• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Champion Discussion |ST34 July 2024| Fami Through Daybreak

You know, my old laptop couldn't run Parkitect, so I refunded it, then a couple months later I got a laptop that could run it.

Metroid Prime 4: Beyond is a like a distant galaxy. The trailer we saw at the Direct was the light emitted from that galaxy finally arriving at earth. But that doesn't mean that galaxy is nearby. The universe is always expanding. In fact, the that galaxy have already moved beyond the cosmic event horizon where can never reach it.

That's what the subtitle, Beyond, truly means.

Me, reading the thread title thinking about how I haven't even finished Sky SC:

giphy.webp
One of these days the whole Sky trilogy will release on Switch and I'll finally play it. I just know it.

He thought he was the king of America
Where they pour Coca Cola just like vintage wine
Now, I try hard not to become hysterical
But I'm not sure if I am laughing or crying

That bad huh?

My heart goes out to all American peeps in November. I’m very scared of for the outcome.

I’m not going to lie, but seeing Biden stumble like he did… made me sad. Let me very clear; even with Biden at 50% he would still be a more competent president than Trump will ever be.

Still… I still don’t understand the Democrats not taking any action here. Yeah, you’ll need a convincing candidate to combat Trumps many attacks; still, there isn’t anyone out there at like fifty years old who can lay the smackdown on his lying ass?

I just hope Cold Steel series will get a full release on Nintendo consoles. Next to Sky of course. I miss Joshua and Estelle lol

This is just based on vibes, but does anyone else connect Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess's genre fusion, unique presentation, and relatively experimental nature (in the sea of AAA publishers) with Odama for GameCube? For whatever reason, once I made that connection, I haven't been able to forget it.

Kunitsu-Gami reminds me of the mid-00s in a good way. I'm pleased that Capcom developed this and Exoprimal this generation.

Not a fan of when games get updates that change their icon/thumbnail/art/etc

(this is about Hitman World of Assassination now having Conor McGregor staring down Agent 47 on the thumbnail and banner art)

Last edited:
I had a weird dream last night they showed off a new, 3D Donkey Kong but:

1) They made it "retro" so it looked like a N64 game
2) The antagonist was a massive polar bear who would lock onto you and chase at random moments through the entire game and could not be defeated

what the fuck
They cast him as an elusive target (so like, a time-limited mission you're only meant to get one shot at). They've done some stuntcasting in the past for these things, like Sean Bean as basically a legally-distinct version of his Goldeneye character, and they also once had Gary Busey as himself

Which means presumably until the event is over, I've just got McGregor hanging out on my steam library page. Silver lining is that at least his only purpose for being in the game is so you can kill him in some convoluted way

Last edited:
Speaking of Hitman, are those devs still working on that 007 game?
Far as we know, yep. It's still listed on their website and whatnot

Apparently a financial report from IO about a year ago indicated they expected profits to be down for their next two fiscal years due to long production cycles, so people seem to think their Bond game is "after March 2025" at the earliest

If I had access to a time machine that could only handle a single round-trip, I'd go back in time to 2020 to insist that my past self brush his teeth thrice daily and double-check that he's using anti-cavity mouthwash instead of just bad breath. Root canals are expensive.

If I had access to a time machine that could only handle a single round-trip, I'd go back in time to 2020 to insist that my past self brush his teeth thrice daily and double-check that he's using anti-cavity mouthwash instead of just bad breath. Root canals are expensive.
you would loop back to the start of the pandemic?

you wouldn't wanna hang out like... somewhere else a bit? give an even paster you the message anyways?

Whaaaa?!? New Rayearth anime?! Yay! Kinda curious if Clamp will write a new revision of the script all together considering the manga/anime and ova all had differences in takes. Going to be funny if this is a fourth different version. Well deserved tho

Whaaaa?!? New Rayearth anime?! Yay! Kinda curious if Clamp will write a new revision of the script all together considering the manga/anime and ova all had differences in takes. Going to be funny if this is a fourth different version. Well deserved tho

So what's that now.. Sailor Moon, Urusei Yatsura, Ranma, now Rayearth, and I think there were some reboots of classic sports anime too?

*crosses fingers for Utena next*

you would loop back to the start of the pandemic?

you wouldn't wanna hang out like... somewhere else a bit? give an even paster you the message anyways?
It would also double as peace of mind that me and my loved ones survived it, so there is no need to stress eat copious amounts of candy.

I'm pretty sure I have now mentioned Utena more than any other Fami member (not including quotes) and I'm quite proud of that

So what's that now.. Sailor Moon, Urusei Yatsura, Ranma, now Rayearth, and I think there were some reboots of classic sports anime too?

I mean Kinnikuman is an adaption of the continuation(sooo curious to hear Mamoru’s cover of Go Fight this week). Oh and they’re finally doing a new Grendizer after 40 years

Unlike the others, it's an original work, so unless Ikuhara really wants to do it, I don't see an Utena remake happening. (And tbh I'd rather he'd do his next original project or an adaptation of something suitable like this)

On a different note, YouTube has either pulled back their last garbage UI revision or one of my browser plugins got an update to overwrite this rubbish.

Ah, new month smell.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Great ST, @xghost777! You're asking me to contain my Mario hype to one post. That is a challenge...but one I am willing to take up. I better get cooking!
I’m really looking forward to your Mario post VD! You can only submit one for the Championships, but you can make more than one this week :)

Elden Ring and DLC complete! I loved it and it was incredible, but after blitzing through a new character just to get to the DLC and really pushing my playtime over the last month I have to say I’m ready to do something else now 😄

Jesus christ never scare me like that again! I didn't know where the ST was and thought the NWC thread replaced it!
That woulda been a good idea for April if the timing had worked out 😏

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.
What's goofy is I have said that exact thing myself before but for car weeb reasons

Back
Top Bottom