• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Champion Discussion |ST34 July 2024| Fami Through Daybreak

xghost777

Magical Girls <3 #TeamJRPG #PraiseTheProcess

Welcome to Nintendo Champion Discussion! That’s right, this month we are all champions even more than usual because the Nintendo World Championships Famiboards Edition is being held right here in this very thread! Everyone reading will be able to compete and all you need is a passionate themed post each week! I’ll explain all of the details a little later on, because I have two other things to discuss right away. First, if you are new to Famiboards, Nintendo Champion Discussion is usually Nintendo General Discussion here and all of the usual General Discussion continues onward. This is the chill hangout thread that not only features Nintendo and other video game discussion, but also chats about life, the food you are enjoying (pizza pics are always welcome!), sharing fun memes you find online, and so much more! We’re just coming off a very fun Nintendo Direct that gave us plenty of awesome new games to look forward to including Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom, Mario & Luigi Brothership, and Metroid Prime 4 Beyond (#PraiseTheProcess) so there’s plenty of fun games to discuss. The second thing I want to mention, is that we are also celebrating JRPG July this month which is headlined by Trails Through Daybreak on July 5th. Weekly discussion questions are going to be RPG themed and will rotate out every Wednesday so please look forward to them!

Nintendo World Championships Famiboards Edition

Alright our main event this month is the Nintendo World Championships Famiboards Edition! Each week I’ll present a Nintendo series you have to make a themed post around and I’m looking for posts filled with passion! The theme of the first week for example is Mario and you are welcome to approach this in many different ways. You could for example write a post about your favorite Mario game, maybe you’ll write an ode to Toadsworth, or perhaps a Haiku about Bowser. Photoshops / memes are welcome as well as long as you make them fresh for this event. The main rules are to keep your passionate post within one post (which is admittedly a very large amount of room to work with lol) and the post should be fun, positive, good silly, and/or good weird. Please let me know if you are submitting a post for the championships (@ me, say you are submitting it, etc.). You are welcome to quickly double post to let me know you are submitting your post if you don’t want to take away from your post’s artistry and impact. I’d prefer if you only submit one post and make it count when you do, but if you do want to resubmit just let me know. You are welcome of course to make more passionate posts beyond whatever you submit should inspiration strike! The top three posts will get medals and points each week (3 for gold, 2 for silver, 1 for bronze) and there may be shenanigans in the final week to keep it interesting. This event is mainly for fun so there are no big prizes planned, but the winners will go down in history and be immortalized in Fami lore if nothing else!

Here’s the schedule for the event so you can plan your posts. Entries will be cut off at 11:59 PM Pacific Time each Sunday and I’m aiming to announce each week’s winners within 24 hours of the cutoff provided my schedule doesn’t interfere. I'm aiming to announce each week's theme when I cut off submissions for the prior week again provided my schedule doesn't interfere. All of these posts will be threadmarked for easy reference.

Week 1: June 30th – July 7th - The theme is Mario!
Week 2: July 8th – July 14th - The theme is ??????
Week 3: July 15th – July 21th - The theme is ??????
Week 4: July 22nd – July 28th - The theme is ??????
Winners Announced July 29th!

JRPG July – Featuring Trails Through Daybreak + Weekly Questions!

I love the Summer months as it’s an awesome time for outdoor activities and adventures (swimming in pools and trips to the beach are my favorites!) and while every month is really a great time for RPGs as far as I’m concerned, there is something that feels special about having an awesome adventure to get back to whenever you have downtime amidst Summer fun. This year Trails Through Daybreak, the 11th directly connected Trails game which is the start of the fourth big story arc, is definitely the biggest new game for JRPG fans especially and I know it’s going to consume my month. While JRPGs get top billing in July, I’m curious for any RPG fans what games are you going to be playing this month? Also, as I mentioned prior, each Wednesday I’ll be posting a new RPG themed Weekly Discussion Question this month which will carry us right to the end of the month. If you want a preview of the questions ahead of time to plan your answers, you can click on the spoiler tag below.

Week 1: July 3rd – July 9th - Who are your favorite RPG characters and why?

Week 2: July 10th – July 16th - What are some of your favorite RPG battle systems and other mechanics and why?

Week 3: July 17th – July 23rd - What are some of your favorite RPG soundtracks and songs. Feel free to share Youtube songs this week! Hyperlinks are always cool, but if you want to embed a video please do one per post to be kind to mobile users. Multiple posts are always encouraged :)

Week 4: July 24th – July 31st – What are your favorite RPGs of all time and why?

Release Calendar

July is looking like another awesome month for games on Switch! Here are some of the games you can look forward to:

Machi Koro With Everyone – July 4th
The Legend of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak – July 5th
Ace Combat 7 – July 11th
Princess Maker 2 Regeneration – July 11th
Darkest Dungeon II – July 15th
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Splintered Fate – July 17th
Nintendo World Championships NES Edition – July 18th
Schim – July 18th
The New Denpa Men – July 22nd
Tokyo Xanadu – July 25th
Arranger: A Role-Puzzling Adventure – July 25th
One Piece Odyssey – July 26th

The Legend Of ST Heroes – 2024 Edition

A big shoutout as always to everyone who has hosted a General Discussion thread so far! I’m always impressed with the unique approaches and creativity people bring in putting these together!

|ST Oct 2021| by @mazi
|ST2 Nov 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or… by @Derachi
|ST3 Dec 2021| Topical Threes by @Suswave
|ST4 Jan 2022| Resurrections by @Skittzo
|ST5 Feb 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3 by @Dardan Sandiego
|ST6 Mar 2022| Marchful Mode by @EvilChameleon
|ST7 Apr 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel by @EvilChameleon
|ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8 by @Barely Able
|ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer! by @Irene
|ST10 July 2022| Julyve A Live by @Plum
|ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody’s 11-12 Discussion Thread by @Legion of Primes
|ST12 Sept 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03 by @xghost777
|ST13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary! by @hologram
|ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear by bellydrum
|ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami by @Red Monster
|ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning by @chocolate_supra
|ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe by @SammyJ9
|ST18 Mar 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month by @Brofield
|ST19 Apr 2023| A tradition unlike any other by @Josh5890
|ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop is a Waterfall by @Irene
|ST21 June 2023| Welcome to Famipark! by @Party Sklar
|ST22 July 2023| PIKMINVASION by @famicorpse
|ST23 Aug 2023| Things Get WEIRD by @shoptroll
|ST24 Sept 2023| Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.) by @Barely Able
|ST25 Oct 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary! by @VolcanicDynamo
|ST26 Nov 2023| The Man Who Erased His Moves by @Derachi
|ST27 Dec 2023| Have a Cuppa with Your Fami by @MissingNo.
|ST28 Jan 2024| This Is Our Year by ngpdrew
|ST29 Feb 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity by @Suswave
|ST30 Mar 2024| Famiboards Town-Square by @Raccoon
|ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever by @big lantern ghost
|ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season! by @Chie
|ST33 June 2024| Bash at the Beach feat. chocolate_supra by ngpdrew

Upcoming General Discussion STs

|ST35 August 2024| by @shoptroll
|ST36 September 2024| by @Suswave
|ST37 October 2024| by @Sadist

|ST38 November 2024|, Mario & Luigi Brothership and Dragon Quest III HD-2D month, is open to claim! Please @ me if you are interested :)

|ST39 December 2024| by @MissingNo.
|ST40 January 2025| by @EvilChameleon

I hope we all have an awesome July! Enjoy the thread everyone :)

Last edited:
I will be stuck at Frankfurt Train Station for the next few hours starting 3am. Should I play Mariokart or rewatch Evangelion, which I have for some reason downloaded on my phone?

Ah, a wonderful new thread! Would it be too early for me to claim ST40 for January of 2025? Unless someone else wants it, of course, then I'll happily defer to that person.

Super Marion Sunshine still in the previous thread waiting for its trophy

EcsgqbuU8AIogQp.png

Wow new thread already! June completely disappeared between vacation and playing a metric ton of Elden Ring. Nearly done with the DLC now though so soon I'll actually play something else :p

Great thread @xghost777 !

I can't believe we are only five days to go for Daybreak! It's going to be such a good month between that, Summer Games Done Quick (which just started this week!), and the Nintendo World Championships game. I might also pick up Earth Defense Force 6 on PS5 though I might hold out on the chance for a delayed physical version which did happen for EDF 5.

July is a perfect month for starting new games.
Also July; Tour de France, Wimbledon, Euros, Copa, and the Summer Olympics.
Welp, better luck in August!

God I got jumpscared by this article thumbnail. Nintendo are so cruel....

(they deadass say to play the first game on 3DS or GameCube lmao)

I made some pepper steak, tonight. I posted my progress on @Suswave's cooking thread, if you wanna make one yourselves.

Today, I return with a vengeance!

3ZkroMN.jpeg

I made some pepper steak with white rice (though I fucked up the rice).

Ingredients

Beef Sirloin Steak, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 Green Bell Peppers
1 Onion
2 cans of gravy
Garlic Powder
1 bag of White Rice
Vegetable Oil

Process

Admittedly, I may have done things inefficiently and out of order. I started with cutting the steak into 2 inch pieces, then I poured some vegetable oil onto the skillet to cook the pieces as groups of 7 and put garlic powder on each side. I taste tested a few of the pieces to make sure they tasted right. While cooking the steak, I made the mistake of putting the entire bag of rice into pan. Despite following the instructions on the back of the bag, the rice wasn't soft enough. Once the steak was finished, I started cutting the vegetables, then I placed them on the skillet with a cover, letting them stew for 5 minutes. The final step was heating the gray; I emptied the 2 cans onto a separate skillet before heating it. Once I started to heat the skillet, I stirred the gravy to help it warm up; once it was hot enough, I poured some of it one the plate with a ladle and voila! The dish is done! The process took about an hour and a half.

Conclusion

Besides the rice, I'd say that the dish came out great! It tasted exactly how my Mom makes it, aside from the garlic powder, she had some and she liked it too! I want to try it again with the rice and to be more efficient with the whole process.

Hello all! I hope everyone has a great July! I can't wait for Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition!! The previews last week made me SO excited!!

new month new month

don't tell my landlord though I'm so sick of paying rent and being broke

I better get cooking on my September thread with some light Echoes of Wisdom theming...

qOOtjvC.jpeg

Ugh supposed to be brutally hot this week going into the weekend. Trying to decide if I’m picking up chicken to grill or ingredients for a soup where the left overs are good cold(aka no meat outside the broth and minimal oil)

E3 season may be over but Nintendo Space World season is upon us. I’m hoping Nintendo will finally show Cabbage for the 64DD.

Oh hey new month!

Came here to say. I dont know how old it is but that new NSO app Home screen solved literally all the lag I experienced with the app, even in game.

it's gonna be 115 here next week 🫠
Well 90 and drops 30+ degrees at night or more depending on wind. But that’s really hot for up here! Tho not till like Sat. And it’s over 10 degrees hotter down in the valley. My place has decent insulation but I’m really hoping to have my room back together(bathroom remodel) so I can hide out on the first floor with drapes(upstairs has skylights). I have an ac but it’s a single vent model and it’s inconvenient to setup upstairs(May still try tho). But downstairs should stay decent. Tho the kitchen and fridge is upstairs

tried to post this shit from youtube but it's apparently "premium members only" or some shit so

can't stop listening

You know the team at Clouded Leopard had fun localizing EDF World Brothers 2 when they specifically call Bill & Ted (and they got it right also, since Bill and Ted travel to rome in the cartoon)

bxYiWug.jpeg

These days it's the change in Fami general discussion which alerts me to the fact it's a new month.

Half the year gone! And it ain't been a vintage one so far for me. Hopefully better things are coming (and some better things are coming, like new Zelda).

Double post for my shitpost I thought this up in like 2 minutes haiku about Mario 64. This is my submission @xghost777

Let's-a-go, wahoo
Mama mia, here we go
So long, eh, Bowser

I'm sure it's all uphill from here

You know the team at Clouded Leopard had fun localizing EDF World Brothers 2 when they specifically call Bill & Ted (and they got it right also, since Bill and Ted travel to rome in the cartoon)

bxYiWug.jpeg

Bill & Ted shoutout FTW!

Time to watch the trilogy again on the weekend.

It's July, why

Because even time itself is sick of waiting for Switch 2, so it goes a little faster than usual.

Double post for my shitpost I thought this up in like 2 minutes haiku about Mario 64. This is my submission @xghost777

Let's-a-go, wahoo
Mama mia, here we go
So long, eh, Bowser

I'm sure it's all uphill from here
I love it!

Thanks for kicking off the Nintendo World Championships Famiboards Edition :)

Back
Top Bottom