• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first weekly discussion question is officially up now!

Week 1 – From the two Directs this year, which game or games would you most like to see an update on at the next Direct?
Definitely Super Mario Wonder! It feels like Nintendo has only revealed the tip of the iceberg here, and the prospect of seeing more details revealed for the first 2D Mario game not branded as a "New" title in 17 years is incredibly exciting.

After that, Super Mario RPG. I've only ever played the first few hours of the game when I emulated it as a child, so I'm stoked to see more areas, but more importantly, I'm excited to see further changes to combat and possibly even optional characters/boss fights/etc. that may have been included. The internet will go bananas in the best way if such changes are implemented!

Most anticipated, overall, though? Metroid Prime 4 by a country mile.

Aren't we about due for an Indie World sometime soon first?
Yes, typically there's an Indie World before Gamescom. They didn't do one last year, but there was a Splatoon 3 focused Direct instead in August.

YearGamescom StartIndie World / Nintendo Direct (2022)
20238/23???
20228/248/10 (Splatoon 3 Direct)
20218/258/11
20208/258/18
20198/208/19
20188/218/20, 8/28
20178/228/30

Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamescom https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Direct

If we don't get a shadow dropped video tomorrow then I would expect we're heading back to the IW happening the day before the start of Gamescom like in 2018-2019. 2017 was when Nintendo started doing Indie focused presentations (inaugural broadcast was 2/28/2017) and it looks like 2018 was a little bit of A-B Testing with broadcasts before and after the show (which hasn't been replicated since).

Talking about games Nintendo should remaster but what are some games Nintendo will NEVER remastered? I'll go first star fox adventure

Definitely Super Mario Wonder! It feels like Nintendo has only revealed the tip of the iceberg here, and the prospect of seeing more details revealed for the first 2D Mario game not branded as a "New" title in 17 years is incredibly exciting.

After that, Super Mario RPG. I've only ever played the first few hours of the game when I emulated it as a child, so I'm stoked to see more areas, but more importantly, I'm excited to see further changes to combat and possibly even optional characters/boss fights/etc. that may have been included. The internet will go bananas in the best way if such changes are implemented!

Most anticipated, overall, though? Metroid Prime 4 by a country mile.
i believe the septembre Direct will be mostly focused on Super Mario Bros Wonder and the Peach game, Metroid Prime 4 reveal will be directly linked to Nintendo next hardware(meaning only when Nintendo anounce this console we gonna see a glimpe of the game)

Talking about games Nintendo should remaster but what are some games Nintendo will NEVER remastered? I'll go first star fox adventure
F-Zero GX. Sega, specifically Ryu Ga Gotoku studio needs to be invlolved. They'll never be involved.

How am I just seeing this thread? OMG, IT'S FLIPPIN TIME, ISN'T IT!?

Metroid Prime 2 straight into my veins, baby! When? Sunday September 17th. The Sunday Direct dream has to be realized one day. What better time than now [September 17th]; what better day than today [September 17th]? 🔮

i believe the septembre Direct will be mostly focused on Super Mario Bros Wonder and the Peach game, Metroid Prime 4 reveal will be directly linked to Nintendo next hardware(meaning only when Nintendo anounce this console we gonna see a glimpe of the game)
It's definitely possible (and logical imo) that this happens. If we don't get MP4, A Metroid Prime 2 shadowdrop with a nice degree of care put into updating the game would make me very happy. As would deep dives on SMBW and SMRPG, as well as The Peach Game, a possible F-Zero GX HD reveal, etc. Certainly wouldn't be an earth-shattering Direct, but I rarely find that September directs are, for my taste.

Hi there, just so you’re aware, here’s a link to our forum policy on HL following community discussion- essentially we aren’t interested in hosting discussion on it in any form, including around ports, sales and reviews etc.
ah, thanks for the heads up! I'll avoid it next time

Why are people thinking the Direct is in TGS week? Is this always been the case? I thought the september direct was always in begin of the month :unsure:

Why are people thinking the Direct is in TGS week? Is this always been the case? I thought the september direct was always in begin of the month :unsure:
👇👇👇
image.png
Nintendo Live is the first week of September, then there's the week leading up to TGS and the week of TGS. And TGS starts on a Thursday (which'd be Wednesday in the Americas) so there's still some time in TGS week to have a Direct ahead of the show. Nintendo might want to have the Direct a day or so before the show in order to have it be part of the event in a way? That's what they did last year, having the Direct about a day before TGS (depending on how you look at the time zones)

At this point, they might just be working on a full on remake, especially of TP which needs it the most.
I wouldn’t object to that. I think OoT would be a perfect candidate as well. I’d even be happy with a port of OoT3D with higher resolution and updated textures. And it’s 25th anniversary is this year as well.

Nintendo is probably too embarrassed to release Wind Waker and Twilight Princess because they know it'd hurt the series' image and prestige.
They’ve already released 2 3D Zelda’s on Switch that are inferior to Wind Waker, the series’ reputation can only go up

I was going to say I'm really interested to see what the next slew of NSO titles will be, but I now realize that we still have quite a few titles we know are coming, but still aren't dated. They could easily stretch out F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, 1080° Snowboarding, Excitebike 64, Harvest Moon 64, and Mario Party 3 through the remainder of the year. NSO update will probably be in the February Direct.

We are within a window of 30 - 40 days until the next Direct now. More time has passed since the last Direct vs. the time we have left until the next one.

I've had multiple dreams already where I go online to see a new Direct has been announced. This can't keep happening.

👇👇👇

Nintendo Live is the first week of September, then there's the week leading up to TGS and the week of TGS. And TGS starts on a Thursday (which'd be Wednesday in the Americas) so there's still some time in TGS week to have a Direct ahead of the show. Nintendo might want to have the Direct a day or so before the show in order to have it be part of the event in a way? That's what they did last year, having the Direct about a day before TGS (depending on how you look at the time zones)
Ah thanks for pointing it out. It does makes sense that way.

The best 3D Zelda
starfoxadventures-1646077949202.jpg
The hottest and most correct take.

Does it have story? It do. "Mature" graphics (whatever that meant in 2002)? It do. Does the music slap? It do. Dungeons and puzzles and side quests and upgradeable weapons? It do do do and do.

What does it have Zelda doesn't? Fully voice acted cutscenes (and characters voiced outside of cutscenes), and dinosaurs.

Age of Calamity rules. It gets unfair hate for not being what some people hoped it was narratively; but the game tells you what the deal is in the first five mins and it's on you if you stayed mad about it for three years

Age of Calamity rules. It gets unfair hate for not being what some people hoped it was narratively; but the game tells you what the deal is in the first five mins and it's on you if you stayed mad about it for three years
I stayed mad (and also never bought let alone played it) because Nintendo never released Switch Pro in 2021 when AoC and Animal Crossing were chugging to maintain the framerate 😂

I'll pick it up on nuSwitch after it gets a performance patch

Ok, you could have mentioned Skyward Sword, but now you've gone too far with Twilight Princess and Majora's Fucking Mask

I'm joining Wind Waker hater gang
Twilight Princess is an okay game until you have to be wolf link, that knocks it down a ton.

Majora’s Mask is alright if you hate yourself, otherwise it’s a convoluted mess of a game only thought fondly of because edgy kids grew into edgy adults.

I stayed mad (and also never bought let alone played it) because Nintendo never released Switch Pro in 2021 when AoC and Animal Crossing were chugging to maintain the framerate 😂

I'll pick it up on nuSwitch after it gets a performance patch
Totally understandable; didn't frame rate stuff is something I'm not personally attuned to, but AoC deserves criticism for that

Twilight Princess is an okay game until you have to be wolf link, that knocks it down a ton.

Majora’s Mask is alright if you hate yourself, otherwise it’s a convoluted mess of a game only thought fondly of because edgy kids grew into edgy adults.
Wind Waker bros ... it's so over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom