• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Champion Discussion |ST34 July 2024| Fami Through Daybreak

image-8.png

I think this is one of the funniest things i've ever seen in a dev interview
It's actually a question rooted in truth. Ask that fool Keiji Inafune and that dumb interview he did with Eurogamer lol:

Keiji Inafune:
The goal for Dead Rising 2 is to replace the Resident Evil franchise and become the number one IP within Capcom.
Eurogamer:
That's quite an ambitious goal. Are you confident Dead Rising will achieve it?
Keiji Inafune:
As a creator, the sales and marketing part aside, unless you have a big goal to strive for you can't create a good game. Therefore, if the Dead Rising franchise takes over the Resident Evil franchise, a new game I come up with will obviously strive to go over Dead Rising. That's the goal I set out for any title I decide to create.

As in 99% of the cases of a "We're going to make a franchise-killer for popular franchise to surpass it!" ... the actual popular franchise won, survived and thrives while the "killer" went on "dying" and was downgraded to "line-up filler remake/remaster".

One day, devs and pubs will learn this too.

It's actually a question rooted in truth. Ask that fool Keiji Inafune and that dumb interview he did with Eurogamer lol:
I mean yes, it's a question rooted in truth. Why would the director of Dead Rising be talking about it in an interview otherwise? lol

As in 99% of the cases of a "We're going to make a franchise-killer for popular franchise to surpass it!" ... the actual popular franchise won, survived and thrives while the "killer" went on "dying" and was downgraded to "line-up filler remake/remaster".

One day, devs and pubs will learn this too.
Wat. Dead Rising was pretty successful and was Capcoms fourth biggest IP for years in the 2000's / 2010's. It didn't die because it wasn't popular it died because it kept being given to Vancouver and the quality standards lowered.

Also it's literally the same developer and publisher as RE lol. I'm pretty sure they just meant they wanted to make an even more popular game, not kill their biggest IP.

Last edited:
Wat. Dead Rising was pretty successful and was Capcoms fourth biggest IP for years in the 2000's / 2010's. It didn't die because it wasn't popular it died because it kept being given to Vancouver and the quality standards lowered.

Also it's literally the same developer and publisher as RE lol.

Yokai Watch was pretty successful, too. Was.
And honestly, DR was dead the moment Capcom "transferred" it to their western branch.

For the last sentence, doesn't matter if it's the same dev or another dev.

Yokai Watch was pretty successful, too. Was.
And honestly, DR was dead the moment Capcom "transferred" it to their western branch.

For the last sentence, doesn't matter if it's the same dev or another dev.
Yes it does. The entire history of "xyz killer" is rooted in other companies trying to takeover the space of another ip, like Haze being the Halo killer or Battlefield being the COD killer. Your entire analogy doesn't make sense when you're talking about the same company, especially when the goal is to dethrone a franchise, not kill it. There's nothing wrong with aiming to be even more successful and you're conflating that with the history of franchise killers.

Yes it does. The entire history of "xyz killer" is rooted in other companies trying to takeover the space of another ip, like Haze being the Halo killer or Battlefield being the COD killer. Your entire analogy doesn't make sense when you're talking about the same company, especially when the goal is to dethrone a franchise, not kill it. There's nothing wrong with aiming to be even more successful and you're conflating that with the history of franchise killers.

Let's just agree to disagree, 'cause again, for me there's no difference if it's inhouse or from outside devs. Back then it was basically two big heads in Capcom competing for the top spot and wanting to outdo the other.

You're being too literal on the "killing", because even IF for example Yokai Watch would've 1up-ed Pokemon and turned into a huge IP bigger than Pokemon, "killing" Pokemon, that wouldn't mean that Pokemon would've stopped being a thing. Or is Digimon dead, for example?

Always this discussion stuff about semantics...

Let's just agree to disagree, 'cause again, for me there's no difference if it's inhouse or from outside devs. Back then it was basically two big heads in Capcom competing for the top spot and wanting to outdo the other.

You're being too literal on the "killing", because even IF for example Yokai Watch would've 1up-ed Pokemon and turned into a huge IP bigger than Pokemon, "killing" Pokemon, that wouldn't mean that Pokemon would've stopped being a thing. Or is Digimon dead, for example?

Always this discussion stuff about semantics...
I don't really see how "let's strive to make an even more successful product" is being conflated with franchise killers because it's pretty normal for companies to want to make even more successful products, what they said isn't even that different from what Nintendo has said about giving yourself an ambitious goal, that was the goal, it is not the same as wanting to be the only dominant figure in a space and why your Pokemon comparison fails. They want to make growth obviously, not take away from their own franchise. It just doesn't seem like an accurate comparison but I'll leave it at that.

Hi everyone, let's celebrate July with a brand new and shiny giveaway, if you don't mind!
This time we are gifting our followers with a digital copy o TOKYO XANADU eX+, for the EU eShop!

You can see the givaway here: TOKYO XANADU eX+ GIVEAWAY

join is very simple - you just need to leave a comment within Sunday, July 14th!

I’ve been no lifing the Trails series starting from FC since late March and I just wrapped up Reverie’s postgame last night. I’m all caught up and ready for Daybreak. But also now I can finally play some other games since I’m not playing catchup anymore.

I’ve been no lifing the Trails series starting from FC since late March and I just wrapped up Reverie’s postgame last night. I’m all caught up and ready for Daybreak. But also now I can finally play some other games since I’m not playing catchup anymore.
Wow, how did you manage it? I get so tired after doing two in a row

germany vs spain
france vs portugal

they will either be the most boring, cagey games of football you’ve ever seen, or they’ll be the most entertaining, open games of football you’ve ever seen. there is no in between

Finished all 69 worlds of Ring Fit Adventure yesterday. Not sure if I'll start a new file or commit to the custom routine circuit or what.

Main thing that's been bugging me about the game: whose bright idea was it to make flipping the ring downward both a necessary action to progress through levels and also the thing that resets the position of the on-screen ring. This is by far the dumbest aspect of the game and made the final level extremely tedious. You people already figured out how to assign this to a face button with Splatoon, and there's multiple unused face buttons in this game! I'm hoping Nintendo fixes this for whatever the sequel looks like, but I'm not at all optimistic

This is mighty impressive, wow!

I will be reading all future references to "Mickey Mouse" as "Macklemore"

Thank you for understanding in these difficult times.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking of that movie when I typed that πŸ˜…

@chocolate_supra you need to be a Romanian national team supporter. They have a player who dyed his hair blue because he is nicknamed Sonic for being so fast.
gotta Ro fast

I will be reading all future references to "Mickey Mouse" as "Macklemore"

Thank you for understanding in these difficult times.
so then like
Macklemore rpg???????
actually hell yeah

Is there an official smartphone thread on here I can ask dumb questions in preparations for vuying a nrw phone the coming months?

Back
Top Bottom