new Donkey Kong. And I think it would make a great last year (probably) for Switchi :)

I don't think there will be a new 2D Zelda. If there is a 2D Zelda, it will be a remake like Link's Awakening.

Remember the absolutely wild "nipple reveal" Super Mario Odyssey September 2017 Direct footage that went through a lot of the game's most outlandish ideas and made Easy Allies all roll on the floor?

Yeah. Give me a similar trailer for Wonder.

Dunno, i feel like the first trailer kinda implicating "Mario and friends doing substances and landing in a influence hallucination level" has almost the same energy already.

First-half prediction:

• Switch 2 announced(beginning of fiscal year/mid-April) with a sneak peak at the system and some small details(new joy-cons, larger screen, altered form-factor, physical & digital BC(please God), maybe a couple 1st party game previews
  • Switch 2 - full blowout for their June/E3-esque Direct
  • New 3D Mario
  • New Punch-Out!!
  • New IP or two?
  • Metroid Prime 4 is revealed for both Switch 1&2 (cross-gen)
  • New DKC (Switch 2)
  • 3rd party games/ports for Switch 2: Street Fighter 6, MK1, Call of Duty, DQXII, Elden Ring, etc..
  • All NSO titles available now will be available day 1 on Switch 2(probably not), along with GameCube(Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race:Blue Storm to start)

Dunno, i feel like the first trailer kinda implicating "Mario and friends doing substances and landing in a influence hallucination level" has almost the same energy already.
Mario's shroom tolerance must be ridiculous if its taken him 38 years to start tripping

This is the first time in years that I don't really care about having a Direct. Probably because the Switch is starting too feel like the 3DS for me, a console I love but... not my main system anymore due to its age.

Anyway, I would like something like this:

• Mario Wonder gameplay and surprises.
  • Zelda TP/WW HD
  • More Gamecube ports, like F-Zero, Prime 2, Paper Mario...
  • New 2D Metroid. Prime 4 can wait until the next gen console.
  • Wacky unexpected first party spin-off, kinda like Captain Toad.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X port.
  • Bethesda pls, give us Fallout and TES.
  • A little tease of the next gen console...? That would be too much I know.

Give me

Mario Wonder
Peach game details
Metroid Prime 4 or a new DK game
Shadow drop of Metroid Prime 2/3
Super Mario RPG trailer
All of this plus specifically Metroid Prime 2 feels like it could definitely happen. How would you feel if they swapped out Prime 2 for something like F-Zero GX HD?

All of this plus specifically Metroid Prime 2 feels like it could definitely happen. How would you feel if they swapped out Prime 2 for something like F-Zero GX HD?
I would be fine. It’s not my type of game, but it’s a game that’ll get the Nintendo core fans happy. I would easily prefer Metroid Prime 2 because it’s already my favorite Metroid game lol.

Last edited:
I don't even know what I want lmao. I've gotten everything I've ever wanted and needed from Nintendo on an individual game level. Star Fox is the closest thing I can think of.

Really, the Switch is also a haven for old third-party games to be brought back. Rune Factory, Etrian Odyssey, and Ghost Trick are key examples. I would like more of that.

My thought process on Paper Mario is that it's been three years since the last game, soon to be four next year. Unless TTYD is a ground up remake, that seems like a long time for a remaster. The next mainline game is probably pretty far along at this point. Origami King sold really well on Switch, so the next game just makes sense on this system. Save TTYD for early Switch 2.

As for DK, that definitely seems like something they would save for the next system. It's going to be the big comeback for the series. Maybe it'll be cross-gen, but it won't release until Switch 2 is out.
if theres a Paper Mario the Thousand Years Door remake/remaster, i fearinng Inteligent System will replace all unique NPC, with generic Mario enemies/Toad, the Mario ditacte will heavily impact this game.

Things I want from Nintendo in the next year on Switch if I can be selfish and get the 5 things I want most

A new Rhythm Heaven game with all new songs/minigames

A remake of Golden Sun 1+2 that combines the two into a single game and adds new sequences for both parties during the other's campaign (more scenes with Felix and co in GS1, more scenes with Isaac and co in GS2)

Star Fox Assault HD with the campaign as is but the multiplayer expanded to be 8-16 players with online multiplayer

A new x-mo game that brings the series to Switch with multiplayer and online level sharing

Hotel Dusk and Last Window HD remaster collection, cause Cing's legacy deserves to be preserved

A remake of Golden Sun 1+2 that combines the two into a single game and adds new sequences for both parties during the other's campaign (more scenes with Felix and co in GS1, more scenes with Isaac and co in GS2)
The extra scenes will all play out like this

if theres a Paper Mario the Thousand Years Door remake/remaster, i fearinng Inteligent System will replace all unique NPC, with generic Mario enemies/Toad, the Mario ditacte will heavily impact this game.
Mario RPG proves that this won't happen. All the NPCs are still intact in the remake.

I think it'll probably be fine if it's basically just a "graphical touch-up" level of ambition

beyond that though? yeah I start feeling iffy too

I think it'll probably be fine if it's basically just a "graphical touch-up" level of ambition

beyond that though? yeah I start feeling iffy too
To be honest that's all I really want, some upscaled textures and maybe fixing the broken lottery generator to win a rare badge.

If the murder house crime scene was removed for the Western release to appease North American sensitivities though, then the gallows in the town square is definitely gone regardless.

Direct could be kick ass if Nintendo went for it and showed what they have for Switch up to mid 2024; but I don't expect that to happen so my hype for September is fairly low.

I don't expect it to be bad - I'm just not all that sure what to expect at this point outside of the previously leaked/rumoured stuff. And some announcements are presumably being held until February.

Not this again.

We've had multiple mario RPG rereleases. There's another one coming this year. They never do this. They're never going to do this. There's no point inventing crazy conspiracies and then getting worried about them.

The complaint is pointless as we've already seen tons of the unique characters and races in the Mario RPG remake trailer. There's no reason they'd do more work to redo all of TTYD's original characters.

did Paper Mario the Origami King has unique NPC? No they dont have, NPC full of generic Mario enemies/Toads
Once again, Mario RPG is getting a remake in three months and is retaining all the original designs. A new game is a completely different situation.

Once again, Mario RPG is getting a remake in three months and is retaining all the original designs. A new game is a completely different situation.
Super Mario RPG, is most Square Enix, so the game is safe of the Mario dictate, is not a first party franchise as Paper Mario that suffer for the Mario dictate

Super Mario RPG, is most Square Enix, so the game is safe of the Mario dictate, is not a first party franchise as Paper Mario that suffer for the Mario dictate
It's still a Mario game. Just look at Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope. Ubisoft couldn't alter any Mario character, so all the NPCs are Rabbids. It would be the same for Square Enix if it was a new game. Nintendo won't alter characters in a remake, it would lead to tons of backlash.

Super Mario Sunshine on Switch had a ton of Piantas, Nokis, weird ass looking Goombas and Koopas, and a bunch of other strange creatures that didn't exist prior or haven't been seen since.

Technically, its release on Switch wasn't a straight port because it was updated for widescreen.

Probably could make some of the same arguments for Super Mario Galaxy in SM3DAS because it had more coding going on underneath beyond straight emulation. Either way, making up a boogeyman about a remake of a 20 year old game is it not something worth stressing over.

And even if it were, it's not something to be concerned with because as far as we know the game doesn't technically exist yet.

did Paper Mario the Origami King has unique NPC? No they dont have, NPC full of generic Mario enemies/Toads

What happens with a new game has less than nothing to do with what happens to a remake.

We've had mario and Luigi superstar saga, Bowser's inside story, and now mario RPG getting remakes, all since 2017, all maintaining a vast array of original designs.

There's no point worrying about them doing away with the character designs of old games.

I kinda just want the next Paper Mario game tbh. I really like Origami King and have no nostalgia for TTYD, so a new game in the style of TOK is preferable. Hopefully we see it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom