• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m at a point now where I’m more excited to see what surprise third party ports get revealed, we’ve been on a good roll with them lately.
Nier Replicant and One Piece Odyssey are my guess. Perfect time for Odyssey tbh, with live action show is just around the corner.

Square might bring the rest of the Star Ocean series too, after SO2 remake. Starting auth SO3 and 4.

But I expect more new stuff rather than ports. New SaGa and Mana games from Square, new Digimon from Namco and if we're lucky Tecmo will also be there with Monster Rancher 5.

So what games can we expect?

Dragon Quest 12
Dragon Quest 3 remake
Hollow Knight: Silk Song
Dying Light 2
Final Fantasy 9 remake
Metroid Prime 4
Monolothsoft new Ip or Xenoblade Next
Monolithsoft x for switch
Donkey Kong Switch
Something Kirby
Another warriors game
???
i feeling some of this games like Dragon Quest 12, Metroid Prime 4, Monolith Soft action RPG/Xenoblade Chronicles 4 could be Switch sucessor games(cross-gen on MP4 case)

Watch us bring forth enough vibes to shake the electromagnetic field across the globe to the extent of short-circuiting Nintendo's WiFi routers, causing a blackout that somehow hits "publish" on the unlisted Prime 4 trailer on Nintendo's YT account.

How would it upload with no Wifi

You need the Goku spirit bomb gif and replace the spirit bomb with Samus in morph ball
CkhwZM1.jpg

This is the ideal scenario for me too, why hold back games that weren't developed for new hardware when you can put out patches as a great selling point of the new hardware. "Hey you know all those games you already own? Now they have ray-tracing and instant load times for the low low price of whatever the fuck the 2witch costs!"
That's my exact thought. I think it would work better to sell the point of "you can play your switch games here but better!" than just doing cross gen. Cross gen titles would confuse people with different versions available to buy and also would be difficult to explain to the non-enthusiast consumer the backwards compatibility function. And we know Nintendo wants to do things as simple as possible.
This does call into question what cross-gen must necessarily mean. I'm partial to the idea that there could be one release that works on Switch but also holds the data on cartridge to improve the game's presentation and such on [REDACTED], thus maintaining a single version to purchase and a simple-to-explain "Better on [REDACTED]" message. The tricky part then is signposting which titles have this, but if that can be figured out this seems the simplest method from the purchaser side.

A theoretical Mario Kart 8: Victory Lap or Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Special complete edition would probably fall under this line, for instance, or new complete releases of other games with their DLC included, and really new titles in general that still play on Switch.
Also I think it would be much more impactful regarding Prime 4 to launch it on switch and after that feature it with the visual enhancements on the successor's presentation. We would be able to really feel the difference. Otherwise the game on the original switch would be damaged imo.
At the same time, I can see the intent to show the game in its best light from the start -- with the message that the game will still work on Switch, even if in a less-ideal form. If you show the better version later, there's always the question of how many people will really care about the upgrade, but the better introduction might drive initial interest.

Of course, we don't actually know Nintendo's plans for this. It's a secret to everybody.

A shadowdrop of Wind Waker HD and/or Twilight Princess HD with minimal upgrades over the Wii U versions would be nice.
For a while, I've been thinking a release on [REDACTED] could even be preferred, though that's in no small part because of features I hope the system will allow (for example, good pointing controls for an included Link's Crossbow Training, the ability to attach another system to be the Tingle Tuner for Wind Waker, and so forth, and that's without considering details such as ray tracing and such).

However, I suspect my earlier suggestion for what cross-gen could entail might solve this issue, as long as everything is worked out for it, and it still sells to the overall Switch audience.

given how long the game is taking to develop, i severely doubting the game will be a Switch game, it will come to Switch sucessor istead
I'm really not sure what we might expect from Silksong that would lead to them determining the best option is to forego the larger Switch audience, particularly if those games still work on the new console. Again, maybe include some upgrade features that unlock with the new system, but even that probably won't be much.

Yeah, I think they're holding on to announcing it because it's gonna be more of a Torna or even Sunbreak effort so they wanna take their time to make it.
Torna? So it could get its own physical release? That sounds like the way to go.

aw fuck it, the new Castlvanina will be announced here
Give me Pandora's Tower.

tbh I hope we see Pikmin 4 DLC

I want more of that game
I'm currently holding off on this one because I hope they'll have printings with the DLC on cartridge if they actually do have any.
I prefer it to all be there. I'm ... really not big on DLC for that reason.

How are we feeling about F-Zero, by the way? Nate did say he had heard of a project.

I'm not one to buy remasters of games I've already played and own (which is why I skipped on Metroid Prime Remaster), but I might pull the trigger on a GX re-release.

How are we feeling about F-Zero, by the way? Nate did say he had heard of a project.

I'm not one to buy remasters of games I've already played and own (which is why I skipped on Metroid Prime Remaster), but I might pull the trigger on a GX re-release.
I thought for sure it was going to be the September shadowdrop, but it got more complicated with the Metroid Prime 2 rumors. Luigi’s Mansion has been proposed as another contender and I can see arguments both for and against it.

So yeah I don’t know! Could be a shadowdrop (no absolute reason there can’t be more than one if Prime 2 pans out), or it could be a normal December / January / February release. I do think it might do better as a release they take a little more care with especially if it is more ambitious and adds online racing. It’s been basically 20 years since the last F-Zero.

They could pad out the Switch’s final year with gamecube remasters.
Luigi’s Mansion
F-Zero
Windwaker
Twilight Princess
Prime 2
Prime 3
And for 3rd parties, throw in:
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Riders
NBA Street Vol. 2
Def Jam Fight for New York
OG Battlefront 2
Prince of Persia trilogy
Rayman trilogy

All of this will never happen but theguy can dream. Also, my wallet would die a painful death.

Luigi’s Mansion
F-Zero
Windwaker
Twilight Princess
Prime 2
Prime 3

All of this will never happen but theguy can dream. Also, my wallet would die a painful death.
These are 100% probable that will happen from here to 1 or 2 years at most. Add Paper Mario TTYD.

I don’t think Luigi’s Mansion is coming. Dark Moon was just announced. It’s the end of life game for Switch. Luigi’s Mansion I think will come towards the end of the Switch 2.
going to say the opposite and say we will get Luigi's mansion 1 before Luigi's mansion 4 so during the first half of the switch 2

Been enjoying the cozy weekend here for the Direct thread. We either have a chill week ahead or praying for an Indie World week depending on which camp you gravitate more toward, but then things start heating up with Gamescom week and the following week the rumor mill will really begin ramping up. Fun times ahead!

There’s a solid 5 days and 3 hours left to sign up for THE LEGENDARY SPECULATOR CHALLENGE for those interested (the deadline is 11:59 PM on Friday). We have ten people so far and interestingly for those with conviction in their hearts Pokemon week is the most popular choice despite being third most popular on our thread poll. September will only be more wild the more people who sign up so definitely join the fun if you are interested!

I don’t think it would happen, but a $20 Forgotten Land Metroidvania spinoff Kirby would be the coolest thing possible for me.

My big hope for HAL is a new eshop game whether that’s Box Boy 5, Part Time UFO 2, or something brand new.
I feel like a collection of the first three Boxboy games could also make a lot of sense.

They put out a physical 3DS card with all three games in Japan so there's already precedent for bundling them together, and it'd be one more franchise that Nintendo gets to make a "play the whole series on Switch" tweet about.

I thought for sure it was going to be the September shadowdrop, but it got more complicated with the Metroid Prime 2 rumors. Luigi’s Mansion has been proposed as another contender and I can see arguments both for and against it.

So yeah I don’t know! Could be a shadowdrop (no absolute reason there can’t be more than one if Prime 2 pans out), or it could be a normal December / January / February release. I do think it might do better as a release they take a little more care with especially if it is more ambitious and adds online racing. It’s been basically 20 years since the last F-Zero.

Luigi's Mansion (1), it's still complicated.

Firstly, if it exists, so it will be released with the Dark Moon remasters. I think that would make sense. Secondly, which version Nintendo will use? NGC or 3DS version ? Personally, I'd prefer a remastered version, not a shadowdrop. Luigi's Mansion 3 is one of the best looking games on the Switch and 2 will have a real graphical upgrade. It would be disappointing to get 1 in "HD".

In brief, I don't see this game coming out in September at all.

For Metroid Prime 2.... Yes, it's more plausible. But there have been rumours that it will be released with 3, no ? If they aren't remastered like the first, I can see they'll come out shortly before 4, like Nintendo did with Pikmin 1+2. I even think it's the best thing to do, but I don't have Nintendo's logic :p

Also.... Like you said, It all depends on what they want to do for F-Zero? Shadowdrop or normal release ? Personally, I don't care, I just want it :p

Last edited:
All I want is Pikmin 4 dlc announced in the next direct.

We can't. Vanpool has sadly passed away. HAL is all alone. We have to wait a long time for Forgotten Land to start to take shape. Gone are the days of annual Kirby releases :'(
Hal ussually has at least 2 kirby games in development, with one being a smaller scale spinoff

We can't. Vanpool has sadly passed away. HAL is all alone. We have to wait a long time for Forgotten Land to start to take shape. Gone are the days of annual Kirby releases :'(
So I searched "vanpool shutting down" and got this

The news comes from a notice posted on the developer's website, which states that the company is dissolved as of May 31. It gives no reason for the studio's closure, nor any specific details.

The last part is so ominous I wonder wtf happened

Hal ussually has at least 2 kirby games in development, with one being a smaller scale spinoff
Vanpool did the smaller spinoffs, not HAL. They helped Kirby to be an annual franchise and now they're gone. Whatever HAL is doing is most likely a followup to Forgotten Land. Possibly much larger and better looking than the first game, I think it'll target the successor's first year.

Luigi’s Mansion
F-Zero
Windwaker
Twilight Princess
Prime 2
Prime 3
And for 3rd parties, throw in:
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Riders
NBA Street Vol. 2
Def Jam Fight for New York
OG Battlefront 2
Prince of Persia trilogy
Rayman trilogy

Every time I remember The Great Escape hasn't had a remaster or remake, I get sad. It's a heck of a game. Hoodlum Havoc is pretty great too.

I'm sure if you had asked a couple months ago people would have been absolutely 100% completely sure Pikmin 1 and 2 would never come to the switch before Pikmin 4.

There's nothing holding Luigi's mansion GameCube back

HAL's next game is probably a HAL Egg/Boxboy team title for the eShop and it wouldn't surprise me if that turns up next month.

Thread's dead.
Speculation's dead.
NO DIRECT
NO BIG GAMES!
IT'S OVAH!!
IT'S A DRING WORLD NOW!!!
I was trying to parody Mad World with the lyrics being all about having no games or only remasters and small games, but could not get past the third verse... So if anyone feel up to the task :B....

Gut feeling: Not non-existent.
I'm curious whether they'll give us 2 & 3 the same way they did with Pikmin 1 + 2, or space them out and use them to kind of ramp up to the Prime 4 announcement/release.

But that's kind of the same question as wondering when they'll re-announce/release Prime 4. I've still got a gut feeling that it'll release on Switch, pre-Switch 2.

I'm curious whether they'll give us 2 & 3 the same way they did with Pikmin 1 + 2, or space them out and use them to kind of ramp up to the Prime 4 announcement/release.

But that's kind of the same question as wondering when they'll re-announce/release Prime 4. I've still got a gut feeling that it'll release on Switch, pre-Switch 2.
I think the difference is how much work was done on 2 and 3.
If it's a simple port or smaller remaster effort I believe it will be 2+3. If is a Prime HD type of thing, I believe they will be released on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom