• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Champion Discussion |ST34 July 2024| Fami Through Daybreak

Trying to focus on some quicker bite games this week
You know the team at Clouded Leopard had fun localizing EDF World Brothers 2 when they specifically call Bill & Ted (and they got it right also, since Bill and Ted travel to rome in the cartoon)

bxYiWug.jpeg
Hah that’s rad. I’m tempted to give another go at the first but team building/weapons are a pain

The character designer for Bayonetta and Tekken designed Fidough, Dachsbun, Miriam, and Raifort from Pokemon SV. I just thought that's really cool.

NGL, my first thought was that this was some sort of off-the-wall Utena reboot

Trying to focus on some quicker bite games this week

Hah that’s rad. I’m tempted to give another go at the first but team building/weapons are a pain
So far 2 has been more balanced, I'm 30 missions now and haven't had any issues with weapons. For team building since you can have multiple, I already have 4 teams for different situations

So far 2 has been more balanced, I'm 30 missions now and haven't had any issues with weapons. For team building since you can have multiple, I already have 4 teams for different situations
I just can’t get a grasp on what weapons fit me or not, there’s not really quick descriptions like the classic games

had the distinct honor of adding both The Boy and the Heron and Kentucky Route Zero to The Isle of the Dead (painting)'s Wikipedia page today.

Do artists crowd surf anymore? Most venues these days there's a pretty decent gap between the crowd and the stage unless it's a small venue.
Yeah, most halls even forbid it I believe. I kind of dug the rowdiness as an old hardcore punk fan, but can understand not everybody likes getting boots in their necks while enjoying a show.

Fangamer is great. Whenever there's an update to Stardew Valley and they update their guide, they send you an email that lets you download the added parts absolutely free.

Ugh, PS got the timed exclusivity. It's borderline impossible to play tycoon games on home console due to unreadable small text. I had to sit 4 feet close to my TV to play Anno 1800 properly.
Nah, it's on Xbox too, I got it wishlisted. It looks like Switch isn't getting it.

Nah, it's on Xbox too, I got it wishlisted. It looks like Switch isn't getting it.
Boooo! Man All I wanted a good park builder besides the ancient RCT3. We got THREE and none of them are on Switch. Pisses me off so much. Since they're a small indie studio, I don't think a successor version also in the cards.

Switch does get some games in its eight year but the tycoon genre completely abandoning it is some bullshit. No Planet Zoo, no JW Evolution 2, no Evil Genius 2, no Dungeons 4, no Anno 1800. Am I the only one to see the genre best played on Switch and/or tablets?

Boooo! Man All I wanted a good park builder besides the ancient RCT3. We got THREE and none of them are on Switch. Pisses me off so much. Since they're a small indie studio, I don't think a successor version also in the cards.

Switch does get some games in its eight year but the tycoon genre completely abandoning it is some bullshit. No Planet Zoo, no JW Evolution 2, no Evil Genius 2, no Dungeons 4, no Anno 1800. Am I the only one to see the genre best played on Switch and/or tablets?
I'm guessing the Switch just can't run it. Planet Coaster on XBO/PS4 already has heavily restrictive building limits because of the lower power, I can't imagine it on Switch. Same with Planet Zoo. And given that there's already frame drops in the trailer, I'm guessing Parkitect has trouble running on current gen consoles as it is.

I'm guessing the Switch just can't run it. Planet Coaster on XBO/PS4 already has heavily restrictive building limits because of the lower power, I can't imagine it on Switch. Same with Planet Zoo. And given that there's already frame drops in the trailer, I'm guessing Parkitect has trouble running on current gen consoles as it is.
Nah, Parkitect runs pretty well on my ancient laptop while Planet Coaster crashes all the time. Can't even get past the start screen. Looking at steam requirements, it doesn't seem too far away from Switch's capabilities. Maybe it's a late port who knows?

Nah, Parkitect runs pretty well on my ancient laptop while Planet Coaster crashes all the time. Can't even get past the start screen. Looking at steam requirements, it doesn't seem too far away from Switch's capabilities. Maybe it's a late port who knows?
Maybe. The port is done by an outside company and already got delayed by six months, so maybe it's coming later. I wouldn't count on it though.

Back
Top Bottom